Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
So, assuming the dont win the league, thats him out already, isn't it?
The league has to be the bare minimum at that club, and they've been found out today.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
I've see a lot of the poorer parts of Poch's Spurs in the PSG game tonight - slow build up, then in the final 3rd no-one shows for it, the pass goes back to the half way line and up the other flank in the same way, and then back until possession is lost.

When you watch managers on the youtube Masterclass videos, they talk about things like this. I'm no manager or tactician myself, but hopefully I'm able to pass comment enough to say that I just don't see that same level of intelligence in the way the teams are set up.

I'd go as far as saying Poch manages like a guy who has downloaded a cheat tactic and doesn't really know how to cope when the other team have it matched.

Roboc7

Pochettino can't be blamed for PSG being behind against City. However, his team is playing as though they have never watched a Man City defeat. I am not, nor will I ever be, the coach that Pochettino is. However, I can tell you from seeing us and Chelsea and Leeds beat City lately that, if you want to have a chance, you gotta maximise your opportunities on transition. His attackers' tendecy to slow it down, give City time to get back in numbers and compress space is killing PSG. If, after half time, we don't see evidence of PSG dawdling less and being more direct you have to question his reputation for tactics and patterns of play.
I think likes of Neymar don’t pay any attention to tactics or quick transitions.

Poch and PSG are a really bad fit I’ve never understood why he went there as it’s not going to enhance his reputation.

mu4c_20le

City have strong wide attackers. He pushes his fullbacks up leaving the CBs exposed to a 4 on 2 counter.

Wayne's World

Yeah I was a massive fan of his but tonight I think he's not good enough to be a top level manager to win things consistently

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
After such a promising first half in the first leg, to fizzle out to this is dreadful.

Sylar

Reminds me of his spurs team when things weren't going their way and they just started being childish thugs

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
And people genuinely want this bum to manage us. Never mind taking 4-6 points from City, we'd automatically start every season 6 points behind them. Not to mention his shit away record against other top teams.

He is a complete bottle job of a manager. And his teams turn into butchers the moment they go down in games. A colossally overrated manager.

always_hoping

The most over rated manager in the game at the moment and the English media mostly to blame for that nonsense.

If PSG don't win the low hanging fruit that is the French league this season Poch will be sacked.

BlueHaze

I'm always honest on here and I was one of the guys who wanted him in favor of Ole at many points. I did however make multiple posts about how worrying it was that he never actually got close to winning anything at Spurs and tbh with the way things are going at PSG since his arrival it looks like we dodged a bullet. So at the moment in seems like those of you who said we should never appoint him were correct.

spiriticon

So, out of the CL and making an absolute meal out of Ligue 1.

Can't say I'm overly impressed.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
His players are terrible sore losers, he’s a bluffer who carries no respect

DavidDeSchmikes

Could still go trophyless
Still in a close league race with Lille
In the cup semis, with a potential final against Monaco
Out of CL

cjj

Supports
Spurs
I think likes of Neymar don’t pay any attention to tactics or quick transitions.

Poch and PSG are a really bad fit I’ve never understood why he went there as it’s not going to enhance his reputation.
I assume:
a) because he's close to them, as an ex-captain
b) easy league title on the CV, innit. Wait...

RedDevil@84

Does he train them to act like c**ts. His Spurs team used to kick everyone when things didn't go their way.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Could still go trophyless
Still in a close league race with Lille
In the cup semis, with a potential final against Monaco
Out of CL
Didn't they win something in his first game in January? a cup of some sort

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No shame in losing to City, but Jesus Christ, this was a horrible performance.

0 shots on target, Icardi stayed on way too long, subs were horrible. Also, every person knows the most likely way to score against City is on transitions. PSG's attacking transitions were horrible - slow, directionless.

The people on this thread who champion Poch, if Ole had pulled this off, he'd be crucified, and rightly so

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The most over rated manager in the game at the moment and the English media mostly to blame for that nonsense.

If PSG don't win the low hanging fruit that is the French league this season Poch will be sacked.
Genuinely interested to see if any of the journalists who did everything they could to get Ole the sack for Poch will admit they might've been wrong. Where were the tactics they wrote about? Where were the in game changes? Where was keeping the team's heads right?

Someone tell me where the patterns of play were tonight.

Was Pochettino's half time talk just; "sweep the leg"?
NO MERCY! :lol:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Genuinely interested to see if any of the journalists who did everything they could to get Ole the sack for Poch will admit they might've been wrong. Where were the tactics they wrote about? Where were the in game changes? Where was keeping the team's heads right?

Someone tell me where the patterns of play were tonight.

NO MERCY! :lol:
@Amadaeus ?

Eddy_JukeZ

I'm not anti Poch but that win over one of the worst sides in Barca's modern history really hyped him up to insane levels
They were pretty lucky in the 2nd leg too.

If Messi scores that pen, you never know...

Poltophagy

A bottler can only win when he's facing an even bigger bottler. That's why Tottenham never win but Pep sometimes does.

Dinghy

Just check his stats away against the top 6 during his time in England and you'll find all you need to know about his tactical abilities.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Have never and will never understand how PSG's board thought he was an upgrade over Tuchel. Maybe more willing to accept their excuses and poor squad building, I suppose.

Eddy_JukeZ

Have never and will never understand how PSG's board thought he was an upgrade over Tuchel. Maybe more willing to accept their excuses and poor squad building, I suppose.
They didn't think that though.

Tuchel and Leonardo didn't have a good relationship.

lysglimt

Scout
As much as I hate seeing City win - I enjoy watching Pochettino making a mess out of yet another team. Especially after all the debates I have had her with people claiming he is a much better manager than OGS.

AshRK

No way can he lose the league now. It was always a wrong fit and his career could take a beating like emery's did.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
They didn't think that though.

Tuchel and Leonardo didn't have a good relationship.
Fair enough, if that relationship had deteriorated to the point where an obvious managerial downgrade was acceptable. Still think it's mad that much of this was because PSG didn't want to give Silva a new contract when clearly he still has much to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.