Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomaldinho1

Knocking out Barcelona and Bayern on the way to the Champions League semi-finals is huge, if he manages is it that is, you can't play that down.
The "Anyone could have won if they Neymar" patrol will waste no time in downplaying it, don't you worry

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Bayern had the players but were underperforming with Kovac. PSG don't have the players, that's the level of players like Gueye, Pereira, Draxler, Dagba, Diallo and even 33 years old Di Maria, people should look at what they actually have instead of just looking at the logo.
Flick changed them and got them performing, PSG are still disappointing in Ligue 1, Poch hasn't had any impact whatsoever.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Flick changed them and got them performing, PSG are still disappointing in Ligue 1, Poch hasn't had any impact whatsoever.
Answer this simple question, do you think that PSG and Bayern squads are equivalent?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Amazing tactical gameplan by Pochettino. Nullified Bayern at home and certainly created one of psg fans best night in football today.

As I stated many times, Pochettino is in the top two managers in football right now. He keeps making his naysayers eat crow time and time again. 3 goals away at Bayern(best team in football) is an unbelievable accomplishment.
:lol:

lysglimt

Scout
Poch is honestly lucky to have these players. Otherwise there is no difference between his coaching and Tuchel's generally speaking.
He is very very lucky
Personally I am thinking - he is up against Choupo-Mouting rather than Lewandowski - that's like winning 5 million on the lottery

lysglimt

Scout
Goal attempts 24-6, Corners 15-1...

That's as close to a robbery as you get :)

kouroux

Personally I am thinking - he is up against Choupo-Mouting rather than Lewandowski - that's like winning 5 million on the lottery
If he gets to the semis, he'll deserve some credit for sure but at the same he's had some non negligeable luck along his side. I just like to put things into context, so far I don't see what Poch has brought to PSG having watched them closely this season.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Even Sampaoli got something out of Marseille, having been appointed later than Poch and with much much worse players. Answer your question with Marseille instead of Bayern.
No, answer my question and Pochettino has a 70% win rate with PSG, it's not as if we are talking about an average record.

kouroux

No, answer my question and Pochettino has a 70% win rate with PSG, it's not as if we are talking about an average record.
All I said is that he hasn't had an impact on them yet and so far you haven't shown how wrong I am. Tuchel had a bigger win rate tbh, not that it really matters.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
This is Mourinho-Like so far.

It will always give you some lucky results, but longterm things like this will never work.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
PSG will so Bayern on the counter in the next leg. It won’t be a tactical masterclass, it’s just how it’ll be with Bayern attacking nonstop

saivet

A bit fortunate tonight as Bayern should have scored more. They did well to get the win with a back four and midfield of Dagba, Danilo, Kimpembe, Diallo, Gueye and Herrera.

I personally don't rate their squad all that highly.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
This wasn't good by PSG, 9 times out of 10 Bayern ends up winning this comfortably.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
You make it sound like they should be doing better? 4 goals in Barcelona and 3 goals tonight at Bayern against 2 of the best teams in Europe. You’d be crazy not playing counter attacking football away at those 2 sides.
The ones downplaying are the ones who Pochettino has made eat crow. What Pochettino accomplished with these result, most if not all managers in football won’t be able to do. These are the top teams in Europe that they scored a lot in.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Even with some of our best squads ever - including treble and double winning ones - coupled with having one of the greatest managers ever, we've never once won away to Barcelona or Bayern Munich.

Poch has done it in a single season. Excellent stuff.

TheGame

Knocking out Barcelona and Bayern on the way to the Champions League semi-finals is huge, if he manages is it that is, you can't play that down.
Barca slaughtered them in the second leg and Bayern did so here, however the finishing from both was poor so if gets through the second leg against Bayern then yeah that is a great achievement however no doubt there has been massive luck involved.

Machine Elements

Imagine genuinely thinking that Ole is as good as this guy. Or even better just because you know, "we're second" after spending £300m :lol:

One is beating the best team in the world on their turf scoring 3 goals (4 against Barca at Nou camp) and the other one is going out of CL in group stage after losing to a team that's much inferior conceding 3 even after playing 5 at the back. There's a world of difference between them.

always_hoping

That's without blocked shots.
The channel I saw the game on counted 31 shots for Bayern.
Official UEFA stats was 31 shots for Bayern, plus 64% possession.

For some perspective against RB leipzig at the weekend Bayern had 9 shots on goal, 5 on target, 45% possession.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Imagine genuinely thinking that Ole is as good as this guy. Or even better just because you know, "we're second" after spending £300m :lol:

One is beating the best team in the world on their turf scoring 3 goals (4 against Barca at Nou camp) and the other one is going out of CL in group stage after losing to a team that's much inferior conceding 3 even after playing 5 at the back. There's a world of difference between them.
Ole would be doing alright if he inherited Neymar and Mbappe

SAFMUTD

While I do believe Poch is a better coach than Ole its not logical to compare PSG to us currently, they have a superior team than us its not fair to compare the results in UCL directly.

mu4c_20le

Nice comparison :lol: :lol:

Cast5

For anyone wondering why people “infect” this thread supporting Ole just read this post. Next time Poch’s PSG loses don’t be suprised when people come in here taking the piss.

Manutd GOGOGO

Neymar alone cost nearly $300million. Ole is only using $200m first team players out of that $300m.

lysglimt

Scout
If he gets to the semis, he'll deserve some credit for sure but at the same he's had some non negligeable luck along his side. I just like to put things into context, so far I don't see what Poch has brought to PSG having watched them closely this season.
They have underachieved time and time again in the C.L. In that tournament he has so far only taken them to the level where they should be - but in the league they have been poor consindering the majority of their opponents players wouldnt get into the PSG-squad.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
While I do believe Poch is a better coach than Ole its not logical to compare PSG to us currently, they have a superior team than us its not fair to compare the results in UCL directly.
Only superior because they are better coached. Manchester United has spent as much or even more than PSG, yet we were knocked out in the group stages. Great coaches make the team play above their level which pochettino is doing with psg with the likes of kean, Gueyue, Dagbo, Diallo, Drexler, Di Maria(another United rejected all of the sudden playing well), Herrera, Bakker and so on all being an integral part of the team. If we had a better coach, we will be playing better football and our fans will actually finally realize how talented our team is. Spending another £300m won't fix anything if we don't have a good footballing philosophy like Pochettino has implemented at PSG

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I thought they played worse than they did in the final but they got over the line as they did against Barcelona and that's all PSG fans will care about.

SAFMUTD

Only superior because they are better coached. Manchester United has spent as much or even more than PSG, yet we were knocked out in the group stages. Great coaches make the team play above their level which pochettino is doing with psg with the likes of kean, Gueyue, Dagbo, Diallo, Drexler, Di Maria(another United rejected all of the sudden playing well), Herrera, Bakker and so on all being an integral part of the team. If we had a better coach, we will be playing better football and our fans will actually finally realize how talented our team is. Spending another £300m won't fix anything if we don't have a good footballing philosophy like Pochettino has implemented at PSG
like Poccetino has implemented in 4 months in PSG? You do realize this is a team that got to the UCL final last year right?

While our squad is balanced with them they got 2 Worldclass players in Neymar and Mbappe. That sets all the difference. Those there are 2 of the top 5 players in the world.

Again I do think Poccetino is better than Ole but lets not be silly.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Pochettino was without Marquinhos (his best defender and starter), Verratti (his best midfielder) and Paredes (a starting midfielder).

All this talk about Lewandowski this and Lewandowski, please take both sides of the story into account.

TheRedHearted

Unless Bayern score four they'll have to win by two. I could still very much seeing that happen, especially with PSG letting this win go to their head regardless Poch probably trying to bring them down to earth. Who knows. Chances are Mbappe is gone after this season win or lose the champions league, or am I wrong? Imagine how much PSG will struggle after that. I also don't see how people are pointing out that a powerhouse like Bayern didn't have one player (although be it their main man) and use that as an excuse.

jackal&hyde

Goal attempts 24-6, Corners 15-1...

That's as close to a robbery as you get :)
If that was United the story would have been "class Mbappe saves Ole".

Complete robbery of a result but, you do also need some luck to win things. The tie is not over though. Bayern can put 5 or 6 past PSG the way they looked.

thepolice123

Pochettino was without Marquinhos (his best defender and starter), Verratti (his best midfielder) and Paredes (a starting midfielder).

All this talk about Lewandowski this and Lewandowski, please take both sides of the story into account.
Yes Bayern was without Sule, Goretzka, Gnabry and Lewandowski.

Status
Not open for further replies.