Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTails

No Herrera, no party. He needs another body in midfield and to play only 3 of the 4 attackers.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Rennes was in 15th place and just 3 points above the relegation zone before this game :p

PSG will win the league anyways, though. It would take an unheard level of incompetence and/or a dressing room mutiny of the highest order to not win the league 2 years in a row.
They’ll win the league obviously but the key is the Champions League.

always_hoping

0 shots on target with a Neymar, Messi, MBappe and Di Maria front line.

What :lol:
Just seen the result now, that's a shocking stat never mind a very embarrassing result

Our resident Poch fanboy is posting his usual nonsense I see, at least he didn't go into hiding this time..

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
When Di Maria starts, their balance issues are even bigger. Poch will really have to be braver and bench one of the 4 at the start of most games and play a hard working midfielder instead.
I didn’t see any issue with the starting lineup for this game. Against tougher opposition, then I definitely would expect one of the four to be bench, and they will take up a formation similiar to the one against city. In this match, Psg control the game and had better chances to score. I do feel like they should have let Mbappe go last summer and got halaand who is a natural goalscorer. That is something lacking in this psg attack. I believe Messi, Neymar and Haland is more balanced than Messi, Neymar and Mbappe.

You can see from this video some of the bad finishing and there was more. This isn’t a managerial issue when their players finishes like that It would be a managerial issue if there attackers weren’t getting into these goalscoring position.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Now that Mbappe officially wants to leave, they better win this CL, otherwise they are going to look like idiots letting Mbappe go for free.

tomaldinho1

I didn’t see any issue with the starting lineup for this game. Against tougher opposition, then I definitely would expect one of the four to be bench, and they will take up a formation similiar to the one against city. In this match, Psg control the game and had better chances to score. I do feel like they should have let Mbappe go last summer and got halaand who is a natural goalscorer. That is something lacking in this psg attack. I believe Messi, Neymar and Haland is more balanced than Messi, Neymar and Mbappe.

You can see from this video some of the bad finishing and there was more. This isn’t a managerial issue when their players finishes like that It would be a managerial issue if there attackers weren’t getting into these goalscoring position.
I assumed you were exaggerating and they'd just not had chances but, my word, those are terrible finishes.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
This isn’t a managerial issue when their players finishes like that It would be a managerial issue if there attackers weren’t getting into these goalscoring position.
Hold on hold on hold on.....

If United had zero shots on target against someone like Norwich or a lower half of the league team. This place would erupt with calls for Ole's sacking. Is Poch the coach? Yes. So why isn't he and his team coaching them to finish better? Sure Neymar, Messi and Mbappe are some of if not, in terms of Messi, the best player(s) in the world, but they didn't get there without some coaching. Point I'm trying to make is that people use this stick all the time to bear Ole with, why isn't he coaching them better, why can't they score, why can't they defend etc etc.

Now it's with Poch, who has the task of winning the league in a 1 team league, let's admit it, with the team he's got in the league he's in, he should be pissing all over that league. It's simply not a managers fault, it's the players fault. But when it comes to Man Utd, it's never the players fault when we lose and always OIe's fault. But when we win, it's never OIe's fault or tactics it's always "individual brilliance". PSG sure needed some of that individual brilliance last night eh?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

If United had zero shots on target against someone like Norwich or a lower half of the league team. This place would erupt with calls for Ole's sacking. Is Poch the coach? Yes. So why isn't he and his team coaching them to finish better? Sure Neymar, Messi and Mbappe are some of if not, in terms of Messi, the best player(s) in the world, but they didn't get there without some coaching. Point I'm trying to make is that people use this stick all the time to bear Ole with, why isn't he coaching them better, why can't they score, why can't they defend etc etc.

Now it's with Poch, who has the task of winning the league in a 1 team league, let's admit it, with the team he's got in the league he's in, he should be pissing all over that league. It's simply not a managers fault, it's the players fault. But when it comes to Man Utd, it's never the players fault when we lose and always OIe's fault. But when we win, it's never OIe's fault or tactics it's always "individual brilliance". PSG sure needed some of that individual brilliance last night eh?
If it happens once, it can be a bad day. If it is a repeating pattern like at United, then the coach will be criticised for it. Pressure surely is building for Poch, but Ole had simply much more time to build up and invite that pressure and criticism on him.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

I don't get this obsession for shots on target. Don't get me wrong, our game was bad and our second half terrible but what matters isn't the number of shots on target, it's the quality of the chances created. I'd rather have 0 shots on target and good chances than 5 weak 30m shots on target easily saved by the keeper.

Amadaeus

I assumed you were exaggerating and they'd just not had chances but, my word, those are terrible finishes.
Yea, it was weird. There was more than the one I showed in the video from that game as well. It has been a pattern that I have noticed at psg with mbappe and neymar. Maybe Pochettino should tell them in training that they should go for placement rather than power when striking the ball and keep the ball down. I don't know how these world class striker have the finishing of a defender or goalkeeper.

It depends, if we had 0 shots, but created numerous chances, then I doubt this place would erupt. However, I also feel that poor performance has been a consistent theme with Ole. So, it is something that has been building up through multiple games,, rather than just one game As stated before, The problem with Ole, is that it is a consistent event where we lack patterns of play and when it comes to facing a team that place a low block, we struggle to break them down. It isn't just a one time event

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I thought the consensus was, you can't judge a manager until he gets his players in? So how does it apply here with Poch?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I thought the consensus was, you can't judge a manager until he gets his players in? So how does it apply here with Poch?
PSG signed a lot of players in the summer, and reached a CL semifinal and a CL final in the last two seasons. The need to sign new players is not an excuse that applies here, you could however argue that so many new players need to settle in.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
PSG signed a lot of players in the summer, and reached a CL semifinal and a CL final in the last two seasons. The need to sign new players is not an excuse that applies here, you could however argue that so many new players need to settle in.
Thanks. Yeh, 7 new players are a bit too much, if all of them on starting XI.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
I think it takes a certain type of manager to handle a side like PSG and I’m not sure if Poch is that type. Someone like Del Bosque who might not be the best manager but is good at handling superstars and keeping them happy would be ideal.

I would love to see Arsene Wenger roll up at PSG for one last hurrah. I think he would have them playing some fabulous stuff that would be worth watching.

crossy1686

career ending
I think it takes a certain type of manager to handle a side like PSG and I’m not sure if Poch is that type. Someone like Del Bosque who might not be the best manager but is good at handling superstars and keeping them happy would be ideal.
I said this also, Zidane would be a good fit for them also.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

I would love to see Arsene Wenger roll up at PSG for one last hurrah. I think he would have them playing some fabulous stuff that would be worth watching.
I'd love Wenger to go on a high. Top manager, top man and it would be a shame if he doesn't come back into the game for one last season

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
I said this also, Zidane would be a good fit for them also.
Zidane is a great call. You don’t really need a tactical wizard when you have the best 11 players on the pitch more like you need someone who can organize them and keep them all happy and performing at the same time.

Amadaeus

What Pochettino is doing at PSG is underrated at the moment. As seen with United and how hard it is make an imbalanced team full of superstar fully functional, Pochettino seems to be slowly making their star attack find some sort of form. The penalty miss by Mbappe at the end, shows that there is still a lot of arrogance that Pochettino will have to overcome, but having them share the penalty duties and the assist from mbappe to messi(mbappe would have shot) shows that he is working towards a good foundation. I feel like Ramos might be the missing piece to give the team more on field leadership and solidarity in defense.

---------------------Donamura
Marquinhos - Ramos - Kimbemepe
Hakimi -----------------------------------------Mendes
------Verratti/Wijinaldum ----- Herrera/Gueye
------------------------------Messi-----------------
--------‐-------------Mbappe ---- Neymar -------

That team should be a good team for cup competition like the champion league.

Flexdegea

What Pochettino is doing at PSG is underrated at the moment. As seen with United and how hard it is make an imbalanced team full of superstar fully functional, Pochettino seems to be slowly making their star attack find some sort of form. The penalty miss by Mbappe at the end, shows that there is still a lot of arrogance that Pochettino will have to overcome, but having them share the penalty duties and the assist from mbappe to messi(mbappe would have shot) shows that he is working towards a good foundation. I feel like Ramos might be the missing piece to give the team more on field leadership and solidarity in defense.

Is this WUM still running?

Underrated :lol: :lol:

InfiniteBoredom

I'd love to see them play with that 5-3-2, should be a hoot. Even McFred would probably have no issue playing against that midfield.

TheGame

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like Poch but your postings on here are just farcical. I'm not sure if you even watched the game. Leipzig were carving PSG open time and time again

MattofManchester

To be fair, if he actually manages to win the CL with PSG or take them close, he should be well rated for it.

It's nice and all having these shiny toys, but that front 3 offers next to no pressure on the ball, meaning they're playing 3 men down defensively just about every game.
In the CL, that costs you, so if he does manage to go head to head with Bayern and the like, I'll be quite surprised.

I won't be surprised if they end up getting belted.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
To be fair, if he actually manages to win the CL with PSG or take them close, he should be well rated for it.

It's nice and all having these shiny toys, but that front 3 offers next to no pressure on the ball, meaning they're playing 3 men down defensively just about every game.
In the CL, that costs you, so if he does manage to go head to head with Bayern and the like, I'll be quite surprised.

I won't be surprised if they end up getting belted.
It would be an excellent achievement but as things stand this PSG job seems to be showing Pochettino up badly. Getting outplayed regularly against decent teams even if results are solid.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It would be an excellent achievement but as things stand this PSG job seems to be showing Pochettino up badly. Getting outplayed regularly against decent teams even if results are solid.
Yep, not boding too well for his future over there IMO. Of course, it's better to start slow and pick it up as the season goes, hitting your peak at the business end, versus brushing everyone aside at the start and then fading badly at the business end/when you face decent opposition in the UCL knockout stages (as had happened to PSG many times before). But performances better pick up in Paris or he's a dead man walking.

captaincantona

IMO it’s not Poch per se but the whole set up...the egos...the lack of motivation to beat poor opposition because you know that either Messi or Neymar will bail you out...it’s the wages and the different styles every one of the new recruits is bringing with them. It has to be the most “Galactico” of galactico squads in the history of the game and I am not sure even Pep or Klopp ( who I regard as the top two coaches in the game) could tame and organise completely. Too many things going on at PSG for me...same old story of only being up for it when it counts and then inevitably not always being able to switch the performances back on at the right time.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Leipzig is struggling this season and only mid table in the Bundesliga. Still they dominated and played Paris off the park most of the 90 min. A blackout ala Harry Maguire and a very soft penalty turned the match. Very lucky indeed. Still Leipzig showed their best performance of the season against a star studded Paris team.
I would love to see them against a well drilled team that's in form. Ajax or Bayern would smash them at the current form.

Schneckerl

IMO it’s not Poch per se but the whole set up...the egos...the lack of motivation to beat poor opposition because you know that either Messi or Neymar will bail you out...it’s the wages and the different styles every one of the new recruits is bringing with them. It has to be the most “Galactico” of galactico squads in the history of the game and I am not sure even Pep or Klopp ( who I regard as the top two coaches in the game) could tame and organise completely.
Who of those players is known to have a huge ego besides maybe Mbappe and Neymar?

captaincantona

Who of those players is known to have a huge ego besides maybe Mbappe and Neymar?
Mbappe, Neymar, Messi, Ramos, Icardi in terms of just egos that might stand out but I’m talking about game time and top professionals being put out by not playing or watching certain players be irreplaceable because of their stature. Navas second fiddle to Donnarumma; Ramos going from top dog to...well who knows if he would get into the team when fit!.; players like Paredes, Draxler and DiMaria not getting a look in...Wijnaldum coming from being key player to pool to where he is now.

My point is not that ego is a problem like everyone wants to be top dog...my point is that collectively...a dressing room needs balance and you can even see from the outside...Poch is struggling to keep them all interested and on the same page unless it’s a big game. There ain’t many of those in the French League.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Leipzig is struggling this season and only mid table in the Bundesliga. Still they dominated and played Paris off the park most of the 90 min. A blackout ala Harry Maguire and a very soft penalty turned the match. Very lucky indeed. Still Leipzig showed their best performance of the season against a star studded Paris team.
I would love to see them against a well drilled team that's in form. Ajax or Bayern would smash them at the current form.
Very soft penalty... UEFA making sure the big TV clubs are in the next round...?

Mbappe should be booked for diving.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Mbappe, Neymar, Messi, Ramos, Icardi in terms of just egos that might stand out but I’m talking about game time and top professionals being put out by not playing or watching certain players be irreplaceable because of their stature. Navas second fiddle to Donnarumma; Ramos going from top dog to...well who knows if he would get into the team when fit!.; players like Paredes, Draxler and DiMaria not getting a look in...Wijnaldum coming from being key player to pool to where he is now.

My point is not that ego is a problem like everyone wants to be top dog...my point is that collectively...a dressing room needs balance and you can even see from the outside...Poch is struggling to keep them all interested and on the same page unless it’s a big game. There ain’t many of those in the French League.
Believe AdM has played for them most of the games. The ones he's missed, they've been either because he was injured or he was away with National team

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal

Are you getting paid to do this?

soapythecat

I hope Poch can at least make a fight of it this season. If he doesn’t win Ligue 1 he needs the boot, no question.
Poch is a good manager but he’s not at the level of Pep, Klopp and Co. I’d be quite deflated if he ever came to manage United (although he’s a huge upgrade to our current bone thrower).

Cloud7

I'd love Wenger to go on a high. Top manager, top man and it would be a shame if he doesn't come back into the game for one last season
Would be brilliant. You can bet on him getting that front three to play some beautiful football as well

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I think we should be going for Poch. He’s a good coach and will implement a system which will allow us to develop a style of play currently missing under Ole.
I appreciate he’s not won a trophy yet but neither has Ole. I don’t see us getting Ten Hag and I wouldn’t touch Conte. Poch would be my answer. I feel he would leave PSG if we went in for him.

gajender

I think we should be going for Poch. He’s a good coach and will implement a system which will allow us to develop a style of play currently missing under Ole.
I appreciate he’s not won a trophy yet but neither has Ole. I don’t see us getting Ten Hag and I wouldn’t touch Conte. Poch would be my answer. I feel he would leave PSG if we went in for him.
Poch while being Good coach has a reputation which far exceeds his actual level , his football is quite dour and unimaginative as well If you are Ok with Him to become United's next manager then Ideally you shouldn't have any issue with Conte either.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Poch while being Good coach has a reputation which far exceeds his actual level , his football is quite dour and unimaginative as well If you are Ok with Him to become United's next manager then Ideally you shouldn't have any issue with Conte either.
Again, when I look back at that Ajax game it was Lucas's ability to step up a level through Kane's injury that made Spurs get to a final.

Soon as he played a half injured Kane in the Final - it was like Ole playing his half injured players and not trusting the player that got him in to the final.

It's the match that made me not believe in Pochettino and also alot of the Spurs players too.

Status
Not open for further replies.