Gaming PlayStation Plus

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Mafia not good? Can remember a lot of people on here looking forward to it's release at the time.
I remember trying to play one of them and the car at the start felt like I was driving a tank. Was like someone had ported a GTA mobile game onto a console.

Smores

I remember trying to play one of them and the car at the start felt like I was driving a tank. Was like someone had ported a GTA mobile game onto a console.
Yeah had the terrible on rails feel to the cars. From memory it was a decent game apart from that and you kinda got used to them anyway.

Ainu

Not really interested in Mafia but delighted that OlliOlli World is in there. Maybe people forgot about it because Roll7 would go on to release Rollerdrome later in the year, but it's actually a 2022 title as well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Mafia not good? Can remember a lot of people on here looking forward to it's release at the time.
It's very good. 30fps is the only issue. And the fact that it's already on PS Plus Premium!

But it's a really strong month for Essential. Oli Oli is supposed to be great. Looking forward to playing that.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Just a reminder of the games we won't be able to access for free after May 9th

PlayStation Worldwide Studios:
  • Bloodborne
  • Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • God of War
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Until Dawn
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
Third-party games:
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Battlefield 1
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Zombies Chronicles Edition
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
  • Monster Hunter: World
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Resident Evil 7 biohazard

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

• Bloodborne
  • Days Gone
  • God of War
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • The Last Guardian
  • Until Dawn
Third-party games:
  • Battlefield 1
  • Fallout 4
  • Mortal Kombat X
You can still access them if you’ve redeemed them. Just after 9 May you won’t be able to access them if you haven’t. Prat.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If you're going to let people download and have access to them always why not just keep them up?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
If you're going to let people download and have access to them always why not just keep them up?
Persona 5 was able to be downloaded and still had access when it was removed. The contract for that ended and wasn't renewed, probably because of them doing the releases of the Persona games on all platforms.

I'd guess the third party games were about to end and at least three of them were unlikely to be renewed given the situations with their publishers.

amolbhatia50k

• Bloodborne
  • Days Gone
  • God of War
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • The Last Guardian
  • Until Dawn
Third-party games:
  • Battlefield 1
  • Fallout 4
  • Mortal Kombat X
Pretty much nothing there on my to do list. Possibly FFV but it doesn’t seem very good.

amolbhatia50k

It's okay but not anywhere near as good as the other FFs.
I’m not a FF person so I’ll probably hate it anyway. I’m not interested in what new games they add rather than ancient games (which have been on the service for ages) leaving.

AaronRedDevil

Scarlett Nexus is fecking great if ye haven't played it. Its a bit overwhelming at the start but you'll get used to all the powers. 2 separate stories that link up half way through. Then after that it's very identical, that my only criticism of the game. I'd definitely recommend it.

Balljy

Forbidden West is a year after release, that's not a bad way to do it if they keep to that schedule for major first party games.

Ainu

Hang on a minute, it says Premium for Horizon: Forbidden West. That seems suspicious. Premium isn't used for PS5 games, only PS3 and older. Newer stuff on Premium is usually a trial version. If they're changing their strategy of which type of games goes into which tier, that would not be a good evolution, to be honest.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I think I need to stop buying Sony exclusives at launch if they just put them on PS Plus less than a year later anyway.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think I need to stop buying Sony exclusives at launch if they just put them on PS Plus less than a year later anyway.
I'm waiting for The Quarry to go on, but not sure if it will.

One of those games I'd be interested in playing but only once and only if I pay nothing.

AaronRedDevil

Sifu is only about a year old, Kena not quite 18 months and both are third party titles, it's not that strange that they aren't on there (yet).
So is HFW. Like a Dragon Judgement and a few more came out just before a year of there release. They've been on sale so many times by now it should be on ps plus at this point. Hopefully in a few months they'll be on there. I'm not buying them because when I do . They WILL be on ps plus. I'm not getting burned again hah.

Ainu

So is HFW. Like a Dragon Judgement and a few more came out just before a year of there release. They've been on sale so many times by now it should be on ps plus at this point. Hopefully in a few months they'll be on there. I'm not buying them because when I do . They WILL be on ps plus. I'm not getting burned again hah.
HFW is first party, not third, so the same rules don't apply. Regardless, it's not like there's one hard rule for everything, Sackboy: A Big Adventure is a first party title that's over 2 years old and has never appeared on the service. There's absolutely no reason to think each and every game will appear on the service at some point, plenty of them never will.

And I'm still not convinced that HFW news is real, because it doesn't match the current tier strategy.

Drawfull

I'm waiting for The Quarry to go on, but not sure if it will.

One of those games I'd be interested in playing but only once and only if I pay nothing.
It's definitely worth a play if you like their other stuff, although it's even more of a movie in some ways and it's half price right now (I know that's more than nothing), but if you're the kind of person that wants all the trophies I think 3 full plays minimum are needed.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Hang on a minute, it says Premium for Horizon: Forbidden West. That seems suspicious. Premium isn't used for PS5 games, only PS3 and older. Newer stuff on Premium is usually a trial version. If they're changing their strategy of which type of games goes into which tier, that would not be a good evolution, to be honest.
They will be wanting to attract more people into paying for Premium – as it stands there is not any real incentive ti do so at the moment (unless you like the back catalogue).