Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regalia

Louis van gaal, solskjaer and mourinho each either achieved more, or played better football, than Pochetinos Tottenham squad.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::houllier:

Not much I can do to respond to people who have no idea what they are talking about.

troylocker

Huh? Mbappe has 7 goals, 7 assists in ligue 1. David from Lille, laborde from Rennes, Ben yeddar from monaco, and gouiri from nice is above Mbappe
Yes, he has 7 goals and 7 assists in Ligue 1 this season, which is solo 1st in goal contributions in the league with 14. 2 more than the next on the list…..
First time you hear about goal contributions?

You say that di Maria has similar goals per game ratio: Is 1 in 3 similar to 1 in 2?

We can agree that Mbappe has missed a lot of chances and in lazy and uninterested when PSG doesn’t have the ball, but he still scores and creates more than anyone else in the league and team.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
:lol::lol::lol::lol::houllier:

Not much I can do to respond to people who have no idea what they are talking about.
Fa cups, Europa league win, Europa league final along with 2nd place along with numerous semi finals

What is there to laugh about ?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Yes, he has 7 goals and 7 assists in Ligue 1 this season, which is solo 1st in goal contributions in the league with 14. 2 more than the next on the list…..
First time you hear about goal contributions?

You say that di Maria has similar goals per game ratio: Is 1 in 3 similar to 1 in 2?

We can agree that Mbappe has missed a lot of chances and in lazy and uninterested when PSG doesn’t have the ball, but he still scores and creates more than anyone else in the league and team.
I m not talking about goal contribution, I m talking about goals and assists. Di Maria having 3 goals and 3 assist in 7 games is similar to mbappe having 7 goals and 7 assist in 14 games. At the moment, he isn't scoring more than anyone else in the league. I m sure eventually he will because he should be doing that with the chances he has been getting.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Out of curiosity because I don't watch PSG regularly, can you give a few examples?
Off the top of my very sleep-deprived head, there was a game where Messi was intentionally stuck on the right wing, almost not moving from that position for the whole game as it was pretty obviously instructed to him and he was completely irrelevant for most of it. Just recently, his decision to bring in Di Maria against City to replace I think Gueye, when the midfield was already getting overloaded and PSG were barely getting a touch on the ball, was definitely a head-scratcher. To bring in another ball-dependent forward along with Messi, Mbappe, and Neymar made no sense. Now the score was still 1-1 so it could be seen as daring by some, but I think even without hindsight you could tell this was a terrible idea and City only had more freedom to operate and eventually put PSG away afterwards.

I m not talking about goal contribution, I m talking about goals and assists. Di Maria having 3 goals and 3 assist in 7 games is similar to mbappe having 7 goals and 7 assist in 14 games. At the moment, he isn't scoring more than anyone else in the league. I m sure eventually he will because he should be doing that with the chances he has been getting.
You're trying to criticize the one player that's got 4 more goals and 4 more assists than the second highest contributor on the team. The problem is not with Mbappe, it's with Pochettino getting such terrible returns from those kinds of players in Ligue 1.

Last edited:

Becks00

His team keeps costing me money every time I'm dumb enough to actually back them to win. On that note, he should be nowhere near consideration for the United job, I mean how can you have the quality in that team and not stream roll everyone in ligue 1 5nil at least.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If they don't shape up by end of December, I can't see Pochettino even finishing the season. Tomorrow will officially be a year from his signing for the club. Their standing in Ligue 1 is mostly out of individual moments of brilliance despite team tactics, not because of it. He's had a difficult start of this season due to non-stop shifting player availability, with some major pieces sparingly ready to play until recently. However, a better manager would have gotten more out of the team by now. He's either not tactically capable of fitting these players together, or he's not getting their respect and his message isn't coming across; regardless it's not the sign of a manager that can or even should last the entire season but it's not as if there's a plethora of alternatives, and it's clear a club like PSG needs an elite coach, which they have never had.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
12 points clear. Might get sacked. Not a serious club.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Carlo Ancelotti still at his peak was a coach of PSG, so he is your last truly elite coach (Tuchel is getting there)

BorisManUtd

If they don't shape up by end of December, I can't see Pochettino even finishing the season. Tomorrow will officially be a year from his signing for the club. Their standing in Ligue 1 is mostly out of individual moments of brilliance despite team tactics, not because of it. He's had a difficult start of this season due to non-stop shifting player availability, with some major pieces sparingly ready to play until recently. However, a better manager would have gotten more out of the team by now. He's either not tactically capable of fitting these players together, or he's not getting their respect and his message isn't coming across; regardless it's not the sign of a manager that can or even should last the entire season but it's not as if there's a plethora of alternatives, and it's clear a club like PSG needs an elite coach, which they have never had.
Didn't he sign around New Year or something? Think sooner or later club is going to sack him and bring in Zidane, if performance don't improve then it'll be before CL knockout stages. Pochettino and PSG was never ideal combination I guess.

Trophy Room

His position is untenable. He’s a mediocre manager that will never win a trophy. I don’t want him anywhere near United.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
His team keeps costing me money every time I'm dumb enough to actually back them to win. On that note, he should be nowhere near consideration for the United job, I mean how can you have the quality in that team and not stream roll everyone in ligue 1 5nil at least.
I guess the same way Tuchel didn’t. Champions league winner and table topping a year later

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Didn't he sign around New Year or something? Think sooner or later club is going to sack him and bring in Zidane, if performance don't improve then it'll be before CL knockout stages. Pochettino and PSG was never ideal combination I guess.
Yeah he did, I don't know why I wrote tomorrow will be a year when I was talking about the end of December. He signed January 2nd, thanks for correcting that.

I would love to see Zidane, but there's so many factors on why it most likely won't happen, mainly his connection to Marseille and the fact he's waiting for the national team which could very well be by the end of next year. PSG need an elite coach, but also one that's going to be signed for more than just 12-18 months and with more control over everything at the club.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Yeah he did, I don't know why I wrote tomorrow will be a year when I was talking about the end of December. He signed January 2nd, thanks for correcting that.

I would love to see Zidane, but there's so many factors on why it most likely won't happen, mainly his connection to Marseille and the fact he's waiting for the national team which could very well be by the end of next year. PSG need an elite coach, but also one that's going to be signed for more than just 12-18 months and with more control over everything at the club.
Surely club rivalry isn't that strong for Zidane? I mean sure you like Marseille but they are not going to win a CL any time soon are they?

I actually think PSG's next manager is Guardiola. Pep sounds done at City alot of the time and the money and the Messi link is going to work it together imo.

lexisonfire

Supports
Dortmund
Poch needs the PSG job to win his 1st career title and boost his confidence (PSG players obviously don't respect him) more than PSG needs Poch to win Ligue 1.

PSG can do it with Messi as player-manager, but given that Poch is a former PSG captain they should try to let him see out the season instead of firing Poch, he'll be demoralised after another trophyless stint.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Big Sam would have that PSG squad 12 points clear.
:boring: boring pointless argument.

Pep, on of the best ever, hasn't won a CL in a decade with some of the best, most expensively assembled squads in history but Poch winning a CL is the only way his PSG tenure will be labelled a success? That's a joke.

Caesar2290

The problem with evaluating Poch is quiet simple: everything you say against him can be written down to the structure at PSG, not his managerial ability. You can't really make am honest observation, because everything can be written off as an excuse. For example:

He won't win the CL - Even Pep who spent billions hasn't won it, so it's unfair to use this metric to judge Poch

It's almost been a year since he was appointed, yet we don't see any semblance of a playing style - You can't imprint a playing style because the players are unmotivated and Leonardo picks the team anyways

Most players haven't improved since Tuchel left. As a matter of fact you could make a case that some of them regressed - Mbappe wants to leave and most PSG players are mercenaries who don't give a hoot about being better.

In a lot of ways this reminds me of Ole's time here, constant excusing for poor performances running down to the Glazers and Woodward.

Should we pick the next United manager based on current excuses or current successes and competences. Well, the answer is obvious.

always_hoping

Pep, on of the best ever, hasn't won a CL in a decade with some of the best, most expensively assembled squads in history but Poch winning a CL is the only way his PSG tenure will be labelled a success? That's a joke.
Not argument at all.

Take a look at the current PSG squad which includes a number of signings that made it even stronger during the summer and compare it to the other top 4 in France.

Pep is winning league titles that contains champions league contenders.

Sviken

I actually think PSG's next manager is Guardiola. Pep sounds done at City alot of the time and the money and the Messi link is going to work it together imo.
Pep would require a serious degree of saying on transfers. No way he is going to put with Leonardo's Galacticos shit.

Bebestation

Pep would require a serious degree of saying on transfers. No way he is going to put with Leonardo's Galacticos shit.
That's true.

I just think you look at Pep and City - they have gotten big expensive players but they also have have tactical way they like to play.

Pep's arguably the best at it, even if he isn't the most successful - I just don't see why PSG wouldn't realise that this type of current management with such players doesnt work in the modern game.

You arguably look at PSG's midfield and it's very average bar Verrati but their forward line looks a different class on paper even though it's not balanced right.

I don't think PSG are that stupid, they must have seen how Pep changed City from Pellegrini type football to a club that basically play a bit like Barcelona did and I dont see why they wouldn't want that - especially with Messi.

You are right though, things will have to be done in the Pep way and not the PSG way if it happens.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Surely club rivalry isn't that strong for Zidane? I mean sure you like Marseille but they are not going to win a CL any time soon are they?

Guardiola would be perfect as long as we're talking long-term. Anywhere he goes, he has so much control and it's at least a 2-3 year project, and that's what PSG need. I also suspect PSG has some issues up top, when a guy like Leonardo, and his predecessor Henrique, can't seem to stop getting into issues with the management or the players, it's a reflection of the direction up top in a guy like Nasser. Someone like Guardiola has a pedigree that's unquestionable and would bring in an entire staff of world-class football minds, and that's what this club needs. A big part of why the Premier league is so successful now is the level of coaching you can find there with the top teams.

As far as Zidane goes, it's not so much his feelings on the rivalry, I'm sure Zidane would be interested in coaching PSG, but he's pretty much a god in Marseille, his face is plastered on walls, it would completely decimate his image there, his hometown, if he suddenly managed PSG, and he has family there that could suffer from the morons you can find there. He would be a good fit for the short-term because I can't even consider long-term with him and his desire to manage the national team.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Quite obvious they are not winning the champions league with him. There also isn't any top coach to replace him with if you sack him.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The problem with evaluating Poch is quiet simple: everything you say against him can be written down to the structure at PSG, not his managerial ability. You can't really make am honest observation, because everything can be written off as an excuse. For example:

He won't win the CL - Even Pep who spent billions hasn't won it, so it's unfair to use this metric to judge Poch

It's almost been a year since he was appointed, yet we don't see any semblance of a playing style - You can't imprint a playing style because the players are unmotivated and Leonardo picks the team anyways

Most players haven't improved since Tuchel left. As a matter of fact you could make a case that some of them regressed - Mbappe wants to leave and most PSG players are mercenaries who don't give a hoot about being better.

In a lot of ways this reminds me of Ole's time here, constant excusing for poor performances running down to the Glazers and Woodward.

Should we pick the next United manager based on current excuses or current successes and competences. Well, the answer is obvious.
Let's break that down.

Pep at least won league titles, consistently challenged, and has dominated the Premier league in comparison to other managers. Winning the league semi-consistently is a bigger challenge to me than winning the CL once, although he did it twice with Barca.

I've got my issues with Leonardo, but he doesn't pick the team. You can certainly imprint some patterns of play, certain discipline in positioning in a year. If a manager can't do that in 11 months, it's a problem. I'm not buying the players aren't motivated either, you can clearly see they are when they're playing. They're not emotionless just looking to cash the next check, but they're out there looking lost, not indifferent.

You're talking out of your ass, there isn't a player in PSG aside from maybe Icardi that I would consider someone who doesn't give a hoot about being better, these are all elite players and it comes with the mentality of always wanting to be the best. As far as Mbappe, he was always going to leave eventually, I think it's unreasonable to ask a guy who's been playing in Ligue 1 since 17 and has the world at his feet to stay at the same club forever.

Womp

idiot

Not really comparable when Pep is going to leagues and developing teams which are dominating to levels said leagues have never seen before, whilst doing it in leagues that are far more competitive than the Ligue 1

Slysi17

I have been thinking this all along. To those that are in love with Erik Ten Hag, it may not be him or even Pochiettino. It maybe someone who we haven't thought of. I am fine with it as I trust Rangick alot more to get it right than Ed Woodward.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I have been thinking this all along. To those that are in love with Erik Ten Hag, it may not be him or even Pochiettino. It maybe someone who we haven't thought of. I am fine with it as I trust Rangick alot more to get it right than Ed Woodward.
I've been saying the same but ten Hag's style is a hybrid of the direct vertical style which Rangnick likes to implement combined with possession play. But both Rangnick and ten Hag place emphasis on verticality.

But like I've said before, it wouldn't surprise me if Rangnick chose someone like Adi Hutter, Marco Rose etc, who would both be a natural choice as far as continuing on from the high line, high intensity, fast transition play style, with heavy emphasis on verticality between the lines, which is what I expect Rangnick to try to implement.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Rangnick got the permanent role on a 2 year contract, depending on how he performs in the next 6 months.

lexisonfire

Supports
Dortmund
It also wouldn't surprise me if Rangnick got the permanent role on a 2 year contract, depending on how he performs in the next 6 months.
Doubt it's a good idea, he had burnout at Schalke. If Utd get into a sticky run of games he'll be affected, so just hire a new gaffer and let Rangnick chill. If the new gaffer fecks up he can swoop in like at Leipzig.

TheReligion

Abusive
I've been saying the same but ten Hag's style is a hybrid of the direct vertical style which Rangnick likes to implement combined with possession play. But both Rangnick and ten Hag place emphasis on verticality.

But like I've said before, it wouldn't surprise me if Rangnick chose someone like Adi Hutter, Marco Rose etc, who would both be a natural choice as far as continuing on from the high line, high intensity, fast transition play style, with heavy emphasis on verticality between the lines, which is what I expect Rangnick to try to implement.

Very much doubt it.

The club have been pretty clear on the plan moving forward as has Rangnick.

Bebestation

Doubt it's a good idea, he had burnout at Schalke. If Utd get into a sticky run of games he'll be affected, so just hire a new gaffer and let Rangnick chill. If the new gaffer fecks up he can swoop in like at Leipzig.
Just because his name got mentioned above - how would you rate Marco Rose compared to Tuchel and Klopp's management of Dortmund?

Slysi17

I wouldn't give it to Rangick personally. Should follow through with the plan this time. I would rather have Rangick move upstairs in a consultancy role as the running of the club since Ferguson left has been the main issue that needs to be addressed.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You're correct but it has been reported that he'd take the job permanently if the opportunity arose. Which tbh wouldn't be the worst idea IMO, because he'd have the opportunity to build a solid foundation for the next man in and provide valuable input when it comes to the buying, selling process, which is very important.

lexisonfire

Supports
Dortmund
how would you rate Marco Rose compared to Tuchel and Klopp's management of Dortmund?
Too early to say but defensive organisation can improve. Offensively we are in the healthy top right quadrant of club XG charts, so it's defense that needs work. Klopp was also a slow starter, Tuchel was immediately effective at changing the playstyle to Pep-lite even if we leaked goals at times. Thus I wouldn't judge Rose too quick but he isn't giving me Tuchel vibes where I can see perfectionistic tendencies. With Tuchel even early on I liked that I can tell he wants to deliver a dominating performance on the pitch, not just a scrappy win.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.

But that's how all PSG managers are judged. The very minimum expectation is to win the league they dominate in terms of money and players. So the only way to judge success is by how they do in the CL.

Josh 76

But that's how all PSG managers are judged. The very minimum expectation is to win the league they dominate in terms of money and players. So the only way to judge success is by how they do in the CL.
So everyone who has managed at PSG has been a failure ?

Status
Not open for further replies.