Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Funny, you say that you need more than just star names yet your boy sticked with those star names today. He just don't have the balls to pick the right team and play a dominant game.
He complemented them by putting workhorses in gueye, Herrera and Verratti in midfield. Had he gone with wiljinaldum, parades or di Maria, then it would be just like playing fifa. Instead he went with a balanced midfield. Last season, he dominated city and that didn't let them go through. He knows pep cryptonite is counter attacking football and poch executed that gameplan well today. Only if the front three held the ball better and were more decisive and clinical, poch would have mauled pep today.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
City were shit, PSG were slightly less shit. I don't think a manager knowing that trying to get strikers in the box gives you a better chance of scoring than not getting strikers in the box really qualifies as tactical genius. That goes down as yet another massive Pep CL own goal for me.

OleBoiii

It's a weird tactic for me because the players are isolated when pressed. They usually have to perform some skills to get out of trouble
To be fair: Messi, Neymar and Mbappe.

No matter how isolated they are, it's still 3 world class players with full freedom. One of them being ridiculously fast as well. Parking the bus and praying that one of those 3 will fix your problems is going to work 9 times out of 10.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Fairly certain City should have got something out of that game!
Ligue 1 is the weakest it's been for several years, would be shocked if PSG don't go through the season unbeaten, they really should.
Will be very surprised if PSG get much against City at the Etihad if the play like that again.
They won't be unbeaten that's a fact.

Stilt have to play Lyon and Marseille away

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Lots of ridiculous things said and what @Champ said is up there
I'd say it's probably slightly less ridiculous than some of your posts.

So you really believe they will lose a league game this season? Their squad is so so far ahead of any others in their respective league, and apparently they have the Messiah in charge so even more of a bonus.

They really shouldn't be losing a league game at all. Their biggest threat from last season has been decimated and no other team have strengthened due to poor finances, yet PSG have become stronger over that same period.

Champ

They won't be unbeaten that's a fact.

Stilt have to play Lyon and Marseille away
Its not a fact as it hasn't happened yet!!

Its a distinct possibility and one that I feel would be very short odds already if one were a betting person.

Amadaeus

So you really believe they will lose a league game this season? Their squad is so so far ahead of any others in their respective league, and apparently they have the Messiah in charge so even more of a bonus.

They really shouldn't be losing a league game at all. Their biggest threat from last season has been decimated and no other team have strengthened due to poor finances, yet PSG have become stronger over that same period.
:lol: @Mod can I report this for quality control? Saying a team goes unbeaten especially in a top flight league is not guaranteed. Few French teams already defeated or drew against other teams from othe division. Rennes for one tied to spurs in the Europa league recently. So, i know you don’t like Pochettino, but no need to say ridiculous things like that.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He complemented them by putting workhorses in gueye, Herrera and Verratti in midfield. Had he gone with wiljinaldum, parades or di Maria, then it would be just like playing fifa. Instead he went with a balanced midfield. Last season, he dominated city and that didn't let them go through. He knows pep cryptonite is counter attacking football and poch executed that gameplan well today. Only if the front three held the ball better and were more decisive and clinical, poch would have mauled pep today.
You should go and read the post again. Noone said he should play Parades or Di Maria. He has a brilliant team with him but he just don't know how to make use of it. When you have Messi, Neymar and Mbappe , you go and dominate the game. You take the control and create Chances.

Real Name

Football doesn't work like that. They're far ahead so they won't lose. Of course we don't know if it will happen but it's pretty silly to claim they won't lose just cause they're strong. They were strong last year too and far ahead and they still haven't won the league.

Amadaeus

You should go and read the post again. Noone said he should play Parades or Di Maria. He has a brilliant team with him but he just don't know how to make use of it. When you have Messi, Neymar and Mbappe , you go and dominate the game. You take the control and create Chances.
You have to be tactical flexible when going up against strong teams. Playing against the counter is pep kyptonite. If Pochettino wanted, he would have played a higher block, but as seen last year, that didn’t work to their advantage. Pochettino is an amazing manager. I trust his instincts and his instinct was right today. If they needed a goal, he would have set his team up that way to dominate the game.

Champ

:lol: @Mod can I report this for quality control? Saying a team goes unbeaten especially in a top flight league is not guaranteed. Few French teams already defeated or drew against other teams from othe division. Rennes for one tied to spurs in the Europa league recently. So, i know you don’t like Pochettino, but no need to say ridiculous things like that.
I haven't said it's guaranteed, I've said they really shouldn't be losing a game with the squad they have in comparison to others in the league.

PSG have Rennes next I believe, so I guess that'll be an acid test to this theory then.

I have nothing against Poch, moreso the opulent fawning from yourself in order to prove some strange fantasy that appears to have been created in this thread.
I do find it strange how a fantasist such as your good self would find it 'ridiculous' that the Messiah wouldn't be able to lead the best squad by a large margin unbeaten in 38 games against the weakest collective of teams for a long long time?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
PSG did well to play out of the press tonight, if only we was coached how to deal with that. Pochettino has it pretty easy though to be honest, hasn’t won a trophy so he copped out and joins a team that are guaranteed to win there league, especially with 3 world class forwards. He should of joined us really, it was like a match made in heaven. Whoever our next manager is has to bring in world class coaches, I think that’s mainly the issue, Solskjær doesn’t have any experience world class coaches, there young and former players who just know the club, that only gets you so far.

Champ

Football doesn't work like that. They're far ahead so they won't lose. Of course we don't know if it will happen but it's pretty silly to claim they won't lose just cause they're strong. They were strong last year too and far ahead and they still haven't won the league.
They had competition last year. This season they don't have the same level of competition.

I don't know if they'll go through the season unbeaten, but I feel it's a distinct possibility due to the quality of their squad in comparison to the rest of the league.
Obviously it only takes a scrappy own goal to put paid to that, but as it stands right now, they are streets ahead and still not really playing particularly amazing stuff, which doesn't bode well for the rest of the league.

Amadaeus

I haven't said it's guaranteed, I've said they really shouldn't be losing a game with the squad they have in comparison to others in the league.

PSG have Rennes next I believe, so I guess that'll be an acid test to this theory then.

I have nothing against Poch, moreso the opulent fawning from yourself in order to prove some strange fantasy that appears to have been created in this thread.
I do find it strange how a fantasist such as your good self would find it 'ridiculous' that the Messiah wouldn't be able to lead the best squad by a large margin unbeaten in 38 games against the weakest collective of teams for a long long time?
sadly, the way you think football works doesn’t work like that. If it does, then Real Madrid should have easily beaten little old sherif today right?

And I get quality control inspection all the time because of some emotional fans on here that can’t offer good counter argument. Jesus.

Real Name

They had competition last year. This season they don't have the same level of competition.

I don't know if they'll go through the season unbeaten, but I feel it's a distinct possibility due to the quality of their squad in comparison to the rest of the league.
Obviously it only takes a scrappy own goal to put paid to that, but as it stands right now, they are streets ahead and still not really playing particularly amazing stuff, which doesn't bode well for the rest of the league.
What do you mean they don't have competition as compared to last year?

Champ

sadly, the way you think football works doesn’t work like that. If it does, then Real Madrid should have easily beaten little old sherif today right?

And I get quality control inspection all the time because of some emotional fans on here that can’t offer good counter argument. Jesus.
:lol: :lol:

Their squad is ridiculously talented compared to the rest of the league.
Apparently they have a world class coach.
And I've stated that they really should be going through the season in a weak league with a strong squad unbeaten, I don't really see that as being outlandish.

Will it happen? Who knows, but I feel it is a distinct possibility and one which really should be achievable for the squad of PSG.

crossy1686

career ending
Some of you love extremes don’t you?

There’s nothing a former coach of Southampton and Tottenham can tell Messi, Neymar and Mbappe about movement, positioning and link up play they didn’t already know.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Fairly certain City should have got something out of that game!
Ligue 1 is the weakest it's been for several years, would be shocked if PSG don't go through the season unbeaten, they really should.
Will be very surprised if PSG get much against City at the Etihad if the play like that again.
That's simply not true, Ligue 1 is actually very interesting this year with a lot of team doing a good job. PSG was lucky twice to score a late goal for the win but our record so far isn't really deserved.

Champ

What do you mean they don't have competition as compared to last year?
Lille have been decimated, Lyon have lost key players and replaced with lower calibre players (in my opinion), the rest of the league have had no money in which to strengthen, whereas PSG got quality through the door in spades.
PSG have strengthened massively, the rest of the league has got weaker, with the possible exception of Marseille, who are still far behind in terms of quality.
Again, it's only my opinion, but a cursory glance at the transfer incomings would show this to be the case.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
That's simply not true, Ligue 1 is actually very interesting this year
Every year we hear this. Unless PSG shits the bed and has a remarkably bad season, the title is wrapped up in August. It might be slightly interesting beyond the 1st spot, but the overall quality is a bit meh. It's funny how L1 fans try every year to convince themselves it's not the case though.

432JuanMata

Thought tonight he got it right. When City had loads of the ball PSG kept 7 behind it and kept the shape leaving the 3 boys higher up. The front 3 were poor overall but Verratti is such a cracking player.
Poch has the easiest and hardest job in the world. The league is wrapped up already and has so much quality it’s easy but anything other than winning the CL is considered a failure

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Every year we hear this. Unless PSG shits the bed and has a remarkably bad season, the title is wrapped up in August. It might be slightly interesting beyond the 1st spot, but the overall quality is a bit meh. It's funny how L1 fans try every year to convince themselves it's not the case though.
That's not the point, PSG isn't the metric. There's a very visible shift in Ligue 1 this year with coaches being far more ambitious. I'm not saying it's PL level, but it really is better and i'm not trying to convice myself of anything, I just watch a lot of games.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
To be fair: Messi, Neymar and Mbappe.

No matter how isolated they are, it's still 3 world class players with full freedom. One of them being ridiculously fast as well. Parking the bus and praying that one of those 3 will fix your problems is going to work 9 times out of 10.
Donnarumma, Hakimi, Marquinhos, Veratti, Messi, Neymar, Mbappe. 7 of their 11 are genuine world class players. Mendes a very promising left back, two work horses in midfield (which is needed with that front line) and one player who doesn't really fit in in Kimpembe. They are absolutely stacked.

Amadaeus

:lol: :lol:

Their squad is ridiculously talented compared to the rest of the league.
Apparently they have a world class coach.
And I've stated that they really should be going through the season in a weak league with a strong squad unbeaten, I don't really see that as being outlandish.

Will it happen? Who knows, but I feel it is a distinct possibility and one which really should be achievable for the squad of PSG.
So is Real Madrid compared to sheriff. football isn’t predictable.

Anyway, this is psg first time beating Manchester city? Wow, another good accomplishment by Pochettino

432JuanMata

This job is really a lose lose for Poch as if they fail to win the CL he be seen as a failure yet if they win most will say it’s expected with the players they have

tomaldinho1

Some of you love extremes don’t you?

There’s nothing a former coach of Southampton and Tottenham can tell Messi, Neymar and Mbappe about movement, positioning and link up play they didn’t already know.
Why would it make a difference where he's coached? You talk of highly successful English clubs as if he was managing Dagenham & Redbridge and Torquay.

crossy1686

career ending
Why would it make a difference where he's coached? You talk of highly successful English clubs as if he was managing Dagenham & Redbridge and Torquay.
Because being great at something is largely based on past experiences and the learnings from them. Pushing and being pushed to be better. It’s the same reason you don’t see manager of Torquay managing Tottenham next.

Mihai

That's simply not true, Ligue 1 is actually very interesting this year with a lot of team doing a good job. PSG was lucky twice to score a late goal for the win but our record so far isn't really deserved.
PSG fans trying to convince everyone that Ligue 1 is interesting. I've heard this before.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
PSG fans trying to convince everyone that Ligue 1 is interesting. I've heard this before.
PL fan looking down on another league. I've heard this.... pretty much everywhere on this forum. Considering the amount of PL scouts I see everywhere in France, I guess some of our players are decent with a ball.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
PL fan looking down on another league. I've heard this.... pretty much everywhere on this forum. Considering the amount of PL scouts I see everywhere in France, I guess some of our players are decent with a ball.
Every player in every league is decent with a ball, that's why they're professionals.

Mihai

Some are decent with a ball doesn't mean the league is interesting.

tomaldinho1

Because being great at something is largely based on past experiences and the learnings from them. Pushing and being pushed to be better. It’s the same reason you don’t see manager of Torquay managing Tottenham next.
So managing Espanol, So'ton, Spurs, PSG doesn't give the necessary experience to be able to coach top players? This might be the single worst take I've ever heard on the caf. Any coach right now in any major league would have ideas and knowledge they could pass onto any players, regardless of their experience or ability.

SAF started at East Stirlingshire, Sacchi at Barraca, Ancelotti at Reggiana...the entire point is you do well, you move up and you never stop learning, if you are good enough you get to the top.

crossy1686

career ending
So managing Espanol, So'ton, Spurs, PSG doesn't give the necessary experience to be able to coach top players? This might be the single worst take I've ever heard on the caf. Any coach right now in any major league would have ideas and knowledge they could pass onto any players, regardless of their experience or ability.

SAF started at East Stirlingshire, Sacchi at Barraca, Ancelotti at Reggiana...the entire point is you do well, you move up and you never stop learning, if you are good enough you get to the top.
:lol: I never said that! And here we are again with the extremes. Do you lot never get bored of being all or nothing?

I said there's nothing a former coach of those clubs can tell a trio of Neymar, Messi and Mbappe in regards to movement, goal scoring or link up play. It's like Benitez telling Ronaldo how to take free kicks all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.