Gaming PlayStation Plus

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ignore me, I think I’ve found it now.
Was gonna say... It looks a hell of a lot better. I dont know what it is exactly but environments and faces look a lot more realistic. It's making me want to get a 4k TV... Like, finally.

Minkaro

Played a bit of Control, just done the first boss. I'm getting some real SCP vibes from this game. Concrete Genie is good too, as a light relief type of game. If you like trophies it's a good one, I've picked up 33 today on it.

Destruction Allstars is a no from me. I tried it again, and it's just not appealing to me. I might just be bad at the game (but I'm bad at all games, so that's probably not it), but the vehicle combat is annoying because I'll get the first hit in on somebody, then I can never get round to them again in time to actually get the KO. And the on foot stuff seems like an annoying distraction.

Also, why do all these Battle Royale type games have really similar characters? I downloaded Rocket Arena when that was out, and you could easily swap any of the characters from the two games around, and I'd never be able to tell.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Hello again! The past 12 months haven’t been easy. And I think we’re all hopeful that we may be starting to see some flickers of light at the end of this long COVID-19 tunnel thanks to the tireless work of the medical community and people around the world.

In these historic times, the team at PlayStation wanted to thank the community by giving something back. These days, we could all use something to look forward to and another reason to stay safely socially distanced, so we are happy to be able to offer a free selection of great games and some entertainment offers.

Last April, we launched the Play At Home initiative, offering up two incredible PlayStation games for free: Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey*. I like to think they helped make the year just a little bit easier.

This year, we wanted to go further. So we’ve designed a series of free games and entertainment offers for our PlayStation community to make the next few months a little more fun and enjoyable.

This year’s Play at Home initiative is kicking off in March and extending through June.

Starting March 1, 2021

• PlayStation and Insomniac Games will make Ratchet & Clank PS4 available for free download for a limited time through PlayStation Store from March 1 at 8pm PST / March 2 at 4am GMT / 5am CET to March 31, 2021 at 8pm PDT* / April 1 at 4am BST / 5am CEST.
  • Once you redeem the game, it will be yours to keep. This 2016 PS4 action-adventure hit from Insomniac Games revisits the origin stories of these beloved PlayStation heroes and features a great mix of outrageous combat and comedy.
Starting March 25, 2021

• Our friends at Funimation (a joint venture of Sony Pictures Entertainment and Aniplex of Japan) are kicking in a very special offer: extended access for new subscribers to Funimation or Wakanim in the countries they are available **. Funimation is an anime-focused subscription service and Wakanim is Funimation’s European division. While there will be additional details to follow, this offer is only available to our community who sign up for and download the Funimation (in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand) or Wakanim apps (in most of Western and Northern Europe) starting on March 25 for a limited time.
What we outlined today is just the beginning of what’s in store for Play At Home. In the coming weeks, we’ll share more details on free games and entertainment offers dropping for our PlayStation community.

I think we’ve got a great mix of games and entertainment offers lined up, and I hope this news made your day just a little bit brighter. We consider ourselves privileged to bring you this entertainment, and we are very grateful to be a part of your lives.

Thanks for playing.
play-at-home-returns-four-months-of-offers-for-playstation-games-and-entertainment-begin-march-1

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
PlayStation and Insomniac Games will make Ratchet & Clank PS4 available for free download for a limited time through PlayStation Store from March 1 at 8pm PST / March 2 at 4am GMT / 5am CET to March 31, 2021 at 8pm PDT* / April 1 at 4am BST / 5am CEST.

Wow. I can't think why they'd be doing that :wenger:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Thank you for sharing, but you were hours late. I saw it on resetera, so you need to improve and Ratchet is on psplus collection. I didn't think it was newsworthy to post, but glad you picking up the leftovers. You are very good at that.
How did I not know it was already on the ps plus collection! :lol: glad I know now anyway.

acnumber9

They’re giving away Ratchet and Clank, which is on the PS Plus Collection, and has already been given out free to PS Plus members before. Generous bastards!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Same here but looks like it probably will be. Would be a killer game to have on the service. What's the biggest third-party game Live Gold has had since the new consoles were out?
Resident Evil?

Ive heard Godfall mentioned, wouldn’t mind that even though the game does seem average.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Still no update, perhaps they’ll announce it tomorrow with the State of Play?
They did that the last time they had a State of Play, didn't they? Delay the announcement until then. Maybe they'll throw in a little extra on top

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Easy solution here, never buy any games and you'll be sure that every psplus game will be one you don't already own.

You're welcome

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Rumour that it will be Shadow of the Colossus and Sonic Forces.

Underwhelming.

Raw

Quite surprising. Though important to note for PS5 owners that it is not eligible for the free PS5 upgrade.

Bojan11

On a serious note, resetera thread is full of moaning because they can't get the free PS5 upgrade. Rather than praising Sony for putting one of the best games from last year on PS plus. They could have put some old game rather than FF7.

I get the free upgrade anyway and have Remnant on a better console @esmufc07.

b82REZ

They've knocked out of the park the last couple of months. Control and FF7 are both relatively new and highly rated. So glad I held off grabbing FF on Black Friday.