Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

always_hoping

Genuinely interested to see if any of the journalists who did everything they could to get Ole the sack for Poch will admit they might've been wrong. Where were the tactics they wrote about? Where were the in game changes? Where was keeping the team's heads right?

Someone tell me where the patterns of play were tonight.

NO MERCY! :lol:
Yes especially a certain Mr Luckhurst

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
If he doesn't win the league things will get uncomfortably salty for him real quick I'm sure. Wonder too who of the prima Donna's there will be the first to throw him under the bus.

R77

In his defence, I struggle to think of any current managers that could get that team over the line tbf. A load of entitled stroppy poseurs that think they're already at the pinnacle. When they get beaten it's like they're in shock that someone had the temerity to do it. A Conte would have them in complete revolt.

Was never really into the idea of him being a United manager, but PSG seems a horrible job.

alexthelion

As much as I hate seeing City win - I enjoy watching Pochettino making a mess out of yet another team. Especially after all the debates I have had her with people claiming he is a much better manager than OGS.
Same.

You love to see it.

Dominos

So pleased we have Ole at the wheel and not Poch. Spurs fluked there way to a CL final and bottled it, PSG can’t even do that. Pathetic. (Btw, Neymar my ass)
This rhetoric would make a bit of sense if Ole had managed to progress out the CL group stage.

Marwood

Why is there so much heat towards him?

He's been there four month. That team needs a transformation of some kind.

Idxomer

He's obviously a good manager but this PSG team and their squad are really average. We have a better and more balanced team than them.

Their 2 stars also have the habit of getting injured before crucial games.

Never wanted him at United though at any point because I found his Spurs team to be nothing special despite their good results and top 4 finishes.

Dominos

Because a manager being rated is taken as an indirect criticism as Ole, even if Ole has nothing to do with how a manager is rated. Tuchel, Bielsa and Poch are all on the Caf's hated list for this reason, their threads are bumped every time their team has a bad result - it's a bit pathetic if we're being honest and the sort of thing you'd expect to see on RAWK and bluemoon. We've even had the same happen to Pep during City's bad periods ("Pep Guardiola is my idol") and Klopp too. I don't think there's a manager in the game that the Caf actually rates, they're all overrated hipsters or taking easy jobs with huge financial backing.

Eddy_JukeZ

In his defence, I struggle to think of any current managers that could get that team over the line tbf. A load of entitled stroppy poseurs that think they're already at the pinnacle. When they get beaten it's like they're in shock that someone had the temerity to do it. A Conte would have them in complete revolt.

Was never really into the idea of him being a United manager, but PSG seems a horrible job.
They made the final last season.

Halftrack

A lot of it is from the fact that a section of posters on here spent ages being condescending pricks to anyone who'd rather Ole be given the chance to finish what he started than to sack him and bring in Poch. Poch, we were told, would immediately have the team play swashbuckling football with a clear plan and we'd easily challenge for the big trophies. Unlike Ole, who's smiling, clueless clown that plays counter-attacking football and relies on moments of individual brilliance to keep him in the job, and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

He went to PSG, after four months he still hasn't managed to put any kind of stamp on the team, they're ironically extremely dependent on moments of individual brilliance, and in today's defeat he showed a staggering level of tactical naïvité.

And, like all things that get over-hyped, people get sick as of it and start wishing it'll go away so they can stop hearing about it. Plenty of people don't actually give a shit about Poch, they're just tired of the same posters popping into threads (or better yet, starting them) to tell us that we made a mistake in not sacking Ole and hiring Poch.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
This rhetoric would make a bit of sense if Ole had managed to progress out the CL group stage.
Nothing to do with Ole, everything to do with Fraudettino. I think you’ll find it was Tuchel who qualified PSG for the knockouts, the same guy that is in tomorrow’s semi with Chelsea. Oh, and Ole is about to win his European competition.

SAFMUTD

As much as PSG is not what it used to be he did really feck up tonight. How the feck do you actually bench Mbappe, and even after making 5 subs you leave him on the bench? really poor display from PSG.

Eternitiy

Why is there a weird amount of dislike for Pochettino? He's a true gentleman and a very good manager who helped develop our best player when he was manage at Southampton. There is no shame in losing to Manchester City, who sadly are the best team currently in world football.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Rustyspider13

I was really rooting for Pochettino tonight. It was always going to be difficult but the way PSG lost was pathetic. It looks to me that he commands no authority in this PSG team, hasn't managed to get the players on board at all. There was no plan B and that is not a sign of an elite manager. PSG will need some kind of reshuffle in the summer. For Poch's sake I hope he's there to see it.

RyRoc

He was perfect for the Arsenal job imo - rebuild a team with talented young players and very little pressure of winning trophies. He would be have been able to implement his style and discipline over the club with a long term vision and have a strong influence on signings. I wonder if he regrets the comments about not managing your rivals as this PSG role (and teams generally with already made top players where instant success is needed doesn’t really suit his philosophy). Even an Everton would have suited him better than PSG.

Marwood

A lot of it is from the fact that a section of posters on here spent ages being condescending pricks to anyone who'd rather Ole be given the chance to finish what he started than to sack him and bring in Poch. Poch, we were told, would immediately have the team play swashbuckling football with a clear plan and we'd easily challenge for the big trophies. Unlike Ole, who's smiling, clueless clown that plays counter-attacking football and relies on moments of individual brilliance to keep him in the job, and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

He went to PSG, after four months he still hasn't managed to put any kind of stamp on the team, they're ironically extremely dependent on moments of individual brilliance, and in today's defeat he showed a staggering level of tactical naïvité.

And, like all things that get over-hyped, people get sick as of it and start wishing it'll go away so they can stop hearing about it. Plenty of people don't actually give a shit about Poch, they're just tired of the same posters popping into threads (or better yet, starting them) to tell us that we made a mistake in not sacking Ole and hiring Poch.
Using his 4 months at PSG to say anything seems a little short sighted. As bad as those who didn't want to give a Ole chance.

Sounds like they're all doing the same thing to me, writing off managers after a very short period of time.

Eddy_JukeZ

As much as PSG is not what it used to be he did really feck up tonight. How the feck do you actually bench Mbappe, and even after making 5 subs you leave him on the bench? really poor display from PSG.
Mbappe wasn't fit mate.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Getting found out. He will be managing Fiorentina in 3 years.

RORY65

I think Mbappe was there mostly as mind games, at best to bring on for 5-10 minutes if they needed a goal but the game was gone by that stage, there's no way he wouldn't have started if he was anywhere close to being fit. It was textbook PSG in Europe and actually very Spursy the way they lost their way (and their discipline) as things went against them having started the game reasonably well.

Dominos

Nothing to do with Ole, everything to do with Fraudettino. I think you’ll find it was Tuchel who qualified PSG for the knockouts, the same guy that is in tomorrow’s semi with Chelsea. Oh, and Ole is about to win his European competition.
It has everything do with Ole when you mentioned him in your original post. Pochettino has actually qualified from the CL group stages before, and reached a CL semi and CL final. Ole's trick for not being seen to bottle the CL is by getting nowhere near the latter stages, failing to get through the group stage in the first place and instead having a crack at the 2nd rate european trophy, very clever.

Fraudettino? Are you 12?

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I think Mbappe was there mostly as mind games, at best to bring on for 5-10 minutes if they needed a goal but the game was gone by that stage, there's no way he wouldn't have started if he was anywhere close to being fit. It was textbook PSG in Europe and actually very Spursy the way they lost their way (and their discipline) as things went against them having started the game reasonably well.
Yeah, I said PSG were a glorified Spuds the other day and some people got really upset about it. Proclaimed that my views are what happens when people lap up Brexit ideals/media spin.

Eddy_JukeZ

So why was he on the bench then? I can understand he wasnt fit enough to play the entire game, but if not able to play at all why was him on the bench?
Mind games and maybe he could have played 5-10 minutes if the tie could be salvaged.

SAFMUTD

Mind games and maybe he could have played 5-10 minutes if the tie could be salvaged.
I dont think those mind games would have worked, but I understand Poch not risking him when the tie was clearly over.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Why is there a weird amount of dislike for Pochettino? He's a true gentleman and a very good manager who helped develop our best player when he was manage at Southampton. There is no shame in losing to Manchester City, who sadly are the best team currently in world football.
This is key.

A lot of people are castigating him for "not countering". As if City's magical kryptonite is just running at them.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
No shame in losing to City, but Jesus Christ, this was a horrible performance.

0 shots on target, Icardi stayed on way too long, subs were horrible. Also, every person knows the most likely way to score against City is on transitions. PSG's attacking transitions were horrible - slow, directionless.

The people on this thread who champion Poch, if Ole had pulled this off, he'd be crucified, and rightly so
This does not apply this season.

el3mel

He lost in CL semi final against one of the best teams and the undoubtedly best manager in current football. Must mean he's shit.

RooneyLegend

Lost the tie in the first leg when his side became under pressure and he couldn't make any adjustments at all.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
This game was over when they lost to City at home. City really are up there in terms of best teams in world football. 13 points clear at the top, been runners up or winners past 3 or 4 years in one of the toughest leagues out there. You look at City's bench and think most of them would walk into other teams in the top four.

always_hoping

Nail on head.

Cast5

Bang on.

CM10

Yep, although I think this is more symptomatic of the negative feeling towards Solskjaer than anything specific to Poch. There were similar threads popping up about Nagelsmann and God knows who else anytime there was even a hint of poor form.

Solskjaer actually doesn't get enough credit for what he's done at United, on here or in the wider media. I don't think that will ever change either, he's proved people wrong for 2-3 years and still there seems to be this belief that everything has just fallen into place for him and the collapse is right around the corner.

Re Poch, I was a fan at Spurs but think he cocked up big time tonight. The tactics seemed off and he should've done better with the players he has available to him. The PSG players losing their heads and going kamikaze at the end was reminiscent of the Spurs-Chelsea game all those years ago and suggests he still hasn't got a grasp of his players' emotions.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
The last time his team had a shot on target against City was in the 28 mins of the first leg apperently that's 156 mins without getting a shot on target.

mu4c_20le

Some people were acting like we missed out on the next Klopp when he went to PSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.