Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Gloating at his 2nd string losing a glorified friendly seems a bit desperate.
To be fair, when you're managing the Harlem Globetrotters in the French league, pretty much every game is a glorified friendly.

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
It wasn't their strongest side but still should have had more than enough

Poch has turned them into serial losers and this is coming from someone who hoped he'd clean up over in France
Bit of an understatement, no?

Just checked their lineup and it was probably missing 8/9 of what will probsbly be their first XI.

Think it’s a little premature to be drawing those sort of conclusions from what is essentially pre-season.

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Bit of an understatement, no?

Just checked their lineup and it was probably missing 8/9 of what will probsbly be their first XI.

Think it’s a little premature to be drawing those sort of conclusions from what is essentially pre-season.
no

OleBoiii

Banter aside: PSG not winning the league next season would be too good to be true. If this were to happen, then I'm not sure if Pochettino can recover from that. His next job will most definitely not be a top job then. And I may be wrong, but I've always felt that once managers go from managing a top team to managing a mid-level team, then the road back up is almost impossible. You have the occasional redemption story(Ranieri with Leicester and Mancini with Italy), but that is not really the norm. Just look at Van Gaal, Mourinho, Benitez, Moyes etc.

If Pochettino fails, then I reckon he will go back to Spurs or to a decent Italian side.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Trophies just aren't Pochettinos thing....not his fault.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Banter aside: PSG not winning the league next season would be too good to be true. If this were to happen, then I'm not sure if Pochettino can recover from that. His next job will most definitely not be a top job then. And I may be wrong, but I've always felt that once managers go from managing a top team to managing a mid-level team, then the road back up is almost impossible. You have the occasional redemption story(Ranieri with Leicester and Mancini with Italy), but that is not really the norm. Just look at Van Gaal, Mourinho, Benitez, Moyes etc.

If Pochettino fails, then I reckon he will go back to Spurs or to a decent Italian side.
Even your redemption arcs are Ranieri taking over a team widely tipped to be relegation candidates, pulling off a miracle, then getting sacked the next season. He's not had a top job since.

Even Mancini went from winning the premier league with City, to dossing it about with Galatasaray, an underwhelming Inter Milan, and Zenit St Petersburg. He's done well with Italy, buy international management is hardly the pinnacle of the game.

stu_1992

Ancelotti this season too, but your point still stands.

frostbite

It'd be funny if PSG signs Messi and Pochettino again fails to win Ligue 1!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If I have paid attention to Pochettino's tactics -

He has always used a bulky striker/traditional 9 as his preference upfront. Examples are osvaldo, Lambert, Kane, Llorente, Icardi etc

I wouldn't be surprised for him to continue with Icardi upfront even if he isn't necessary.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
From going to a mid table club and developing them into a top four team, to managing psg and attracting the greatest player of all time in messi. Talk about a career change. Pochettino must be at Awe at the talent he has now compared to what he had at Spurs.

Almost did the unthinkable and won the champions league with Spurs. Now, he has the chance to win it with Messi.

Even though he has Messi, Psg won’t be the favorite as they are still fourth in the amount of money spent on players. City who are the biggest spenders are still favorite

Winrar

With Messi's arrival to PSG, I don't think there ever been so many egos in one dressing room in a long while.

Interested to see how or if Poch can handle this.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Even though he has Messi, Psg won’t be the favorite as they are still fourth in the amount of money spent on players. City who are the biggest spenders are still favorite
:lol:

PSG not winning it this year will be a failure no matter how much you try to lower the expectations. With Poch's rich history of failures I can understand why you're desperate to get the excuses in nice and early though.

Amadaeus

PSG not winning it this year will be a failure no matter how much you try to lower the expectations. With Poch's rich history of failures I can understand why you're desperate to get the excuses in nice and early though.
You make it seems like winning the champions league is so easy. City who was favorite the last few season couldn’t win it. it will take a tremendous amount of effort and outstanding leadership for Pochettino to win it this season, when competition is so tough and they are not the highest club spenders in football. Heck even Machester United has spent more than Psg in the last 10 years, so we are also in contention to win it.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Even with Messi is not that simple to win the UCL, they'd had better chances with Ronaldo but that's not guarantee either. That being said with that team he surely has to make an impression and getting into the semis should be the bare minimum, and even then it could also be seen as a failure depending who they draw and how they play in an eventual elimination.

If the team doesn't have a good run at the UCL then it will be a big waste of talent and resources.

Amadaeus

Even with Messi is not that simple to win the UCL, they'd had better chances with Ronaldo but that's not guarantee either. That being said with that team he surely has to make an impression and getting into the semis should be the bare minimum, and even then it could also be seen as a failure depending who they draw and how they play in an eventual elimination.

If the team doesn't have a good run at the UCL then it will be a big waste of talent and resources.
Yea that is true. For example, psg played all the big guns in their lead up to the finals last season. They knocked out Bayern and Barcelona, whereas Chelsea had an easier run in the other bracket. Last season their run to the European semi final was successful as if they were in the bracket on the other side, they would have most likely played city in the final. If this season, they have a tough road again and play potential winner during the road to the final, but lost to one, then it won’t be seen as a failure. In comparison to if they get an easier draw like chelsea and lose to one of those team, then it can be seen as a failure.

RedSinha

From going to a mid table club and developing them into a top four team, to managing psg and attracting the greatest player of all time in messi. Talk about a career change. Pochettino must be at Awe at the talent he has now compared to what he had at Spurs.

Almost did the unthinkable and won the champions league with Spurs. Now, he has the chance to win it with Messi.

You can't be serious? Sometimes the amount of money is not a good indicator, but the obscene quality of the squad at their disposal. There is no excuse for Pochettino to lose the league or the champions league this season.

I might actually invest myself in the French league this season, just to root against PSG. Lille the best bet again?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Beating Lille to Ligue 1 Uber Eats title with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe will be a huge achievement.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Beating Lille to Ligue 1 Uber Eats title with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe will be a huge achievement.

Can you imagine a couple of months back there were stories linking Pochettino with a return to Spurs? Imagine he'd have walked only to see PSG sign Messi!?!

On a serious note, he should walk Ligue 1 with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe. However, it is a challenge for him. Poch has never managed this many superstars.

I think Pochettino will be helped by all these stories that Messi called him directly. I think that'll get him a bit of kudos with the squad. However, the second things don't go the way they like...Well we've seen the way players like Ramos have dealt with coaches they don't respect.

Lets see how it all shakes out.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.

starts from 8:02 Pochettino and Messi seems to be getting along well.
If you look closely you can see Messi mouthing "you're best manager ever" and then Poch "I love you".

You can't hear it, but the way they look each other is just wow, it's really obvious Messi came to PSG only because of Pochettino.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

You’d have to be a raving lunatic to think PSG aren’t favourites. It’s one of the strongest teams I’ve ever seen assembled in a single window.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Went from having fair excuses on squad levels to having absolutely no excuse for not winning everything. The pressure is on now. He has to prove himself
He can do a clean sweep of trophies in France and it means diddly squat. Only winning the CL is an actual achievement for them next season.

TheGame

You make it seems like winning the champions league is so easy. City who was favorite the last few season couldn’t win it. it will take a tremendous amount of effort and outstanding leadership for Pochettino to win it this season, when competition is so tough and they are not the highest club spenders in football. Heck even Machester United has spent more than Psg in the last 10 years, so we are also in contention to win it.
You do realise free transfers aren’t free don’t you? In this Messi transfer whilst no transfer fee would have been paid, there would have been signing on and agent fees for example, these are never disclosed. Then the wages are more than some teams spend at all. You can imagine how much Raiola has made from the Donnaruma transfer for example. So acting like PSG have hardly spent anything is ridiculous. They will be one of the favourites for the UCL and if they don't win the league at a canter, then questions will be asked.

TheGame

You can't be serious? Sometimes the amount of money is not a good indicator, but the obscene quality of the squad at their disposal. There is no excuse for Pochettino to lose the league or the champions league this season.

I might actually invest myself in the French league this season, just to root against PSG. Lille the best bet again?
I think Monaco is a good shout as a challenger. Lille have lost their manager and Soumare in midfield although still have Renato Sanches and Jonathan David so far but transfer window is still open.

Green_Red

United 15/1, that's worth a tenner!

Amadaeus

If you look closely you can see Messi mouthing "you're best manager ever" and then Poch "I love you".

You can't hear it, but the way they look each other is just wow, it's really obvious Messi came to PSG only because of Pochettino.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...gning-officially-unveiled-Barcelona-exit.html

Messi claims that Pochettino was a major reason why he join PSG. I know you hate to admit it but many top players see Pochettino as an elite, top manager. One of the best in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.