Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Name

He's a prize cnut in fairness... refusing to shake your managers hand after he subs you is so fecking childish and unprofessional.
I agree with that but going about how he's getting Poch out already is a bit overstreched.

Real Name

It would line up with rumours about him at Barca in fairness.
Yeah, he was the main man there, now things a bit different he acts out. A bit different is just a tiny, miny sub.

And those faces, like a kid who was pun in a corner cause he was bad. :lol:

KingCavani

An elite manager should be able to handle big ego's otherwise he's not cut out for the job at this level
That’s ridiculous. By this logic Tuchel isn’t cut out for this level as he was chased out of the same club.

A lot of modern management is the status of the manager in the game. If they’re unproven or relatively unknown then players will generally be unresponsive regardless. Poch isn’t quite that but he’s definitely at a higher level than he’s ever been, asking a lot of players who may not give a shit what he says.

Raven

Yeah, he was the main man there, now things a bit different he acts out. A bit different is just a tiny, miny sub.

And those faces, like a kid who was pun in a corner cause he was bad. :lol:
Whether he's the new guy or not, he'll have an awful lot of sway at PSG. But I agree, it's probably too early to be claiming he's getting Poch sacked.

Yeah, it's weird how Ronaldo was usually made out to be the wanker over the years when Messi appears to be by far the bigger dickhead.

Real Name

Whether he's the new guy or not, he'll have an awful lot of sway at PSG. But I agree, it's probably too early to be claiming he's getting Poch sacked.

Yeah, it's weird how Ronaldo was usually made out to be the wanker over the years when Messi appears to be by far the bigger dickhead.
Yeah. Ronaldo didnt make a single thing about being subbed, he did have some face on the bench but that face maybe isnt him being angry. Not only that he's been acting like a leader from day one and bringing confidence and good atmosphere among the players.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

This. Ronaldo was by many made out to be some diving, whiny egomainiac where as Messi was just a down to earth guy who got on with playing football

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Yeah. Ronaldo didnt make a single thing about being subbed, he did have some face on the bench but that face maybe isnt him being angry. Not only that he's been acting like a leader from day one and bringing confidence and good atmosphere among the players.
Thing is where do you direct your anger? Every top player should be unhappy when subbed off, but you should always keep the respect for your manager and ask yourself why he does not see you fit to help the team in that moment, not act like Messi did.

crossy1686

career ending
That’s ridiculous. By this logic Tuchel isn’t cut out for this level as he was chased out of the same club.

A lot of modern management is the status of the manager in the game. If they’re unproven or relatively unknown then players will generally be unresponsive regardless. Poch isn’t quite that but he’s definitely at a higher level than he’s ever been, asking a lot of players who may not give a shit what he says.
Tuchel fell out with the board, he had a hard time managing Neymar but that didn't get him fired. Pochettino can't even relate to Messi, Neymar or anyone in that team, he's never won a trophy outside of the French charity shield. Why should these players listen to him or respect him? Because he knows about passing triangles?

EtH

Tuchel fell out with the board, he had a hard time managing Neymar but that didn't get him fired. Pochettino can't even relate to Messi, Neymar or anyone in that team, he's never won a trophy outside of the French charity shield. Why should these players listen to him or respect him? Because he knows about passing triangles?
Tuchel had one domestic cup to his name when he joined PSG. So by your logic he shouldn’t have been respected or listened to either.

But the truth of the matter is that these pampered prima donnas should just wind their necks in and do their fecking jobs.

crossy1686

career ending
Tuchel had one domestic cup to his name when he joined PSG. So by your logic he shouldn’t have been respected or listened to either.

But the truth of the matter is that these pampered prima donnas should just wind their necks in and do their fecking jobs.
You're right, they absolutely should, but when Tuchel joined they weren't a team that had Messi in it otherwise he'd have fallen by the wayside also.

These players don't need a coach, they need a manager. There's nothing a former coach from Tottenham can show or tell them about football or in game management they don't already know, they've won everything multiple times. They need someone who has a bigger ego and bigger balls than they have. Conte, Allegri, Zidane, Ancelotti etc

EtH

You're right, they absolutely should, but when Tuchel joined they weren't a team that had Messi in it otherwise he'd have fallen by the wayside also.

These players don't need a coach, they need a manager. There's nothing a former coach from Tottenham can show or tell them about football or in game management they don't already know, they've won everything multiple times. They need someone who has a bigger ego and bigger balls than they have. Conte, Allegri, Zidane, Ancelotti etc
I don’t know. This group of players will require some clever tactics to perform I feel. So maybe they should just listen to Poch.

Although I would absolutely love for PSG to hire Conte. That would be interesting to say the least.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If Messi has a beef with Poch then thats really bad. They come from the same country ffs.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

I don't think it is that simple. Yes, a lot of the players at PSG have already won big titles. Nonetheless they are all professionals and should be open for new input as the game constantly evolves and tactics that worked five years ago might not work well today.

Players will follow a coach in whose ideas they trust. It might help him if he has won stuff before, but that is no guarantee. Just look at how the players chased Ancelotti out of Munich because they did not trust his methods, while the players at PSG did in general seem to like Tuchel and followed his plans.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Ronaldo camp is quick to pounce on this.

Poison dwarf. I mean, what the hell. :lol:
All he’s missing is a little moustache the little dictator. It’s his way or the highway.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Thing is where do you direct your anger? Every top player should be unhappy when subbed off, but you should always keep the respect for your manager and ask yourself why he does not see you fit to help the team in that moment, not act like Messi did.
It's not the best behavior but most managers (especially former players) understand players' frustrations with being subbed off. I've seen Mane, Aguero, a few others do it. The managers always say it's no big deal.

Gonçalo Motta

An elite manager should be able to handle big ego's otherwise he's not cut out for the job at this level
Not really? When you have Neymar, Mbappe and Messi in the same team, there's probably 1 or 2 managers in the world that could somewhat stop those egos to implode. Does that mean that everyone else is not an elite manager?

Mourinho is/was an elite manager and he is fking trash dealing with players with a big ego, Zidane on the other hand seems to be a great manager for players with a big ego but tactically wise I can't recall anyone saying he was elite (he is not bad either tbf).

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It's not the best behavior but most managers (especially former players) understand players' frustrations with being subbed off. I've seen Mane, Aguero, a few others do it. The managers always say it's no big deal.
I'd bet all of this players did shake hands with their managers later when leaving the stadium or something like that.

Only some players are under suspicion to run to the board to complain about that, Messi is one of them.

Real Name

Yup, agreed.

BerryBerryShrew

Not really? When you have Neymar, Mbappe and Messi in the same team, there's probably 1 or 2 managers in the world that could somewhat stop those egos to implode. Does that mean that everyone else is not an elite manager?

Mourinho is/was an elite manager and he is fking trash dealing with players with a big ego, Zidane on the other hand seems to be a great manager for players with a big ego but tactically wise I can't recall anyone saying he was elite (he is not bad either tbf).
Zidane was a more charismatic player and is a more charismatic presence today than Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar combined. Players would certainly listen to him and respect him more than Pochettino. And then you throw 3 consecutive CL's as manager on top of that and you have a guy who can definitely command a dressing room.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t know. This group of players will require some clever tactics to perform I feel. So maybe they should just listen to Poch.

Although I would absolutely love for PSG to hire Conte. That would be interesting to say the least.
Thing for me is that Poch is a fundamentally terrible fit - his teams are characterised by hard work off the ball in terms of pressing and breaking forward quickly. How the feck is he going to get that front 3 to buy into that?

Tuchel is much more of a chameleon - he has a long track record of adapting his tactics to the personnel he has available. Poch has only ever demonstrated that he knows one way to play and it's incongruent with who they currently have.

RUCK4444

Thing for me is that Poch is a fundamentally terrible fit - his teams are characterised by hard work off the ball in terms of pressing and breaking forward quickly. How the feck is he going to get that front 3 to buy into that?

Tuchel is much more of a chameleon - he has a long track record of adapting his tactics to the personnel he has available. Poch has only ever demonstrated that he knows one way to play and it's incongruent with who they currently have.
Yeah I’ve thought the same about Poch, the players he has and the system to get them on the pitch together don’t really suit his default style.

Messi will get him the sack before long anyway.

Gandalf

Zidane was a more charismatic player and is a more charismatic presence today than Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar combined. Players would certainly listen to him and respect him more than Pochettino. And then you throw 3 consecutive CL's as manager on top of that and you have a guy who can definitely command a dressing room.
I would think Zidane could control that dressing room but the belief has long been that he would rather be stranded on a desert island with Gareth Bale than manage PSG. I don't know all of the ins and outs but a number of people close to Zidane such as Frank Leboeuf have been pretty emphatic that he would not be interested in the job.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Tactical set up well and organized the defense effectively enough to limit city goalscorer chances. He will have a big problem with that front three though. Neymar doesn't score enough, mbappe feels like he is bigger than he is and Messi doesn't offer no support off the ball. Amongst other things, they will not live up to their hype if they don't resolve a few issues. The only solution is what he did today, putting a lot of workhorse in midfield and hoping that their individual quality brings in a moment of magic.

Regardless, Pochettino is unbeated so far this season. He is an amazing manager and should have been managing United.

Robbie Boy

Tactical set up well and organized the defense effectively enough to limit city goalscorer chances. He will have a big problem with that front three though. Neymar doesn't score enough, mbappe feels like he is bigger than he is and Messi doesn't offer no support off the ball. Amongst other things, they will not live up to their hype if they don't resolve a few issues. The only solution is what he did today, putting a lot of workhorse in midfield and hoping that their individual quality brings in a moment of magic.

Regardless, Pochettino is unbeated so far this season. He is an amazing manager and should have been managing United.
I'm shocked you bumped this :lol:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You have Messi ,Neymar and Mbappe and you just park the bus. He isn't going to stay at PSG for very long time. May be he isn't good at managing star players.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

:confused:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
You have Messi ,Neymar and Mbappe and you just park the bus. He isn't going to stay at PSG for very long time. May be he isn't good at managing star players.
:lol: you sound like real football is like fifa video game. Messi, neymar, and mbappe are stars names, but for an effective team, you need more than just star names. Put down the controller and go manager a real football team

jamesjimmybyrondean

The Park the bus and counter tactic worked today but Psg are not combining well. The players are always too far apart from each other

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Fairly certain City should have got something out of that game!
Ligue 1 is the weakest it's been for several years, would be shocked if PSG don't go through the season unbeaten, they really should.
Will be very surprised if PSG get much against City at the Etihad if the play like that again.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
:lol: you sound like real football is like fifa video game. Messi, neymar, and mbappe are stars names, but for an effective team, you need more than just star names. Put down the controller and go manager a real football team
Funny, you say that you need more than just star names yet your boy sticked with those star names today. He just don't have the balls to pick the right team and play a dominant game.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Fairly certain City should have got something out of that game!
Ligue 1 is the weakest it's been for several years, would be shocked if PSG don't go through the season unbeaten, they really should.
Will be very surprised if PSG get much against City at the Etihad if the play like that again.
:lol:

slored1

Nothing special by PSG tonight. Great games by Donnarumma and Gueye, the rest were meh. Expect more of them in the later stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.