Gaming Playstation VR2 | 22nd Feb 2024: Testing compatibility with PC, hoping to release in 2024

Drawfull

I'm worried about the eye tracking/foveated rendering, especially having watched that GT7 hands on. Is there anything out there yet that explains how it works or if eye tracking can be turned off?

For context, I'm blind in one eye and over the years it's got more and more out of line with the one that works. It's not massively cross-eyed, but it's definitely not the same either.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm worried about the eye tracking/foveated rendering, especially having watched that GT7 hands on. Is there anything out there yet that explains how it works or if eye tracking can be turned off?

For context, I'm blind in one eye and over the years it's got more and more out of line with the one that works. It's not massively cross-eyed, but it's definitely not the same either.
Your experience should be similar to how you experience life day to day. If you think about it, you will interpret what is presented to you in the way that you normally would.

Drawfull

Your experience should be similar to how you experience life day to day. If you think about it, you will interpret what is presented to you in the way that you normally would.
I use VR a lot without issue (I wasn't born blind, and know how big stuff is so it works for me), I'm just bothered the eye tracking might get in a pickle if both eyes are looking in different places. Do you think it'll be OK? How accurate is it?

afrocentricity

I use VR a lot without issue (I wasn't born blind, and know how big stuff is so it works for me), I'm just bothered the eye tracking might get in a pickle if both eyes are looking in different places. Do you think it'll be OK? How accurate is it?
It is positioning the area with the highest detail in front of your pupil/fovea, which you will interpret in your normal way. It will be fine

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Have to admit, that video gave me fomo for the first time about VR.

crossy1686

career ending
Have to admit, that video gave me fomo for the first time about VR.
Maybe not a PSVR2 but I'm definitely getting one this year after waiting on them for a few years. A few months back I want to one of those indoor, warehouse VR events where you and some mates get swarmed by zombies. Completely sold me on VR as a concept at that point.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
We should be getting some impressions of this tomorrow. Let's hope it's not shite!

afrocentricity

Not long to go now fellow sonygamers
Gotta be inclusive mate, XBox and Nintendo people are welcome if they have the cash! I reckon it will get good reviews but I'm not sure how it translates to sales.

Do I care? Nope I cant fecking wait!

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Gotta be inclusive mate, XBox and Nintendo people are welcome if they have the cash! I reckon it will get good reviews but I'm not sure how it translates to sales.

Do I care? Nope I cant fecking wait!
Good to hear. I have a very strong feeling my dad is going to pick one up so no doubt I'll get a chance to try it at some point. I did like the original PSVR, minus the annoying wires, and this sounds like a huge upgrade.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Looks promising although i usually find myself quickly bored with vr games , alyx was cool though.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
You'd still need the scratch for a headset on top! The more the merrier, come along for the ride :cool:
You also need to buy a PS5 + headset.

But anyway, no point preaching to the choir mate ;)

Looks promising although i usually find myself quickly bored with vr games , alyx was cool though.
Fair point. There's a lot VR still needs to do to win people over in that regard.

The PSVR2 has a lot to deal with at the moment. Price, cable, and most important of it all content.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
You also need to buy a PS5 + headset.

But anyway, no point preaching to the choir mate ;)

Fair point. There's a lot VR still needs to do to win people over in that regard.

The PSVR2 has a lot to deal with at the moment. Price, cable, and most important of it all content.
I'm still not convinced as to the feasibility of VR to be anything more than a gimmick to diversify your gaming routine but I'm sure there are a lot of very creative people out there working to change that so we'll see.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Well this is super, but thanks :(
Yeah but whether or not it’s worth spunking out for a new wheel just to feel rumble strips is another matter though.

Tbh, until I started messing about with settings I was initially underwhelmed with mine.

What i noticed about using a wheel is how intuitive it is. Immediately cuts down on inconsistency of lap times.

afrocentricity

Yeah but whether or not it’s worth spunking out for a new wheel just to feel rumble strips is another matter though.

Tbh, until I started messing about with settings I was initially underwhelmed with mine.

What i noticed about using a wheel is how intuitive it is. Immediately cuts down on inconsistency of lap times.
I love it mate, been using wheels for over a decade. Currently got the t150 and it's fine tbh!

Drawfull

Absolutely, and the first time I went from pad to wheel speeds increased massively. Being able to look into the corners is a massive help in VR too of course, but its importance is magnified by using a wheel.

I probably won't buy a new one (so, in two more posts I will have because I'm a hopeless consumer).

@afrocentricity are you getting proper FFB on the T150?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Absolutely, and the first time I went from pad to wheel speeds increased massively. Being able to look into the corners is a massive help in VR too of course, but its importance is magnified by using a wheel.

I probably won't buy a new one (so, in two more posts I will have because I'm a hopeless consumer).

@afrocentricity are you getting proper FFB on the T150?
What I found amazing is that taking a Honda Civic Type R round Suzuka using the wheel and pedals setup is incredibly accurate. I have one in real life and flinging it around was so intuitive and lifelike. Genuinely the same liberties can be taken with the virtual version as the real one. GT7 is very lifelike.

afrocentricity

I think so @Drawfull
The T150 features a 1080° force feedback base with Immersion TouchSense Technology, which lets you feel every detail while you're driving, such as the road or track's relief, loss of tire grip, braking, bumps, and impacts.

What I found amazing is that taking a Honda Civic Type R round Suzuka using the wheel and pedals setup is incredibly accurate. I have one in real life and flinging it around was so intuitive and lifelike. Genuinely the same liberties can be taken with the virtual version as the real one. GT7 is very lifelike.
:drool: