Pochettino or Brendan Rodgers?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Whom would you pick and why if or when the inevitable happens?

To be honest, I'm leaning towards Rodgers, as much as it pains me to say but he's working wonders with Liecester and let's not forget he had Liverpool playing scintillating football. We're also notoriously unlucky with Argies -- always turns sour, so there's that.

What do you fellas and ladies think?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Prefer Poch but Rodgers is doing a great job

Bwuk

Poch because we don’t have a DOF structure and Rodgers doesn’t do well when he’s in charge of transfers.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Poch because we don’t have a DOF structure and Rodgers doesn’t do well when he’s in charge of transfers.
He wasn’t in charge of transfers at Liverpool btw

Fridge chutney

Gaining respect for Rodgers based on his spell at Leicester. I would still take Poch but either would be an upgrade.

Rafaeldagold

Both would be a significant upgrade on Ole but Rogers has been very impressive with how quickly he’s turned Leicester around & with a good structured exciting playing style

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Rodgers would be the more amusing choice. He's an excellent manager of course but I can see the Liverpool fans going mental and a lot of Man United fans on here deleting some old posts.

Paxi

Rodgers would be the more amusing choice. He's an excellent manager of course but I can see the Liverpool fans going mental and a lot of Man United fans on here deleting some old posts.
:nervous:

mu4c_20le

Neither. Poch isn't tactically sound especially at the highest level and Rodgers seems like he would throw people under the bus as soon as things start going sideways.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Whom would you pick and why if or when the inevitable happens?

To be honest, I'm leaning towards Rodgers, as much as it pains me to say but he's working wonders with Liecester and let's not forget he had Liverpool playing scintillating football. We're also notoriously unlucky with Argies -- always turns sour, so there's that.

What do you fellas and ladies think?
Helps having Suarez who produced 31 goals and 13 assists.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I wouldn't let Rodgers nowhere near the club, regardless of his managing credentials.

Paxi

Neither. Poch isn't tactically sound especially at the highest level and Rodgers seems like he would throw people under the bus as soon as things start going sideways.
I think we would go with manager with PL experience so I'd say it'll be one or the other.

Fooza

Poch

He's built spurs to a consistent top 4 team. That is our goal.

mu4c_20le

I think we would go with manager with PL experience so I'd say it'll be one or the other.
In that case roll the dice with Poch and hope our recruiting department has finally gotten their shit together

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Not sure about either. Of the two I would say Rodgers. But my feeling is we need a hard nut next. We need someone sure and with a good profile who is willing to push the board for the right players. Maybe Simeone.

Fooza

Not sure about either. Of the two I would say Rodgers. But my feeling is we need a hard nut next. We need someone sure and with a good profile who is willing to push the board for the right players. Maybe Simeone.
Was LVG not a hard nut? I'm not sure if that strategy will work. If Simeone comes in and pushes the board, buys the wrong players or plays really defensive football without results, it could get messy.

el3mel

Poch is definitely better than Rodgers. Rodgers is a good manager though. I think he's better now than when he was at Liverpool when he was kinda naive in his game tactics, and the brilliance of their attacking trio helped him a lot, which saw the team collapsing once Suarez left. He looks better and more tactically astute than this time.

Falcow

If mctominay and pogba had been available for the last 2 games this thread wouldn't have been made.

passing-wind

Poch in the grand scheme of things.

The reality is that Solskjaer is that much of a useless manager both would simply give us a sense of hope and ambition which is lacking right now.

Poch in the grand scheme of things.

The reality is that Solskjaer is that much of a useless manager both would simply give us a sense of hope and ambition which is lacking right now.
could the trump card be pogba? Would he sign anew contract if Pochettino arrives?

I’ve been a supporter of OGS, and the abuse he’s got has been outrageous from Utd ‘supporters’, but given Pochettino is available and we are not moving forward, then I would be surprised if Utd were not having conversations with him.