Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yeah and probably sold 300m+ worth of players, his net spend compared to the ‘top clubs’ was nowhere near. He was selling the likes of Paulinho and Wimmer to replace them with Alderweirald and Son.
For every Son there's a Janssen, for Every Alderweirald there's an Njie!!
Net spend is irrelevant, he spent £400m.
Mostly on mediocre players.
However in his defence of that most of it was from a transfer team of a group of football directors, of which Poch did have a say.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I was just using random players he sold to build a budget for the players he brought in, I wasn’t trying to pinpoint player for player replacements. Obviously Paulinho is a midfielder and Son a winger, I didn’t think I needed to explain that, Jesus.

Spent 400m and sold around 300m worth of players in his time at Spurs. He actually had a bigger net spend at Southampton yet was still in the mix at the top.
Nice moving the goalposts after it was determined they do not help your argument in the slightest.

Eternitiy

more to come for the best manager in football. Not required to win any significant trophies at Spurs, but still manage to get the Audi cup. Now, he is Working with elite talent which will improve him as a manager. Looking at Spurs struggling, it just shows how great Pochettino accomplishment was at Spurs.

I don’t have much hope for Ole only that the board is supporting him with great players. After psg, he can still come to United and fortify us as one of the best team in Europe.
Thank you for making me laugh, I truly appreciate it.

Castia

Nice moving the goalposts after it was determined they do not help your argument in the slightest.

What are you talking about? 'moving the goalposts'?

He had to sell players to bring in new ones? Spurs we're building a new stadium and couldn't compete otherwise. He sold the likes of Townsend, Paulinho, Soldado, Capoue, Siggurdsson and Sandro and brought a new squad in.

You're talking absolute bollocks and tbh you've made absolutely no point to the conversation other than the glaring obvious that they didn't replace Paulinho with Son....no shit sherlock.

Castia

For every Son there's a Janssen, for Every Alderweirald there's an Njie!!
Net spend is irrelevant, he spent £400m.
Mostly on mediocre players.
However in his defence of that most of it was from a transfer team of a group of football directors, of which Poch did have a say.

Of course its relevant if he had to sell to buy. If he spent 400m and was able to add it to his squad of players without selling then he'd still have the likes of Walker making them a much better team.

Not all his transfers we're a success that's for sure but looking at the players going out to coming in the squad was massively improved.

Halftrack

Of course its relevant if he had to sell to buy. If he spent 400m and was able to add it to his squad of players without selling then he'd still have the likes of Walker making them a much better team.

Not all his transfers we're a success that's for sure but looking at the players going out to coming in the squad was massively improved.
Walker was literally the only important player he had to sell during his entire time there. If he was able to spend £400 million without selling the likes of Walker, they'd be the same team plus Walker.

Castia

Walker was literally the only important player he had to sell during his entire time there. If he was able to spend £400 million without selling the likes of Walker, they'd be the same team plus Walker.

Well that's my whole point. He sold 300m worth of players and they we're all 'shite' hence the Spurs squad when he took over was crap and he had no right challenging for the top trophies.

Idxomer

400m across 6 seasons isn't even that much.

That's 67m per season. When our club spends 80m in a window, people here think the manager hasn't been backed.

Champ

He'd also have a squad of 100 plus players. :lol:
Every club needs to sell in order to buy, including United.
I think it's clear his transfers at Spurs were patchy at best, as I say though this was not entirely his fault.

Halftrack

Well that's my whole point. He sold 300m worth of players and they we're all 'shite' hence the Spurs squad when he took over was crap and he had no right challenging for the top trophies.
So why phrase it that way? "Without selling the likes of Walker" suggests the problem was having to sell his stars to fund transfers.

Castia

He'd also have a squad of 100 plus players. :lol:
Every club needs to sell in order to buy, including United.
I think it's clear his transfers at Spurs were patchy at best, as I say though this was not entirely his fault.
But under those same rules he’s still miles behind what City, ourselves and Chelsea‘s spending, there’s no way around it. He had to sell to buy and the squad he left is 10 times that he inherited that’s been my whole point I don’t even know what we’re discussing.

’but he spent 400m!’ yeah and sold 300m worth of shite he inherited that had seen Spurs qualify for Europe once in their history before he got the job, they were essentially Everton back in 14/15.

Last edited:

Champ

But under those same rules he’s still miles behind what City, ourselves and Chelsea‘s spending, there’s no way around it. He had to sell to buy and the squad he left is 10 times that he inherited that’s been my whole point I don’t even know what we’re discussing.

’but he spent 400m!’ yeah and sold 300m worth of shite he inherited that had seen Spurs qualify for Europe once in their history before he got the job, they were essentially Everton back in 14/15.
A lot of the players he sold were ones he brought, so yeah, there's always that :lol:
Fazio, Njie, Janssen, Stambouli, Nkoudu, Yedlin etc etc.
His levels of spending were unparalleled for Spurs other than the Bale money season.

Champ

He's managed to get PSG down to third on the space of three games!!
Well played.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Well played.
He has experience at being 3rd while fighting for a title!
They will still win it, will be a proper failure if not.
Not sure if he was even back for today’s game after getting covid.

el3mel

Well played.
They're 3rd with one point away from the top. That's a hyperbole.

So I guess this thread will be Lukaku's thread volume 2?

stevoc

Well played.
Yeah but thats round about where Spurs usually finished and he did such a great job there.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
They're 3rd with one point away from the top. That's a hyperbole.

So I guess this thread will be Lukaku's thread volume 2?
He's on a hiding to nothing at PSG. Anything less than the CL and he'll have failed there too.

Hulksmash

Sack watch should be the Title

Will he get the sack if they go out to Barcelona?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
5th loss of the season for PSG but still only a point behind Lyon and Lille. Even PSG imploding won't stop them winning the league

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
So pretty much all their managers have been a failure so far. Nothing different then.
I'm not saying that. I'm saying that anyone who didn't want Poch or wants to bash him will have easy ammunition. Which is ridiculous.

The great Guardiola hasn't won the CL in 9 years. And he's had great teams the whole time. Shows how hard it is.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
5th loss of the season for PSG but still only a point behind Lyon and Lille. Even PSG imploding won't stop them winning the league
Won't be winning the league by 10-15 points at least so will be interesting race. You never know, Monaco took advantage well in 16/17 so it's not completely impossible Lyon could do it as they've been on a very good run last few months after slow start to the season.

RashyForPM

This thread genuinely needs to be locked now. I can already see the idiocy to come in the next few months in here. If Poch knocks out Barca: “you idiots still think Ole has nothing to learn from him?” or “we should have gone in for him”. If he keeps losing to no mark teams: “P.E teacher” or “Let’s stop the fawning over him now”.

Let’s be honest, this and the Lukaku thread serves absolutely no purpose to the forum. Basically just two groups of people having a dick-measuring competition about a player and manager who both have absolutely nothing to do with us anymore.

el3mel

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that anyone who didn't want Poch or wants to bash him will have easy ammunition. Which is ridiculous.

The great Guardiola hasn't won the CL in 9 years. And he's had great teams the whole time. Shows how hard it is.
Really sorry for misunderstanding. Apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.