Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Sure, if it hadn't already been completely debunked in the two posts before yours.
Completely debunked indeed

2020 Ligue 1 Start Date - 22 August
2020 Champions League Final Bayern/PSG - 23 August
2020 Bundesliga start date - 18 September

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

PSG first game was on Sept 10th isnt it

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah the scheduling is a poor argument. Now the fact that they had a covid outbreak a week before their first game is a different story.

roonster09

Scout
PSG started to prepare the new season some weeks after the start of the French league...

This made the preparation really rushed...wasn't it?
Tbh that's a weak excuse. Players had 3-4 months break and unlike other leagues, French league was cancelled. So all the cup games and CL games should have made your team match fit for the league campaign. Was there many changes in the squad and management? No isn't it. It was the same manager and same players.

Yeah the scheduling is a poor argument. Now the fact that they had a covid outbreak a week before their first game is a different story.
Didn't know that. This is one of the strange season at least in the first half with so many teams losing the players because of Covid.

Also there might be so many reasons for not winning the league, like injuries to key players, covid impacting their preparation, loss of motivation especially when they won league so many times and the one trophy they all wanted to win desperately was so close.

What I don't understand is the scheduling excuse. Like I said, they had 3-4 months break and then trained for cup games. Then played 3 CL games in 11 days. There was no chance of burnout, they played 5 games in a month before the start of the season.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I never watched the game against City so didn't know Mbappe was on the bench until reading this here.

Not surprised they lost. I've kept saying forever that Poch doesn't have the mentality you need to win. Thank God we don't have him here as United is pressure on another level. He would have wilted here.

Some folks need to stop getting taken in by hype.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Tbh that's a weak excuse. Players had 3-4 months break and unlike other leagues, French league was cancelled. So all the cup games and CL games should have made your team match fit for the league campaign. Was there many changes in the squad and management? No isn't it. It was the same manager and same players.
This is of course just one of the explanations but I wouldn't overlook the reality which is that the team had a lot of injured players during the season.

Of course, there are other reasons such as:
- CB // Thiago Silva not replaced
- RB /// Meunier replaced by Florenzi
- LB /// Bernat injured the whole season

The defence/midfield is relatively average and the team mainly relies on Mbappe/Neymar/Verratti/Marquinhos.

JPRouve

Scout
Didn't know that. This is one of the strange season at least in the first half with so many teams losing the players because of Covid.

Also there might be so many reasons for not winning the league, like injuries to key players, covid impacting their preparation, loss of motivation especially when they won league so many times and the one trophy they all wanted to win desperately was so close.

What I don't understand is the scheduling excuse. Like I said, they had 3-4 months break and then trained for cup games. Then played 3 CL games in 11 days. There was no chance of burnout, they played 5 games in a month before the start of the season.
The main obvious reasons are that Neymar has missed a lot of games, Di Maria has really declined for most of the last 3 years he was as good as Neymar and Mbappé, now he is no better than a Sofiane Diop(And I'm not joking), Verratti is his usual sicknote but unlike previous years they don't have other playmakers in midfield that can link their attack and their midfield efficiently and consistently when Verratti is out.
But the key point is that unlike previous years the teams that are supposed to be close to PSG did what they were expected to do in particular Monaco and Lyon. PSG have dominated the rest of the league but their direct opponents have done the same and also took points away from PSG during direct confrontations, a simple example by beating PSG twice Monaco erased a potential 12 points delta.

roonster09

Scout
The main obvious reasons are that Neymar has missed a lot of games, Di Maria has really declined for most of the last 3 years he was as good as Neymar and Mbappé, now he is no better than a Sofiane Diop(And I'm not joking), Verratti is his usual sicknote but unlike previous years they don't have other playmakers in midfield that can link their attack and their midfield efficiently and consistently when Verratti is out.
But the key point is that unlike previous years the teams that are supposed to be close to PSG did what they were expected to do in particular Monaco and Lyon. PSG have dominated the rest of the league but their direct opponents have done the same and also took points away from PSG during direct confrontations, a simple example by beating PSG twice Monaco erased a potential 12 points delta.
Fair enough, looks like they had very poor campaign when it comes to injuries and squad management.

el3mel

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You can't actually believe that?

You could have Neymar, Mbappe, Navas, Marquinhos, Di Maria and Verratti and fill the rest of your squad with fecking Luton players and it would still be better than what Lille have by miles.
Pretty sure football doesn't work like this. Di Maria is also a past it player.

Cast5

Pretty sure football doesn't work like this. Di Maria is also a past it player.
Hope you wasn’t calling for Ole to be sacked when we had loads of players injured and had Lingard, Perreira, James, Mata, Williams and the likes starting regularly?

Ace of Spades

PSG have definitely been underwhelming, whatever the reason. Player injuries are not really an excuse as that is a part and parcel of the game. With the money and squad that PSG have, they should be doing better.

Also, don't PSG have a pretty good academy, if the player options are that bad, then maybe some of those players should be given a chance just to freshen things up.

If Tuchel was having a subpar season, then so is Pochettino. A manger's job is manging through the problems, including injuries as that is an issue many teams face.

Are there any players that have improved under him ?? Are there any improvements in the playing style, anything new or different that Poch has tried ? because the way some people sucked this guy off you would expect him to perform miracles apparently.

What is the biggest positive in his reign so far ?

JPRouve

Scout
PSG have definitely been underwhelming, whatever the reason. Player injuries are not really an excuse as that is a part and parcel of the game. With the money and squad that PSG have, they should be doing better.

Also, don't PSG have a pretty good academy, if the player options are that bad, then maybe some of those players should be given a chance just to freshen things up.

If Tuchel was having a subpar season, then so is Pochettino. A manger's job is manging through the problems, including injuries as that is an issue many teams face.

Are there any players that have improved under him ?? Are there any improvements in the playing style, anything new or different that Poch has tried ? because the way some people sucked this guy off you would expect him to perform miracles apparently.

What is the biggest positive in his reign so far ?
There are no positives or negatives. Potential money is irrelevant, you play with players no banknotes and their squad isn't particularly good outside of 4 players. That's why I didn't blame Tuchel and thought that he was a very good coach. The issue for PSG is Antero Henrique and then Leonardo who both botched the squad building, they sold their youth players to balance the FFP books because they had the bad idea of spending big on two attacking players(Neymar and Mbappé) when they should have spend the money on one and surround him with the best team possible, they are paying for this bad move. The absence of FFP will probably make things easier in the future though.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Thats what I keep saying their midfield is Europa league levels. Veratti is a good player but not so good that he could carry Gueye, Paredes, Herrera and Draxler. Then a decent cb in a kimpepe and a good one in Marquinhos the full backs are the same level as the midfielders. They are not poor footballers but you would want them surrounded by other capable players. Instead you have about 4/5 of this lot starting against man city.
Carrying other players isn't something to evaluate when rating a footballer, unless you think CR7 isn't that good cause he couldn't carry Portugal in WCs, and he always suceed more in stacked teams (Man Utd and Real Madrid).
Even though Portugal have pretty good players, but nowhere near to be top tier 1 besides Bernardo Silva.

Thing is PSG besides Neymar,Navas, and Mbappé, and Verrati isn't very good, if they want to compete they need to solve the lack of quality in other areas.
Gueye,Paredes, Danilo,Florenzi,Kimpbembe, etc don't look like CL players...unless they can pull a Chelsea 2012.

flappyjay

Carrying other players isn't something to evaluate when rating a footballer, unless you think CR7 isn't that good cause he couldn't carry Portugal in WCs, and he always suceed more in stacked teams (Man Utd and Real Madrid).
Please show me where I said his not a good player because he can't carry his team mates. I clearly state that Veratti is a good midfielder as I counted him amongst psg's best. All I stated is that he alone can't carry their average midfield. If he had another good midfielder next to him they could maybe mask the weakness of gueye/Herrera, but not on his own.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Hope you wasn’t calling for Ole to be sacked when we had loads of players injured and had Lingard, Perreira, James, Mata, Williams and the likes starting regularly?
I'm not going to point fingers but you could always check out the sack ole thread around 1st December 2019. Those were crazy times with some wild posts. Those most active in that thread don't really post much in the United forum any more.

Halftrack

What you called a very good point was that it was a miracle your players were even able to walk out on the pitch due only having a week-long break before the season. From March 11th until the end of July, you had no games. You played on the 22nd and 29th of July before getting a couple of weeks off, then played the three CL games in a week and a half.

So yes, it's been thoroughly debunked. It's not a good point, it's a shit excuse. You basically had a pre-season, but somehow this time around it's a miracle your players are able to play because of it.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
What you called a very good point was that it was a miracle your players were even able to walk out on the pitch due only having a week-long break before the season. From March 11th until the end of July, you had no games. You played on the 22nd and 29th of July before getting a couple of weeks off, then played the three CL games in a week and a half.

So yes, it's been thoroughly debunked. It's not a good point, it's a shit excuse. You basically had a pre-season, but somehow this time around it's a miracle your players are able to play because of it.
I still believe this was a very good point on the whole from a management standpoint in a competitive landscape :)

Last edited:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
For fecks sake.
That's some lazy ass research on my part. I just looked up the weekend of the match day :o
And then I introduce it with a douchy phrase like "Just a quick reminder.."
I belong on Twitter to be honest, I must apologize.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
For fecks sake.
That's some lazy ass research on my part. I just looked up the weekend of the match day :o
And then I introduce it with a douchy phrase like "Just a quick reminder.."
I belong on Twitter to be honest, I must apologize.
Fair fecks mate, kudos for holding your hands up!

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
It's not, half the league games are near enough a CL team versus a team that aren't even fully professional. They could rest all their best players and still win 10 games a season with ease.
It is, PSG bench it's pretty average.

If you take out Mbappé,Neymar,Verrati, and Marquinhos, PSG barely could reach top 4 in Ligue 1.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Rennes could've won this game too. That's another game I've watched where Neymar has done nothing remotely close to match his hype.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I will be suprised if he’s still there next season.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It is, PSG bench it's pretty average.

If you take out Mbappé,Neymar,Verrati, and Marquinhos, PSG barely could reach top 4 in Ligue 1.
The excuses are getting our of control. Anything to protect the chosen one I suppose.

AshRK

He won't be sacked and neither should he be. But it has been an under par season for him. No way can anyone suger coat it. He had more to lose than gain when he accepted this job.

SinNombre

They can barely walk guys.

Come on, can’t expect them to finish ahead of a team with a tenth of the budget with such extenuating circumstances.

SinNombre

How do you expect him to compete against the likes of Rennes with such a mediocre squad?
They can barely walk, leave them alone.

And with so many second division level players like di Maria, Navas, Icardi, Herrera, Rafinha, Draxler, Paredes, Kurzawa, Gueye, Bernat, Sarabia

It is an achievement to be top 4 in Ligue 1 with such poor players on meagre wages.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
He will get 18-24 months like every other PSG manager, this season isn't entirely his responsibility.
Maybe, I meant I will be suprised if he’s there Til the end of next season. Let’s see. Maybe a full pre season will do some wonders. And a couple of £100 mills more.:rolleyes:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Pochetinno has strict tactics and not players to suit it.

He will go for CR7 to be his Central target man this summer because he always likes aerial dominant strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.