Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Would be quite a coup for them. They might challenge for the top 4 quicker than people think

Garry Buck

Was bound to happen. Be interesting to see how he manages a much larger transfer budget.

RUCK4444

Would be quite a coup for them. They might challenge for the top 4 quicker than people think
Yup. I can't wait for people to pretend they are still happy they bought Newcastle instead of us when they are challenging us for top four.

The Saudi's won't stop until the Magpies are a feckin' force. Otherwise what is the point in it for them.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Depends on what level of players they can attract, I don't think Poch is like Pep or Klopp where the best players are desperate to work with him

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I still think they're several years away from picking themselves up to where they want to be. Throwing money at it doesn't guarantee success.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Oh dear. I know our recent results and performances were good but missing out on Pochettino may prove to be the wrong decision. Hopefully not.

Jaxa

I am surprised in 2020 that still this notion of having sugar daddy owners immediately makes you a better team and title contenders straight off the bat, surely the evidence out there has shown that not to be the case ?, Yes Newcastle would be able to offer players a lot more money and therefor be able to attract certain types and overall better quality players that they could not now, and also a better manager, in this case potentially Poch,

It will also make them another mid-low table team (like Wolves) who will be up there contending for the top 6 places but I welcome this, just because they have the most money it won't mean they will be guaranteed to win the league or even make top 4,

Surely we all want this league to stay the most competitive in the world and have the best players and coaches in it ? Do you not think it's a coincidence an English team has been in the last 2 champions league finals and then two in last years final for one to win it ? It's because we have great coaches like Pep, Klopp, Poch and world class players in our league that are elevating the level of quality this countries league is at, i love it personally.

Newcastle becoming rich won't make our chances of winning a title any harder or easier, this league is already very difficult, and it's only because we are in the position we are in that we think it makes a difference to us, our problems are much more complex than what a team like newcastle do, I would say if anything it's probably more of a worry for the lower half of the league who are fighting currently with teams like newcastle to stay in the prem.

Nickelodeon

Let's see if "throwing money" is a way of success for other clubs. Will definitely put things into perspective for us.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Problem is they will challenge almost all the players whom we are trying especially any bargains or young players with more money. With a better coach, players can always opt for Newcastle

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Problem is they will challenge almost all the players whom we are trying especially any bargains or young players with more money. With a better coach, players can always opt for Newcastle
They can challenge all they want no player is going to join Newcastle anytime soon over the established Top 6, remember even City didn't have it all their own way originally (Berbatov, RVP)

Newcastle will be a slow build, target top 6, then top 4 then title challenge. All that's at least 3/4 years away

Craig Ward

Money or not, i can't see Poch taking the newcastle job.

It'll be an exciting time for Newcastle and they will improve with the money but for some reason i think Poch wont consider it a big enough job.

He'll end up at Real i think

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I'd guess this is just an invention of a bored and desperate-for-attention sports media, but assuming for a minute that there is genuine interest from both sides then that's a very bad sign for the league in general.

I was hoping they'd go back to Benitez for a while: a good but past it manager who can take them some of the way but no further. If they get someone like Poch then that's potentially a big rocket up the league with the Saudi resources backing him.

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
They can challenge all they want no player is going to join Newcastle anytime soon over the established Top 6, remember even City didn't have it all their own way originally (Berbatov, RVP)

Newcastle will be a slow build, target top 6, then top 4 then title challenge. All that's at least 3/4 years away
This is the correct take. There's a lot more rotten here than just Ashley. The entire club needs rebuilding top to bottom, from training facilities to academy to scouting. Almost everything that wasn't directly tied to doing the bare minimum to keep the club up was ignored.

Anyone coming in - staff, tea lady, player, director, etc - has to know they're joining a massive rebuild that will take time. We'll see if Poch fancies it.

shaky

Poch's defining achievement at Spurs was building a good team on a tiny budget. He still couldn't manage to win anything with that good team though. If he goes to Newcastle, or if he came to us for that matter, his ability to build a good team on a shoestring budget wouldn't be overly important. His ability to win things with a good team would be what's needed, and he remains unproven in that department.

Yagami

Good post resistant
My best mate in secondary school was a Newcastle fan despite us being from Manchester and the rest of his family supporting City. He must be so excited for the clubs future after all these years under Ashley.

Web of Bissaka

Let's say this goes through,

It'll be a test to see how good Poch handles a huge transfer kit. I assumed he did very well with tight budgets yes? But wonder how he'll handle huge budget. Some managers are better with either one of high or low budget only.

Then again, will he be in charge of transfers?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
If he joins, and no other management changes, then in two seasons the fixed top four has to be City, Liverpool, Newcastle and Leicester?

What a fecking difference from the 2000s: Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and sometimes laughably Liverpool.

Who says the PL is the same predictable teams?

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
If he joins, and no other management changes, then in two seasons the fixed top four has to be City, Liverpool, Newcastle and Leicester?

What a fecking difference from the 2000s: Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and sometimes laughably Liverpool.
Oi! Point of order! :lol: Sir Bobby Robson had us 4th, 3rd and 5th in 01-04. Shame what happened with Souness and beyond but I'd be lying if I say it's not going to feel good to be in and amongst that area again.

AaronRedDevil

I swear you guys think manchester united are going to get relegated. United could potentially win the league next season if they get 2 or 3 more players. What's one more team for competition. Makes it more exciting anyway. Hope Newcastle get new owners.

El Zoido

Leicester won’t stay there.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.

6/10

You went in a bit too deep with this one.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
If Newcastle get Poch or Rafa and back them I don’t think it will take too long before they’re at least in the EL. Shame for Steve Bruce who was doing an excellent job.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I'm looking forward to the influx of cocky Geordies joining the forum over the coming months.

:rolleyes:

If Newcastle get Poch or Rafa and back them I don’t think it will take too long before they’re at least in the EL. Shame for Steve Bruce who was doing an excellent job.
Only purely results wise. Their football is actually horrific to watch, by far the worst in the league and completely unsustainable. Stats are far from everything but it's telling they're last in pretty much every meaningful attacking metric. I watch every one of their games and it was only a matter of time till their luck started running out. Thankfully right before pandemic hit it seemed Bruce had figured out that he couldn't play a 541 with the players he had and the football was getting better.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

What makes you think Leicester will stay a top 4 team?

Status
Not open for further replies.