Gaming PlayStation Plus

Skywarden

Right lads, I've had this PS3 sitting in my mum's house for about 18 months now and haven't played it once. What games should I be looking at in this sale?

I'm thinking:

Bioshock
Crysis
Mass Effect
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Arkham Asylum

All for a total of £30. Anything I should be looking at?

If you can find The Last of Us for a good price then go for it. Other than that, you have plenty of game time ahead.

Bojan11

Don't buy Bioshock Infinite.

Rumour has it that Bioshock and Outlast will be next months ps plus offering for Europe.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Get Borderlands 2 from ps plus. I'm still playing it from having bought it a month after it came out. One of my favorite games of all time.

Skywarden

Should I play through the Borderlands 2 story once before I try multiplayer/co-op?

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Is Blazblue Contunuum Shift worth downloading while it's free? I'd have to delete some stuff, Tekken 6, and Street Fighter v Tekken, likely, probably need to find one or two more to clear as well.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Get Borderlands 2 from ps plus. I'm still playing it from having bought it a month after it came out. One of my favorite games of all time.
I have acquired it, as I do with every free game, didn't download it yet. Is it worth playing in single player (i.e., is it beatable?) I've never been a fan of co-op games.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I have a 32GB memory cart, it's not enough, it's full! I'm waiting for them to start selling the 64GB cart but it's still only available in Japan and it's 100 quid to import one.
I have a 32 and a 16 full, copied all the games on the 32 to my laptop though, got Blazblue downloading now. Can't wait for the 64gb cart to be available here.

I wonder will any aftermrket parts company try making Vita carts one day.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Where's BioShock Infinite? Read that it was supposed to be out this month with DMC. Seen DMC but no BioShock.

WeasteDevil

I have a 32 and a 16 full, copied all the games on the 32 to my laptop though, got Blazblue downloading now. Can't wait for the 64gb cart to be available here.

I wonder will any aftermrket parts company try making Vita carts one day.
If they had simply gone with a standard SD this would not be a problem, the cnuts!

Where's BioShock Infinite? Read that it was supposed to be out this month with DMC. Seen DMC but no BioShock.
That rumour is for next month.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I have acquired it, as I do with every free game, didn't download it yet. Is it worth playing in single player (i.e., is it beatable?) I've never been a fan of co-op games.
Totally beatable as a single player and completely enjoyable too. I've nearly completed my second full play through and I've done most of that in single player.

The co-op you can dip into and out of and your progress in multiplayer co-op can count in your single player game if you want.

binary bot
Don't buy Bioshock Infinite.

Rumour has it that Bioshock and Outlast will be next months ps plus offering for Europe.
Outlast has been confirmed for February, never played a horror game - looking forward to it.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I'm not much into horror games, but Outlast looks a bit special.

You'd nearly want a 6 month in advance list of PS+ games, I'm almost afraid to buy a game these days....

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Confirmed for EU's February is Bioshock Infinite and Metro Last Light for PS3, Outlast for PS4, Dynasty Warriors and ModNation Racers for Vita.

Alock1

:drool:

I'd be more excited for Modnation if it weren't for Sonic All Stars, though!
I brought ModNation before getting Sonic on the Vita. Despite having it, and having Sonic on Xbox I still got it for the Vita.

Basically.. it's not that good. It's ok, it does everything a kart racer should do but the controls aren't as tight as they should, the weapons either suck or are overpowered, and there is just a real lack of charm. Admittedly, I've barely given it any chance - only completing about 10 races. So perhaps I'm missing out and just needed to adjust to it or learn to enjoy it, but since I'm a massive kart racing game fan in general I don't feel like I'm hard to 'win over'.

It's not bad, especially not for free. It's just not that good.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Eh, I'll take a punt at free, same as Dynasty Warriors, not a game I'd buy, but I'll take a punt.

When I first got PS+, I had already tried the Rayman demo on 3DS, and reaffirmed that I wasn't gone on Rayman and wouldn't buy it. Saw it on PS+, and for free "why not", fell in love with it, ridiculously good game. :lol:

Alock1

When was Rayman free on PS+? How did I miss that?

Jacob

When I got my PS4 I signed up for a 14 day free trial, it has now been over a month and I can still play online. The hell is going on?

Leg-End

When I got my PS4 I signed up for a 14 day free trial, it has now been over a month and I can still play online. The hell is going on?
It auto-renews by default, you probably paid for it.

Jacob

Would that be a month or year for auto-renewal?

Edit: I see a £6 transaction to Sony now, a month it is then. Would rather buy a year long instead.

Alock1

Would that be a month or year for auto-renewal?
Whatever you had done previously, but for a free trial then I'm pretty confident it'd renew for the next month and each month after. Costs more doing it that way than for every 3 months, which costs more than doing it yearly.

Jacob

Ok, thanks! If I were to purchase a digital PS Plus code from Amazon.com (US), would that work in EU?

Sorry, I'm new to this PS Plus stuff!

Leg-End

Ok, thanks! If I were to purchase a digital PS Plus code from Amazon.com (US), would that work in EU?

Sorry, I'm new to this PS Plus stuff!
I'm not 100% sure but I think codes are region specific so likely not, Weaste?

WeasteDevil

Sony just take €49.99 out of my bank account every year.

And yes, codes can be region specific. Although in the past people have bought PSN cards from say the US to gain access to the US store (as they don't have a US bank or credit card). It applies to the store being used rather than where the machine is located.

For example, I have a US PSN account, but I can't buy anything off it.

As a side note though, you can use PayPal to do it. :) I don't think that you can get PS+ though PayPal - but I don't know, never tried it.

Last edited:

Woodzy

I upgraded to a yearly subscription since I was convinced enough. And I really don't wanna lose my free games.

The feckers have me, don't they?