Gaming PlayStation Plus

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
But is there a setup where you're always in manual? That's what I want, not that mixed thing.
Not a clue mate, never even looked as I don't see a need for anything else. Auto for possession/one-twos, pull the trigger for anything more ambitious. Manual is pointless for the simple stuff, IMHO.
I can't believe this is only 50 quid a year, it's even more amazing when you own more than one of the devices.
It's ridiculous. I haven't actually bought a game for my PS4 since the week I got it.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Not a clue mate, never even looked as I don't see a need for anything else. Auto for possession/one-twos, pull the trigger for anything more ambitious. Manual is pointless for the simple stuff, IMHO.

It's ridiculous. I haven't actually bought a game for my PS4 since the week I got it.
Completely disagree, I play football games trying to simulate real football as much as I can (got an excellent partner for that, and find most manual players in friendly games lobby with the same attitude) and failing simple stuff is a common occurrence in football. In FIFA, it can only happen if you're playing manual. You try and be one of those cnuts that exchanges the ball in the defense for the whole game after going 1-0 up and you better be ready for an insane level of focus during the whole game, or else you'll miss a pass sooner or later, and it will bite you.

And even disregarding the missing aspect, I find most passes work better in manual for me after getting used to them. It's not about playing auto and overcoming it's limitations in the occasional hard-to-pull pass, it's about really enjoying manual, i.e., playing a simple ball into space with the short pass button instead of going to my team-mate's feet.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers

I can't believe I have only just gotten around to getting this! I downloaded Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2 over the weekend...and will be downloading Pro Evo, SLy Cooper and Hotline Miami on Wednesday.

Even just with that its unbelievable value - let alone taking into account 10 additional months worth of games!

It also encourages you to try games that would otherwise pass you by - which would be Borderlands 2 for me.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I can't believe I have only just gotten around to getting this! I downloaded Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2 over the weekend...and will be downloading Pro Evo, SLy Cooper and Hotline Miami on Wednesday.

Even just with that its unbelievable value - let alone taking into account 10 additional months worth of games!

It also encourages you to try games that would otherwise pass you by - which would be Borderlands 2 for me.
Absolutely! The amount of games that I normally wouldn't buy, downloaded on the PS+, and ended up loving is staggering. Borderlands 2 is one for me too. Not played it yet though, just have it cued up.

Shark

@NotShark
I must admit, as a PS4 owner and somebody that's never owned a PS3, I'm feeling a bit jealous at the moment. The PS4 will eventually take over, but right now, the PS3 is the better console IMO.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Cina

how is PES14 anyway? I was rather disappointed with FIFA 14.

Lance Uppercut

I own, and really enjoyed 13. Prefer it to FIFA. Yet to play 14, though I believe it garnered good reviews.

Lance Uppercut

Is Mercenary Kings decent? I am not a huge fan of retro games on supposedly 'next gen' consoles.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
how is PES14 anyway? I was rather disappointed with FIFA 14.
I own, and really enjoyed 13. Prefer it to FIFA. Yet to play 14, though I believe it garnered good reviews.
I loved 13, but thought 14 was a bit crap tbh, much prefer Fifa this year.

Absolutely worth a punt at the saucy price of €0.00, though, that's for sure.

Leg-End

If you have never played Hotline Miami, play it. Crank the volume and crack some heads.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I was doubtful of Mercenary Kings for this months free game.

I was wrong, I like it, it's good fun.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
@Arruda manual in PES is really loose if that makes sense. I'm still adjusting things.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Best month for + members. Can't wait to play Drive Club.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Was going to create a thread on PS+ yesterday. Received a nice mail from them yesterday, notifying us about a "small" price increase :lol:

Safe to say the prices for monthly and annual etc, has gone up by something stupid like 53% (didn't do the calc, just read it somewhere).

I've been on a month to month, but quickly scrambled to buy a annual subscription. Got it just in time.

Was it only the SA subscriptions that went up?

Mail:
Due to various market conditions, the price of your PlayStation Plus subscription is going to rise slightly. On 01/10/2014 the price of a 1 month subscription will rise from ZAR69.00 to ZAR99.00.
If your PlayStation Plus account is set to renew automatically you don’t need to do anything. You won’t begin paying the new rate immediately on 01/10/2014; instead you will start paying the new price from your first renewal date after 01/10/2014.
You can find instructions on how to check your renewal date how to manage automatic wallet funding and how to add/delete a credit or debit card in the links below.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was going to create a thread on PS+ yesterday. Received a nice mail from them yesterday, notifying us about a "small" price increase :lol:

Safe to say the prices for monthly and annual etc, has gone up by something stupid like 53% (didn't do the calc, just read it somewhere).

I've been on a month to month, but quickly scrambled to buy a annual subscription. Got it just in time.

Was it only the SA subscriptions that went up?

Mail:
Due to various market conditions, the price of your PlayStation Plus subscription is going to rise slightly. On 01/10/2014 the price of a 1 month subscription will rise from ZAR69.00 to ZAR99.00.
If your PlayStation Plus account is set to renew automatically you don’t need to do anything. You won’t begin paying the new rate immediately on 01/10/2014; instead you will start paying the new price from your first renewal date after 01/10/2014.
You can find instructions on how to check your renewal date how to manage automatic wallet funding and how to add/delete a credit or debit card in the links below.
Still the same price in the UK, unlucky mate!

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Still the same price in the UK, unlucky mate!
Yeah, not a worry though, it will only really cost me additionally next year November when I need to review :drool:

Still well worth it though. What would gaming be without being able to play online, anyway? Not to mention the various freebies.

Member 39557

Yeah, not a worry though, it will only really cost me additionally next year November when I need to review :drool:

Still well worth it though. What would gaming be without being able to play online, anyway? Not to mention the various freebies.
It's not free if you're paying a monthly subscription. Just saying :)

Ish

Lights on for Luke
]
Oh, in that case it's totally free then. I apologise ;)
I've actually only been a member since I got my PS4. Never had adsl at home when I had the PS3.

So i'm finding it worthwhile being a member. Though I haven't downloaded too many "free" games.

Probably 5 demos (FIFA 14 & 15, PES 15, UFC 15, NHL 15) and 5-6 games.

Member 39557

I've actually only been a member since I got my PS4. Never had adsl at home when I had the PS3.

So i'm finding it worthwhile being a member. Though I haven't downloaded too many "free" games.

Probably 5 demos (FIFA 14 & 15, PES 15, UFC 15, NHL 15) and 5-6 games.
Good luck to you. I refuse to pay it, as online on PS3 was free and they're just copying xbox because they can! I had a free trial for a month and downloaded a pixeljunk helicopter rescue game. You can download the demos without a subscription, as I downloaded the FIFA 15 one.

I may end up buying a 1 month subscription if Uncharted 4 has amazing online. Other than that, I'll just play online on the Wii-u.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Good luck to you. I refuse to pay it, as online on PS3 was free and they're just copying xbox because they can! I had a free trial for a month and downloaded a pixeljunk helicopter rescue game. You can download the demos without a subscription, as I downloaded the FIFA 15 one.

I may end up buying a 1 month subscription if Uncharted 4 has amazing online. Other than that, I'll just play online on the Wii-u.
It's not quite the same, is it?

I think PS+ is fantastic value - not all the free games are ones that I would necessarily choose to buy, but I have welcomed the chance to try them (and enjoyed games that I would not otherwise have even tried).

I also consider online to be an integral component of the PS4 and a lot of its games, so would feel that I wasn't getting the full benefit if I wasn't online.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
PS+ is fantastic, some of the indie games you're getting for free are true gems you wouldn't normally buy because they wouldn't appeal to you at first look. TxK and Joe Danger are amongst the most addictive games I've played on a Vita and I got them free, truth be told indies are what carries Vita and I got 80% of them through PS+. They're very, very cool.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I had PS+ for the Vita anyway, it's incredible value for money. I get way more than 50 bucks worth of games a month, never mind a year. I wanted to buy Rainbow Moon a bunch of times, but never pulled the trigger, and here it is, as was Dragons Crown! :drool:

Hopefully Batman for the Vita is in the near future.

Leg-End

It's great value, 24+ PS4 titles a year alone is great value putting aside the PS3/Vita stuff. Xbox Live absolutely paved the way for Sony to do this but this is the right way to do it and has forced Xbox to start a similar programme.

As we get a larger catalogue on the PS4 you absolutely will see AAA titles on it, its a matter of patience. More people should embrace the indies though.

Member 39557

It's not quite the same, is it?

I think PS+ is fantastic value - not all the free games are ones that I would necessarily choose to buy, but I have welcomed the chance to try them (and enjoyed games that I would not otherwise have even tried).

I also consider online to be an integral component of the PS4 and a lot of its games, so would feel that I wasn't getting the full benefit if I wasn't online.
I wouldn't know, as I've not played online with PS4. I played Ps3 online on the likes of Killzone2 and 3, Fifa and a few other games. Not something I'd pay for though to be honest.

Maybe something that was fully immersive that all my friends were playing long-term would tempt me?

As for the "free" games. I've always been of the opinion that if the game was good enough, I'd have purchased it already.
This discussion has been had many times before, and I realise I'm in the minority but all the gaming community is doing is preparing itself to be shot in the foot by the publishing houses. We have subscriptions for TV, Subscriptions for movies, subscriptions for xbox/ps4 online and it'll eventually be subscriptions for different games publishers.

Leg-End

I wouldn't know, as I've not played online with PS4. I played Ps3 online on the likes of Killzone2 and 3, Fifa and a few other games. Not something I'd pay for though to be honest.

Maybe something that was fully immersive that all my friends were playing long-term would tempt me?

As for the "free" games. I've always been of the opinion that if the game was good enough, I'd have purchased it already.
This discussion has been had many times before, and I realise I'm in the minority but all the gaming community is doing is preparing itself to be shot in the foot by the publishing houses. We have subscriptions for TV, Subscriptions for movies, subscriptions for xbox/ps4 online and it'll eventually be subscriptions for different games publishers.
It's already here, EA Access.