Gaming PlayStation Plus

Smores

That's a cracking month of games. I kept putting off FF7 so I'm glad to get it free.

Ainu

The upgrade situation seems a bit weird. Since you can't purchase a game you've already redeemed from PS Plus, this could make things awkward. Maybe this edition of FFVII R will be a separate SKU or there will be an alternative upgrade path? Anyway, this is a surprisingly big and recent title to include in PS Plus, so I'm certainly not complaining.

Bojan11

The upgrade situation seems a bit weird. Since you can't purchase a game you've already redeemed from PS Plus, this could make things awkward. Maybe this edition of FFVII R will be a separate SKU or there will be an alternative upgrade path? Anyway, this is a surprisingly big and recent title to include in PS Plus, so I'm certainly not complaining.
The PS5 version will be separate, so you can purchase it.

Ainu

The PS5 version will be separate, so you can purchase it.
Yeah but you wouldn't be able to purchase the PS4 version, which also gives you a free upgrade to the PS5 version. So let's say it goes on sale later this year on PS4, but not on PS5. Redeeming it on PS Plus could theoretically lock you out of buying the reduced PS4 version to get the PS5 upgrade and force you to buy a full priced PS5 version instead.

Bojan11

Yeah but you wouldn't be able to purchase the PS4 version, which also gives you a free upgrade to the PS5 version. So let's say it goes on sale later this year on PS4, but not on PS5. Redeeming it on PS Plus could theoretically lock you out of buying the reduced PS4 version to get the PS5 upgrade and force you to buy a full priced PS5 version instead.
Mate, I am sure the PS5 version will be on sale later this year just like nearly every release is after a few months.

PS5 is a separate SKU. They already said that as it has the new DLC only on PS5 and separate trophy list.

You could just buy the game on another account or use the disc, if it's going for a low price on PS4. Why can't people be happy? One of the best games from last year is on PS PLUS and performance wise it was fine on the pro. Actually it will be better on PS5 because the console won't sound like a plane taking off.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Mate, I am sure the PS5 version will be on sale later this year just like nearly every release is after a few months.

PS5 is a separate SKU. They already said that as it has the new DLC only on PS5 and separate trophy list.

You could just buy the game on another account or use the disc, if it's going for a low price on PS4. Why can't people be happy? One of the best games from last year is on PS PLUS and performance wise it was fine on the pro. Actually it will be better on PS5 because the console won't sound like a plane taking off.
Great post.

Ainu

I'm delighted with the game on PS Plus, just thinking out loud. Well, not literally out loud.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
If someone can manage to find a PS4 internal harddrive that is no thicker than 9.5mm (I have an older build console, bought it on release day in 2013) and is between 500G - 2TB in a shop that's click and collect (i.e I can drive and get it today) then I will be forever grateful

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
How accessible is FF7? For someone who has never played a single second of a FF game nor know anything about them...

Bojan11

How accessible is FF7? For someone who has never played a single second of a FF game nor know anything about them...
I never played any of them and found it fun. Story didn't make a lot of sense, but this is the first chapter of possibly three games for the remake.

If you love RPGs then it's a great game especially party-based RPGs.

Smores

Did you play the original?
I'm not sure to be honest. I only really recall playing FFX but i feel like it's unlikely that i didn't play 7 or 8. If it came out post chipped playstations then i definitely will have.

We'll soon find out. I'm working through Days Gone right now another freebie and that's a great game.

JP77

Absolutely brilliant lineup, so happy I didn’t buy FF7 the other week. Have no issue with the PS5 upgrade stuff, it’s still the same game ffs bar looking and loading slightly better.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That seems hard to believe. Both FF7 and Remnant, whoah!

Remnant is supposed to be pretty good isn't it?
Supposed to be a first person soulslike game right? I've heard it's very good. And FF7 was probably going to be my next buy so this is excellent. Control and FF7 covered in two months.

Tiber

I havent played Final Fantasy since the PS1 game with a fat knight and the little guy in a hat, but I will give it a go

Balljy

If someone can manage to find a PS4 internal harddrive that is no thicker than 9.5mm (I have an older build console, bought it on release day in 2013) and is between 500G - 2TB in a shop that's click and collect (i.e I can drive and get it today) then I will be forever grateful
I think you can plug an internal SATA SSD in and you're more likely to use an SSD in the future too. You could get a lot of these click and collect until your local Sainsbury (with Argos inside) closes.

Results for 1TB internal hard drive in Technology, Computers, Computer components, Hard disk drive (argos.co.uk)

The Samsung ones are well under the width.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
I think you can plug an internal SATA SSD in and you're more likely to use an SSD in the future too. You could get a lot of these click and collect until your local Sainsbury (with Argos inside) closes.

Results for 1TB internal hard drive in Technology, Computers, Computer components, Hard disk drive (argos.co.uk)

The Samsung ones are well under the width.
Thanks mate. Ended up being able to turn on the PS4 so it wasn’t as urgent, but I’ll get one this weekend I think. When it comes to tech like this I am absolutely clueless so as long as it fits my PS4 then i trust you

Balljy

Thanks mate. Ended up being able to turn on the PS4 so it wasn’t as urgent, but I’ll get one this weekend I think. When it comes to tech like this I am absolutely clueless so as long as it fits my PS4 then i trust you
Anything will work as long as it fits and it's SATA. I'm not sure if PS4 comes with a cage for undersized drives though - that's the only thing to check in terms of it fitting.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Tried Greedfall but it felt like I was playing a PS3 game.

Will do this months games now.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Anything will work as long as it fits and it's SATA. I'm not sure if PS4 comes with a cage for undersized drives though - that's the only thing to check in terms of it fitting.
bought one which fit perfectly and is known to work for PS4 but it hasn’t fixed my problem ffs. PS4 still turns on, lights and sound come on with the blue light, but the screen is just blank with no signal. Used to get round it by starting in safe mode but I can’t even get it to do that now

I know you’re supposed to back up your data onto a USB when changing hard drives but since I couldn’t even turn mine on with the old hard drive then I couldn’t do that, so just took it out and switched it over.

any ideas, am I missing some steps?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’ve never heard of maquette and I’ve never played any final fantasy game.

its A whole new world for me.

Balljy

bought one which fit perfectly and is known to work for PS4 but it hasn’t fixed my problem ffs. PS4 still turns on, lights and sound come on with the blue light, but the screen is just blank with no signal. Used to get round it by starting in safe mode but I can’t even get it to do that now

I know you’re supposed to back up your data onto a USB when changing hard drives but since I couldn’t even turn mine on with the old hard drive then I couldn’t do that, so just took it out and switched it over.

any ideas, am I missing some steps?
You need to install the system software via USB if you haven't done that. You can download it from the PS website and then plug it into a USB port on the PS4 with the new HDD inside. It should then install from the USB onto the new drive. You may have a problem if you can't get into safe mode but try with the USB

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/hardware/ps4/system-software/

Also, I know it sounds stupid but unplug it and hold the power button for 30 seconds. It will probably beep a couple of times as the capacitors are drained and then plug it back in and turn it back on.