Gaming PlayStation 5

Irwin99

Saw this article that I thought made good reading about first party exclusives (obviously ignoring any next gen but cross platform games alongside the One X).

https://gamerant.com/ps4-exclusives-list-best/

Arguably Uncharted 4 was the first game that really took advantage of the hardware to deliver a great game that was also impossible on PS3. So maybe 3 years after its release. It was 4 yrs onwards that things like Horizon Dawn Zero and God of War started to arrive.
Interesting. I've been critical of the lack of PS5 exclusives but I assumed it was the chip shortage and the Covid crisis.

I'm honestly happy that more people get to enjoy games if they're cross gen but i'm also itching to see what this generation can do. Of the exclusives i've played, Demon's Souls, Returnal and Ratchet and Clank are the games that have impressed me and given a little glimpse of what could be done.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
You must be a very sensitive little soul if you think that was condescending.
I might be, but you are condescending.
My post might indicate that in life I can sometimes be a bit too sensitive. Your posts indicate that in life you can sometimes be condescending. So we've both got things to reflect on which is ultimately helpful. Maybe I underestimate the power of the forum.

Last edited:

pacifictheme

I might be, but you are condescending.
My post might indicate that in life I can sometimes be a bit too sensitive. Your posts indicate that in life you can sometimes be condescending. So we've both got things to reflect on which is ultimately helpful. Maybe I underestimate the power of the forum.
I don't think you know what the word means.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I don't think you know what the word means.
Not condescending at all. I hope you don't talk to people in real life like this. Poor little soul and don't understand why you wouldn't know this, for example. I was innocently querying about the ps5 and you chime in with a shit cnut attitude. I'd be happy to admit being sensitive it comparison.

pacifictheme

Not condescending at all. I hope you don't talk to people in real life like this. Poor little soul and don't understand why you wouldn't know this, for example. I was innocently querying about the ps5 and you chime in with a shit cnut attitude. I'd be happy to admit being sensitive it comparison.
Oh so that one sentence at the start is the bit that offended you. The "I don't really understand this" bit, because the last few gens have been exactly like that, where it takes developers a while to understand the best way to use the systems. The rest was totally reasonable. And now you're name calling. Very adult.

Bosws87

Both consoles are now super similar to PC architecture there will obviously be improvements over the consoles lifecycle but there won't be huge gains like some of the other consoles.

PS3 is the prime example as due to the cell architecture it made it possible to make huge optimisations.

Add on to the fact we are reaching a diminishing point with graphics overall so its small improvements rather then any vast differences, the next biggest move imo will be the use of AI for resolution/framerate as which is currently being implemented by NVIDIA in the 4000 series cards.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Hi guys, it's been 18 months since I got this, and I have barely played any first person shooter games. I tried to play COD once, and playing with a controller was absolutely miserable. Any tips or games you would recommend to help me get better at fps games using a controller?
Cyperpunk 2077 was a rushed mess when it first came, but if you like story driven FPS's (well its not really a true FPS) then i would highly reccomend it. Got it on sale abut a week ago and the story, writing and world is fecking amazing imo.

Bosws87

Hi guys, it's been 18 months since I got this, and I have barely played any first person shooter games. I tried to play COD once, and playing with a controller was absolutely miserable. Any tips or games you would recommend to help me get better at fps games using a controller?
Single player Deathloop it's free on a certain tier of Playstation plus.

Multiplayer wise plenty of free to play options, personally Apex legends is leagues above them all for me.

Ainu

Hot Wheels Unleashed is one of the monthly PS Plus Essential titles for October, looks like a lot of fun. I've always loved this type of arcade, wacky racer (much like Trackmania), so I'm looking forward to checking it out. It has a track creator as well.

b82REZ

Hot Wheels Unleashed is one of the monthly PS Plus Essential titles for October, looks like a lot of fun. I've always loved this type of arcade, wacky racer (much like Trackmania), so I'm looking forward to checking it out. It has a track creator as well.
It's excellent.

I found the track creator a bid fiddly though and it doesn't really, as far as I could see, let you know if the physics of your track work. So many of my attempts at making a track ended up with my car constantly falling off.

Ainu

It's excellent.

I found the track creator a bid fiddly though and it doesn't really, as far as I could see, let you know if the physics of your track work. So many of my attempts at making a track ended up with my car constantly falling off.
I'm more interested in seeing what the community comes up with rather than creating stuff myself.

LoneStar

Single player Deathloop it's free on a certain tier of Playstation plus.

Multiplayer wise plenty of free to play options, personally Apex legends is leagues above them all for me.
Cyperpunk 2077 was a rushed mess when it first came, but if you like story driven FPS's (well its not really a true FPS) then i would highly reccomend it. Got it on sale abut a week ago and the story, writing and world is fecking amazing imo.
Thanks both! Think I'll start with Apex Legends since it's free. But will very likely buy Deatloop and Cyberpunk in some months when the price drops down.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Not really. Like I said it's pretty common for console generations to see the best use of the console towards the end of its life. Not in the first year. And covid fecked stuff up too.
Not sure why this is ground breaking to anybody else. Agree. Companies fully understand the architecture, it’s limitations and build around it. Look at ghosts. Amazing performance to the point the difference between the standard ps4 version and the ps5 upgrade is neither here nor there.

pacifictheme

Thanks both! Think I'll start with Apex Legends since it's free. But will very likely buy Deatloop and Cyberpunk in some months when the price drops down.
I would second cyberpunk. Also got it in the sale last week and so far it has been genuinely brilliant. Gameplay is really good too, way more fun than I thought it would be.

TheReligion

Abusive
No good, absolute shambles then.

Nah, it's probably about 5mins a race tbh. Very simple game, but good fun too..doesn't feel as if it cheats you, you just pay for your own mistakes. Great for kids I'd reckon
I need to get a PS5 :(

Plan is to pick one up this side of Christmas as they are more widely available now. Just wondering if any good deals might crop up Black Friday.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I need to get a PS5 :(

Plan is to pick one up this side of Christmas as they are more widely available now. Just wondering if any good deals might crop up Black Friday.
Can't see it myself tbh, the demand still outweighs the supply. Black Friday is just junk companies want rid of because theirs a newer model coming out.

Baxter

I’ve a couple of hundred quid of Amazon vouchers and can’t buy :(

b82REZ

Does anyone else have issues playing blu rays on their PS5?

The only way I can seem to get mine to play one is if I disconnect from the internet. If I stay connected to the internet I get a black screen.

I'm guessing the console is trying to authenticate or something but it just seems to give up trying after a few seconds and never progresses past the black screen.

Edit: I turned off internet connection for BD live and that seems to have fixed it. It's a better work around than having to disconnect the console from the internet every time I want to watch the Sopranos. Seems the console gets confused if the disc doesn't have interactive features that need an internet connection to use.

Last edited:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Does anyone else have issues playing blu rays on their PS5?

The only way I can seem to get mine to play one is if I disconnect from the internet. If I stay connected to the internet I get a black screen.

I'm guessing the console is trying to authenticate or something but it just seems to give up trying after a few seconds and never progresses past the black screen.

Edit: I turned off internet connection for BD live and that seems to have fixed it. It's a better work around than having to disconnect the console from the internet every time I want to watch the Sopranos. Seems the console gets confused if the disc doesn't have interactive features that need an internet connection to use.
No chap. Played loads of BR's and not had one single problem so far other than very sensitive lense picking up scratches that my eyes can't see. Any issues I've had have been solved by a good wipe.