PL's most overrated and underrated player resp.

Trizy

Anyone who says Kante is overrated needs shooting.
Thank god you're not in control of a country, freedom of speech or opinions would carry a death sentence :lol:.

He's main game is based around being a ball winner. He has games now and then where he's passing is very good and burst forwards with the ball from deep. ''Now and then'' being the key words. He's not consistent enough to be considered world class or even near it for me. The love-in is baffling.

luke511

My way of judging overrated is slightly different ...

Overrated:

salah, he has been exceptional this year but the way people carry on is like he is Messi. He needs a few more years of the same to even be considered to be rated in that bracket.

Pogba, he has had his critics and rightly so. There is this huge theory that he is world class but for me he has not shown that one bit in his 2 years here. Lacks consistency, goes missing in games and when he can't be bothered it shows.

Underrated:

Zaha, carried palace for couple years now. When he runs at defenders I stand up. Not in the England fold yet and should be at a top side.

Dembele, i regret not getting this guy a few years ago. Consistently anchors that midfield woth technical ability and physicality.
Pogba isn't overrated, he gets a lot of shit, sometimes far more than is just.

luke511

Goalkeeper edition -

Overrated - Pickford
Underrated - Nick Pope

MrBest

Pogba isn't overrated, he gets a lot of shit, sometimes far more than is just.
I think he is a good player don't get me wrong but the way people carry on is like he is the best in the world. When he is in the mood let it be half a game or a full game he is great but he lacks the consistency to be labelled world class. Me thinking he is overrated is saying he is not world class, just a very good player.

UpWithRivers

Overrated: lindgard, matic
Underated: young, Valencia

Lindgard and matic are very good players but they arnt as good as people make out and vice versa for young and Valencia. They are solid pros and very few rb and lb out there are better.

Apocalypse

Supports
Chelsea
Thank god you're not in control of a country, freedom of speech or opinions would carry a death sentence :lol:.

He's main game is based around being a ball winner. He has games now and then where he's passing is very good and burst forwards with the ball from deep. ''Now and then'' being the key words. He's not consistent enough to be considered world class or even near it for me. The love-in is baffling.
He's been consistent ever since he joined the league, first with Leicester and now with us. We'd be even further down the table if he wasn't in our side.

I don't mind people saying our players are overrated, Hazard included, there's a mass load of hype over Eden and despite his brilliance on his day consistency can be an issue for him... but Kante most certainly is not overrated. As far as i'm concerned he's already surpassed Makelele. He's absolute gem of a player.

I'll be absolutely gutted if he leaves us, he showed Matic up last season and he's now doing a one man midfield job when Bakayoko and Fabregas are in the side. For all of Fabregas' qualities going forwards he leaves so much space behind and Kante has done an incredible job making us look competent.

Skubah

Goalkeepers:

Underated: Pope, Romero and Heaton
Overrated: Karius, Forster and Pickford

Fullbacks

Underated: Robertson, van Ahnholt, Bertrand and Walker.
Overrated: Clyne, Alexander-Arnold, Trippier and Valencia

Centrebacks

Underated: Mee, Tarkowski, Azpilcueta
Overrated: Luiz, Mawson, Stones, Van Dijk

Central Midfielders

Underated: Gross, Lingard, Milivojevic, Mooy and Docoure
Overrated: Dembele, Alli, Shelvey, Ramsey

Wingers

Underated: Zaha, Sterling, Shaqiri, Mahrez, Son
Overrated: Iwobi, Hazard, Lamela, Townsend

Strikers

Underated: Firmino, Giroud, Lukaku, Vardy
Overated: Lacazette, Aubameyang, Jesus,

Handsome Devil

Overated: Anthony "Big Sulking Chip On Shoulder Lazy Non Back Tracking " Martial
Underated: Antony "Next Hybrid Messi-Ronaldo World Beater But Being Stymied By Evil Jose" Martial

And that's without even looking beyond the Caff.

:houllier:

DRM

Goalkeeper edition -

Overrated - Pickford
Underrated - Nick Pope
Thank you!
Everytime I've seen him for Everton he's always made a mistake! I think he's too short, he always seems to be just about reaching for a shot

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Overrated: Ederson and Alli
Underrated: Femenia and Mee

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's obviously recognised as being a key player for Chelsea, but I think Willian's consistently better than you'd generally see him touted as being for the most part. A regular goal threat, always a hard worker, direct, and plenty of ability.

C'est Moi Cantona

Herrera is a bit underrated, I had him as our captain at the end of last season, and his assist v City, and goal v Spurs, when coming in from the cold, would have been bigged up alot more if it was from a more fashionable player, and Zaha would surely be up playing in a top 4 team now.

Henderson is very average for a Liverpool and England starter, and of course he's a great player, but Hazard seems hyped up too much to me.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Kante - There's only a 't' missing mate, don't get too excited :).

For some reason, over in RAWK they consider him better than De Gea. I shit you not!
I'm no fan of Rawk but can you actually quote a single post saying that ?? I'd be stunned if it was true.

Bobski

Overrated.

Maguire, every other week he seems to make a mistake that leads to a goal but because he looks decent on the ball no-one really talks about it.
Alderweireld- became the consensus best in league... while out injured.
Alonso- lovely left foot, pretty average full back
Fabregas- in the last career Rooney phase
Hazard, great talent, not a leader.
Lloris, always has a mistake in him at the worst time.

Underrated

Phil Jones, opposite of Toby, when injured his reputation craters and people forget he is actually a damn fine player.
Firmino-best all round striker in the league, by a distance.
Loftus-Cheek.
Doucoure

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Overrated.

Maguire, every other week he seems to make a mistake that leads to a goal but because he looks decent on the ball no-one really talks about it.
Alderweireld- became the consensus best in league... while out injured.
Alonso- lovely left foot, pretty average full back
Fabregas- in the last career Rooney phase
Hazard, great talent, not a leader.
Lloris, always has a mistake in him at the worst time.

Underrated

Phil Jones, opposite of Toby, when injured his reputation craters and people forget he is actually a damn fine player.
Firmino-best all round striker in the league, by a distance.
Loftus-Cheek.
Doucoure
He was playing when he got that crown tbh

John_Jensen

Overrated: Eric Cantona

Slayer of the Spice Boys & biggest fish in an at the time comparatively poor league. Disappeared against decent opposition in Europe every single time.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Overrated: Smalling, Ozil, Sterling, Aubameyang, van Dijk

Underrated: Rojo, Willian, Gundogan, Son, Giroud

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Overrated: Salah.

Don't get me wrong, he's been magnificent this season, but there are people out there that genuinely believe he's better than Ronaldo.

Bobski

He was playing when he got that crown tbh
Such competition for that crown. He is good but is he world class or just the best of a mediocre lot. Nearly 30, gets a lot of plaudits for looking good in teams who flatter to deceive when it really matters, at club and international level. Would be wary of putting significant money down on him even though CB's can generally last to 33/34 without massive slippage.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Such competition for that crown. He is good but is he world class or just the best of a mediocre lot. Nearly 30, gets a lot of plaudits for looking good in teams who flatter to deceive when it really matters, at club and international level. Would be wary of putting significant money down on him even though CB's can generally last to 33/34 without massive slippage.
I dont know if he is world class but thats besides the point because I dont know many CBs right now I would class as truley world class.

He is the best CB in the league IMO and he is clearly a very good one and better than anyone we have. Sign him.

Bobski

Bellerin needs to be mentioned in the overrated group, erratic defender and even though he is super fast his attacking play is rather disappointing, terrible delivery.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Bellerin needs to be mentioned in the overrated group, erratic defender and even though he is super fast his attacking play is rather disappointing, terrible delivery.
No one rates him anymore. He’s atrocious.