Gaming PlayStation Plus

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I couldn't get into it and know loads who loved Shadow of Mordor have the same issue. I'm not sure why, cause it is basically just bigger and better in every way. But for some reason I wasn't as engaged.

Might go back to it.
Might be good for someone like me who never played the original.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Might be good for someone like me who never played the original.
I expect so. The 1st is a great game and seemingly the 2nd is too. Maybe it just lost some charm or the novelty of the nemesis system wasnt there as I'd played the first.

It may have just been Unisoft/open world fatigue to be honest.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I expect so. The 1st is a great game and seemingly the 2nd is too. Maybe it just lost some charm or the novelty of the nemesis system wasnt there as I'd played the first.

It may have just been Unisoft/open world fatigue to be honest.
I generally dislike Ubisoft games so I'm guessing it's one I'll play 1/3rd of before getting bored.

GBBQ

PS4: Middle-earth: Shadow of War and Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition
PS5: Bugsnax
So i guess that is confirming that a PS+ subscription will be valid for PS4 & 5 (rather than a separate subscription for each console).

GBBQ

Was always going to be the case - like with PS3, PSVita and PS4.
Ah right. I had let my PS plus lapse last year so wasn’t sure if I’d end up double paying and a few of the comments online were that it wasn’t confirmed. May as well restart it now so!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Perfect month for me finally, should see me through to the PS5 (if mine arrives at launch).

Tiber

Interesting note from Eurogamer re. Bugsnax:

you'll have from the day the PS5 launches in your particular region until 1st April 2021 to claim your Bugsnax PS5 copy, which means anyone getting a console at Christmas won't be left out.

AaronRedDevil

Quick question. Does anyone know that, if you get the DLC included in the Shadow of War ps plus? The expansion pass is on sale right now for 10 quid and I don’t want to end up spending if it’s going to be free next week. Seems like a great deal.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Quick question. Does anyone know that, if you get the DLC included in the Shadow of War ps plus? The expansion pass is on sale right now for 10 quid and I don’t want to end up spending if it’s going to be free next week. Seems like a great deal.
I would say not. Often these types of games going on PS-Plus are, I presume, hoping you will like the game enough to invest in the expansions. I cannot say for sure they won't be included, but I'd be very surprised if they were.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just tried Hollow Knight and found it really boring. I’m sure it adds more mechanics but didn’t really see the point. Not my kind of game.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Enjoying Shadow of War though for what it is. I despise games that have holding X to sprint though because you can’t easily pan the camera as you do it. Should always be clicking the left stick in.

Combat also feels very basic and clunky compared to nowadays but still enjoyable. The nemesis system if expanded on could be even more brilliant.

Woodzy

Ni No Kuni II is on offer for £7.59 (£9.99 if you're not PS Plus) - What's it like?
Heard good things, at least about the first one.

I've bought this anyway, even though I might not ever play it, because the price seems like a steal.

Last edited:

Ainu

I found Ni No Kuni II extremely disappointing after loving the first game. It lacks all of the first game's charm for me, the world feels more generic and the combat is terrible. Where the first game has that typical Studio Ghibli childlike wonder, the writing in the second is just plain childish. It also has kingdom building which plays exactly like a typical mobile game and a bunch of pointless skirmishes tacked on.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I found Ni No Kuni II extremely disappointing after loving the first game. It lacks all of the first game's charm for me, the world feels more generic and the combat is terrible. Where the first game has that typical Studio Ghibli childlike wonder, the writing in the second is just plain childish. It also has kingdom building which plays exactly like a typical mobile game and a bunch of pointless skirmishes tacked on.
Yeah I agree, the second was proper shite. No idea why they didn't just stick with the same formula as the first.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Ni Nu Kuni II is also extremely easy even on the highest difficulties, the game is just a mess.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Oh whoops I thought that said the first game not the second. Yeah don't bother. Definitely play the first though if you can get it fairly cheap.

Ainu

Oh whoops I thought that said the first game not the second. Yeah don't bother. Definitely play the first though if you can get it fairly cheap.
I thought it was weird how you said it plays like a Studio Ghibli game, which is only true for the first game. Makes sense now.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Agree about endings. It's a downfall of a lot of these types of games.

Great game though.

Please tell me you used a controller
Also I just realised it wasn’t Hollow Knight I played it was Limbo :lol: I get confused easy.

Finished Alien so going to do Hollow Knight next, probably be my last game on PS4.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Also I just realised it wasn’t Hollow Knight I played it was Limbo :lol: I get confused easy.

Finished Alien so going to do Hollow Knight next, probably be my last game on PS4.
you dick I downloaded Hollow Knight because of your post and thought it was crap.

izzydiggler

found it proper boring
Not all games are for everyone but how long did you play it for? I’m a big metroidvania fan, so perhaps biased but the whole package - artwork, audio, game world design are just perfect IMO. Quite a challenge though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not all games are for everyone but how long did you play it for? I’m a big metroidvania fan, so perhaps biased but the whole package - artwork, audio, game world design are just perfect IMO. Quite a challenge though.
About 20 mins so not that long but I wasn’t really a fan of the setting or mechanics. It’s not typically my kind of game tbh but Elvis said it was good, not realising he meant Limbo.