Pochettino sacked by Spurs

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I think Levy might have put a clause that he cant manage in England for a year or two?
I dont want him to go to United :D Lets hope Ole keeps getting some good results which will keep him in United seat for some more time :wenger:
Brilliant.

Dinghy

3 away wins in 30 games against the top 6.

Tactically inept, and has his side playing boring football. No thanks.

Canagel

Spurs choosing Mourinho over Allegri, it's like his disastrous stint at United never happened :lol:

RedDevilUnited369

Going into a frenzy over a manager sacked by Spurs is embarrassing. He has a better team than us and has never won anything.

I understand Spurs wanting an ex Utd manager like Jose. It’s the natural order of things. And that will end in tears. But I’m not mad for Poch.

It makes me feel like Spurs are bigger team than Utd wanting their sacked manager who, and I could be wrong has a worse record than Ole in the league since he came in?

Meh

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Ole is a dreadful manager in fairness
This is a "Poch sacked" thread (in fairness).

'Euro international games' thread.... "Imagine Ole with an international squad. He'd be shown up to be even shitter"

'Messi v Ronaldo' thread "I bet the real reason CR wouldn't come back is he wouldn't play for Old"

'Donald Trump' thread "Trump would be a better manager than Ole".

Etc, etc.

Canuckred64

We should at least be talking to him to see if there is any interest and whether he can bring Kane with him.

fps

All right - step 1 complete. Now let's pry Eriksen away. Should be cheaper for being out of form I hope. Do it.
He has a looot of miles on the clock for a player his age. Out of form, or lost a step....

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He had to go from the sound of things.

He'll always have that Champions League final I guess.

Bayern next?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It'd be so weird seeing Mourinho at Spurs.

I posted before the CL final listing their form since the beginning of 2019. They've had an awful year and I'm not sure Poch's heart has been in it since the end of last season. Might be best for everyone.

Has @GlastonSpur left for good?
Fingers crossed!!

How much is this going to cost Spurs? When did he sign that massive 5 year deal? Rumour was it would cost Utd £30+ million in compensation to sign him, so expecting that spurs will have to pay out a similar amount.

With their 2 best CBs, and Erikson leaving on a free, Rose kicking up a stink, Alli in atrocious form for a year - all is not well.

If spurs get Jose, it’s a short term fix (they still won’t win anything) that will have some serious long term consequences.

Josep Dowling

Hardly average, they were not that far away from where they are now when he joined.
Can’t you even give him some credit for what’s he done? Why are Spurs expected to win trophies right now? Because of what he has achieved with them.

In the last 30 years they have basically won 1 League Cup. He got that team to a Champions League final beating Manchester City a long the way.

He bought in Kane into the team when the guy could barely get a goal every 1 in 5 game. He took a decision to replace a striker the club paid nearly £30m for with a youth product. He bought in a lot of young players into that squad whether it was from their youth system or cheap signings and built that team.

Poch did the right thing and tried to win the major trophies, just like Klopp has tried to do with Liverpool. That has hindered him from winning a trophy. Look at their team selections in the FA and League Cup over the years, it’s clear it wasn’t the priority. Just like they shouldn’t be for this club.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Has @GlastonSpur left for good?
Wouldn't blame him, this is the last comment on his Caf profile:

Hi Glaston. I have been viewing this forum for many years without joining. I just wanted to say I think you are a terrible poster who gets a lot of fair criticism. Chin down mate

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Haven’t seen the Sunderland one yet, but yeah that’s this season :D can’t wait. I remember hearing our game was on it.
The Barcelona one has the semi final game at Anfield and the aftermath on it. :drool:

I enjoy other people's misery far too much.

murph1

Supports
liverpool
pochettino to utd after crimbo...the special one to spurs...?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Hi Glaston. I have been viewing this forum for many years without joining. I just wanted to say I think you are a terrible poster who gets a lot of fair criticism. Chin down mate

Chin down! :lol:

Glaston was very likely a wind up account from one of the mods. Wonder if they'll ever admit which one was behind it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

:lol: fecking hell

Bocca9978

Can you imagine a worse combo than Levy who doesn't want to spend a penny and Jose who wants hundreds of millions?
I wondered that. Hardly a match made in heaven.
Saying that, I’d never of thought Levy would pay out 30m (guess) to get rid of Pochettino.

0le

I don't think it is a mistake but I can't see where spurs go from here. It really feels like they had their time in the sun, didn't make the most of it, and now they have returned back to their level. They are fortunate that Kane will still keep them somewhat relevant.

Charlie Foley

:lol::lol:

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
The Barcelona one has the semi final game at Anfield and the aftermath on it. :drool:

I can’t wait for that one, as much as I love Phil I can’t wait to see his face in the changing rooms :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Misery is always more enjoyable when fans have got up their own arse a bit too much.
That's why whatever happens when Klopp is with you, we'll be rejoicing when Stevie G takes you to midtable as your next manager :drool:

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Misery is always more enjoyable when fans have got up their own arse a bit too much.
That's why whatever happens when Klopp is with you, we'll be rejoicing when Stevie G takes you to midtable as your next manager :drool:
I've got this image of Carragher taking the job then losing 7-0 at City and resigning like Neville did with Valencia.

MNF would be a great laugh after that.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Madness that people forget this, he took them up a level on a nothing budget. Yeah he probably ran his course but he is a top manager
People forget all the celebrations when Harry Redknapp got them into the CL, it was like they had won the World Cup it was such a rare occurrence. Now Poch has made it an expectation.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Be very interesting to see how he does next. Considering how highly he's rated there are a few question marks over him.

Pennywise

This is a "Poch sacked" thread (in fairness).

'Euro international games' thread.... "Imagine Ole with an international squad. He'd be shown up to be even shitter"

'Messi v Ronaldo' thread "I bet the real reason CR wouldn't come back is he wouldn't play for Old"

'Donald Trump' thread "Trump would be a better manager than Ole".

Etc, etc.
Apologies if you do but do you have issues?

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I suspect the fallout of this will be extensive over the next year, seems to be a lot going on behind the scenes at Spurs. I imagine it’s going to all come out at some stage :drool:

0le

Madness that people forget this, he took them up a level on a nothing budget. Yeah he probably ran his course but he is a top manager
He will definitely be in high demand. I think he may take a break and then join either Madrid or Juventus. He will win a trophy at his next club for sure.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Not really that much of a shock. 11 months of dire league form, dressing room seems lost and no sense it was about to turn around. A host of players wanting out on frees in the summer.
He did well and is a good manager but it was heading the wrong way.
Poch at United. For a rebuild? Yes. To win silverware after a rebuild? No.
Either we go straight in and get now before the January window, or leave..

Judas

Open to offers
I think it was the right decision, end of his cycle at the club. Spurs next move is massive, get this wrong, and all his hard work is for nothing because players will be jumping ship very fast indeed.