Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strelok

A lot of it is from the fact that a section of posters on here spent ages being condescending pricks to anyone who'd rather Ole be given the chance to finish what he started than to sack him and bring in Poch. Poch, we were told, would immediately have the team play swashbuckling football with a clear plan and we'd easily challenge for the big trophies. Unlike Ole, who's smiling, clueless clown that plays counter-attacking football and relies on moments of individual brilliance to keep him in the job, and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

He went to PSG, after four months he still hasn't managed to put any kind of stamp on the team, they're ironically extremely dependent on moments of individual brilliance, and in today's defeat he showed a staggering level of tactical naïvité.

And, like all things that get over-hyped, people get sick as of it and start wishing it'll go away so they can stop hearing about it. Plenty of people don't actually give a shit about Poch, they're just tired of the same posters popping into threads (or better yet, starting them) to tell us that we made a mistake in not sacking Ole and hiring Poch.
Spot on.

Tbh at a point I'd doubt if they're Poch's fans or their motivation was simply to make the majority of the fans here dislike him as much as possible.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Thank God he lost the way he did.

City are our rivals but it was making me sick how people wouldn't support our manager because this random average manager from Spurs hadn't been picked up by us.

Even when you look at him getting to the CL final with spurs - it wasn't some amazing tactics; it was the wonder performance of Lucas Moura.

babablue

Because a manager being rated is taken as an indirect criticism as Ole, even if Ole has nothing to do with how a manager is rated. Tuchel, Bielsa and Poch are all on the Caf's hated list for this reason, their threads are bumped every time their team has a bad result - it's a bit pathetic if we're being honest and the sort of thing you'd expect to see on RAWK and bluemoon. We've even had the same happen to Pep during City's bad periods ("Pep Guardiola is my idol") and Klopp too. I don't think there's a manager in the game that the Caf actually rates, they're all overrated hipsters or taking easy jobs with huge financial backing.
You only have to go back and read this very thread to see that this is not true: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/pochettino-watch-psg-manager-18-month-contract.454520/page-19
This is after the PSG Barcelona first leg. As far as I'm aware, Ole had nothing to do with the match

jackal&hyde

Like Arteta, he comes across as a good guy. That and good looks makes some overate him to ludicrous degrees. It's no shame to be eliminated by City, but by now he has built a history of coming short every single time it really mattered and never getting outside his comfort zone tactically to surprise the opposition.

thepolice123

I thought PSG were a little unlucky in the first half, they had City on the ropes from the get-go and I really thought they were going to score first. The goal they conceded was pretty flukey on City's part. It came from a deflected shot that fell onto Mahrez's path and his shot nutmegged both the defender and goalkeeper. After that they had some chances which they really should have equalised but City became more dominant as the game progressed.

The Argentine connection didn't work for him either. Icardi and Di Maria were shocking.

RedDevil@84

Why is there so much heat towards him?

He's been there four month. That team needs a transformation of some kind.
If you mean on caf, it is because this place was filled with Poch fans and still is who make it a point to highlight every mistake United makes and call it our mistake of not getting Poch and continuing with Ole. Also many of them act, like it was very very obvious that hiring Poch would have solved all our problems. Many of the posters were pretty sure he was the one that could take us all the way, despite not having any achievements to back it up.

SinNombre

Poch will get sacked within 5 months if Lille holds on in the league.

Failing to win that would be the height of incompetence.

crossy1686

career ending
Career suicide going there, he doesn't have the right mentality to manage a big club and win consistently. He thinks all the players are his mates, they'll have him turfed out at the end of the season if he doesn't push them to win the something.

lysglimt

Scout
Why is there so much heat towards him?

He's been there four month. That team needs a transformation of some kind.
He inherited one of the 4-5 best teams in the world - and I agree, it's not embarrassing to lose to City - but his results in France have been exactly that. There is no way a team with Mbappe, Neymar, Di Maria etc should lose the title to Lille. In fact it shouldn't even be close

Oh and despite trying 3-4 times, I have yet to hear anyone make a decent explanation as to how he could make Spurs implode like he did. If he truly was a great manager, he never would have allowed that to happen.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He inherited one of the 4-5 best teams in the world - and I agree, it's not embarrassing to lose to City - but his results in France have been exactly that. There is no way a team with Mbappe, Neymar, Di Maria etc should lose the title to Lille. In fact it shouldn't even be close

Oh and despite trying 3-4 times, I have yet to hear anyone make a decent explanation as to how he could make Spurs implode like he did. If he truly was a great manager, he never would have allowed that to happen.
The league damage was already done before he got here but his arrival hasn't improved things either tbh. Where Poch showed his true (weak) colors is the first leg for me, when Gueye got sent off and he decided to take off Di Maria who was their best player instead of either Neymar or Mbappe. That showed he isn't suited for them at all, that he's too soft

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Knee jerk cafe doing its thing again? Calling poch a bottler for losing against City after beating Barca and Bayern to even get there? Using said semi final loss to contrast him (negatively, mind you) against the coach who went out in the group stages? I don't even rate Poch that highly myself, but this is just comical.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
fecking hell, some of the comments from both sides :lol:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Because a manager being rated is taken as an indirect criticism as Ole, even if Ole has nothing to do with how a manager is rated. Tuchel, Bielsa and Poch are all on the Caf's hated list for this reason, their threads are bumped every time their team has a bad result - it's a bit pathetic if we're being honest and the sort of thing you'd expect to see on RAWK and bluemoon. We've even had the same happen to Pep during City's bad periods ("Pep Guardiola is my idol") and Klopp too. I don't think there's a manager in the game that the Caf actually rates, they're all overrated hipsters or taking easy jobs with huge financial backing.
Wrong

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
A lot of it is from the fact that a section of posters on here spent ages being condescending pricks to anyone who'd rather Ole be given the chance to finish what he started than to sack him and bring in Poch. Poch, we were told, would immediately have the team play swashbuckling football with a clear plan and we'd easily challenge for the big trophies. Unlike Ole, who's smiling, clueless clown that plays counter-attacking football and relies on moments of individual brilliance to keep him in the job, and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

He went to PSG, after four months he still hasn't managed to put any kind of stamp on the team, they're ironically extremely dependent on moments of individual brilliance, and in today's defeat he showed a staggering level of tactical naïvité.

And, like all things that get over-hyped, people get sick as of it and start wishing it'll go away so they can stop hearing about it. Plenty of people don't actually give a shit about Poch, they're just tired of the same posters popping into threads (or better yet, starting them) to tell us that we made a mistake in not sacking Ole and hiring Poch.
Bang on

Judas

Open to offers
I just don't really see what he's done to make them any better whatsoever. It's early days, but I don't know how long he'll actually get to impact them? I don't really know how he'd impact them anyway. He's always struck me as a dull nothingy bloke, and I don't know how that translates to a team with the personalities and egos of PSG, especially when his "brand" of football has never been of the most thrilling.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I just don't really see what he's done to make them any better whatsoever. It's early days, but I don't know how long he'll actually get to impact them? I don't really know how he'd impact them anyway. He's always struck me as a dull nothingy bloke, and I don't know how that translates to a team with the personalities and egos of PSG, especially when his "brand" of football has never been of the most thrilling.
Do you think there are managers that play an exciting brand?

Threesus

I think the PSG management will give him 1 more year. If he fails, it’s curtains for him.
So far, he has not shown that he can cope with the pressure of delivering trophies.

roonster09

Scout

As much as I hate all this nonsense pisstaking (especially out of Poch as I like his work at Spurs and rate him very highly. Wanted him to replace Jose), what you said is spot on. Somehow people think this is all one-sided which is hilarious.

People used Poch or any manager as a stick to beat Ole (With some of the braindead posts) whenever they got decent results, how can they not expect other side to reply or take piss out of managers?

Judas

Open to offers
As much as I hate all this nonsense pisstaking (especially out of Poch as I like his work at Spurs and rate him very highly. Wanted him to replace Jose), what you said is spot on. Somehow people think this is all one-sided which is hilarious.

People used Poch or any manager as a stick to beat Ole (With some of the braindead posts) whenever they got decent results, how can they not expect other side to reply or take piss out of managers?
Yep. Wasn't like it was just on here either, the media were just as guilty for it. Ole was in a constant shadow of Poch lurking in the shadows and was coming in at any minute. I'm just glad that period is over with.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Poch is a very decent manager who has a ceiling.
He has plenty of positives but there are questions over his in game management as well as the obvious issues around mentality / ability to actually win major trophies.
He wont be at PSG long but will do a good job at a level just below the top clubs.

roonster09

Scout
Yep. Wasn't like it was just on here either, the media were just as guilty for it. Ole was in a constant shadow of Poch lurking in the shadows and was coming in at any minute. I'm just glad that period is over with.
Yeah, also the lack of respect for Ole from few ManUtd fans and some half wit journalists is just pathetic.

Lee565

If I was levy I would be on the phone to potchettino and trying to persuade him to leave the mess that is psg's egotistical dressing room and come back to spurs.

it's probably one of a few things that would really tempt kane to stay as well.

Varun1

Knee jerk cafe doing its thing again? Calling poch a bottler for losing against City after beating Barca and Bayern to even get there? Using said semi final loss to contrast him (negatively, mind you) against the coach who went out in the group stages? I don't even rate Poch that highly myself, but this is just comical.
Well said!

Tarrou

if Lille win the title will they sack him already?

would be funny if he went back to Spurs

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
If I was levy I would be on the phone to potchettino and trying to persuade him to leave the mess that is psg's egotistical dressing room and come back to spurs.

Poch lost the Spurs dressing room towards the end so no chance of that. Kane had a good relationship with Poch and Mourinho but he wants to win things - He will go unless Levy stands in his way

Lee565

Poch lost the Spurs dressing room towards the end so no chance of that. Kane had a good relationship with Poch and Mourinho but he wants to win things - He will go unless Levy stands in his way
After having to deal with Mourinho's toxic ways, I'm sure the dressing room would welcome potchettino back with wide open arms

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

This.

Every action has a reaction, this is just the (over the top) reaction to the claims that he was the footballing Messiah. No shame in losing to City, who are brilliant on their day, but the fact is hes dependant on someone taking points of Lille to win the league.

Hes a good manager, but claiming hes in the same tier as Pep, Klopp and Fergie is just fecking absurd.

lysglimt

Scout
Of course Pochettino deserves time - so I am nog going to judge him on these first 3 months. But I question the fact that PSG have lost 4 matches in the league since his arrival - when you have the team he has at his disposal, you really shouldn't do that.

But as someone mentioned above - and I admit it, I wouldn't care about Pochettino if it hadn't been for the fact that some of our fans were so convinced that we should dump OGS for him - because he was a world class manager (which he is not). And I stand by my earlier comments - his track record when it comes to transfers in the last 5 years is one of the worst in the Premier League.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Of course Pochettino deserves time - so I am nog going to judge him on these first 3 months. But I question the fact that PSG have lost 4 matches in the league since his arrival - when you have the team he has at his disposal, you really shouldn't do that.

But as someone mentioned above - and I admit it, I wouldn't care about Pochettino if it hadn't been for the fact that some of our fans were so convinced that we should dump OGS for him - because he was a world class manager (which he is not). And I stand by my earlier comments - his track record when it comes to transfers in the last 5 years is one of the worst in the Premier League.
They also lost 4 games before his arrival and people are overrating them for some reason.

rotherham_red

Remember Dave Jones on MNF when Poch was the guest, asking if his next team was playing in red? Disrespectful prick

cjj

Supports
Spurs

Because what Levy really wants is a manager back who has almost proven he also can't do it at a club that's expected to walk the league, with almost unlimited resources, and arguably two of the regular Ballon D'or nominees in attack.

A bit like taking your mrs back after you leave her for being frigid once another bloke confirms it for you :confused:

The on-pitch display last night suggested to me that he's not evolved, and nothing would change. He has a least some legacy intact, and a return would risk it.

lysglimt

Scout
They also lost 4 games before his arrival and people are overrating them for some reason.
Yes but the way Pochettino is hyped in the press - you should at least expect a massive improvment.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yes but the way Pochettino is hyped in the press - you should at least expect a massive improvment.
Only if you decide to somehow put misplaced weight in any hype. Also it's not as if Tuchel wasn't hyped himself or as if Pochettino was better than Tuchel.

Status
Not open for further replies.