Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

I think he might have missed the Manchester bus again with Ragnick on board now. Don't think Ragnick will fancy him.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
It seems he's lining up players he doesn't know since he arrived. Playing Verratti as a left midfielder is incredibly stupid, this guy is clueless or wants to get fired, there's no other plausible answer.

Ralph1386

PSG fans I know throw the same criticism at him that was thrown on Ole (bad in-game management, slow to react, slow to make a sub…). Not sure we wanna go down that route again.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Tbf, he won on aggregate against City, and is walking the league.

Its not as bad as people make it seems.

OrcaFat

I have always had doubts about this guy. His last year at Tottenham was essentially pathetic. What he’s doing now doesn’t look all that clever.

The Purley King

So a bloke with a squad worth 5x any other in the league is walking it?
Ok but that is the minimum expectation surely?

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.

They are getting outplayed by almost every french team in Ligue 1, Mbappé and Neymar have been bailing them out for a while.

It's like Ole's United

Last edited:

Mr Smith

I think he might have missed the Manchester bus again with Ragnick on board now. Don't think Ragnick will fancy him.
People keep saying this with absolutely no evidence to support it. Rangnick is on record having praised Pochettino in the past as one of the most exciting coaches in football, and their football is pretty similar. No legitimate sources have ruled Poch out due to Rangnick's appointment; it's pure speculation and pretty shaky speculation at that.

AshRK

People keep saying this with absolutely no evidence to support it. Rangnick is on record having praised Pochettino in the past as one of the most exciting coaches in football, and their football is pretty similar. No legitimate sources have ruled Poch out due to Rangnick's appointment; it's pure speculation and pretty shaky speculation at that.
At the end of the season, United hopefully will have more options to choose from then. Poch if available now would have been our first choice, but say if ten haag is available, can see the club choosing him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

You know it’s bad when even Messi realises that individual brilliance will only take you so far.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

You know it’s bad when even Messi realises that individual brilliance will only take you so far.
:lol: you're going to go by Leo Messi as a gauge of understanding tactics. The guy who has undermined most managers he has worked under. OK.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
PSG fans I know throw the same criticism at him that was thrown on Ole (bad in-game management, slow to react, slow to make a sub…). Not sure we wanna go down that route again.
I think the problem for both Ole and Poch is that they have superstars who have to play for commercial reasons and are not necessarily part of their footballing vision. They land up with Frankenstein teams/squads which doesn't serve their objectives.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They must be really hopeless for a side who are double digits clear in the league table. Lots of hyperbole and over exaggerated hate toward him.
I think the problem for both Ole and Poch is that they have superstars who have to play for commercial reasons and are not necessarily part of their footballing vision. They land up with Frankenstein teams/squads which doesn't serve their objectives.
The primary problem with Ole was he wasn't a coach or a tactcitian. Its quite silly to think of him anyhwere near Pochs level, to anyone that wants to make such a comparison (not you of course)

edcunited1878

But by many accounts, Leonardo has too much influence on the starting XI and the players are more concerned about themselves than maybe how the squad gets along and making sacrifices to win matches as a collective...like defending as a team, coming off the bench is okay, etc.

“A club like PSG has many influences that go far beyond the interests of the team. I just love football and, in a club like here, it's not always about football." That was Tuchel just days before he got sacked at PSG.

Pochettino is a good manager, but he's not a top manager or up and coming manager, of which there are only a handful.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So a bloke with a squad worth 5x any other in the league is walking it?
Ok but that is the minimum expectation surely?
Its expected to be first but with the egos in his squad nothing is guarunteed with any manager. Even Tuchel was adrift of 1st when he was sacked in the winter period.

Besides its more about how people talk of Poch like hes some utter failure at PSG when he hasn't been. The fans seem to be of the thought that the best manager should adapt to the egos of the player and no top manager bar Zidane will do that. I dont think Pep or Klopp would fancy PSG or do that well there. Same goes for Tuchel who in his own words did not enjoy the experience. Poch is no different. Also Zidane passed on them in the brief period Poch was linked. There is a reason for this.

cyberman

Its expected to be first but with the egos in his squad nothing is guarunteed with any manager. Even Tuchel was adrift of 1st when he was sacked in the winter period.

Besides its more about how people talk of Poch like hes some utter failure at PSG when he hasn't been. The fans seem to be of the thought that the best manager should adapt to the egos of the player and no top manager bar Zidane will do that. I dont think Pep or Klopp would fancy PSG or do that well there. Same goes for Tuchel who in his own words did not enjoy the experience. Poch is no different. Also Zidane passed on them in the brief period Poch was linked. There is a reason for this.
But Poch didn’t win the league last year and failed to reach the CL final when that is their aim. That’s failure. Their style of play is shit and relies on long balls to Mbappe in the bigger games and not being able to consistently carve open smaller sides. They don’t have an identity and that’s down to Poch as it is any manager. If he can’t get the squad to follow him then that’s on Poch. Spurs downed tools in his last 18 months there and now it’s PSG so we can’t even blame egos. It’s years of Poch not being able to motivate players at this stage

jackal&hyde

It's going to be very interesting if we play PSG in the CL. If we knock them out, with an interim manager and a team in turmoil, would anyone change their mind on Poch?

I don't know what to think of him any more. It feels like from his last season at Spurs, last season with PSG and the less them impressive football of this season, the excuses are piling up a lot with him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But Poch didn’t win the league last year and failed to reach the CL final when that is their aim. That’s failure. Their style of play is shit and relies on long balls to Mbappe in the bigger games and not being able to consistently carve open smaller sides. They don’t have an identity and that’s down to Poch as it is any manager. If he can’t get the squad to follow him then that’s on Poch. Spurs downed tools in his last 18 months there and now it’s PSG so we can’t even blame egos. It’s years of Poch not being able to motivate players at this stage
The spurs squad needed huge overhaul which Levy wasn't funding. That is not in Poch, it was squad burnout which happens often in energetic systems (see Klopps last year with Dortmund).

As for the final, thats a bizarre aim to demand straight away. Their squad and first team is not the best in the world. They lost to a side who were even or better on paper, and he didn't even have a full season with his players. Its weird you're beating him with a stick for losing to City in a season where he barely had half a campaign to work with his players. Especially considering he lost in the semis, dispatched Barcelona and the reigning European Champions, Bayern Munich, on the way.

As for this season, you can stick Klopp in there and they wont look any different. Leo and the owners influences selection. They allow the players all the power which means no manager will ever execute their philosophy on the pitch. Despite all of this he bettered City on aggregate this year, is what 11 pts clear of the league and we still have hyperbole from posters.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
People are doing the same thing as they did with Ole, just pointing at the results and saying everything is okay and the criticism is exaggerated. These posters will never learn.

The results havent been that great either, they will 100% win the league and have qualified which is good. But the fashion they are doing it in, clearly shows that Poch is not doing a great job.

Wouldn't sack him though because PSG just want to win the CL, which they have a decent chance to. However the fans have a season ahead with relatively terrible football, some clubs would choose against this.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I think he's a good manager but he does well with that team just under the top level and he get's them to overachieve, Spurs, Arsenal level, he has taken PSG and done badly, the evidence suggests he either can't handle the superstars, the pressure or something about being at a club with top level expectations on him, I don't have a preference on next manager but I'm calm to see what happens with Ralf but I personally wouldn't be interested in Pochettino.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
People are doing the same thing as they did with Ole, just pointing at the results and saying everything is okay and the criticism is exaggerated. These posters will never learn.

The results havent been that great either, they will 100% win the league and have qualified which is good. But the fashion they are doing it in, clearly shows that Poch is not doing a great job.

Wouldn't sack him though because PSG just want to win the CL, which they have a decent chance to. However the fans have a season ahead with relatively terrible football, some clubs would choose against this.
They have zero chance at the moment. They look as lost now as they did when first assembled 4 months ago, they might even be worse. Pochettino is either clueless or a crook who is just looking to get fired so he can get his severance package. I've lost a lot of respect for him when he pretended not to understand a question about his team looking so poor and basically ignored or didn't want to face the criticism that anybody who's watched this team consistently has leveled at him. It's criminal how poor he has been in managing this team. His formation has basically been a 6-1-3. He now has exactly the same amount of time, 4 months, as he did at the start of the season to now where they've honestly regressed. I don't see anything changing as long as he's in charge. Regardless of line-up changes, or the issues that every team deals with when it comes to injuries/COVID/not being able to get a stable XI, you still expect more from the team overall. Some of these are world-class players who are completely lost out there, and I can personally say that I watch them play and it's not due to a lack of care or desire, they aren't downing tools or just looking for the paycheck, but they're so disjointed, it's actually pretty fascinating to watch how you can turn some world-class players into completely average ones.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
They have zero chance at the moment. They look as lost now as they did when first assembled 4 months ago, they might even be worse. Pochettino is either clueless or a crook who is just looking to get fired so he can get his severance package. I've lost a lot of respect for him when he pretended not to understand a question about his team looking so poor and basically ignored or didn't want to face the criticism that anybody who's watched this team consistently has leveled at him. It's criminal how poor he has been in managing this team. His formation has basically been a 6-1-3. He now has exactly the same amount of time, 4 months, as he did at the start of the season to now where they've honestly regressed. I don't see anything changing as long as he's in charge. Regardless of line-up changes, or the issues that every team deals with when it comes to injuries/COVID/not being able to get a stable XI, you still expect more from the team overall. Some of these are world-class players who are completely lost out there, and I can personally say that I watch them play and it's not due to a lack of care or desire, they aren't downing tools or just looking for the paycheck, but they're so disjointed, it's actually pretty fascinating to watch how you can turn some world-class players into completely average ones.
Agree with your sentiments but your players are still ridiculously good. PSG can give any club a tough time without particularly playing well.

But I agree, he's doing a very poor job and just pointing at "1st" is so ignorant.

jamesjimmybyrondean

This is true. I've been watching more Psg games due to Messi and I've noticed people talk about the players bored or not taking ligue 1 seriously. I think those people don't even watch the games and are just buying into a narrative. With Pochettino, you are either playing sit back and counter or struggling to beat the press or break down low blocks due to poor movement. It's why I don't think Messi is finished like some are saying

jackal&hyde

The spurs squad needed huge overhaul which Levy wasn't funding. That is not in Poch, it was squad burnout which happens often in energetic systems (see Klopps last year with Dortmund).

As for the final, thats a bizarre aim to demand straight away. Their squad and first team is not the best in the world. They lost to a side who were even or better on paper, and he didn't even have a full season with his players. Its weird you're beating him with a stick for losing to City in a season where he barely had half a campaign to work with his players. Especially considering he lost in the semis, dispatched Barcelona and the reigning European Champions, Bayern Munich, on the way.

As for this season, you can stick Klopp in there and they wont look any different. Leo and the owners influences selection. They allow the players all the power which means no manager will ever execute their philosophy on the pitch. Despite all of this he bettered City on aggregate this year, is what 11 pts clear of the league and we still have hyperbole from posters.
There's no way to know that.

Highfather_24

PSG are dreadful to watch. Pochetino has to take the blame. They should try their best to get Zidane in ASAP if they wanna salvage their CL campaign.

Also we should steer clear from the likes of Rodgers, Pochetino etc.

cyberman

But the CL final is their aim, especially after reaching the final one year before. Then they sign Messi so that expectation isn’t unwarranted. They did beat big sides but it was in games they were dominated and relied on Mbappe on the break. That’s not how they want to play and if that is how they play then they need the end result to justify it. His style has completely neutered Neymar in Europe and that can’t be acceptable.
Theres a lot of excuses for Poch and it starts to wear thin when it covers such a long period of time now.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There's no way to know that.
You can tell beyond reasonable doubt that the PSG front 3 wont press the way Klopp needs. And we know Poch has to play certain players even if he doesnt want to.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But the CL final is their aim, especially after reaching the final one year before. Then they sign Messi so that expectation isn’t unwarranted. They did beat big sides but it was in games they were dominated and relied on Mbappe on the break. That’s not how they want to play and if that is how they play then they need the end result to justify it. His style has completely neutered Neymar in Europe and that can’t be acceptable.
Theres a lot of excuses for Poch and it starts to wear thin when it covers such a long period of time now.
They cant aim dominate against the likes of City or Bayern, and then have 2 or more passengers in the game off the ball. This comes down to silly expectations of owners rather than Poch. We all know Poch wants his players to press from the front. His Southampton and Spurs side did this very well for the majority of his time. Coincidentally star players at PSG who have big egos and dont like working off the ball under other managers, are suddenly doing the same under Poch. He has obviously had to therefore adapt to pragmatism. Its the only way really when you have a couple players who wont work hard unless they are on a breakaway.

PSG is a poisned chalice. Its silly to judge any manager from it. The owners pressure on who to start and Leo buys who he wants and says deal with it. And if a manager has a problem thats basically a countdown to his sacking. See how Tuchel ended, he basically said in his own way that this is a broken system and Leo is a loose cannon. Leo then marked him for the sack and it was only a matter of time. When Tuchel slipped to 3rd or so, even though the league was salvageable, he was still sacked. This is not the way to work with managers. Any manager is always looking over their shoulder.

It wouldn't work for the best of established managers let alone a high potential younger manager like Poch.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So people are still ignoring facts, making up things and ignoring the fact that PSG issue is with their non attacking players? We are stuck in a loop...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You can tell beyond reasonable doubt that the PSG front 3 wont press the way Klopp needs. And we know Poch has to play certain players even if he doesnt want to.
So? It's PSG, not stinkonia city. The front 3 that doesn't press is messi-neymar-mbappé

if they won't press, then don't press. Adapt. That's your fecking job

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So? It's PSG, not stinkonia city. The front 3 that doesn't press is messi-neymar-mbappé

That. But beyond that Neymar and Di Maria press, so what was the excuse last season when they were as disjointed? The clue is, the other players, the ones that people who don't watch PSG can't name and are struggling.

GazTheLegend

How can you, though? You have 3 players that won't defend at all. Yes they're great players. But how can you control a game against (for instance) City , Chelsea or Liverpool when they have 10 players working hard against your 7? You're going to lose every time. The actual answer is "make those players work hard TOO" but if they don't want to do that, well.

Status
Not open for further replies.