Gaming PlayStation Plus

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
You need to install the system software via USB if you haven't done that. You can download it from the PS website and then plug it into a USB port on the PS4 with the new HDD inside. It should then install from the USB onto the new drive. You may have a problem if you can't get into safe mode but try with the USB

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/hardware/ps4/system-software/

Also, I know it sounds stupid but unplug it and hold the power button for 30 seconds. It will probably beep a couple of times as the capacitors are drained and then plug it back in and turn it back on.
Thanks mate, will give it a go tomorrow

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
You need to install the system software via USB if you haven't done that. You can download it from the PS website and then plug it into a USB port on the PS4 with the new HDD inside. It should then install from the USB onto the new drive. You may have a problem if you can't get into safe mode but try with the USB

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/hardware/ps4/system-software/

Also, I know it sounds stupid but unplug it and hold the power button for 30 seconds. It will probably beep a couple of times as the capacitors are drained and then plug it back in and turn it back on.
Done all this but still won’t start in safe mode, or at all :(

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Just had an hour on Remnant, really liked what I saw/played. Anyone else tried it yet?
yes I like it too. Make sure you switch to the adventure mode if you get stuck in your main play through so you can get a load of upgrade mats.

it gave me a really hard boss in my main game and I just couldn’t beat him. Went to adventure mode, upgraded my armour and guns and then went back at just the right level to take him on. You can also do a quick play random matchmake and get some gear in someone else’s game

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
yes I like it too. Make sure you switch to the adventure mode if you get stuck in your main play through so you can get a load of upgrade mats.

it gave me a really hard boss in my main game and I just couldn’t beat him. Went to adventure mode, upgraded my armour and guns and then went back at just the right level to take him on. You can also do a quick play random matchmake and get some gear in someone else’s game
Ah thanks, I got to that first checkpoint where it explained adventure mode but just assumed it wasn’t that important but guessing it is?

Which class did you choose? I chose hunter, love picking the enemies off from a distance.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Ah thanks, I got to that first checkpoint where it explained adventure mode but just assumed it wasn’t that important but guessing it is?

Which class did you choose? I chose hunter, love picking the enemies off from a distance.
If you overlevel yourself before you spawn the next world, you basically make the game harder. So it's best not to overdo the grinding if you are finding it too hard.

Though it works both ways, if you are finding it pretty easy, then you can get the next world to spawn much harder for a challenge.

GaryLifo

I went for the mid range class with the hatchet. Looks like you can buy the other class weapons and abilities anyway though so only really matters at the start

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Can you play this Remnant game solo? Didn't know a great deal about it so I had a read-up on it and there's a lot of mention of Co-op, etc.

GaryLifo

I've sunk about 5 hours into FFVII remake. What an excellent experience so far. I played the original on PS1 back in the day but never finished it and honestly can't remember much more than riding some ostrich-like creatures at some stage and the turn-based combat

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So I started playing FF7 and Remnant at the same time and the latter was the one I was unsure whether I'd like. But surprisingly enough, Remnant is the one I've completed first and kept going back to, whereas FF7 I'm taking my time with and playing in short spurts.

Of course I have always the loved the Souls games. But I was sort of expecting a mix between Warframe and a Souls game, with somewhat jammy mechanics, and I was completely wrong. Yes, it's got procedural generates levels and hence lacks that handcrafted intricate design at times. Yes the bosses pale in comparison to the Souls games and can often be a spam fest of little bad dudes added to that one boss. And yes I actually finished the game eventually with the help of some dude who entered my play through allowing me to waltz through the last few bosses. But apart from that last phase when I was basically just getting done with it, I had an absolute blast. And it's because the shooting mechanics are simply fanatastic. I mean, I'm not even a real fan of FPS' and generally feel melee combat is where the 'feels' are. But with Doom which I played before this, and Remnant, it's brought back the joy of fire arm combat. That's what absolutely hooked me. Well done to the team, really enjoyed this.

For me this was the best non Souls Soulslike game I've played. Preferred it to Nioh.

GaryLifo

Not terrible either.

ZA4 is a fun game, Days Gone for those not on PS5 with the collection is a AAA title and the Abe game is brand new isn't it?