Gaming Playstation VR2 | 22nd Feb 2024: Testing compatibility with PC, hoping to release in 2024

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Finally getting Minecraft.

I can't wait to spend 2 weeks building an underground train system once again :lol:
My kids will love it. Never played it myself... Got my eye on Dreams but haven't had the time to get stuck in.

Ainu

Bosws87

That's a huge, huge disappointment. As a PSVR owner, I don't see myself investing in any future VR technology that's still wired.
Wireless VR, thats only a thing on quest because the games are run on the headset itself low resolution not great quality.

You can't expect decent fully fledged games to be on a wireless VR headset the power needed to create these games is a lot.

Edit: I see HTC have a wireless adaptor but its around £300 so it doesnt make sense to have that on a console version.

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Love that! Never had a VR headset so I’ll absolutely get involved now.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Using a single chord is a big positive because the sheer number of wires involved on the current one is ridiculous. One of the main reasons why I very rarely play it, despite thinking it's a great piece of tech.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
One wire is still an improvement over the current setup - and release will be over a year away (like 18 months) so things could still change. Biggest thing will be the change in tracking and controller.

Announcement now is probably because the devkits are coming out soon, like with the PS5 Devkits and that Wired article announcing the PS5 in 2019.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Wireless VR, thats only a thing on quest because the games are run on the headset itself low resolution not great quality.

You can't expect decent fully fledged games to be on a wireless VR headset the power needed to create these games is a lot.

Edit: I see HTC have a wireless adaptor but its around £300 so it doesnt make sense to have that on a console version.
Quest 2 is great espcially when you play games running on Steam on the pc with it.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Wow lots to announce then! That’s great, I’m absolutely getting the next VR headset.

afrocentricity

Woah you can play Doom 3 on PS5? That's radical.
Yeah... See there's this thing called virtual reality. XBox will probably implement their support at some point this gen. Once that happens I predict every last one of you will be changing your tune....

But until then I'll take any VR opinions from y'all with a handful of salt. The saltiest salt...

Or you could have gone with a true jibe about the gamepass and old games...

Last edited:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yeah... See there's this thing called virtual reality. XBox will probably implement their support at some point this gen. Once that happens I predict every last one of you will be changing your tune....

But until then I'll take any VR opinions from y'all with a handful of salt. The saltiest salt...
Or you could have gone with a true jibe about the gamepass and old games...

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Doubt that. I think Microsoft still have nightmares about Kinect :nervous:

Who's team am I on anymore.

stepic

anyone watched any football with the sky worlds vr? how many do they show and what are they like? i think it's still in beta at the moment.

Ainu

Looks like an excellent, modern VR controller, clearly a huge upgrade over the rudimentary move controllers. Having finger touch detection as a feature is great and opens up a lot of options. Short of having a glove with full finger tracking, this is pretty much everything we could hope for.

Bosws87

Hope they port Half Life Alyx to it, that game deserves to be experienced by everyone.

afrocentricity

Walking Dead here I come :drool: in like three months when the adaptor finally arrives
Took long enough! Also play Blood and Truth, No Man Sky, Hitman, Farpoint and Star Wars Squadrons as they've had PS5 boosts and a few look like PCVR :drool: