Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
I doubt he’s behind it. They’ve probably realised that they’ve got the best chance they’ve ever had of winning the CL and pochettino isn’t up managing at an elite level. On top of that Zidane might be the carrot needed to get Mbappe to sign a new contract.
Of course hes behind it. Nobody is allowed to sub Messi.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The coach and coaching staff had a big part in the negotiations,' Messi claimed. 'When I saw it was possible, I spoke with him (Pochettino) straight away. I've know him for a while.

'I spoke to him, the fact we are the two Argentines helped a lot. We spoke, it went well to begin with. The technical staff at PSG helped my decision.'

No matter the link, it was a quote from what Messi said. As I stated before, top manager attract top players.

crossy1686

career ending
:lol::lol: Yeah right, and it had nothing to do with the fact Messi and his dad were asking every English journo about City and how much money they had before he moved to PSG. Course Pochettino was the only reason he went there…

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Thank you Messi, now we can bring in a proper manager with patterns of play.

Farewell Ole, maybe you were a legend once but time moves on.

Now just sign a central midfielder, sell Martial, Pereira, Matic, Mata, Jones, Lindelöf and Lingard and all our problems are fixed.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
wasn’t a certain poster boasting about how Poch convinced Messi to play for him? :lol:

Cloud7

Dealing with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe can't be an easy ask for a manager. The only managers that walk into that dressing room and command the respect of those players are Pep, Klopp and Zidane I think.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Zidane would be a big upgrade over Pochettino and the right choice for PsG. Although I would like him at United I guess it's not an issue as nobody lasts that long at PSG

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Thoughts and well wishes go out to Amadeus in these difficult times. (If pochettino has been sacked)
:lol: :lol: In fairness it's probably better for Amadeus' ego if Poch is pushed out now before it all goes comprehensively and conclusively tits up. With that level of talent in the squad it could all turn itself around quite easily, but early signs aren't promising.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I honestly think Zidane would make them work together. Messi experienced his fabolous work with Madrid and wants some of that, Mbappe would admire him as one of the best French player of all time, and Neymar, well, he'd still be a prick but he might still be influenced by Messi.
Aye, managing big egos while maintaining some coherent tactical approach seems to be the challenge in that PSG job and he's got the gravitas and track record to suggest he could pull it off. I'm baffled in general as to how posters on here speak with such certainty about coaches/managers but Zidane to PSG just looks like it could be a good fit.

"Work" might well be the operative word in the bigger CL matches. Neymar will generally do some work off the ball, Messi might be a lost cause in that regard now, so getting Mbappe do to his share of the grunt work could be crucial.

JPB

Thank you Messi, now we can bring in a proper manager with patterns of play.

Farewell Ole, maybe you were a legend once but time moves on.

Now just sign a central midfielder, sell Martial, Pereira, Matic, Mata, Jones, Lindelöf and Lingard and all our problems are fixed.
Oh my god. You can't be serious...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's been a huge disappointment so far at PSG. After a great building job at Spurs he needed to show his ability to succeed under pressure and get his team playing cracking football when equipped with huge resources and good players. Not winning the league, doing okay in the CL last year and starting this season miserable doesn't reflect well.

Also, PsG as a club added big names this summer especially with Ramos and Messi, but can't help but feel they were signings that are based reputation and quality respectively with not that much thought put into the collective. For example Messi is a playmaking forward you need to surround with runners to get the best from. That should ideally be Mbappe but he's the one who wants out. And as many have said three forwards who are brilliant in attack but don't defend is an issue. Tactically you'd be better with Messi/Neymar (skill), Mbappe (pace) and ADM (hardwork) but with the big games there now they have their hands tied. Similarly , Ramos has won mant CLs and while I've always thought he's a dodgy defender, is he really the right profile at his age for this team? Seems to be a signing based on reputation alone.

So yeah, lot of hype and praise for their summer signings but I'm not convinced this team is as good as claimed. Any team would love to have Messi/other great players but having a plan is always the most important thing.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

Not sure there is much to undermine, by all accounts the players are all mates with the Chairman and the dressing room runs the club even before Messi arrived. The PSG manager is kind of like the Queen, a figurehead with no actual power.
You're right, we saw how it turned after they lowered their guns with Tuchel, so if Poche falls with the squad he'll be gone in no time.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Isn't he on an 18 month contract anyway? Can't see him lasting beyond that.

largelyworried

Proper poisoned chalice job this one. When you look at what made Poch a (relative) success at Southampton and particularly Spurs, it was building a super hard-working team that pressed from the front and took tactical instructions really well. Now he has a front three that are not only never going to do that for him but are all much bigger names than him so he can't drop them if he wanted to. His best-case scenario is that they win the league and get out with any sort of reputation in tact.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I wouldn't look too much into this PSG stint. That dressing room is tough to handle.

tomaldinho1

The Poison Dwarf strikes again. He's got the manager sacked before scoring a fecking goal for the team hasn't he? :lol:
Especially when you think they won with him off the pitch and Poch also then brought on Icardi who won the game. I used to think the the little dictator stuff was fan fiction but it’s clearly not.

OleBoiii

I wouldn't look too much into this PSG stint. That dressing room is tough to handle.
But that is literally the only thing you get tested on as a PSG manager. The league should be won on autopilot. The question is: can you keep the prima donnas at least somewhat hungry and competitive so that they don't get complacent in the league and remain highly competitive in the CL?

It's not a good look if Poch is the first manager since 2012 who fails to do this. Messi does strike me as a cnut, but there were warning signs even before his arrival. He might be the straw that breaks the camel's back, but let's not forget that Poch couldn't close down a 1 point deficit in half a season with a vastly superior team and the legendary "new manager bounce".

Poch getting sacked already will of course be very silly, though. Then again, I expect nothing but silliness from that club. PSG is poison.

Ole90+3

He's been a huge disappointment so far at PSG. After a great building job at Spurs he needed to show his ability to succeed under pressure and get his team playing cracking football when equipped with huge resources and good players. Not winning the league, doing okay in the CL last year and starting this season miserable doesn't reflect well.

Also, PsG as a club added big names this summer especially with Ramos and Messi, but can't help but feel they were signings that are based reputation and quality respectively with not that much thought put into the collective. For example Messi is a playmaking forward you need to surround with runners to get the best from. That should ideally be Mbappe but he's the one who wants out. And as many have said three forwards who are brilliant in attack but don't defend is an issue. Tactically you'd be better with Messi/Neymar (skill), Mbappe (pace) and ADM (hardwork) but with the big games there now they have their hands tied. Similarly , Ramos has won mant CLs and while I've always thought he's a dodgy defender, is he really the right profile at his age for this team? Seems to be a signing based on reputation alone.

So yeah, lot of hype and praise for their summer signings but I'm not convinced this team is as good as claimed. Any team would love to have Messi/other great players but having a plan is always the most important thing.
Haven't they won every game?

Eddy_JukeZ

It's up to the manager to sort out the dressing room as best he can. Some managers being unable to handle/manage egos hinders them ever managing a big club well.

Even though this PSG team might have the highest amount of egos jammed in 1 team in a very long time(maybe even ever).

saivet

I'm wary of being too critical as I wasn't impressed with Tuchel's PSG side yet he has done incredibly well at Chelsea. To be fair to Poch they also made quite a number of signings this summer so would expect they will take time to bed in.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Poch doesn’t ooze confidence that is required to take on a big job. PSG will win the league but crash out in the quarter finals

BeltUp

Supports
United
Zidane in makes a lot of sense, and if it does happen then Pogba moving their on a free is pretty much guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.