Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If I went into a coma today and woke up in March and he was the United manager, I might be a little surprised, but I wouldn't be shocked.

Nothing against Ten Hag, he just obviously isn't going to be backed with his key targets. Just like every other manager wasn't
Aren't we after Eriksen, De Jong, Malacia, Anthony and Lisandro Martinez?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Took so long due to the epic amount of compensation owed?, negotiation.

Not a bad gig being a top football manager. If you can get it.

Galtier, what are they thinking? Will never be able to handle that dressing room. May as well have Messi and Mbappe as joint manager...

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert

Galtier, what are they thinking? Will never be able to handle that dressing room. May as well have Messi and Mbappe as joint manager...
You may well be right, but what's the alternative? Zidane is clearly waiting for the France job so he wasn't interested. All the other top guys are gainfully employed. Tough to think of anyone available with the resume and pedigree to go in there and immediately command the respect of that dressing room (not to mention being able to manage upwards as well). So this guy is about the best you can get.

Flexdegea

If I went into a coma today and woke up in March and he was the United manager, I might be a little surprised, but I wouldn't be shocked.

Nothing against Ten Hag, he just obviously isn't going to be backed with his key targets. Just like every other manager wasn't

Strange post when we literally trying to buy the targets and the window has still a long way to go.

Surprised people think he going to be sacked mid way thru the season

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

If reports are correct, the compensation is 17m€ which isn't epic. The reason behind the delay was that they first wanted to hire Luis Campos and let him decide on what he wanted to do, that appointment happened on June 10th. Later Luis Campos shared his decision which was to let Pochettino go and replace him with preferably Galtier, there were rumours that Doha preferred Zidane and contacted but that's only rumours. Around 10 days ago Pochettino and PSG allegedly agreed on a 15m€ without bonuses but asked for the payment of future bonuses, PSG were allegedly against it.

Joel Miller

I think his stock has taken a real hit, he’ll struggle to get many top jobs now. Of course he won the league, but it’s really a minimum requirement and losing it previously was pretty bad. And PSG just never looked like much of a team under his stewardship, guess Mbappe felt similarly hand that’s why he’s taken this decision.

crossy1686

career ending
I think his stock has taken a real hit, he’ll struggle to get many top jobs now. Of course he won the league, but it’s really a minimum requirement and losing it previously was pretty bad. And PSG just never looked like much of a team under his stewardship, guess Mbappe felt similarly hand that’s why he’s taken this decision.
There will always be another team willing to take a gamble on him. You hear pundits and reporters talking about the 'job he did at Tottenham" like he parted the red sea. He's limited though for sure, especially at the top end of the spectrum. I think one more elite club takes a punt on him when. they're desperate, like a Madrid, and then he manages teams like Sevilla, Everton or West Ham for the rest of his career.

TsuWave

we have been pursuing De Jong for two months

always_hoping

Newcastle!?
Not really, the Newcastle owners will have high demands and will be seeking trophies . Low pressure gigs with Leeds, Everton or Aston Villa and finish 8th or higher and he will be praised by the media and pundits.

Tyrion

I think this is a impossible job. Poch is not as bad as this stint makes out. Pretty sure he will be in a top job somewhere. The drama at PSG is next level with Player power I suppose. Now add the Judge , jury and executioner powers of Mbappe ,,there will be fireworks!!
That's my thoughts as well. There's a lot of posters here that want to believe he's rubbish because he managed Spurs and because they preferred other options for manager. He might be a little overrated by pundits, but he's clearly not rubbish.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
we have been pursuing De Jong for two months
You’ve been pursuing Poch for 2 years. It’s definitely plausible that he could be United manager before the season ends if ETH does a dreadful job. There’s literally no good data on ETH to gauge his ability besides being a success at a single club.

Rinnegan240

You’ve been pursuing Poch for 2 years. It’s definitely plausible that he could be United manager before the season ends if ETH does a dreadful job. There’s literally no good data on ETH to gauge his ability besides being a success at a single club.
By relative standards, he also succeeded at Utrecht and Go Ahead Eagles?

TsuWave

OK? I replied to the notion of Ten Hag “obviously not being backed with his key targets” by saying we’ve been pursuing De Jong for two months. What does your post have to do with what I said? :confused:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He wasn't success at single club, there is lot of information on internet to easily search about his work at his previous clubs.

Last edited:

RedDevilQuebecois

That would be so weird if he goes from one club with a long history of being a managerial circus (PSG) to another (Chelsea). He should seek something else that is more stable.

sugar_kane

Hate these "banter" accounts. Would love to see what Poch could do at Brighton tbh, and I say that who is someone who is relieved he didn't get the job at United.

I don't understand why people take such pleasure in footballers/managers failing. Unless it's Liverpool/City, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.