Gaming PlayStation Plus

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You're a hard man to please :lol:
I just expected better from a next generation console. Some of these games are so unbelievably basic and have been done over and over again.

Just not got any time for the same old stuff. Feels like every month there's a fantasy game called Forbidden Realm: Calm Storm or some shit.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I just expected better from a next generation console. Some of these games are so unbelievably basic and have been done over and over again.

Just not got any time for the same old stuff. Feels like every month there's a fantasy game called Forbidden Realm: Calm Storm or some shit.
There’s been plenty of good new games released, (I would argue a better variety of games a year after launch than both the PS3 and PS4 had). Plus there’s a good line up planned for 2022 (Elden Ring, Horizon 2, GT7, Forspoken and hopefully God of War 2).

Plus games have always been a little bonus, for £40 a year (£3.33 a month), I’m not expecting top tier games every month. Some months will be good, others bad. I think your reviews of some of the above games are very harsh, but then we all like different things.

I’m currently playing Yakuza 0. IIRC you played and enjoyed Persona 5 so I think you’d enjoy it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There’s been plenty of good new games released, (I would argue a better variety of games a year after launch than both the PS3 and PS4 had). Plus there’s a good line up planned for 2022 (Elden Ring, Horizon 2, GT7, Forspoken and hopefully God of War 2).

Plus games have always been a little bonus, for £40 a year (£3.33 a month), I’m not expecting top tier games every month. Some months will be good, others bad. I think your reviews of some of the above games are very harsh, but then we all like different things.

I’m currently playing Yakuza 0. IIRC you played and enjoyed Persona 5 so I think you’d enjoy it.
Yeah but why are these people making such generic games? They deserve shooting if you ask me.

caid

2021 PS Plus games:

• GreedFall (January)
  • Maneater (January)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider (January)
  • Concrete Genie (February)
  • Control: Ultimate Edition (February)
  • Destruction AllStars (February)
  • Farpoint (March)
  • Final Fantasy 7 Remake (March)
  • Maquette (March)
  • Remnant: From the Ashes (March)
  • Days Gone (April)
  • Oddworld: Soulstorm (April)
  • Zombie Army 4: Dead War (April)
  • Battlefield V (May)
  • Stranded Deep (May)
  • Wreckfest (May)
  • Operation: Tango (June)
  • Star Wars: Squadrons (June)
  • Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown (June)
  • A Plague Tale: Innocence (July)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (July)
  • WWE 2K Battlegrounds (July)
  • Hunter's Arena: Legends (August)
  • Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville (August)
  • Tennis World Tour 2 (August)
  • Hitman 2 (September)
  • Overcooked! All You Can Eat (September)
  • Predator: Hunting Grounds (September)
  • Hell Let Loose (October)
  • Mortal Kombat X (October)
  • PGA Tour 2K21 (October)
  • First Class Trouble (November)
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (November)
  • Knockout City (November)
  • The Persistence (November)
  • The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners (November)
  • Until You Fall (November)
  • Godfall: Challenger Edition (December)
  • LEGO DC Super-Villains (December)
  • Mortal Shell (December)
Definitely started fairly well, but a massive drop off in the second half of the year. Though I'd expect that to be the norm now until Sony release more information on their plans to combine Plus/Now (that said January is pretty decent).

Remnant: From the Ashes the best game on that list for me, would highly recommend if you're into your Soulsbourne games (I do rate FF7 higher but played that at launch).
March is the only good month imo. Final Fantasy and Remnant were both good games and good choices for it. Locking people out of the Final Fantasy PS5 Upgrades and standalone dlc was annoying but they've fixed that now.
February was ok but buying Control costs about €15 on most platforms or for a physical copy. You've rented access to it for the same price on PS+ and theres no online features to take advantage of so its a bad deal overall.
Rest is crap, library filler that obscures games worth spending time on.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
That list isn't as bad as it's made out to be, some top titles in there, other ok ones you probably wouldn't spend a great deal on, others which are decent for being free for sure, and a few absolute scum titles which are crap even for free.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Plague Tale was pretty good in my opinion but Hugo's presence does give you the urge to try and kill him, which isn't a good thing to think about a 5 year old.

Bosws87

Similar to all these services be it netflix, prime, game pass or PS Plus old classics (which most people would of finished a long time ago) straight junk/trash so give them away for free and then the 1 or 2 top quality titles.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just getting my monthly "these games are shit" in early for Feb.

Ainu

Should be fine with Elden Ring & Horizon :cool:

Think you will get over this coming months.
Don't forget Dying Light 2 which is even closer, next Friday! Remains to be seen how good it actually is but the first game was loads of fun, especially in co-op.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Don't forget Dying Light 2 which is even closer, next Friday! Remains to be seen how good it actually is but the first game was loads of fun, especially in co-op.
Enjoyed the first one and hoping the second is good. Waiting on reviews.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Should be fine with Elden Ring & Horizon :cool:

Think you will get over this coming months.
Elden Ring is one of those really punishing games like Sekiro right? Not for me. Couldn't get into the first Horizon either :lol:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Elden Ring is apparently far more accessible than the other Soulsborne games so I'm interested. Supposedly it doesn't make you trawl through the same bit over and over again whenever a boss beats you, which is my biggest gripe with those.

Dying Light 2 is getting good feedback from previews and Horizon will be mint. Good month ahead.

Bosws87

Is Dying Light one of those cult games small hardcore following because when i played the original it was mediocre at best and most articles out there seem to agree.

Ainu

Is Dying Light one of those cult games small hardcore following because when i played the original it was mediocre at best and most articles out there seem to agree.
I would certainly not describe it as cult with a small, hardcore following, it's a mainstream game and I was always under the impression a lot of people loved it. I personally thought it was fantastic, but then I've always played it in co-op, which greatly enhances the experience. Looking at the metacritic score, it's lower than I would've expected but perhaps this is a case of the public appreciating it a lot more than the critics. The higher user score (8.0) seems to point in that direction.

According to the wiki, it was released in January 2015 and had already sold 5 million copies by August that same year. By late 2019, it's sales were up to 17 million. Clearly not a small, hardcore following, it was a massive commercial success.

b82REZ

Personally I found Dying Light really boring but I can see why it's popular.

It's the spiritual successor to Dead Island isn't it?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
In co op it was loads of fun - first person zombie bashing with crafted, heavily modded weapons and parkour. At night, having to get to a safe house whilst being chased by 28 days later steroid zombies with increasingly loud and amped music was good craic.

I hate things like dead island/rising but the traversal made Dying Light stand out

Bosws87

In co op it was loads of fun - first person zombie bashing with crafted, heavily modded weapons and parkour. At night, having to get to a safe house whilst being chased by 28 days later steroid zombies with increasingly loud and amped music was good craic.

I hate things like dead island/rising but the traversal made Dying Light stand out
Would make sense i'm nearly always playing games solo, crossplay has been a blessing my friends are all well and truly stuck in the console world, my fairly short experience of it was Mirrors edge with zombies

When i do try and branch out and play with others @esmufc07 disappears off the face of the earth. :D

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Would make sense i'm nearly always playing games solo, crossplay has been a blessing my friends are all well and truly stuck in the console world, my fairly short experience of it was Mirrors edge with zombies

When i do try and branch out and play with others @esmufc07 disappears off the face of the earth. :D
Yeah dying light was only fun on co op to be honest with you. Enjoyed shovelling zombies faces off their bodies too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Just getting my monthly "these games are shit" in early for Feb.
And it definitely will be too.

I tried Persona 5 strikers which I thought might be decent but the combat was awful. Base game was better in this regard and I don't even like turn based combat.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
UFC4 has been in Game Pass/EA Access for a while already. Planet Coaster is one of these games that you'd probably never play if they weren't free, but may actually be quite OK judging by the reviews. They need to change the format of this to GamePass like though, even without free exclusives/first party titles.

b82REZ

Always liked the look of Planet Coaster, not sure how well it'll translate to a controller though.

UFC should be a laugh. Used to like them back in the day.

Bosws87

UFC4 has been in Game Pass/EA Access for a while already. Planet Coaster is one of these games that you'd probably never play if they weren't free, but may actually be quite OK judging by the reviews. They need to change the format of this to GamePass like though, even without free exclusives/first party titles.
Its called Playstation Now, Sony are terrible at advertising that i wouldn't be surprised if theres a large portion of people with a PS5/4 who have no idea what playstation now is, contains or what it even does.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
They're clearly gearing up for their new all in one service. They'll just offer shite till that is sorted and announced officially so it will actually look way better value. It's pretty obvious at this point.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
PS+ = Xbox Live Gold
PS Now is the Game Passesque service. GTA Vice City Definitive Edition is supposed to be going to that in Feb