Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
:lol: I never said that! And here we are again with the extremes. Do you lot never get bored of being all or nothing?

I said there's nothing a former coach of those clubs can tell a trio of Neymar, Messi and Mbappe in regards to movement, goal scoring or link up play. It's like Benitez telling Ronaldo how to take free kicks all over again.
Poch was highly regarded at spurs. That is why he got the psg job. Many top managers knew him and lots of players respected him. I am not sure what you are on about, that there is nothing a former coach of these club can tell that trio.

I understand that you don't like poch, but at least don't spout nonsense in this thread. As other indicated, many top managers started small and then went on to bigger jobs. So, your point especially towards poch as at spurs he was well known, is irrelevant.

crossy1686

career ending
Poch was highly regarded at spurs. That is why he got the psg job. Many top managers knew him and lots of players respected him. I am not sure what you are on about, that there is nothing a former coach of these club can tell that trio.

I understand that you don't like poch, but at least don't spout nonsense in this thread. As other indicated, many top managers started small and then went on to bigger jobs. So, your point especially towards poch as at spurs he was well known, is irrelevant.
That comment was based on people like you who were practically gushing over their movement yesterday as if they were lumps of wood before he arrived. Don't make this about my apparent dislike for Pochettino as I happen to think he's a good coach/manager.

tomaldinho1

:lol: I never said that! And here we are again with the extremes. Do you lot never get bored of being all or nothing?

I said there's nothing a former coach of those clubs can tell a trio of Neymar, Messi and Mbappe in regards to movement, goal scoring or link up play. It's like Benitez telling Ronaldo how to take free kicks all over again.
Who is 'you lot', I'm just pulling you up on very poor quality post?

Pochettino was a professional footballer, he's also managed what 500 top flight games and managed probably thousands of players, it doesn't matter if you rate him or not, he's going to have good knowledge of the game and be able to advise players of all levels about attacking aspects of the game. Same goes for any top flight coach.

Let's take Messi - the least ridiculous option given he is the best/most experienced - where do you think he learned his movement, goal scoring and link up play? He didn't hatch out of an egg with that tactical knowledge he's been non stop learning it until today and it's constantly changing and evolving. He's probably picked up and discarded or taken parts of stuff from everyone since he was playing in the streets, now he's got new midfielders behind him, some players he knows and new tactics and that's not even factoring in a new league and opposition, you really think Messi will be out there scouting opposition teams and their tactics and working out which players to target or weaknesses in a defence??

Poch isn't giving him 2 hour seminars on how to trap and control the ball but he'll have stuff for him to work on and particularly for the front three as a unit to work on, that's as basic as it gets.

Talking of movement, I'm pretty sure even the most amateur coach could teach Mbappe something about watching a defensive line given his penchant for offsides.

lloyd2wayne

Doesn’t Ronaldo suck at free kicks now? So why would it be weird if Benitez told him to take it a different way all over again?
Even us fans don’t want him taking free kicks.

Your point is weird. If he is a great coach of course Messi, Neymar and Mbappe will learn from him. You making it sound like those three are the holy grail.

If that was the case then it’s only pretty much only two coaches in the world now that can train them, isn’t that so or they might as well not have a coach because there’s nothing they can learn at this point.

Suedesi

I thought he got totally out-thought and out-played by Guardiola. On the balance of play City were good value for at least a draw - then Messi did what he did which killed the match. A team with more firepower (Bayern, Liverpool, dare I say United) could have scored 2-3 last night.

Poch hasn't found a way to get Neymar and Mbappe to defend as unit, they essentially become disinterested once the opposing team has the ball. How he solves that will determine the season for PSG (in the CL).

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Poch hasn't found a way to get Neymar and Mbappe to defend as unit, they essentially become disinterested once the opposing team has the ball. How he solves that will determine the season for PSG (in the CL).
That's just not true for Neymar it was pretty obvious yesterday to anyone who paid attention.

Teja

That's just not true for Neymar it was pretty obvious yesterday to anyone who paid attention.
Bit of a chess game - When to track the fullback vs When to stay up and pose the counter attack threat and I thought he did that pretty well. I think Neymar tracked Walker almost every single time when he came forward but mostly left Mahrez 1v1 against the LB with Gueye dropping left to support.

Still, Mbappe and Messi are fairly lightweight defensively and another day that game would've been 2-1 City. I don't think there's a reasonable way to get Messi, Mbappe and Neymar into the same side and wouldn't judge Poch based on his failings there.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Bit of a chess game - When to track the fullback vs When to stay up and pose the counter attack threat and I thought he did that pretty well. I think Neymar tracked Walker almost every single time when he came forward but mostly left Mahrez 1v1 against the LB with Gueye dropping left to support.

Still, Mbappe and Messi are fairly lightweight defensively and another day that game would've been 2-1 City. I don't think there's a reasonable way to get Messi, Mbappe and Neymar into the same side and wouldn't judge Poch based on his failings there.
Of course it is, you can't ask Neymar to track back 90m far from the goal. Often Gueye took his place on the side and he'd be more in the center of the pitch.

1st stat is successful press (3rd after Gueye and Verratti), 2nd stat is ball recovered (1st).

Suedesi

Of course it is, you can't ask Neymar to track back 90m far from the goal. Often Gueye took his place on the side and he'd be more in the center of the pitch.

1st stat is successful press (3rd after Gueye and Verratti), 2nd stat is ball recovered (1st).

I saw the match, Neymar was barely moving when you didn't have the ball, and Mbappe was the same. City played better than say last April in the semifinals, yet they lost last night and won then - that's football.

I'll tell you what - the quality of passing for PSG at times was beyond superb, much better than anything City could muster. It was on another level. The ingredients are there, in Messi, Neymar, Verratti, Mbappe, Hakimi, Donnaruma, (Sergio Ramos) there is some amazing quality there - now the challenge is to show it not in glimpses but through longer passages of play /throughout the match.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Il est temps de partir, Robbie.

OleBoiii

Rennes was in 15th place and just 3 points above the relegation zone before this game :p

PSG will win the league anyways, though. It would take an unheard level of incompetence and/or a dressing room mutiny of the highest order to not win the league 2 years in a row.

mu4c_20le

0 shots on target with a Neymar, Messi, MBappe and Di Maria front line.

What :lol:

izec

They are still far ahead and will win the league anyway. It is the CL that counts more. Only the trophy matters

InfiniteBoredom

He’s not prepared to make the hard decisions right now, it’s probably impossible to coach that front 3 to run and press as hard as he would like, but you don’t compound the issue by putting Di Maria as well into the mix.

This isn’t in the danger zone yet, Enrique struggled for a while to work out MSN, but that trio had probably 3 times the work rate of the current PSG trio, in addition to a superior midfield in possession.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
They are still far ahead and will win the league anyway. It is the CL that counts more. Only the trophy matters
So, they are some sort of Jeckyl & Hyde club? Losing 2-0 to Rennes but they are supposed to knock the likes of Bayern or City in the UCL in a few months? They want to win the UCL, not the Ligue1, and they are out of shape.

Poch's PSG is not taking off, simple as that, and this Messi is the 2019-2021 Messi, not even the 2016-2019 one.

Thiagoal

I can see a lot of PSG’s problems are similar to our own. A squad packed full of superstars but not necessarily the correct chemistry to make a functioning team.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Mauricio Pochettino WAS an interesting coach when he managed Espanyol and then Southampton in terms of that he was BRAVE enough to employ very aggressive high press and attacking football no mather what the opponent was. During the years at Tottenham and because of the pressure to get results he transitioned into a very conservative almost old school italian type of coach. His tactics are very defensive especially in the big games and not suited to the type of players he has at PSG. He should be sacked as soon as possible if they want to win the CL.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
Why do people get so obsessive over certain players or managers in football? In this thread you have amadaeus, years ago there was some guy obsessed with kagawa. The Ronaldo and messi threads show crazy levels of obsession.

I get being a fan of someone but why is there such unhealthy levels of hero worship?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I don’t get how a team of those players don’t just beat Rennes.

football is mad.
They should be cleaning everyone out. It is crazy. Maybe the players want the manager gone?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Oh yeah Mad_Winger or something, horrible memories.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Why do people get so obsessive over certain players or managers in football? In this thread you have amadaeus, years ago there was some guy obsessed with kagawa. The Ronaldo and messi threads show crazy levels of obsession.

I get being a fan of someone but why is there such unhealthy levels of hero worship?
Too much time. But Messi and Ronaldoare greats of the modern era.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
They gave all they had against City who was still the better team (and should have won) in that game despite having 3 players (the 3 forwards) who played extremely poorly.

Still crazy that they lost to Rennes though.

Nigel Refalo

Not surprising. I Watched them struggle against newly promoted Troyes and also have been winning games at the death against Lyon and Metz... they Also struggled against Brugge in the champions League. Unfortunately there isn't a single team ready to challenge them in ligue 1 this season. Marseille will drop points against Lille today!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
PSG should let Poch to build the team with his own players and image.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
@Amadaeus

How was he today?
Not surprised that most of ole-inner are only looking at the results and dont have the ability to analyze the performance. You notice them a lot in this thread with their one liner and lack of deduction in football relates thread.

Psg played well. Messi created a lot of chances, Mbappe and Neymar couldn’t finish to save their life today. As I stated before, I m not sure what is up with Neymar finishing. He is one of the most technical gifted player in footbal, but when it comes to finishing, he is like Heskey. Mbappe could have scored 5 goals today. Even though, those front three are talented, they need to more clinical. If Mbappe or Neymar finished those easier earlier chances, they easily win this game.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Could say the same about us on numerous occasions this season.
Like us, their squad balance is shit and they lack a manager good enough or senior enough to bench players for the sake of composition.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Not surprised that most of ole-inner are only looking at the results and dont have the ability to analyze the performance. You notice them a lot in this thread with their one liner and lack of deduction in football relates thread.

Psg played well. Messi created a lot of chances, Mbappe and Neymar couldn’t finish to save their life today. As I stated before, I m not sure what is up with Neymar finishing. He is one of the most technical gifted player in footbal, but when it comes to finishing, he is like Heskey. Mbappe could have scored 5 goals today. Even though, those front three are talented, they need to more clinical. If Mbappe or Neymar finished those easier earlier chances, they easily win this game.
When Di Maria starts, their balance issues are even bigger. Poch will really have to be braver and bench one of the 4 at the start of most games and play a hard working midfielder instead.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
stars aligning for Zidane to manage PSG.
I mean, it seems perfect for so many reasons. I’m not really a Poch guy, I think he has ability as a coach but a tendency to fall short. He’s a perennial runner up. I was suprised that he survived not winning the league last season; I think he was saved by a decent (though not spectacular) CL campaign.

Nevertheless, I thought he’d be able to get the job done with this array of talent. However, in watching the team, they always seem to lack cohesion and the football is not good to watch. Also question marks re people being played out of position. They’ve won nearly all their games but the performances have generally not been good. And that always catches up with you. On top of that, they concede so many goals.

Some are saying that it was a mistake to sack Tuchel as quickly as they did. I can see that reasoning but I’m not sure. His heavy-handed approach to man- management is tough to sustain with these massively egotistical and accomplished players (Messi included). This is where Zidane comes in. He is a master at that kind of stuff.

It’s still very early and PSG have gotten results but there’s a lot of work to do to improve the performances and stop leaking goals. I still think we’ll see the best of them after Christmas, whether it’s under Poch or someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.