Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrion

Such is the difficultly of managing a team of high profile players.
PSG is unique though. Between Neymar, Mbappe and Messi (and probably Ramos as well) the manager is barely among the 5 most powerful people in the dressing room. I dont see why a coach would want the job tbh. Tuchel and Poch seem like control freaks so PSG just provides a paycheck and maybe a couple of trophies but no chance of actually building anything.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
PSG is unique though. Between Neymar, Mbappe and Messi (and probably Ramos as well) the manager is barely among the 5 most powerful people in the dressing room. I dont see why a coach would want the job tbh. Tuchel and Poch seem like control freaks so PSG just provides a paycheck and maybe a couple of trophies but no chance of actually building anything.
I mean, it’s very tough. When Messi came on as sub for his debut, Neymar was visibly annoyed at being subbed. Now today, Messi threw his toys out the pram when he got taken off. Tuchel struggled with it as well. But there’s so much talent there, you’re still going to win 90% of the time just by turning up.

Idxomer

He's in the same bracket as Brendan Rodgers, capable of overperforming with the likes of Leicester and Tottenham where expectations aren't really high but not good enough for a truly top club.

He got lucky being the only one available when PSG hired him.

crossy1686

career ending
He's in the same bracket as Brendan Rodgers, capable of overperforming with the likes of Leicester and Tottenham where expectations aren't really high but not good enough for a truly top club.

He got lucky being the only one available when PSG hired him.
My concern with Pochettino is that he doesn't seem to have the right mentality for the top level. He was never a winner as player, in fact he was a dirty, petulant shit when it things got tough, and as a manager whenever he's been sitting at the top of the table or close to winning something he unravels at the seams. He will probably improve over the years if he continues to be around top players who have stronger mentalities than he does but I would put money on him falling apart in an actual title race in the PL or Spain.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No manager in the world will be able to tame that front 3. Messi answers to no one, Neymar is off on a bender during his sister's birthday every year, Mbappe's head is in Madrid and the three of em won't track back for shit.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
My concern with Pochettino is that he doesn't seem to have the right mentality for the top level. He was never a winner as player, in fact he was a dirty, petulant shit when it things got tough, and as a manager whenever he's been sitting at the top of the table or close to winning something he unravels at the seams. He will probably improve over the years if he continues to be around top players who have stronger mentalities than he does but I would put money on him falling apart in an actual title race in the PL or Spain.
I think player achievements and managerial ones have to be completely segregated. There's feck all link between them.

crossy1686

career ending
Quote from Poch about the incident:

PSG manager Pochettino said his decision to substitute Messi was not controversial.

"I think we all know we have great players in this 35-man squad," said the former Tottenham manager. "Only 11 can play, we can't play more. The decisions in the game are made for the good of the team and each player.

"Every coach thinks about that. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes players like it and sometimes they don't. At the end of the day, that's why we're here.

"These are decisions that have to be made by the coach. As for his reaction, I asked him how he was, he said he was OK. That was it. That was our exchange."

mu4c_20le

Ah, so he was just gesturing with his hand extended as he was asking. Must be an argentintian thing.

ti vu

I am not so sure about his long revealing answer. If it's this easy to just talk boldly without considering politics, then being a manager would be so easy.

Some ego is just too huge, that managers without the backing from the board has to accept defeat in battle in hope of winning the war.

I am not sure any PSG ever has such strong backing, so they can just address their biggest stars as just mere players. It also sounds like Poch rubbing the end result of this game on Messi. He could have talked less and denied any negative in it, instead of explaining.

Gandalf

I can't imagine Poch being supported over Messi. Anyway it's bad news for them, either Poch has to "discipline" Messi which would deteriorate their relationship or he will let it pass which would undermine him in the eyes of the squad.
Not sure there is much to undermine, by all accounts the players are all mates with the Chairman and the dressing room runs the club even before Messi arrived. The PSG manager is kind of like the Queen, a figurehead with no actual power.

LoneStar

That's a bit poor from Messi there. You just came to the club, at least pretend to show some respect to the manager. You can shout at him if you want inside the dressing room :lol:

I doubt Poch will survive this season. I can't see them winning the CL playing like this, but then again maybe they start playing cohesively after a while. Still, it's pretty much impossible to not start the front 3 when they are fit, tactics be damned. Otherwise he'll have a mutiny on his hands.

OleBoiii

Its the brother of the owner.

He also tweeted this,

Poch out Zidane in..
Wow, that's professionalism right there :lol:

Does that mean that Poch will be the first PSG manager in the last 10 years who gets sacked before winning Ligue 1?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The absolute scenes if Levy fired Nuno mid seson to re-hire Poch, only for Poch to fail to have any meaningful impact and Tottenham end up 9th with Harry Kane going public about wanting out again.

My popcorn storage is ready

USREDEVIL

The absolute scenes if Levy fired Nuno mid seson to re-hire Poch, only for Poch to fail to have any meaningful impact and Tottenham end up 9th with Harry Kane going public about wanting out again.

My popcorn storage is ready
Warm up the butter, i can hear things sizzling.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
The Poison Dwarf strikes again. He's got the manager sacked before scoring a fecking goal for the team hasn't he? :lol:
Unbelievable stuff. What a prick if he really is behind this. But I guess no one would be surprised...

crossy1686

career ending
Unbelievable stuff. What a prick if he really is behind this. But I guess no one would be surprised...
I doubt he’s behind it. They’ve probably realised that they’ve got the best chance they’ve ever had of winning the CL and pochettino isn’t up managing at an elite level. On top of that Zidane might be the carrot needed to get Mbappe to sign a new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.