Gaming PlayStation Plus

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
They've been stepping the quality up in these the last couple of months, it's a shame I don't have a PS5 yet just to claim some of these. Control is part of game pass so I don't see me bothering downloading that but it's a pretty big and recent game to be on there and I've been tempted by Concrete Genie so will definitely give that a shot (and an easy plat...)

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
They've been stepping the quality up in these the last couple of months, it's a shame I don't have a PS5 yet just to claim some of these. Control is part of game pass so I don't see me bothering downloading that but it's a pretty big and recent game to be on there and I've been tempted by Concrete Genie so will definitely give that a shot (and an easy plat...)
The Control that Game Pass has is the standard edition so doesn't have the DLC etc.

Turnip

The Control that Game Pass has is the standard edition so doesn't have the DLC etc.
I didn't realise that, thanks for pointing out. Is the DLC worth bothering with?

Turnip

Yeah they are decent, if you like the game you'll like them. I'm not a huge fan of the Alan Wake tie in though, as I really don't think they do it justice (I don't think they know what to do with Wake now tbh).
Huh, I didn't even know this game was related to Alan Wake at all, sounds interesting. Now I'm going to have to think which platform I'm going to play it on.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Huh, I didn't even know this game was related to Alan Wake at all, sounds interesting. Now I'm going to have to think which platform I'm going to play it on.
They've tied the world in. I'm not personally a fan of it at all, but it doesn't diminish the game itself.

Surely the platform is a no brainer? Why would you choose the one with less content?

Turnip

They've tied the world in. I'm not personally a fan of it at all, but it doesn't diminish the game itself.

Surely the platform is a no brainer? Why would you choose the one with less content?
I think the success of the MCU films has everyone trying to do the same thing when it doesn't always add to the quality.

I know I'm saying this in a Playstation thread, but I generally prefer to play most games on a PC other than specific games/genres.

Redlambs

I think the success of the MCU films has everyone trying to do the same thing when it doesn't always add to the quality.

I know I'm saying this in a Playstation thread, but I generally prefer to play most games on a PC other than specific games/genres.
Oh yeah, on PC mouse aim really improves the game. I thought you were talking Xbox.

Also if you have an 30xx the raytracing is very well implemented.

Adamsk7

Oh yeah, on PC mouse aim really improves the game. I thought you were talking Xbox.

Also if you have an 30xx the raytracing is very well implemented.
It really is. Playing it on PC at the moment and it’s some of the best implementation of RT I’ve seen. Worth noting for those thinking of playing the Game Pass version, only Ultimate Edition will have RT support on consoles (as far as I know).

Ainu

Never understood why Alan Wake is so highly rated. Forgettable story and characters set in a mediocre game. Great atmosphere but that's about it for me. It's a complete mystery why it has such a cult following. Control is the better game for me, and even that is just decent. I always get the feeling Remedy Entertainment are still living off the first two Max Payne games and they've been a distinctly average studio ever since.

Redlambs

It really is. Playing it on PC at the moment and it’s some of the best implementation of RT I’ve seen. Worth noting for those thinking of playing the Game Pass version, only Ultimate Edition will have RT support on consoles (as far as I know).
And even then not full raytracing.

But yeah it looks fantastic with it on. Quake 2 looks outstanding too, I love the RTX edition.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Anyone keen for a cafe game of destruction all stars in the coming days?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nice. Control ultimate edition seems a good game to get via PS plus unless it's as crap as people here think it is.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
I think its a mixed reception from most. It was very mediocre for me though. But its on ps plus so certainyl give it a shot
It's a game about painting so I'm not expecting much from that one.
Cheers!

Should be good for my niece to play. Though see prefers watching me kill monsters in Bloodborne. whenever she comes over :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just gave DAS a go. It’s good fun!

My team won and I was the top player but I also gave away the most points :lol:

Hard to adjust to not using the right stick to turn whilst in the car

evil_geko

Never understood why Alan Wake is so highly rated. Forgettable story and characters set in a mediocre game. Great atmosphere but that's about it for me. It's a complete mystery why it has such a cult following. Control is the better game for me, and even that is just decent. I always get the feeling Remedy Entertainment are still living off the first two Max Payne games and they've been a distinctly average studio ever since.
Each to its own, I played several times through Alan Wake, Control bored me very fast, tried to like it several times, couldn't.

Would love new Alan Wake.

acnumber9

Am I missing something obvious with this Control Ultimate Edition? Is there not supposed to be a PS5 upgrade? I can only see a PS4 version and it looks mediocre.