Gaming PlayStation Plus

kidbob

So been looking for something to play with a mate online, PS4 only so far. So we are looking for an offline two player story mode that we can play co-op, think of like an Army of 2 type thing. He's just suggested Payday 2, anyone know if it's good? Or is their any suggestions you can think of? Doesn't have to be shoot em up games but preferably something we can both pick up cheap enough.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
So been looking for something to play with a mate online, PS4 only so far. So we are looking for an offline two player story mode that we can play co-op, think of like an Army of 2 type thing. He's just suggested Payday 2, anyone know if it's good? Or is their any suggestions you can think of? Doesn't have to be shoot em up games but preferably something we can both pick up cheap enough.
Diablo III if you like the sort of game.

Payday 2 is good fun tbh, but isn't graphically great and is pretty shallow iirc, can get a good laugh out if it though.

I also don't mind the ghost recon games, think you can pick them up proper cheap aswell.

kidbob

Diablo III if you like the sort of game.

Payday 2 is good fun tbh, but isn't graphically great and is pretty shallow iirc, can get a good laugh out if it though.

I also don't mind the ghost recon games, think you can pick them up proper cheap aswell.
Sound mate, I'll take a look.

I'm going to get nostalgic here but he and I were just reminiscing about the 'Special Ops' in we think MW2, you could play it split screen 2 player. You had loads of different mission levels with 3 different difficulties Does anyone else remember? I'm not a huge gamer but that is the best craic I've ever had playing a game with a mate. I don't know about anyone else but I wish COD would bring that back as a two player offline option.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Sound mate, I'll take a look.

I'm going to get nostalgic here but he and I were just reminiscing about the 'Special Ops' in we think MW2, you could play it split screen 2 player. You had loads of different mission levels with 3 different difficulties Does anyone else remember? I'm not a huge gamer but that is the best craic I've ever had playing a game with a mate. I don't know about anyone else but I wish COD would bring that back as a two player offline option.
It's a shame MW2 on PS4 doesn't come with spec ops. That was the greatest part about that game, some of the latter ones were brutal, juggernaughts man! And that one with the house was class too :lol:

kidbob

It's a shame MW2 on PS4 doesn't come with spec ops. That was the greatest part about that game, some of the latter ones were brutal, juggernaughts man! And that one with the house was class too :lol:
:lol: Hell mate exactly what we were saying! I wish COD would bring stuff like that back every so often!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
:lol: Hell mate exactly what we were saying! I wish COD would bring stuff like that back every so often!
I've got it on Xbox one as it was one of their 360 games and that has spec ops still.

Absolutely amazing.

I want to play it again now. Trying to think of others just like it now but struggling.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Rubbish month. I'm not touching crap like Battlefield. Thankfully still have Days Gone and Frozen Wilds to play after Subnautica.

amolbhatia50k

I mean it's still better than Games with Gold.

We've got Lego Batman and Tropico 4
:lol: FFS why do these companies giving away mediocrity. People are paying good money for their subscription. One highly rated single player game is the least they can do

hobbers

Wreckfest is great. Moreso if you have 6 or 7 mates to play it with.

hobbers

Is it the same as destruction?
If you mean Destruction Allstars, thankfully it's nothing like that. No stupid gimmicks. The demolition derbies on Wreckfest are actual demolition derbies, not star-collecting platformers with cringeworthy characters.

The last man standing demo modes are good, and so is the standard racing. If you liked Motorstorm, or DiRT or GRID (the original ones, before Codies lost the plot), then you'd enjoy the racing on Wreckfest.

Ainu

Nothing really interesting for me. I might check out Star Wars Squadrons, since that's supposed to be fully playable in VR.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Interested to check out Star Wars Squadrons. But yeah, it's not a great month, to be honest.

Minkaro

I just finished Squadrons, and I’ve got no one to play Operation Tango with, so Virtua Fighter 5 had better be amazing.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can people with PS4 download operation tango for free?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
PS5 version only, but if you're planning on getting the PS5 at some point you can redeem it on the store online.
Thought I could play with my mate but doubt he’d get a PS5. Can you play couch co-op?

amolbhatia50k

Ah feck another crap month. First battlefield now star wars. Ps Plus has turned to shit. Give us one good single player game at least FFS not rubbish from EA

Minkaro

What’s operation tango? If it’s decent happy to join ya?
I’m probably going to force my brother to get it, but thanks for the offer. Forgot he has a ps5.

Some gameplay there. Reminds me a bit of Keep Talking and No One Explodes.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Operation Tango is good fun! Played through it with a mate last night.

Siorac

Ah feck another crap month. First battlefield now star wars. Ps Plus has turned to shit. Give us one good single player game at least FFS not rubbish from EA
Squadron's single player campaign is reasonably fun. I wouldn't pay money for it as the whole thing is, what, 5-7 hours but for 'free' it's worth a couple of evenings.

amolbhatia50k

Squadron's single player campaign is reasonably fun. I wouldn't pay money for it as the whole thing is, what, 5-7 hours but for 'free' it's worth a couple of evenings.
I like single player games I can dive deep into. EA games just don't do anything t for me. Gone for Sekiro to play after Days Gone

Siorac

I'm scared I'm going to get slaughtered by it. :lol:
Oh, you definitely will but that's part of the fun. You can't view death as a failure in these games. And I think Sekiro is the hardest FromSoft game because you can't grind souls, you can't get OP weapons (khm, Black Knight Halberd), you can't get OP spells.

Balljy

I loved a Plague Tale. Definitely worth a try if you haven't already played it.

amolbhatia50k

Wait so one good game and that's exclusively for the PS5? What a bizarre move given it originally launched on the Ps4. Morons.