Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
But PSG wouldn’t care if he came in won the champions league and quit the season after. He’s done his job! And you say long term like PSG are known for that, they sack managers like it’s nothing perfect example is Pochettino about to be sacked.
PSG don't sack managers more than other clubs, in 10 years two managers have been sacked. The issue with Pochettino is that he pushed for a move last summer, he spent most of the season moaning about expectations being too high and the was generally subpar for PSG standards.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
But PSG wouldn’t care if he came in won the champions league and quit the season after. He’s done his job!
It's hard to get hired and immediately win the CL. And when it happens, it usually unexpected, not the result of hiring a manager for that purpose.
How is it 'temperamental' to jump before you are inevitably pushed? :lol:
He wasn't going to be fired either time.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Pochettino's cards at PSG were marked the day Real Madrid knocked them out of the Champions League.

cotumely

Supports
Chelsea
Zizou would be perfect for PSG. I wonder where Poch will be headed to next. If ETH doesn't work out he'd be next on the list.
Would be funny if Zidane decided that he didn’t want the gig. Who would PSG go for? Would they try and tap up Conte? Perhaps they already have.

peridigm

Zizou would be perfect for PSG. I wonder where Poch will be headed to next. If ETH doesn't work out he'd be next on the list.
Newcastle will need a better manager to compete on the highest level but it might be a season too early for Poch to go there. I still think he could end up there this summer though.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He failed to get the side to gel. They were so disjointed with huge gaps in transition.

As much as he is to blame, it’s something that the new manager will find tough to manage.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He failed to get the side to gel. They were so disjointed with huge gaps in transition.

As much as he is to blame, it’s something that the new manager will find tough to manage.
It's the terrible squad they have.

CM is a barren wasteland of average players. Three forwards who don't run or press.

Good luck to the next manager.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Would be funny if Zidane decided that he didn’t want the gig. Who would PSG go for? Would they try and tap up Conte? Perhaps they already have.
I thought ZZ had already said no? I think Conte will be eyeing it up but if its down to Campos, he wants Galtier from Lille...

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Thank the heavens we've already signed ten hag otherwise the poch battalion lead by pundits and former players would have been to much to bear.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Thank the heavens we've already signed ten hag otherwise the poch battalion lead by pundits and former players would have been to much to bear.
I'm sure I heard Gary Neville say that he still wanted him at United, despite the PSG awfulness.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
I thought ZZ had already said no? I think Conte will be eyeing it up but if its down to Campos, he wants Galtier from Lille...
Is this a wise thing for Campos to want? Another manager with no experience of managing big stars? Sure, they want a new non-galactico approach in the future but at the moment, the team is still packed with massive egos.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He got the sack right?

Wonder where his next destination might be, BVB perhaps?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
england should try and get him instead of southgates.

AshRK

This was always an awful match. Still rate him as a good coach and eager to see where his next destination lies. I know he managed Spurs but feel arsenal could do with him. For starter will do a much much better job than Arteta and will have them play some decent stuff. Also, no pressure of winning the league or anything. I feel he could make them a solid outfit like he did with spurs from 2015 to 2019. As a united fan hope that doesn't happen and Arteta stays there forever.

Maybe Inter Milan could be a nice option or like one other poster here pointed Dortmund would also be a good option.

Pintu

How trustworthy is this guy? He is saying:

"Zidane turned down advances from PSG this week. There is no agreement contrary to what has been said. Qatar is not giving up (this is the top priority), but time is running out. The club have agreed to move this week for the coach, and Campos is still pushing for Galtier."

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Sorry for your loss @Amadaeus
Not really a loss. Pochettino did the right thing and left or was sacked at the right time. I feel sorry for whoever will be the next manager. Could you imagine managing a 35 year old Messi, neymar who thinks he is playing Street football rather than football and a 22 year old who has been given the right to do whatever he wants? It is already a recipe for disaster and this is what Pochettino and tuchel (less than poch) had to deal with it. I bet now, the narrative would be that the players are the problem rather than the manager next season. You heard it here first. I hope it is Zidane who is their next manager because he will be found out with this team unless he is giving the right to drop neymar and Messi.
:lol: if you want to educate me, I'd implore you to start improving your knowledge of world football, might actually open your eyes to better managers than Poch, of which there are many!!

Clubs certainly have mad mistakes, I mean you just mentioned that PSG made a mistake in going for Poch after Tuchel!!
But rarely does a club actively look for a worse manager than the one they currently have. I highly doubt PSG looked at Poch and realised there and then he wouldn't be as good as Tuchel did they?!

But they made a mistake, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Another name to educate you further: Marcelo Gallardo

Another whose tipped to improve on Pochs failure.
Coming from you, I only need basic level of football knowledge :lol:. There are better manager than Pochettino Like pep and klopp, but the ones you mentioned doesn't even come close. Let see if any manager can replicate what poch did at Spurs. Conte already stated top four is one of his biggest accomplishments. Also, let see if the next psg manager can replicate what poch did at psg as well. In 1 and a half year he got to the semi final and won all the domestic trophies. In addition, this season he was unbeaten at home. If the next manager of psg can do more than that in 1 and a half year, then he would have done better than Pochettino.

Well glad you realized your statement was incorrect. It is not all the time club picks managers that are better than there predecessor. Glad you are learning. I can teach you more things, the more you stalk me on this forum.

"Zidane turned down advances from PSG this week. There is no agreement contrary to what has been said. Qatar is not giving up (this is the top priority), but time is running out. The club have agreed to move this week for the coach, and Campos is still pushing for Galtier."

Wouldn't be surprise if Zidane rejected. That club is a circus. Even tuchel said that when he was sacked and I m sure Pochettino will say the same thing. At least Pochettino came and got what he wanted from psg, and now he can get to a more organized club. Newcastle will work brilliantly for him with the inflow of cash and if he gets full control. Real Madrid will be good as well because they are handling their ego their and building a team around top quality youth players.

I feel Galtier will be Pochettino replacement if they can't get Zidane. Which isn't a bad option, but might be a shock to him because the level between nice and lille and psg is massive. He will have to adopt quickly or it will be a bad appointment.

Last edited:

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
The most overrated manager in the history of top flight football.
Some may be over rate him. But he did very good with spurs. PSG whats in their mind when they sack tuchel and put all in on pochettino.:lol:

After all the years of spending money tuchel was the one went close to win cl with them and managed them to play as a compact unit despite having some proper ego maniacs in his team.

Sviken

Thank goodness ETH was available otherwise...shiver....
Doubt ETH would have ever went for PSG. He seems very Guardiola-like in his desire for control and assurances. PSG are a circus club, even a bigger circus than we are. On the other hand, our stupid board might have went for Poch though, so It's a good thing they did one thing right at least

Tony247

Doubt ETH would have ever went for PSG. He seems very Guardiola-like in his desire for control and assurances. PSG are a circus club, even a bigger circus than we are. On the other hand, our stupid board might have went for Poch though, so It's a good thing they did one thing right at least
That's what I was thinking of... our board would have signed Poch.... shiver again...

JPRouve

Scout

Molina can be trustworthy and in this case he isn't saying anything new. It's the agreed context in France, Doha wants Zidane, Campos wants Galtier but could have agreed to pursue Zidane first and if he refuses they will go hard on Galtier.

JPRouve

Scout
Some may be over rate him. But he did very good with spurs. PSG whats in their mind when they sack tuchel and put all in on pochettino.:lol:

After all the years of spending money tuchel was the one went close to win cl with them and managed them to play as a compact unit despite having some proper ego maniacs in his team.
Tuchel was at the end of his contract and wasn't extending due to his relationship with Leonardo. Pochettino was available and they tried to get him in December instead of taking the risk of competing with other clubs in the summer.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
And what about Thiago Motta?! It would have been amazing to see the transformation from an counterattacking team to Motta's crazy ultra attacking style and 2-7-2 formation haha

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Not really a loss. Pochettino did the right thing and left or was sacked at the right time. I feel sorry for whoever will be the next manager. Could you imagine managing a 35 year old Messi, neymar who thinks he is playing Street football rather than football and a 22 year old who has been given the right to do whatever he wants? It is already a recipe for disaster and this is what Pochettino and tuchel (less than poch) had to deal with it. I bet now, the narrative would be that the players are the problem rather than the manager next season. You heard it here first. I hope it is Zidane who is their next manager because he will be found out with this team unless he is giving the right to drop neymar and Messi.

Coming from you, I only need basic level of football knowledge :lol:. There are better manager than Pochettino Like pep and klopp, but the ones you mentioned doesn't even come close. Let see if any manager can replicate what poch did at Spurs. Conte already stated top four is one of his biggest accomplishments. Also, let see if the next psg manager can replicate what poch did at psg as well. In 1 and a half year he got to the semi final and won all the domestic trophies. In addition, this season he was unbeaten at home. If the next manager of psg can do more than that in 1 and a half year, then he would have done better than Pochettino.

Well glad you realized your statement was incorrect. It is not all the time club picks managers that are better than there predecessor. Glad you are learning. I can teach you more things, the more you stalk me on this forum.

Wouldn't be surprise if Zidane rejected. That club is a circus. Even tuchel said that when he was sacked and I m sure Pochettino will say the same thing. At least Pochettino came and got what he wanted from psg, and now he can get to a more organized club. Newcastle will work brilliantly for him with the inflow of cash and if he gets full control. Real Madrid will be good as well because they are handling their ego their and building a team around top quality youth players.

I feel Galtier will be Pochettino replacement if they can't get Zidane. Which isn't a bad option, but might be a shock to him because the level between nice and lille and psg is massive. He will have to adopt quickly or it will be a bad appointment.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poch is dead, long live Poch.

Ask yourself, why would PSG get rid of a manager that has done, according to you, wonders for the club?

Your delusion is now complete, left idolising a manager who currently doesn't manage, left idolising a manager who has failed (in his own words)!

Are you going to be ok? Serious question that, as I worry about you anyhow, yet alone now that Poch is dead.

Poch is dead, long live the Poch.

Pray for Amadaeus.

fps

This was always an awful match. Still rate him as a good coach and eager to see where his next destination lies. I know he managed Spurs but feel arsenal could do with him. For starter will do a much much better job than Arteta and will have them play some decent stuff. Also, no pressure of winning the league or anything. I feel he could make them a solid outfit like he did with spurs from 2015 to 2019. As a united fan hope that doesn't happen and Arteta stays there forever.

Maybe Inter Milan could be a nice option or like one other poster here pointed Dortmund would also be a good option.
Agree it was an awful match. One reason Ancelotti is so great is he manages the players he has. A systems person like MP was never going to run the right system for those players. PSG remained a horrible strange mix of arrogance, anemia and brilliant individual moments.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

He was the first ones to confirm that Mbappe is staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.