Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cast5

People can’t take a joke about a bloke who isn’t even our manager :lol:

1. Ole is a good coach
2. Poch is a good coach

I just find it funny that people who’ve been talking about patterns of play and individual brilliance don’t like other people talking about patterns of play and individual brilliance about a team we don’t support and a manager that doesn’t manage us.

Idxomer

The reality is that players like Herrera, Gueye, Florenzi, Kurzawa are average.

Paredes is a unidimensional player: good passing skills, but certainly not the Luis Monti type.

The best and reliable players are Marquinhos, Verratti, Mbappe, Di Maria and Neymar. Kean is a satisfactory recruit.

The other players are just passengers.
I thought PSG's squad has been average for a while now and hasn't added anyone notable in years.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Oh so Poch gets time to build & Ole is judged with what he had.
Poch's PSG shouldn't lose a single game & they should be winning every game by 5 goals min. Ole is scrutinised since day one for every thing & judged every single minute. Poch has a massive advantage of being in a farmer's league which PSG has won 7 titles in the last 8 years. Plus they have massive advantage over their other rivals in terms of their squad & money power.

Poch's PSG shouldn't be winning by individual brilliance, they should always win by patter of play & thats the standard they should be judged if Ole's man utd is judged that same way.
Poch's PSG should dominate for the entire 90mins & should not concede silly/simple/easy goals & if they then Poch should be held accountable for being a shite coach who couldn't coach a team to be good defensively. Just like how Ole is scrutinised every game.
Unsure. He signed a contract for 18 months and Tuchel was sacked 6 months before the end of his contract despite being still in the race for all competitions.

Ole is just paid to be scrutinised every game on a football forum dedicated to MUFC :)

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I thought PSG's squad has been average for a while now and hasn't added anyone notable in years.
The 2 notable players who joined the Club (Neymar, Mbappe) came in 2017.

Since summer 2017, PSG has lost in terms of quality of defenders/midfielders

- lost Motta, Thiago Silva, Cavani, Rabiot, Nkunku, Pastore, Guedes, Maxwell, Aurier, Matuidi, Ikone, Lucas Moura, Meunier, Diaby...
- recruited Draxler, Sarabia, Gueye, Herrera, Florenzi, Paredes, Kean, Kehrer, Diallo..

stevoc

People can’t take a joke about a bloke who isn’t even our manager :lol:

1. Ole is a good coach
2. Poch is a good coach

I just find it funny that people who’ve been talking about patterns of play and individual brilliance don’t like other people talking about patterns of play and individual brilliance about a team we don’t support and a manager that doesn’t manage us.
Don't mess wid dem Poch boyz.

troylocker

I completely forgot about him being the manager of PSG. :lol: I always thought Ancelotti and PSG should be a match made in heaven. World-class manager, great at managing divas, great tactician, one of the all-time great managers in Europe and PSG desperately want to win the CL.
Ligue 1 wasn’t really ruined back then, not before PSG splashed almost 400M on Neymar and Mbappe. It was of course very unbalanced before that too, but after that it has been a joke.

I don’t think Poch should need a transfer window to walk this league, he already has a squad worth 500M more than the closest competitor. Ridiculous!
I think Poch is a very good manager and he will probably do a good job at PSG. The only reason I’m coming in here after a bad PSG performance is because his fanboys deserves a little reality check.
It’s the «imagine what Poch could do with this squad» that get’s to me. Now we can observe what he can do with a 870M squad in a «100M» league at a safe distance. He’s already lost points to St Etienne (91M) and lost to Lorient (62M) and Monaco (310M).

Our squad sits 4th in the League when it comes to value (738M) with Spurs just 20M behind. Chelsea is 3rd with 800M while City and Liverpool tops the ranking with squads worth 1060M and 1130M, and is comfortably top 1 and 2 in the world.

PSG is 3rd in the world and Ligue 1 has 13 teams worth 104M or less (PLs cheapest squad is West Brom at 132M). The closest competition (Lyon and Monaco) would be ranked 10th in the PL, on par with Villa.
(all values in EUR from transfermarkt)

Can you see why a Manchester United manager would need a transferwindow or five to compete while a PSG manager shouldn’t?

Last edited:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Ligue 1 wasn’t really ruined back then, not before PSG splashed almost 400M on Neymar and Mbappe. It was of course very unbalanced before that too, but after that it has been a joke.

I don’t think Posh should need a transfer window to walk this league, he already has a squad worth 500M more than the closest competitor. Ridiculous!
I think Poch is a very good manager and he will probably do a good job at PSG. The only reason I’m coming in here after a bad PSG performance is because his fanboys deserves a little reality check.
It’s the «imagine what Poch could do with this squad» that get’s to me. Now we can observe what he can do with a 870M squad in a «100M» league at a safe distance. He’s already lost points to St Etienne (91M) and lost to Lorient (62M) and Monaco (310M).

Our squad sits 4th in the League when it comes to value (738M) with Spurs just 20M behind. Chelsea is 3rd with 800M while City and Liverpool tops the ranking with squads worth 1060M and 1130M, and is comfortably top 1 and 2 in the world.

PSG is 3rd in the world and Ligue 1 has 13 teams worth 104M or less (PLs cheapest squad is West Brom at 132M). The closest competition (Lyon and Monaco) would be ranked 10th in the PL, on par with Villa.
(all values in EUR from transfermarkt)

Can you see why a Manchester United manager would need a transferwindow or five to compete while a PSG manager shouldn’t?
Bloody hell, has Poch been so bad he needed replacing with Victoria Beckham?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
To be fair it's not his team.

He hasn't even spent 500M and replaced the entire starting 11 yet, how do you expect him to compete?
Agreed. You can't expect him to coach players he hasn't signed. That's not in his job description.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Not his team
Needs 5 seasons to build a team
Needs pre-season
Needs 10 more signings
This half season doesn't count
Etc....

0le

How come this thread wasn't bumped today he knocked Barcelona out of the CL. Anybody watch the game?
Because no one really cares about the oil clubs like City and PSG and Barcelona are also not as strong as they were in previous years.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I see... Just thought it was strange, this thread is usually busy after a big match.
Keylor Navas was probably their best player, which tells you what kinda game it was.
I'm interested to see whether he can get the PSG players to buy into his hard-working style of football. They didn't play with much intensity today that's for sure.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Keylor Navas was probably their best player, which tells you what kinda game it was.
I'm interested to see whether he can get the PSG players to buy into his hard-working style of football. They didn't play with much intensity today that's for sure.
I see,yes it will be interesting to see which team they draw for the next round and how they play against them.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
This was poor from Poch. If Barca were clincial it would've been PSG going KO'ed, but he did join midway without Neymar so its expected he stills needs time to get his idea across and get accustomed to his players.

90 + 5min

Question is if he will be manager after summer. Lost tonight home against second from bottom Nantes. Next up away against Lyon. A defeat there and suddenly League could be though to win. That would be major misscalculation and could cost him the job.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Lost to two relegation candidates in two months. I'm afraid that's what happens when you rely too much on individual brilliance and too little on patterns of play.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
3rd with 35 points. Lille and Lyon both had 36.
crikey, I always thought this would be a good move for Poch. Get a couple of league titles under his belt and be in a much better position in his career to potentially come to us afterwards

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
7 defeats for PSG this season, really is the season for the other clubs to step up and win the league but I can’t see it happening

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Massive game against Lille coming up.
Am hoping they can stop City from winning the Champions League, but he doesn't seem to have the tactical nous to do so.

Giggs' right foot

crikey, I always thought this would be a good move for Poch. Get a couple of league titles under his belt and be in a much better position in his career to potentially come to us afterwards
Me too.

I don't have a bunch to base it on, but the club seems so toxic to me. It speaks volumes that when they beat Dortmund last season in the round of 16, instead of getting on with it and be just an average amount of happy - because it was a team they should be beating - they proper went on to celebrate and made fun of the celebration of a fecking teenager (Haaland)... Grow the feck up.

Andersonson

I'd still take Poch in a flash if it was possible.
Im not sure he would let you. He is married no?

If he doesnt win the league with PSG he wont be hired by a top team for ages. He has never won anything and it shows..

He has never been in contention for a job at United, not sure why some here thinks so

Status
Not open for further replies.