Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

gajender

But why would any of that lead to him being under pressure now? Unless he’s expected to win a champions league in October, there isn’t really much he can do about that.
Because at most top clubs expectations is not just winning but to win while playing good football ,which I think PSG has struggled to do since his arrival consistently according to people who follow them regularly atleast on this forum.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Is there something I’m not getting? Top of Ligue 1 by 7 points in October and if they maintain these points over 38 games it will smash anything PSG have done points wise in the league. Beat Man City comfortably in the Champions League and is top of that group.

Of course last season was a bit embarrassing, but no more embarrassing for Poch than it was for Tuchel who handed that team over.
Yea, it is blind criticism. Don't worry about it. He shut his critics up when he was at spurs and now they have been struggling without him. Heck, remember when it use to be a top six? Since he is gone spurs isn't even considered among the top team anymore. I won't be surprised if Arsenal overtakes spurs now.

He is doing well at Psg considering the imbalance of the squad he has at his disposal and not playing with a typically number 9. If he continues to do well, it will just show how great he is able to adapt tactical to different situations. The only problem, I have is that I want Pochettino to play Messi as a false 9. But, I guess, the result he has so far, shows that he knows what he is doing. As other stated, PSG has high expectations, so he could smash anything other managers has been doing so far, but if the result isn't like constant 5-0 and just narrow victories, he will gett some criticism.

Hopefully, United board realizes their mistake by choosing the wrong managers time and time again, and finally appoints him when Ole get sacked.

KeanoMagicHat

Pochettino really isn't suited to the PSG job. He should try to win the CL and get out of there as soon as possible. Far too many headcases and egos to come up with a coherent team system. Neymar is a brilliant player but unprofessional and a pain to deal with and only getting worse. Another unbalanced team, but even greater talent than us to cover up the cracks. Like an extreme version of us. The plan for him should be to get away from that circus without a major reputation hit at this point.

USREDEVIL

Yea, it is blind criticism. Don't worry about it. He shut his critics up when he was at spurs and now they have been struggling without him. Heck, remember when it use to be a top six? Since he is gone spurs isn't even considered among the top team anymore. I won't be surprised if Arsenal overtakes spurs now.

He is doing well at Psg considering the imbalance of the squad he has at his disposal and not playing with a typically number 9. If he continues to do well, it will just show how great he is able to adapt tactical to different situations. The only problem, I have is that I want Pochettino to play Messi as a false 9. But, I guess, the result he has so far, shows that he knows what he is doing. As other stated, PSG has high expectations, so he could smash anything other managers has been doing so far, but if the result isn't like constant 5-0 and just narrow victories, he will gett some criticism.

Hopefully, United board realizes their mistake by choosing the wrong managers time and time again, and finally appoints him when Ole get sacked.
I'll take Poch in a heartbeat. But you're his mom, would he come at the end of the year?

Last edited:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
But why would any of that lead to him being under pressure now? Unless he’s expected to win a champions league in October, there isn’t really much he can do about that.
I don't think he is under any immediate pressure but they arent playing well not scoring enough given their squad and conceding to many.

Amadaeus

I'll take Poch in a heartbeat. But your his mom, would he come at the end of the year?
PSG is a circus, but Pochettino is a top professional and he will not sulk about that. I am sure he would rather coach back in England than at psg, at a club where he has more control. Nevertheless, psg is a great experience for Pochettino who never managed a team with lots of ego and world class talents. He is handling it well so far in his first season.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
PSG is a circus, but Pochettino is a top professional and he will not sulk about that. I am sure he would rather coach back in England than at psg, at a club where he has more control. Nevertheless, psg is a great experience for Pochettino who never managed a team with lots of ego and world class talents. He is handling it well so far in his first season.
:lol: Poch has said many times his dream would to be to manage PSG, a club that is very close to his heart... having played there for 3 seasons. He was rumoured to have asked if he could leave last summer to return to us but then PSG triggered the clause. I am pretty sure he would take the United job but no way he would leave half way through the season at PSG. The manager you need in Conte a man who will not take any shit from the board, and more than likely not take much time to get you back where you want to be, Poch is a project manager, as we seen last season it takes him time to get his ideas across. For example, Nuno has had a better start to his Spurs career than Poch did.

L1nk

:lol: Poch has said many times his dream would to be to manage PSG, a club that is very close to his heart... having played there for 3 seasons. He was rumoured to have asked if he could leave last summer to return to us but then PSG triggered the clause. I am pretty sure he would take the United job but no way he would leave half way through the season at PSG.
I guess it would depend on if he isn't liking it so much behind closed doors, there's probably a lot of external pressure from the higher ups to get all those players in the team especially with Messi there now, though I generally tend to agree with you that he wouldn't leave mid seasons, still, no harm in enquiring is there?

USREDEVIL

Unless you like Conte, seems like we'll have to wait till the end of the season to get the right man in. Whether Poch or Ten Hag or Luis Enrique or whoever.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I guess it would depend on if he isn't liking it so much behind closed doors, there's probably a lot of external pressure from the higher ups to get all those players in the team especially with Messi there now, though I generally tend to agree with you that he wouldn't leave mid seasons, still, no harm in enquiring is there?
Of course not, but if he cant handle the pressure at PSG, of course we are assuming here, why would he handle the pressure at United any better?

Amadaeus

Of course not, but if he cant handle the pressure at PSG, of course we are assuming here, why would he handle the pressure at United any better?
Compared to psg, there isn't any pressure at managing at United. What Ole has done in his last few years isn't even close to what poch did at Spurs with little backing, yet Ole somehow still has a job and his job just really been questioned recently when we look like we could be going out of top four. If Ole was second or even third, I doubt his job would be on the line. So, I am not sure what pressure you see at United the past few years. Our standards has been so low for a top club. Perhaps Ole being a legend, he didn't get that much pressure, so perhaps things will change when we get a manager who isn't part of United DNA.

Also, even though Pochettino said he would love to coach psg, things can changed if the board is being unreasonable with their demands. I agree though that Pochettino is a project manager and I would have preferred United giving the project of rebuilding to poch rather than Ole. After millions spent, we don't look closer to being a top team. Yet, with the little poch had at spurs, you could see progression as he eventually led spurs to a champion league final

Last edited:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Compared to psg, there isn't any pressure at managing at United. What Ole has done in his last few years isn't even close to what poch did at Spurs with little backing, yet Ole somehow still has a job and his job just really been questioned recently when we look like we could be going out of top four. If Ole was second or even third, I doubt his job would be on the line. So, I am not sure what pressure you see at United the past few years. Our standards has been so low for a top club. Perhaps Ole being a legend, he didn't get that much pressure, so perhaps things will change when we get a manager who isn't part of United DNA.

Also, even though Pochettino said he would love to coach psg, things can changed if the board is being unreasonable with their demands. I agree though that Pochettino is a project manager and I would have preferred United giving the project of rebuilding to poch rather than Ole. After millions spent, we don't look closer to being a top team. Yet, with the little poch had at spurs, you could see progression as he eventually led spurs to a champion league final
The money spent with us is pretty irrelevant if you want me to be honest, we had a very good squad of player and yes I have no problem admitting he improved them. But we had Walker, Rose, Dembele, Kane, Vertonghen, Lloris, Kane, Eriksen and even Son bought for what is relatively peanuts who all were very, very good players. Like I have said many times I loved Poch, and if I am being honest would certainly take him back..... but he has flaws, 2 chances at the title, a good few in domestic cups and of course the top honour and not once did he get over the line. You don't need a project manager, you need a winner, especially with the squad you have.

Castia

Poch is the man

If he’s willing to join us in the summer he would be worth the wait

NoLogo

Poch is the man

I don't really prefer him as the manager but I have to admit something, I feel for the current squad he is probably the best fit. Mainly because he is a manager who knows how to set up a compact defense and play on the counter without playing a full court press, which given that we now have Ronaldo is something that I feel we need to adopt.

If we are not dropping Ronaldo, which we probably aren't, I feel he is the man to go with.

Amadaeus

Poch is the man

I couldn't agree more. He is one of the manager alongside Tuchel and klopp of a top club that has been consistently performing well this season.

The trendy favorite amongst hipster Nagelsmann, just got thrashed by gladbach and got knocked out of a cup, Pep got knocked out of the Captial one cup and already lost to Pochettino this season, koeman has been doing terrible, Ole has been doing as badly, and ancellotti is struggling to get a good real Madrid side top of la Liga and already lost to a no name team called sheriff.

Pochettino is doing this without having a consistent starting 11 for a prolonged time. Now there is news that Messi and mbappe are injured, which once again makes things harder for Pochettino. As stated before, what he is doing at psg so far is underrated and he is the ideal candidate to take us back to the glory days of United. I feel like Ferguson believes that as well as it seems they are pretty close. I remember when they played Manchester city in last year champion league. Ferguson actually went to talk to Pochettino and give him advice towards ways to beat them. That is unusual for a manager who isn't coaching Manchester United. Anyway, hopefully we can get a caretaker or perhaps Conte in right now and in the summer go for Pochettino who can rebuild Manchester United better and stronger

LoneStar

Unless you like Conte, seems like we'll have to wait till the end of the season to get the right man in. Whether Poch or Ten Hag or Luis Enrique or whoever.
The prospect of waiting for Poch till the end of the season is truly depressing. He's a more tactical version of Ole. His football isn't really pretty and if he leaves PSG at the end of the season, that probably would mean he failed there...

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I couldn't agree more. He is one of the manager alongside Tuchel and klopp of a top club that has been consistently performing well this season.

The trendy favorite amongst hipster Nagelsmann, just got thrashed by gladbach and got knocked out of a cup, Pep got knocked out of the Captial one cup and already lost to Pochettino this season, koeman has been doing terrible, Ole has been doing as badly, and ancellotti is struggling to get a good real Madrid side top of la Liga and already lost to a no name team called sheriff.

Pochettino is doing this without having a consistent starting 11 for a prolonged time. Now there is news that Messi and mbappe are injured, which once again makes things harder for Pochettino. As stated before, what he is doing at psg so far is underrated and he is the ideal candidate to take us back to the glory days of United. I feel like Ferguson believes that as well as it seems they are pretty close. I remember when they played Manchester city in last year champion league. Ferguson actually went to talk to Pochettino and give him advice towards ways to beat them. That is unusual for a manager who isn't coaching Manchester United. Anyway, hopefully we can get a caretaker or perhaps Conte in right now and in the summer go for Pochettino who can rebuild Manchester United better and stronger
Nagelsmann did get beat by Gladbach but has been steamrollering teams all season, often playing a 2-3-4-1 in possession. Bayern fans say the football is a step up from Flick. He’s in the top 5 coaches in the world in his early 30s so it’s a bit daft picking on one freak result.

Amadaeus

Nagelsmann did get beat by Gladbach but has been steamrollering teams all season, often playing a 2-3-4-1 in possession. Bayern fans say the football is a step up from Flick. He’s in the top 5 coaches in the world in his early 30s so it’s a bit daft picking on one freak result.
He is one point behind dortmund and a 5-0 loss is embarrassing for any manager at a top team. He could definitely be doing better result wise considering that he hasn't had any serious injury problems that cause imbalance or selection headache.

Edit: I mean ahead :)

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He is one point behind dortmund and a 5-0 loss is embarrassing for any manager at a top team. He could definitely be doing better result wise considering that he hasn't had any serious injury problems that cause imbalance or selection headache.
They’re 1 point ahead of Dortmund

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

Good lord what world do you live in... You don't watch the games, I see no other explaination. Comparing Liverpool's performances to PSG's is ridiculous, they show FAR more qualities and consistency. PSG fans are mad at Pochettino because we struggle each and every game, even against bottom tier teams and because we don't see any evolution in the team's tactics. Even the players acknowledge that the team plays poorly.

Amadaeus

Good lord what world do you live in... You don't watch the games, I see no other explaination. Comparing Liverpool's performances to PSG's is ridiculous, they show FAR more qualities and consistency. PSG fans are mad at Pochettino because we struggle each and every game, even against bottom tier teams and because we don't see any evolution in the team's tactics. Even the players acknowledge that the team plays poorly.
The performances and results are two different spectrum. Psg result so far has been impressive, but their performances hasn't been that exceptional because of several factors that has mainly due with recruitment, injuries, and very little tactical (Messi not playing false 9, lack of interplay without Verratti in midfield(need to use wiljinaldum more), organization in defense). With regards to result, Pochettino is up there with tuchel and klopp. With regards to performances, Pochettino is below and alongside Nagelsmann, pep, ancelloti and simione. Once these issue that I stated above become settled, then psg performances will be as good as their result. Recruitment can't be fixed at the moment as they need better midfielders than Herrera and gueye(even though they have been good this season). Moreover, a quality number 9 like haaland, Kane, Lewandowski in replace of one of mbappe, Messi or neymar, unless Messi in the false no.9 works out, then a player like salah would be more ideal. However, once injuries and those minor tactical fixes are made then their performances will be as good as their result.

---------‐--------------Donamura
Marquinhos - Ramos/Diallo - Kimbemepe
Hakimi -- Verratti/Gueye - Wiljinaldum/Herrera - Mendes
--------------------------Messi(false 9) -------------
(Mbappe)Salah ------------------------------------ Neymar

That side seems much more balanced.

Last edited:

ti vu

I have a few friends I trust with their opinions on football, who have been watching all PSG games this season, and they pretty confirm this for me. I watch those CL and PSG Ligue 1 big games myself.

PSG under Poch this season makes most game competitive for opponents regardless of their level. By competitive, it mean the other teams look like they would have won the games even. Result has been better than the performance. The defense is full of holes. Defense up to midfield and the attack, play like different units.

Basically only result seems to improve from last season, counting struggling period at the start of the season under Tuchel. And this team with all the additions should be stronger, and having better depth than last season.

LoneStar

How would you describe his time with you so far? Is he setting up the teams too defensively or something?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
The performances and results are two different spectrum. Psg result so far has been impressive, but their performances hasn't been that exceptional because of several factors that has mainly due with recruitment, injuries, and very little tactical (Messi not playing false 9, lack of interplay without Verratti in midfield(need to use wiljinaldum more), organization in defense). With regards to result, Pochettino is up there with tuchel and klopp. With regards to performances, Pochettino is below and alongside Nagelsmann, pep, ancelloti and simione. Once these issue that I stated above become settled, then psg performances will be as good as their result. Recruitment can't be fixed at the moment as they need better midfielders than Herrera and gueye(even though they have been good this season). Moreover, a quality number 9 like haaland, Kane, Lewandowski in replace of one of mbappe, Messi or neymar, unless Messi in the false no.9 works out, then a player like salah would be more ideal. However, once injuries and those minor tactical fixes are made then their performances will be as good as their result.

---------‐--------------Donamura
Marquinhos - Ramos/Diallo - Kimbemepe
Hakimi -- Verratti/Gueye - Wiljinaldum/Herrera - Mendes
--------------------------Messi(false 9) -------------
(Mbappe)Salah ------------------------------------ Neymar

That side seems much more balanced.
Sorry mate, that's a laughable post. :lol: you just bring some FM terms and state that it's not working against a PSG fan who watch them week and week out.

Fact is, he has been bad and I won't go near him based on PSG performances. This is coming from a huge Poch fan.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
How would you describe his time with you so far? Is he setting up the teams too defensively or something?
I would describe it by the fact that after 10 months, nobody has a clue about what he's trying to achieve. It seems it's getting nowhere. He also makes absurd choices like using Messi wide on the wing like it's 2008 instead of letting Hakimi do it, he takes time to make subs when it's not going the right way, he never really tries anything creative or adventurous.

On top of that, he pretended he'd use some young players, he summoned them to the first couple of trainings when he arrived etc. but he never put them on the pitch.

We had 3 very good halves since he's here and that's pretty much it, the first game against Barcelona and the 1st half of the 1st game against City, the rest was either a struggle or individual brilliance (like Neymar against Bayern).

The only noticeable difference is the fact that midfielders like Herrera or Gueye tend to be a bit closer to the box in transition so they score more goals, but that's pretty much it.

PSG under Poch this season makes most game competitive for opponents regardless of their level. By competitive, it mean the other teams look like they would have won the games even. Result has been better than the performance. The defense is full of holes. Defense up to midfield and the attack, play like different units.

Basically only result seems to improve from last season, counting struggling period at the start of the season under Tuchel. And this team with all the additions should be stronger, and having better depth than last season.
It is very true. Nothing changed when Tuchel left. The only difference is, Tuchel had an excuse : the team only had one week of rest between the CL final and the beginning of Ligue 1 after the final 8 when Pochettino had far more time this summer. And still, we see nothing.

Also, when Tuchel arrived, he showed for more ideas, could change his system 2 or 3 times per match and we had a streak of 13 wins in Ligue 1, with very large scores (like 9-0 against Guigamp), which is what you should ocasionnally expect with our team (at last 4-5 goals). It didn't happen under Pochettino, not even remotely and our results are very flattering this year because a couple of games should been draws instead of wins.

Amadaeus

Sorry mate, that's a laughable post. :lol: you just bring some FM terms and state that it's not working against a PSG fan who watch them week and week out.

Fact is, he has been bad and I won't go near him based on PSG performances. This is coming from a huge Poch fan.
Your post has been laughable more often that I can count. What FM terms I used? I don't even play that game. What does him being a psg fan suppose to mean? Some psg fan are ignorant about football like how some united fan are ignorant when I was one of the few poster on here that told them that Ole wasn't good enough early on. Moreover, When there was spurs fan on here, they watched spurs game often, yet I was right about my opinion about spurs then than they were. Similarly, I will be right with my opinion about psg, and I will remember to brag about it as well. I see psg fans as similiar to those spurs fan. I am typically humble, but I go through this too often that, I might have to start naming and shaming poster that try to be arrogant and not try to form a good argument towards mine.

LoneStar

I would describe it by the fact that after 10 months, nobody has a clue about what he's trying to achieve. It seems it's getting nowhere. He also makes absurd choices like using Messi wide on the wing like it's 2008 instead of letting Hakimi do it, he takes time to make subs when it's not going the right way, he never really tries anything creative or adventurous.

On top of that, he pretended he'd use some young players, he summoned them to the first couple of trainings when he arrived etc. but he never put them on the pitch.

We had 3 very good halves since he's here and that's pretty much it, the first game against Barcelona and the 1st half of the 1st game against City, the rest was either a struggle or individual brilliance (like Neymar against Bayern).

The only noticeable difference is the fact that midfielders like Herrera or Gueye tend to be a bit closer to the box in transition so they score more goals, but that's pretty much it.

It is very true. Nothing changed when Tuchel left. The only difference is, Tuchel had an excuse : the team only had one week of rest between the CL final and the beginning of Ligue 1 after the final 8 when Pochettino had far more time this summer. And still, we see nothing.

Also, when Tuchel arrived, he showed for more ideas, could change his system 2 or 3 times per match and we had a streak of 13 wins in Ligue 1, with very large scores (like 9-0 against Guigamp), which is what you should ocasionnally expect with our team (at last 4-5 goals). It didn't happen under Pochettino, not even remotely and our results are very flattering this year because a couple of games should been draws instead of wins.
Thanks for posting this. This is what I would have thought as well. The guy has been shown up at the highest level.

I never get the folks who want him in here. Sure, there was hope after he left Spurs. But the way he's been handling PSG, we should absolutely stay away from him. I hope our board sees it that way too, cause I have a bad feeling we might be in for him.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Your post has been laughable more often that I can count. What FM terms I used? I don't even play that game. What does him being a psg fan suppose to mean? Some psg fan are ignorant about football like how some united fan are ignorant when I was one of the few poster on here that told them that Ole wasn't good enough early on. Moreover, When there was spurs fan on here, they watched spurs game often, yet I was right about my opinion about spurs then than they were. Similarly, I will be right with my opinion about psg, and I will remember to brag about it as well. I see psg fans as similiar to those spurs fan. I am typically humble, but I go through this too often that, I might have to start naming and shaming poster that try to be arrogant and not try to form a good argument towards mine.
:lol: someone is hurt. Fact is, Poch is just out of ideas at PSG. I have no idea if it's the club or it's his inability to manage superstars or both. It's only a matter time of time before Poch is fired and going by his tenure there, I would not go near him especially when Ronaldo is here. He may be best for clubs where there are lot of talents coming up . Give him a team of superstars and he will be a failure.(atleast that's what it is until now).

Get used to it. Poch will be called out number of times before he gets the boot. You can quote me, name me , shame me, when I am wrong.

ti vu

Thanks for posting this. This is what I would have thought as well. The guy has been shown up at the highest level.

I never get the folks who want him in here. Sure, there was hope after he left Spurs. But the way he's been handling PSG, we should absolutely stay away from him. I hope our board sees it that way too, cause I have a bad feeling we might be in for him.
He can be good (better than Ole as he clearly shows that he can coach a style to certain high level and have consistency) for certain set up. It just looks like he doesn't fit PSG set up, superstar stacked, one goal focus (CL).

Whether he would fit our set up is up to debate.

Skills

Snitch
:lol: someone is hurt. Fact is, Poch is just out of ideas at PSG. I have no idea if it's the club or it's his inability to manage superstars or both. It's only a matter time of time before Poch is fired and going by his tenure there, I would not go near him especially when Ronaldo is here. He may be best for clubs where there are lot of talents coming up . Give him a team of superstars and he will be a failure.(atleast that's what it is until now).

Get used to it. Poch will be called out number of times before he gets the boot. You can quote me, name me , shame me, when I am wrong.
I think it's more the case his football doesn't suit those type of players. I've never been a fan of his football - its decent, but its far too workman-like for me. His teams at their best were a display of excellent work rate rather than a display of technical ability.

Its why I think he's struggling at PSG, where the players he's got are technically brilliant but not necessarily the hardest working. I think he's a good underdog manager, but will struggle at the top clubs.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I think it's more the case his football doesn't suit those type of players. I've never been a fan of his football - its decent, but its far too workman-like for me. His teams at their best were a display of excellent work rate rather than a display of technical ability.

Its why I think he's struggling at PSG, where the players he's got are technically brilliant but not necessarily the hardest working. I think he's a good underdog manager, but will struggle at the top clubs.
Any manager would struggle to get those individuals into a system - there’s just zero balance there. Tuchel’s Chelsea looked far more of the sum of its parts within a week of him being there than his PSG side ever did.

Skills

Snitch
Any manager would struggle to get those individuals into a system - there’s just zero balance there. Tuchel’s Chelsea looked far more of the sum of its parts within a week of him being there than his PSG side ever did.
But the same PSG reached the CL final with him just 3 months before he got sacked?

Tuchels PSG was actually a very good team for the majority of his tenure. They just fell apart after the CL final loss - which tends to happen at a lot of clubs

For reference Tuchels PSG scored 105 goals in 38 games in his first season. They also topped a CL group with Liverpool in it before getting knocked out by us in a bit of a fluke result.

In his second season they had score 75 goals in 27 games in a cut season and reached a CL final. He was actually getting a lot of output out of that team.

ti vu

I don't think it's correct way to distinguish it like this. City, Liverpool, Pep Barcelona, Pep Barcelona, Heynckes' Bayern, Luis Enrique Barcelona for a good period (even Mourinho Real Madrid would fit into this)...were hard working team, as well as high technical while having inflated ego full dressing room. It's the managers ability/pedigree that kept them in check, to sell the players the plan.

After Pep left Barcelona, in an interview, he said something along the line that at the end he didn't see the same fire in his players' eyes, which made him decide it's time to leave. So in a sense, it's extreme difficult, to sustain the hunger for the hard work in these superstars especially once they reach the top of the game.

Poch just doesn't have the reputation to demand absolute faith from PSG players in his tactics. They have won much more than him, and some of them are among the very best in the world too. In his previous teams, they displayed a high level of technicality. It's not just pure workman like, playing with passion like cliche.

BerryBerryShrew

In fairness, losing the French league with PSG is probably more embarrassing than being one point ahead of Dortmund.

Aren't you the guy who tried to claim that Pochettino deserved manager of the year instead of Ranieri when Ranieri conspired to win the league with Leicester?

Ya, I think I'll trust the PSG fans opinions on how he's doing...

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Why is he continuously allowed to post this stuff on here? He is clearly a WUM.
His delusion is fun, it does not hurt anybody except our sense of basic logic and football knowledge, and is a welcome distraction from the state United currently is in?

Amadaeus

Yea, top of the league by 7 points and already beaten City seems like a Poor start and should put him on the chopping block :lol:. Only reason he is getting criticism is because they havent been smashing team, which kids who play fifa a lot think that is a given in the real world. Regardless, his result has been impressive and if you think poch is out of ideas, you don’t know much about football as poch is a project type of manager and he typically get much better when the players he has begins to understand his philosophy. Your retort really doesnt add anything useful to this discussion, so you can believe what you want and let the people who knows more about football believe what they want as well. Regardless, No worries, I have gone through this many times, we will see who is right on this subject.
In fairness, losing the French league with PSG is probably more embarrassing than being one point ahead of Dortmund.

Aren't you the guy who tried to claim that Pochettino deserved manager of the year instead of Ranieri when Ranieri conspired to win the league with Leicester?

Ya, I think I'll trust the PSG fans opinions on how he's doing...
Pochettino side played better football then and he was the better manager as shown with no big clubs coming after Ranieri after that triumph and his immediate sacking the season after. You can trust psg fan if you want, I m just saying that not all fans of a club are knowledgable about football.

Status
Not open for further replies.