Gaming PlayStation 5

Ainu

It's a bit predictable in terms of gameplay but you have to hand it to Insomniac, their games always look phenomenal and run flawlessly. That bit with Miles flying through Manhattan is ridiculous.

RedDevilRoshi

Spider Man 2 will no doubt sell a lot of copies and be both fun & good like its predecessors.

MGS: Snake Eater I’m excited for but with caution. Don’t have much faith in Konami.

Phantom Blade looked interesting but need to see more of it.

Other than that, a very meh showcase so I’m glad I have a fair bit of a backlog of games to get through this year.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Apart from Spider-Man 2 and MGS which we basically knew about, that was crap. Some absolutely shocking looking games.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Looks fun. I wonder if they’ll let you switch between the 2 whenever you want or only at set-points.

Overall, a mediocre event.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Spider Man 2 will no doubt sell a lot of copies and be both fun & good like its predecessors.

MGS: Snake Eater I’m excited for but with caution. Don’t have much faith in Konami.

Other than that, a very meh showcase so I’m glad I have a fair bit of a backlog of games to get through this year.
Yeah for sure disappointing overall but they usually are outside a handful of games. Disappointing no news on FF7 Rebirth so hopefully SE will announce an update soon.

MGS3 I can’t help but be hyped for and the chance to play through them all again soon

Ainu

A big meh from me for the whole showcase. Some good games in there, but we pretty knew about all of them already. This thing ran for more than an hour and there was pretty much not a single moment where I thought "oh hell yes!" or something.

Chairman Steve

I’m guessing the Delta sign on the MGS3 remake is going to be the constant as they remake the series?

Coxy

Underwhelmed with the games - although assassins creed looked promising (looked more like it used to be)

the hardware looked interesting though depending on cost. The earbuds would be super useful - and the streaming handheld thing would be perfect for me - hardly ever get to use the TV

RedDevilRoshi

Underwhelmed with the games - although assassins creed looked promising (looked more like it used to be)

the hardware looked interesting though depending on cost. The earbuds would be super useful - and the streaming handheld thing would be perfect for me - hardly ever get to use the TV
I agree, quite interested in them although feel like the price will put me off.

RedDevilRoshi

Quietly excited for this MGS remake / collection. Hope it's not console exclusive but wouldn't begrudge you guys if it is.
Didn’t really state that it was an exclusive in the trailer unless I clearly missed it if it is.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

First one was too long, got repetitive quickly and finishing it was a chore. I reckon this new one will also be 20+ hours and will get similarly terious towards the end.

Miles Morales was basically the perfect length for this type of game but devs feel compelled to pack it with the same missions and pointless items to discover so you can feel like you receive some value in return for those £60.

Bebe

That was as meh as I expected it to be. Spiderman 2 looks great, I'll probably check out an MGS game now that they're bringing them back. Alan Wake was a fun 8/10 game on X360, I guess I'll play a sequel.

Surprised they didn't show any of the Last of Us multiplayer thing. Seems like we might be entering a fallow period in terms of first party PS content which makes some sense given the various studios timelines. I guess this is what it would feel like to be @Fully Fledged

Play our new IP it’s a futuristic open world space game with lots of things happening on the screen at one time it’s very original.
Honestly. "Look how next gen we are with our overly vibrant colours!"

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
That handheld is abysmal though. Vita could already play PS4 games via remote play 10 years ago, and at least had some games to play when you were on the move and had no connection.

Fully Fledged

That was as meh as I expected it to be. Spiderman 2 looks great, I'll probably check out an MGS game now that they're bringing them back. Alan Wake was a fun 8/10 game on X360, I guess I'll play a sequel.

Surprised they didn't show any of the Last of Us multiplayer thing. Seems like we might be entering a fallow period in terms of first party PS content which makes some sense given the various studios timelines. I guess this is what it would feel like to be @Fully Fledged

Honestly. "Look how next gen we are with our overly vibrant colours!"
I've had plenty of fallow periods, most of them had nothing to do with gaming. ;)

Chairman Steve

Dragon’s Dogma 2 looked fun. The original is a bit of a sleeper hit and showed potential to be a very good game, which I hope is more realised in the sequel. It’s headed up by Itsuno who did all the Devil May Cry games after the original so I’m expecting good combat mechanics.

The best way I can describe it is Elder Scrolls fused with Devil May Cry.

caid

I still have a copy of MGS 3. I played it again last year. Yay for possibly nicer graphics? Please no unskippable cutscenes in Spiderman 2.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
That handheld is abysmal though. Vita could already play PS4 games via remote play 10 years ago, and at least had some games to play when you were on the move and had no connection.
It's a weird one. The idea would be fantastic if they let you use it for cloud gaming but seemingly that's not on the cards right now?

Last edited:

evil_geko

I am not looking forward to that MGS3 remake without Kojima being involved. Has potential to be a disaster.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
You lot were almost as bad in here as posters in the matchday threads.

'You didn't show me all the games I wanted therefore it's all shit... oooh dragon's thingy 2... '

'If I don't get my hide in a box remake I'm switching to xbox'

'This looks like every other game ever I'm closing my eyes for the rest of the showcase in protest'

Worst.... showcase.... ever.... <switches on ps5 and boots up fecking Fortnite>

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Will Sony be part of the Summer Games Fest? As I can see a lot of their games being shown there too

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Spiderman 2 looks so damn good.
It does. That sequence over the water looked great but it is essentially a cutscene with QTEs. I’m skeptical of that sort of ‘on rails’ type of gameplay.

My gf was like “why are they showing the whole thing, you’re going to have to play this bit” and I was thinking yeah. It’s not like I’ll have a different experience. I’ll just do that exact scripted scene again later this year.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You lot were almost as bad in here as posters in the matchday threads.

'You didn't show me all the games I wanted therefore it's all shit... oooh dragon's thingy 2... '

'If I don't get my hide in a box remake I'm switching to xbox'

'This looks like every other game ever I'm closing my eyes for the rest of the showcase in protest'

Worst.... showcase.... ever.... <switches on ps5 and boots up fecking Fortnite>
Turned on my switch and played TOTK actually.