Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Nuts to the Saudis, if Newcastle get Poch then they'll dominate the world forever. The great thing about Poch is, he's got the most delicious tasting bollox. Ain't that right, @Amadaeus?
What? Newcastle missed an opportunity to become a big club with this potential acquisition. Now they will remain mediocre. Regardless, it would have been an interesting project if that scenario happened. If United were smart, they would sack Ole and hire Poch as we did Van Gaal when we noticed Mourinho was available. Without Bruno, we wouldn’t have gotten top four. So, Ole doesn’t get a free pass, he was lucky enough that the Woodward, glazers and the rest of the board supported that acquisition.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What? Newcastle missed an opportunity to become a big club with this potential acquisition. Now they will remain mediocre. Regardless, it would have been an interesting project if that scenario happened. If United were smart, they would sack Ole and hire Poch as we did Van Gaal when we noticed Mourinho was available. Without Bruno, we wouldn’t have gotten top four. So, Ole doesn’t get a free pass, he was lucky enough that the Woodward, glazers and the rest of the board supported that acquisition.
Playing Devil's Advocate here, but what did Poch do in his final few months at Spurs that convinces you he'd be great at Utd? ? Spurs were going backwards under him, let's be honest. When Jose took over they were 14th or near enough, now they're 5th. At his best he was a super coach but how and why did it go so pear shaped?

Plus why was Ole 'lucky' to buy a player he obviously coveted? Isn't that what all coaches do?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
We sacked LvG because we had a mostly awful season and finished 5th. We're keeping Ole because we've had a decent season and finished 3rd.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What? Newcastle missed an opportunity to become a big club with this potential acquisition. Now they will remain mediocre.
Yeah, the billions of pounds would have been alright, but having Poch or not is definitely the decisive factor here. :lol: I'm honestly really curious of the story behind someone becoming a Poch fanboy. It's absolutely fascinating to me.

I mean, as an example, I find anybody who seems to support a single player more than a team pretty odd and cringeworthy to start with, but with the Messi and Ronaldo crowd, you can at least connect the dots as to how that could possibly happen purely from their ability and achievements - After all, each of them does have a genuine claim to be the best player to have ever kicked a ball. Even if I do find that kind of hero worship a bit weird, I can see how those two could have people fawning over them.

But how on earth do you actually become a fanboy to that kind of a degree of, not even a player, but a manager whose career highlight is "did alright with Spurs for a few years"?

FujiVice

Its obvious to me that Poch is waiting out the Spurs job. Mourinho will be sacked next year and they'll bring him back to appease the fans.

Amadaeus

Playing Devil's Advocate here, but what did Poch do in his final few months at Spurs that convinces you he'd be great at Utd? ? Spurs were going backwards under him, let's be honest. When Jose took over they were 14th or near enough, now they're 5th. At his best he was a super coach but how and why did it go so pear shaped?

Plus why was Ole 'lucky' to buy a player he obviously coveted? Isn't that what all coaches do?
Not sure why his last few months should matter when it was only a small part of his career that was filled with overachievement. It was obvious that the psychological factor of doing the impossible and reaching the champions league final, plus the added factor of not having a big budget to make significant much needed changes to his team affected those performances. The height of that accomplishment plus the disappointment wasn’t only mentally straining on pochettino, but also the players. That is why you rarely see teams in the premier league win the league in back to back season or even champions league.

It was the January transfer window and after the club spent so much in summer, the club could have followed other club at that time and limited our budget. Yet, the board supported the expensive acquisition of Bruno that changed our season completely. If Bruno was so deeply coveted, we would have bought him in the summer and wouldn’t have so much doubt about him back then.
Yeah, the billions of pounds would have been alright, but having Poch or not is definitely the decisive factor here. :lol: I'm honestly really curious of the story behind someone becoming a Poch fanboy. It's absolutely fascinating to me.

I mean, as an example, I find anybody who seems to support a single player more than a team pretty odd and cringeworthy to start with, but with the Messi and Ronaldo crowd, you can at least connect the dots as to how that could possibly happen purely from their ability and achievements - After all, each of them does have a genuine claim to be the best player to have ever kicked a ball. Even if I do find that kind of hero worship a bit weird, I can see how those two could have people fawning over them.

But how on earth do you actually become a fanboy to that kind of a degree of, not even a player, but a manager whose career highlight is "did alright with Spurs for a few years"?
:lol: did alright

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think he's gonna show up in a really underwhelming job.
I do as well, I bet he himself expected he'd of had tons of top job offers by now and would be in a job come the new season but it ain't looking likely

Chairman Steve

I’d say if he didnt have his loyalty to Espanyol, he’d be a shoo-in for the Barcelona job.

Maybe he could do some mental gymnastics and because Espanyol got relegated this season, they’re not longer in the same league anymore and therefore it’s perfectly cool to take the Barcelona job.

Bojan11

I can see him going to somewhere like Napoli if Gattuso gets the boot. Dortmund would also be a good move for him.

Tarrou

Not sure why his last few months should matter when it was only a small part of his career that was filled with overachievement. It was obvious that the psychological factor of doing the impossible and reaching the champions league final, plus the added factor of not having a big budget to make significant much needed changes to his team affected those performances. The height of that accomplishment plus the disappointment wasn’t only mentally straining on pochettino, but also the players. That is why you rarely see teams in the premier league win the league in back to back season or even champions league.

It was the January transfer window and after the club spent so much in summer, the club could have followed other club at that time and limited our budget. Yet, the board supported the expensive acquisition of Bruno that changed our season completely. If Bruno was so deeply coveted, we would have bought him in the summer and wouldn’t have so much doubt about him back then.

:lol: did alright
Come on now. Spurs picked up 25 points from his last 24 games in charge (relegation battle form), so the rot started long before the UCL final.

And Spurs didn't win anything so your analogy about teams rarely going back-to-back is a bit strange.

Revan

Assumptionman

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only explanation is that Amadeus is Pochettino himself.

Dahmmy

doubt Poch will be even thinking about going to Newcastle tonight...

Sad Chris

When Jose took over they were 14th or near enough, now they're 5th.
I‘m fed up with people throwing this argument around without mentioning that there were only 3 points between 14th and 5th place when he took over.

always_hoping

I‘m fed up with people throwing this argument around without mentioning that there were only 3 points between 14th and 5th place when he took over.
How about the argument that a washed up Jose got 45 points in his 26 league games for Spurs while Poch in his last 26 league games with Spurs only got 29 points?

Sad Chris

How about the argument that a washed up Jose got 45 points in his 26 league games for Spurs while Poch in his last 26 league games with Spurs only got 29 points?
What about it? Do you want my opinion? I don‘t care much about Jose or Poch. I do care about arguments being frequently thrown around that appear to support fantastic achievements when in reality they don‘t.

Krisbijoy

Couldn’t help but reply to this. Considering that you refer to United as we/our etc , it’s a bit odd that you seem genuinely disappointed about the bolded part which was really a stepping stone in the right direction for the club and its ambitions.

Amadaeus

Come on now. Spurs picked up 25 points from his last 24 games in charge (relegation battle form), so the rot started long before the UCL final.

And Spurs didn't win anything so your analogy about teams rarely going back-to-back is a bit strange.
If you looked at Spurs team, they didn’t have the depth to go so far in the champions league and also remain competitive in the premier league. It had to be one or the other and Poch choose the champions league. Moreover, they were also playing a lot of those games without their best players, which make his accomplishments even more impressive. Post that, my explanation holds.
Couldn’t help but reply to this. Considering that you refer to United as we/our etc , it’s a bit odd that you seem genuinely disappointed about the bolded part which was really a stepping stone in the right direction for the club and its ambitions.
More disappointed that a con artist got saved because of the board willingness to support the club by going above the norm in support of the manager. If Ole has been doing well and playing attractive football, like Lampard has been doing at Chelsea giving what he had then I would be fully supportive of Ole. But before all the big money signing, Ole was on track to be our worst manager post Sir Alex. I still don’t see anything special about Ole beside being good at recruiting the right players and at least giving youth a chance. He has a chance to prove me wrong by at least winning the premier league next season and challenging for the champions league, especially if we spend another £150m plus on new players. With this squad, I expect top four and at least a domestic trophy as the minimum requirement.

RashyForPM

If United were smart, they would sack Ole and hire Poch as we did Van Gaal when we noticed Mourinho was available. Without Bruno, we wouldn’t have gotten top four. So, Ole doesn’t get a free pass, he was lucky enough that the Woodward, glazers and the rest of the board supported that acquisition.
This bit has to be a wind up. Surely, surely you don’t believe this. Ole has already made so much progress and in what world was hiring Mourinho ‘smart’?

Skills

Snitch
This bit has to be a wind up. Surely, surely you don’t believe this. Ole has already made so much progress and in what world was hiring Mourinho ‘smart’?
Well hiring him wasn't the bad part - the bad part was not firing him quick enough. Had we sacked at the end of 17/18, his time here doesn't look so bad.

Sadly our fanbase has massive separation anxiety when it comes to managers, so sacking them becomes a lot more complicated than necessary.

EwanI Ted

More disappointed that a con artist got saved because of the board willingness to support the club by going above the norm in support of the manager. If Ole has been doing well and playing attractive football, like Lampard has been doing at Chelsea giving what he had then I would be fully supportive of Ole. But before all the big money signing, Ole was on track to be our worst manager post Sir Alex. I still don’t see anything special about Ole beside being good at recruiting the right players and at least giving youth a chance]

He has a chance to prove me wrong by at least winning the premier league next season and challenging for the champions league, especially if we spend another £150m plus on new players. With this squad, I expect top four and at least a domestic trophy as the minimum requirement.
Criticising Ole because he brought some better players in and got them to perform is completely bizarre. That’s literally his job.

Squeaky Bumtime

This post is wrong on so many levels. Without Bruno? Bruno is the guy Ole wanted and yes he played a major part in our run after the brake. So a manager got a player he wanted, player helped the team massively but he doesn't get a free pass for Amadaeus.
Not only that, you praise Lampard, why is his job he did at Chelsea so better than Ole's. Is it cause you cant wait for Ole to get sacked and your beloved manager to step in?

It's so nice from you gave him another chance though to prove himself. I hope for your and our sake he'll take it and you'll be satisfied. No biggies, challenging for CL and PL.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I think we can accomodate Poch in Ole's coaching staff. Maybe in place of Phelan. How are Poch's balloon popping skills? Also, how does he look in shorts?

RashyForPM

Well hiring him wasn't the bad part - the bad part was not firing him quick enough. Had we sacked at the end of 17/18, his time here doesn't look so bad.

Sadly our fanbase has massive separation anxiety when it comes to managers, so sacking them becomes a lot more complicated than necessary.
Agree fully. This club and fanbase needs to grow some testicles sometimes. Take Madrid as an example.

We share POVs actually. I just didn’t mention it in that post as I was dumbfounded.

Dahmmy

And in that time he’s already broken their most expensive signing

Inigo Montoya

It's irrelevant really. The reality is that Jose whether you like him or not has delivered European football. Poch for all his virtues seemed to be taking the club backwards. Whether he lost interest or threw his toys out of the pram re transfers, that doesn't point to a good fit for a Utd manager

Inigo Montoya

And in that time he’s already broken their most expensive signing
Who most on here thought would be a good fit at Utd but then changed their minds pretty quick when we all realised that N'Dombele was ineffective. Jose hasn't 'broken' him IMO. He may have to work to get his mojo back or he'll have to find another club.

If anything, I'm not convinced about the relationship between Jose and Alli. That's one to keep your eye on.

Dahmmy

Who most on here thought would be a good fit at Utd but then changed their minds pretty quick when we all realised that N'Dombele was ineffective. Jose hasn't 'broken' him IMO. He may have to work to get his mojo back or he'll have to find another club.

If anything, I'm not convinced about the relationship between Jose and Alli. That's one to keep your eye on.
from what ive seen of Ndombele, he has talent, but hes not gonna be a player that will run box to box all day... Mourinho tries to "change" players into doing what he wants, like the way he wanted martial to play...but these days with the modern footballer it doesnt wash anymore...
can you imagine if Cantona was playing under Mourinho? cantona would have been out the door...

Status
Not open for further replies.