Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It isn't, though. If Ole were to be sacked today, the next mid-table club in need of a manager would undoubtedly have him on their list of candidates. The idea that no other PL club would be interested in him *now* is so blinkered that it could only come from someone who works hard to convince themselves that Ole is bad, because doing otherwise would mean having to admit you were wrong on the internet.
Exactly. It’s a stupid narrative

Tyrion

It isn't, though. If Ole were to be sacked today, the next mid-table club in need of a manager would undoubtedly have him on their list of candidates.
If Guardiola or Klopp were sacked, every club in the PL would have him on their list of candidates. Poch was the same. If OGS was sacked, mid-table clubs would probably be the best he can expect. You are right that my comment you replied to said he wouldn't get any other PL job which was an exaggeration and (while he wouldn't at the time we appointed him) by now he'd probably get some at a few of the mid-table teams but none of the top clubs would want him.

In that, he's similar to Lampard and Arteta.

Tyrion

But what if the same thing is happening right now with Ole? He gets the stick for not being able to pass SFs (though he reached 4 of them now), and he gets the stick for plenty of other things... aren't you going to be looking fairly stupid in the next 2 years then as well? You can just replaced "United" with whatever you want in the sentence above, and Klopp by Ole.
I'm not saying he's an incompetent serial loser (as some of the people here said about Klopp). I'm just saying that being skeptical about whether he is good enough to actually win a league title and believing we can get a better manager is completely justified.

Edit: But I'm sure there are posters who are going OTT in criticising him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Could Kane to PSG be possibility in near future? They'd have well over 100m to play with if they cash in on Neymar and Mbappe in near future.

Think this is clever choice by Poch. Can finally win some trophies and he'll have the pick of every other major club in europe if he can win them the CL.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Good luck to him. He's likeable and it'll be good for him to win some stuff.

Judas

Open to offers
I'll be paying close attention to how he does, I'm very intrigued. Fair play to him if finally wins them the CL and can keep that squad of egos under control.

Zen

Some nice easy trophies then to get that hoodoo off his back.

90 + 5min

Question will be if people wanting to sack Solskjaer and replace him with Pochettino after first year would sack Pochettinho if he doesn't win the league and cups this season?

I wish him luck, like every manager needs.

RUCK4444

Could Kane to PSG be possibility in near future? They'd have well over 100m to play with if they cash in on Neymar and Mbappe in near future.

Think this is clever choice by Poch. Can finally win some trophies and he'll have the pick of every other major club in europe if he can win them the CL.
Well he does like committing his best years to mediocre clubs...

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Surely the mandate will be win the CL or bust?

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
So that's one quality manager off the market. I understand he couldn't wait more. Now let's hope Ole will be successful and good luck to Poch. He will bag in some easy titles and finally have a chance to prove his doubters he can work with world class players and stop wasting their potential like poor Tuchel.

Also reckon he will love Herrera and Herrera will love him. Fully expect him to go to management when he hangs up his boots and be his role model same way Bielsa was for Poch.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Surely the mandate will be win the CL or bust?
Which is pretty stupid honestly. Yeah, PSG are a good team with seemingly unlimited funds and they piss all over their domestic competition, but there are a lot of big teams in Europe.

Emery, Tuchel and now Poch are obviously competent managers, but if anything less than CL means the sack i expect Poch to be unemployed again soon. Even with such a strong squad it takes more than two years to fully implement a managers vision

el3mel

That's a contract for 1.5 year only. Similar to what they did with Tuchel if I remember correctly ? They prefer going with short term contracts all the time.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Which is pretty stupid honestly. Yeah, PSG are a good team with seemingly unlimited funds and they piss all over their domestic competition, but there are a lot of big teams in Europe.

Emery, Tuchel and now Poch are obviously competent managers, but if anything less than CL means the sack i expect Poch to be unemployed again soon. Even with such a strong squad it takes more than two years to fully implement a managers vision
I don't disagree. I think challenging for the CL every season should be the mandate, otherwise every single manager they appoint would be doomed from the start - plus looking at their squad it looks like a disjointed mish-mash of ok-ish to decent players sprinkled with top class talent. I don't remember what Poch's talent ID is like but the squad needs some work.

Mainoldo

Short term contract. He’s still coming lads. Just have to wait abit longer :lol:

Hope I'm wrong but I can definitely see us coming to regret this in a few months.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Ole outs crying into their pillows right now, the live streams will be starting any second now...

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Ole outs crying into their pillows right now, the live streams will be starting any second now...
They're probably buying those PSG shirts as we speak.

On a serious note, does he have his eye on another job further down the line. It just seems odd to take the PSG gig until 2022.

el3mel

Hope he doesn't come second in one horse league
Doesn't seem like a one horse race this season. They're 3rd one point behind Lyon and Lille. They lost 4 games which I dare to say, surprising number when I checked them now. Seems like they sacked Tuchel for a reason.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don’t think it’s as good a choice for him as some have made out, a lot to lose for him at PSG. If he wins the title, nobody cares, if he doesn’t he’s a failure; he basically needs to win the champions league to be a roaring success.

Cloud7

All the best to him. Hope he does well with the exception of when it involves us.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Pochettino's fanbois are among the most annoying set of people on the caf. He's not coming to Utd and that's that.
Just a little less annoying by those obsessed about his lack of trophies though :lol:
It is the hope that kills you....

Status
Not open for further replies.