Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Good win but seemed like a freak result to an extent. With Lewa fit instead of Chupa-Chups, Bayern probably would have won that game 6-3 or summat. Fancy them in the return leg assuming he is back.

mu4c_20le

Good win but seemed like a freak result to an extent. With Lewa fit instead of Chupa-Chups, Bayern probably would have won that game 6-3 or summat. Fancy them in the return leg assuming he is back.
The funny thing is that Bayern were by far the better coached side.

Wilt

Not sure what's so funny.

Don't think they played well at all last night. 25 shots to 4. All they did was sat back and countered. It helps when you have Mbappe too.

Ole gets slated for playing that defensively.
If you’re going to call people ‘stupid’ make sure it don’t turn round and bite you back.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Poch I believe is a great coach, but not sure how much you can give him credit here, he relied heavily on Neymar, Mbappe and Navas individual talent mixed in with Bayern poor finishing.

arthurka

Ole could do great things with this PSG side.
Mbappe is the best fast break player in the world.

PSG didn´t have anything on Bayern last night except longballs and Mbappe.

Bayern with Lewa would have killed them, Gnabry was also missing.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I see the Poch brigade are back and as intolerable as ever after stealing a win against Bayern.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If you’re going to call people ‘stupid’ make sure it don’t turn round and bite you back.
You thought PSG were good last night? They were comfortably outplayed on the ball I thought. Bayern swarmed them and were missing Lewandowski badly.

They were just devastating on the counter attack due to Mbappe. It wasn't a masterclass by them or Poch. I thought they were a bit lucky tbh.

It was good counter attacking football. Something Ole has done very well for us numerous times (PSG, Chelsea, City numerous times etc).

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
I don't think defending deep and playing counter-attack is a bad thing per se if it's the occasional set-up and not a weekly thing. Nothing shameful about it against Bayern.

But the point of defending that way is precisely protecting your box so you don't concede many clear chances, trying to surprise at the break. If you are a red carpet anyway and concede 31 shots (4.14 xG) and barely cross midfield with 6 attempts (1.54 xG) then you don't need a bit of luck but a miracle, which is what happened yesterday.

If it's more the players or the manager, difficult to know. But it's the second CL game in a row where they look like a broken toy in the hands of the opposition. That second game against Barcelona was very poor, it could have ended in accident and yesterday got even worse.

Honestly and with all due respect to the man, I'm not sure if PSG made the right call with Pochettino, regardless of the ball going in or not. Better than Ole and whatever people want, but he couldn't be farther from being the aggressive winner that teams like PSG are looking for to win the CL desperately. Pochettino has been excellent at developing players and building his own basis patiently at Spurs, without much pressure around. But when he had a proper team to aim for something they were melting under pressure in key days with very unconvincing displays, with the rare occasional exception.

When I see this PSG team they look the same bottlers again, always at the brink of a mess. They got away with it against Barcelona, but if Lewandowski is there and the tendency of the game remains the same, I can't see how these guys are going through, and then they have to beat a pair of teams more. The fact of not leading their league is laughable by the way, like the guy is allergic to trophies.

Honestly I don't know how a PSG team desperate to win the CL by the quickest route avoids a good tactician like Allegri for example, and hires a minimum goals achiever like Pochettino. Difficult to understand.
Best explanation of a game right here. There is absolutely nothing good in the way they performed last night, another night and they'd have been out. I'm a Pochettino fan, but his PSG stint so far has been far from impressive, especially the last night. He is not only adored for results (frankly, how can he be), but for the style. And so far, he is below expectations.

always_hoping

Was he always trolling? I feel like he's a genuine Poch fan who just reslised that he could rile people up by going ott with the praise.

Regardless, yeah his recent efforts have been lacking. That one looks like someone parodying a ca. 2018 Amadaeus post rather than the real deal.
It's a gimmick he plays on here that has become very tiresome.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Poch I believe is a great coach, but not sure how much you can give him credit here, he relied heavily on Neymar, Mbappe and Navas individual talent mixed in with Bayern poor finishing.
This sounds like an Ole bashing comment (I know it's not clearly haha!)

MUFC didn't play well, Ole relied on Bruno's individual brilliance and West Ham's poor finishing (rinse and repeat)

This is coming from a self confessed Ole Fanboy here too! haha!

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
This sounds like an Ole bashing comment (I know it's not clearly haha!)

MUFC didn't play well, Ole relied on Bruno's individual brilliance and West Ham's poor finishing (rinse and repeat)

This is coming from a self confessed Ole Fanboy here too! haha!
I'm on the contrary not the Ole fan because of the style, and because I don't like Ole style, I really can't see how I could praise Pochettino for last night. What I think is that United should strive to become in terms of play something like Bayern, and that is going to take years to build. Sadly we where among the elite for years, but sustained period of poor decisions has led us where we are now.

Dr. StrangeHate

I see the Poch brigade are back and as intolerable as ever after stealing a win against Bayern.
I am seeing 9 out of 10 posts panning Poch and 1 out of 10 panning Ole. I think you might have ignored too many posters.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I am seeing 9 out of 10 posts panning Poch and 1 out of 10 panning Ole. I think you might have ignored too many posters.
Where did I said anything about Ole? You might want to turn my post into an Ole vs Poch one, but that's not the reality. It's just an observation on the rapturous praise given to Poch by the usual posters after what was a very fortunate results in what is a pretty disappointing season.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
They've found a manager who can help them get and see out a lead.

tomaldinho1

Fair play to them - was like a reverse of the other game. Neymar should have had 2, could have had about 5. Gueye is a properly good player. Looks like it's a Middle East Derby for the semi

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Unbelievable. He knocked out the best team in Europe and should have destroyed them in the second leg, if psg were more clinical. 9 out of 10 times, psg would have won that second leg by three goals or more with the chances they had. Who can argue that Pochettino isn’t one of the top two managers in football now? Now if they want to win this competition, they would need to get Marquinho, Verrati and iquardi back. You can’t argue that Pochettino had an easy ride so far after knocking out Barcelona and Bayern.

slored1

Adapted well today. They were really good, arguably the better team over two legs.

AgentSmith

Unbelievable. He knocked out the best team in Europe and should have destroyed them in the second leg, if psg were more clinical. 9 out of 10 times, psg would have won that second leg by three goals or more with the chances they had. Who can argue that Pochettino isn’t one of the top two managers in football now?
PSG lost that game 1-0. Just trying to set Amadeus off.

Sanchez7

Hilarious that Spurs went from having him to Jose. Poch's attacking philosophy and courage to leave his attackers up the pitch in the away leg has won PSG the tie.

Dr. StrangeHate

Unbelievable. He knocked out the best team in Europe and should have destroyed them in the second leg, if psg were more clinical. 9 out of 10 times, psg would have won that second leg by three goals or more with the chances they had. Who can argue that Pochettino isn’t one of the top two managers in football now?
Unless he wins the CL and Ligue 1, we can't even say he is top 4. Pep, Klopp, Zidane, Flick all comfortably better. He along with Naglesmann has the most potential to be after Pep and Klopp though.

TheGame

Unbelievable. He knocked out the best team in Europe and should have destroyed them in the second leg, if psg were more clinical. 9 out of 10 times, psg would have won that second leg by three goals or more with the chances they had. Who can argue that Pochettino isn’t one of the top two managers in football now? Now if they want to win this competition, they would need to get Marquinho, Verrati and iquardi back. You can’t argue that Pochettino had an easy ride so far after knocking out Barcelona and Bayern.
If he’s the second, does that mean the Lille manager is the first?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Yeah with Bayern missing Lewa, Tolisso, Gnabry, D Costa..
Let's not overhype the great Poch

Dr. StrangeHate

I think they're perfectly equipped to knock out City
They are better equipped than Bayern. City play similar football to Bayern but are just better at it even though Bayern has better players. PSG play football which is almost designed to beat teams like City.

thepolice123

:eek:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Unless he wins the CL and Ligue 1, we can't even say he is top 4. Pep, Klopp, Zidane, Flick all comfortably better. He along with Naglesmann has the most potential to be after Pep and Klopp though.
:lol: :lol:

what Pochettino has done at spurs have been overlooked by people who doesn’t understand football. But, it is good to see that at a big club he is able to be as effective. The scary part is that, this psg team isnt fully his team yet. I am interested to see which players he brings in and truly turn them into a monster. If I was Pochettino, I would focus on getting Pogba as he suits the flair of players found in that psg team and his attacking philosophy. Pogba should be the best midfielder on the planet, but he needs a coach like Pochettino to bring that out of him. Maybe also get Salah as well And a top striker if Mbappe leaves. As well as a left back.

Anyway, the Machester City game will be as tough. If psg are not clinical, they could go out in the semi fin against them.

saivet

Yeah with Bayern missing Lewa, Tolisso, Gnabry, D Costa..
Let's not overhype the great Poch
PSG were missing Marquinhos and Verratti too. Icardi, Bernat and Florenzi out too.

No one as big a miss as Lewa but this isn't PSG with everyone either.

Dr. StrangeHate

:lol: :lol:

what Pochettino has done at spurs have been overlooked by people who doesn’t understand football. But, it is good to see that at a big club he is able to be as effective. The scary part is that, this psg team isnt fully his team yet. I am interested to see which players he brings in and truly turn them into a monster. If I was Pochettino, I would focus on getting Pogba as he suits the flair of players found in that psg team and his attacking philosophy. Pogba should be the best midfielder on the planet, but he needs a coach like Pochettino to bring that out of him. Maybe also get Salah as well And a top striker if Mbappe leaves. As well as a left back.

Anyway, the Machester City game will be as tough. If psg are not clinical, they could go out in the semi fin against them.
It isn't overlooked but at the end of the day, to be considered top or near top you have to win the league or the CL.
What Bielsa and Moyes are doing is more impressive than what even Pep has done I feel but we know that Pep is gonna win the manager of the year award.

Status
Not open for further replies.