Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergosaurus

Let's pump the breaks with this whole he isn't a winner narrative. He's managed Southampton and Spurs, and last year took over PSG in 3rd place and finished second. He's probably going to win that cake walk league in France this season with PSG as should be expected from anyone managing PSG. You lots make it sound like Poch not having won a trophy so far is this egregious fact when in reality he's only managed teams that aren't normally in the vicinity of trophies and surprise, surprise he'll probably win one as soon as he's in charge of a team that should be winning trophies.

It comes off completely disingenuous when people bring up the fact Poch hasn't won a trophy without mentioning the clubs he's been in charge of. The way some of you sound, one would think he's been in charge of a United or Madrid for 5 years and never won a trophy.
Let's not forget he bottled a title challenge with a very good Spurs team. That was in a weak Premier League which Leicester and Arsenal finished top two.

Xaviboy

A mate if mine said he read somewhere his family still living in the UK so maybe another factor he wants the job.

romufc

Ten Haag has also done brilliantly in the champions league year after year.
Semi Final followed by 2 Group stages? That is brilliant, then our standards have dropped further than I thought.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
If Poch is a bottler then what is Ten Haag given he bottled a 3-0 lead against him with 45 minutes to go in the biggest game of his club's recent history?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The short answer is no. Poch has contracted obligations that stipulate the terms of work. There are no release clauses in French football.

The ony thing Poch can do is resign and forfeit the value of his contract within the contracted terms that stipulate resignation period etc. Managers, unlike players, are not counted as tangible assets so the two aren't comparable, even if their contracts both work short term.

I doubt a club like PSG has any type of "if x club comes asking then we release you" clauses, so this will ultimately be up to PSG to decide what they want to do. But given that they said no to 200 million euro from Real Madrid for Mbappe, I don't think they care one bit about a manager buyout. Poch leaves if PSG allows it, or he resigns
Even if he resigns it's still up to PSG to accept the resignation and terminate the contract

Handsome Devil

A mate if mine said he read somewhere his family still living in the UK so maybe another factor he wants the job.
Yes, the FailOnLine is reporting this. They are also saying he feels he is just a coach at PSG and is being left out of the loop about other decisions and misses the relative freedom under Levy. How would that translate with our board?

acnumber9

What a ridiculous comment.

Bit like s*itting on Fergies legacy up in Scotland.

Ten Haag has also done brilliantly in the champions league year after year.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/erik-ten-hag/leistungsdatenInternational/trainer/3816
Talking about ridiculous comments. What Ten Haag has done is not comparable to what Alex Ferguson did. He took a tiny team to league titles and European trophies. Ten Haag has took the biggest club in Holland and won league titles.

They’ve got out of the group stages once. That is not doing brilliantly year after year.

cyberman

I’m not a huge fan of Poch but if he is desperate to come here then that goes a long way with me

justboy68

Wouldn't be my number one choice but I do like him and I think most fans would be happy enough with it. This board could do far, far worse.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
It’s a mystery to me that people think he is some sort of clogger. His Southampton were brilliant and he took Spurs to a champions league final. I would quite like to see what he can do with funds and being able to build a team he wants.
They really were. He got them playing way above the sum of their parts, they were flying the season before Spurs got him and he also did very well at Spurs until that CL final.

cyberman

Zidane is apparently interested in the role
I can see why. Pressure free in France and he can lay back a bit and be comfortable in the lack of authority that Poch seems to hate. People can make excuses about state of the club etc but England is a managerial bloodbath. It’s relentless and I can see why certain managers turn away from it

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If it is Poch’s side briefing this, it’s a bit strange that they have to. Ole’s been on dodgy ground for weeks and by all accounts United admire Poch so you would think there would have been some contact at least during the international break.
I don’t think it would come through Stone if it were Poch’s side leaking it. This smells like a United leak.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I can see why. Pressure free in France and he can lay back a bit and be comfortable in the lack of authority that Poch seems to hate. People can make excuses about state of the club etc but England is a managerial bloodbath. It’s relentless and I can see why certain managers turn away from it
France isn't pressure free, particularly if you are french.

Castia

poch will not be able to sort out our defense. PSG cant defend at all
Because he has to play Mbappe, Messi and Neymar he’s essentially 3 players down when setting up in defence they won’t work back, the squad is completely imbalanced

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Because he has to play Mbappe, Messi and Neymar he’s essentially 3 players down when setting up in defence they won’t work back, the squad is completely imbalanced
Someone really need to explain that, where does that idea comes from?

led_scholes

Arsenal bottled that league when the won against Leicester only to lose to our u23s, not Tottenham.

pascell

And we have the likes of Rashford, Ronaldo, Greenwood and Martial, who don't work back either, hence our imbalance.

Castia

And we have the likes of Rashford, Ronaldo, Greenwood and Martial, who don't work back either, hence our imbalance.
Ronaldo apart those other players do more tracking back than Neymar and MBappe they’re given a free licence to stay upfront

Nickelodeon

If he indeed makes a switch, that will add an interesting dynamic to the Messi vs. Ronaldo debate.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I 100% see Poch coming here and Zidane to PSG
I feel like Zidane suits PSG better. He can manage super stars on a team and doesn't have a very strict, structural system that would force his super stars to accommodate but instead will play in such a way that his super start would shine without a strict system to follow.

System managers simply can't work with the current squad of PSG.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Easy. Play 433. Bruno at LW, Sancho RW. Give Rashford, Greenwood and Martial the same message Pep give his players; you dont run, you dont play. (We could get away with giving Ronaldo a free pass.)

Status
Not open for further replies.