Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
A few people need to dry their eyes and grow a backbone.
Worry about the now..not about the future.
Crying over Pochettino, a manager who is a proven bottle job, being linked with a club that hasn't even completed a takeover and the prospect of said club buying their way into the top 4.

The cringe is real in here...

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Quite why getting Poch would make Newcastle a force is beyond me.
The guy has won the square root of naff all in his career, he's tactically limited, and unless he has the same transfer team as he had at Spurs he will be with worse players then before.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I'm looking forward to the influx of cocky Geordies joining the forum over the coming months.

:rolleyes:
Maybe they'll replace the Leicester fans who chipped in last summer to poo poo the Maguire deal?

"Way aye man, wav alwiz bin a massiv club." is in

"United are no longer a draw and nobody can just come in and take our best players." is out.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Poch with a huge budget. It’s good for us as it’s one more reason for our owners to keep spending the profits we make on the footballing side of things. If he can get a few top prospects Newcastle could become an important team in the league again. I don’t see them going for sancho and players of that ilk but the level below and that’s especially dangerous for teams like wolves Everton spurs and Leicester who are already putting decent money into their teams and attract a similar level of player.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Quite why getting Poch would make Newcastle a force is beyond me.
The guy has won the square root of naff all in his career, he's tactically limited, and unless he has the same transfer team as he had at Spurs he will be with worse players then before.
So why are they offering him 19m a year then? I wonder if they would make the same offer for Ole if he was available.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Had to Google the highest paid managers, Simeone is on £36.2m a year? That cant be bloody right? Pep is "only" making £20m pa (on the books at least).

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Maybe they'll replace the Leicester fans who chipped in last summer to poo poo the Maguire deal?

"Way aye man, wav alwiz bin a massiv club." is in

"United are no longer a draw and nobody can just come in and take our best players." is out.
Just wait until they start talking about Geordie Shore in a positive light.

God, it's terrifying.

I've been here 18 years waiting on this moment don't try and take it from me :drool:
So it begins.

diarm

Hiring Poch would be an encouraging sign for Newcastle fans. Would suggest that they're building a project based around quality young players, rather than just throwing money at mercenaries.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If he joins, and no other management changes, then in two seasons the fixed top four has to be City, Liverpool, Newcastle and Leicester?

What a fecking difference from the 2000s: Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and sometimes laughably Liverpool.

Who says the PL is the same predictable teams?
:lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Had to Google the highest paid managers, Simeone is on £36.2m a year? That cant be bloody right? Pep is "only" making £20m pa (on the books at least).
36m a year?!

What, like 750-800k a week!? Surely not.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
So why are they offering him 19m a year then? I wonder if they would make the same offer for Ole if he was available.
Ole earns more than Klopp. It's the way of the world pal.
money doesn't quantify quality all the time.

If he joins, and no other management changes, then in two seasons the fixed top four has to be City, Liverpool, Newcastle and Leicester?

What a fecking difference from the 2000s: Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and sometimes laughably Liverpool.

I’ll have what your drinking please :lol:

Too obvious. Try harder next time.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

You lay the easiest bait and get bites every time :lol:

Tel074

I can't see Poch going to Newcastle. Am I wrong in saying this is exactly why FFP was set up ? So no club could do a City Or PSG again .
There's no chance Newcastle will be able to go spend 250/300 million a season without getting hammered by FFP

crossy1686

career ending
You're aware that Steve Bruce was their 11th choice manager? That means 10 managers turned them down before him.

They're offering Pochettino that much because no one wants to manage them. Middle-sized club, big fanbase, huge aspirations, no idea how to achieve them. It's a place where career's go to die. Pochettino is bang average and I hope he takes the job so people can realise that.

Not even sure why you've dragged Solskjaer into this...

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
You lay the easiest bait and get bites every time :lol:
I'm not wumming, if Newcastle are somehow allowed to spend reasonably silly money then Poch will have Newcastle in top four reasonably quickly. That leaves 4th spot, it's close between a few teams but Rodgers pips it for me.

If you think I'm wumming Utd, just have a look at who your manager is. Seriously. Forget what players you currently have or will buy. Just one man. Ole will not be managing a CL team FFS. :lol: :houllier:

A couple of wins in the cups before covid kicked in and you lot all thinking you're the bees knees again. Some Utd fans make it too easy for us ABUs if truth be told. #OleAtTheWheel #AustinPowersMeme

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm not wumming, if Newcastle are somehow allowed to spend reasonably silly money then Poch will have Newcastle in top four reasonably quickly. That leaves 4th spot, it's close between a few teams but Rodgers pips it for me.

If you think I'm wumming Utd, just have a look at who your manager is. Seriously. Forget what players you currently have or will buy. Just one man. Ole will not be managing a CL team FFS. :lol: :houllier:

A couple of wins in the cups before covid kicked in and you lot all thinking you're the bees knees again. Some Utd fans make it too easy for us ABUs if truth be told. #OleAtTheWheel #AustinPowersMeme
You're not going to get me to bite :p

Gasolin

Yeah I know you think it's ridiculous but for me, Ole is actually pretty good in his approach and it's going to show up more and more and very soon. I just like the fact that he's being trying to address the lack of creativity when we lost key players due to injuries. The fact that he can change his games to address those points is for me what makes him interesting, and will make him successful. This is a guy who thinks about the football.

Otherwise clearly his ideal vision of football is different but that's great no, someone who has an idea of winning based on different tactics? I think we will start doing well.

But Ole's biggest point for me, and one that keeps me on his side, is that propensity to try to focus on the mentality of the players, and the attitude of the club.

There are talks now that key decisions on transfers and choice of players are down to Ole, Phelan, Butt, and a couple of people in the staff but no more Ed for example. He will only handle the last mile of the negotiation, but key decisions are still down to that transfer board.

There are also talks about how United targets have changed in nature and type of players since Ole got on board with last summer, and the targets for this summer, etc... this, is something that I value extraordinarily. Because with that kind of policy and mentality back to the club, if United is going for high quality players even if that means less players each window, this club will be back to the very top of the league. It's really a question of "when" rather than "if". You heard Fabrizio Romano about that point in his last interview.

Long story short, yes, that manager, that you under evaluate, is doing lots of things. I respect your posts so I do not think you are "wumming" on purpose, but you are on that specific topic. Anyway, it's win win for you, isn't it? If it doesn't work out, you will be happy to be right. If it does work out and rather quickly, you won't be happy, but at least, your wumming will have occured.

edcunited1878

Would be a good hire for them, but Poch's success is dependent on the player recruitment above him. Unless he gets more say in transfers. It's obvious that Levy played a heavy hand in the transfer dealings with Spurs while Poch was there. To that, Poch had players in their prime and kind of/not really came to challenging for the league but to be fair, they were always chasing and didn't have the bottle. Then the CL run was amazing for them, but they all overachieved in the competition and rode their luck...which is the beauty of cup competition.

It'll be interesting if the ownership sale goes through and the type of footballing structure Newcastle has around Poch, if he's their manager. Can he do the business with good international quality, and at times very good/class quality with players of similar ilk as Lloris, Vertonghen, Toby A, Eriksen, Son, Kane, Alli, supplemented by good squad players like Moura, Winks, Sissoko, etc.?

A manager is only as good as their players (for the most part), and right now Newcastle doesn't really have good players if Poch is to challenge for a top 6/European places.

Interesting you suddenly think Liverpool are fixed at the top. Lots can change in 2-3 years. Just as likely as your prediction is that cancelling this season breaks the fragile morale of Liverpool, and it’s another 3 decades of mediocrity - challenging for the league every 6 or 7 years but slipping up at the end. Makes a good book.

:p Fine. But I'm still not wumming.
You are. Otherwise your deluded. Which actually is equally as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.