Podcast - United Hour - A Stroll in the Parc (PSG)

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
This week, Jamie @Vault Dweller, Colm @Duafc and myself talk through United's champions league opener in Paris. Rather than the usual podcast format, we take a little longer and indulge by talking through each of the players. It only seems fair after such a strong collective performance from the boys.

Was it a plucky underdog win, a smash n grab or an Ole masterclass? And who the hell is MOTM? And what about that ref???

Listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google, or wherever else you get your pods. Search 'United Hour' and subscribe.

Share with your friends, tell your mothers, and please give us a 5* review on iTunes / Apple Podcast

All feedback and discussion appreciated so please keep the comments coming.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This week, Jamie @Vault Dweller, Colm @Duafc and myself talk through United's champions league opener in Paris. Rather than the usual podcast format, we take a little longer and indulge by talking through each of the players. It only seems fair after such a strong collective performance from the boys.

Was it a plucky underdog win, a smash n grab or an Ole masterclass? And who the hell is MOTM? And what about that ref???

Listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google, or wherever else you get your pods. Search 'United Hour' and subscribe.

Share with your friends, tell your mothers, and please give us a 5* review on iTunes / Apple Podcast

All feedback and discussion appreciated so please keep the comments coming.
What a performance from the lads, still buzzing from it :drool:

Alock1

Would be great to get people's take on the player by player run through?

Probably meant some duplication and a longer pod, and maybe some details in the tactical setup and moments in the game got lost, so I don't think we'd want to do it all the time But for a game like this where every player had done so well, it felt like it would be good to give each their dues.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Would be great to get people's take on the player by player run through?

Probably meant some duplication and a longer pod, and maybe some details in the tactical setup and moments in the game got lost, so I don't think we'd want to do it all the time But for a game like this where every player had done so well, it felt like it would be good to give each their dues.
Agreed, it was a good idea since last nights performance was so good.

GloryHunter07

Really liking these instant reaction pods. Im sure it is hard to organise but i much prefer your reaction fresh rather than several days after a game.

Alock1

Really liking these instant reaction pods. Im sure it is hard to organise but i much prefer your reaction fresh rather than several days after a game.
Cheers mate! It means the audio quality isn't as good. More talking over eachother, less bleeping and not as clean. But hopefully it's worth it.

This season it hasn't been too difficult to organize. It's more that it's hard to collect thoughts. No time to watch post match analysis, see highlights or goal/moment replays or check out stats.

Definitely a bit more raw.

What did you think of the player by player format?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Good episode. Quite liked the player by player analysis, seemed only fair after such a great display by every player.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Loved the hastiness of getting the pod released, so thanks for that. Secondly, i appreciate the obsession with AWBs perceived lack of ability going forward, like he's some Sunday league player, but i really think you are overlooking his defensive capabilities, which i would go as far to say are nearing world class. Its hard striking the right balance, but i think he deserves more recognition for doing what his primary role is, which is to be a defender. If he chips in with an assist every now and then then that's great too.

Alock1

One of the guys said Tuanzebe is 19. He's turning 23 next month...
Was it me talking about Aston Villa fans thinking he was better than our CBs at like 19. If so, I meant when he was on loan at Villa a few years back.

Alock1

Enjoyed the listen. Only really started getting stuck into these lately but all have been good. Liked the player analysis feature, interesting to hear whether people in agreement or not with your own opinion
Cheers Cutch.

Did we agree with your opinion on players?

Any other feedback as a new listener?

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Cheers Cutch.

Did we agree with your opinion on players?

Any other feedback as a new listener?
Was hard to disagree last night as it was universal praise pretty much, and rightly so with everyone playing so well. Couldn't fault it at all to be honest, all of you very knowledgeable and articulate. Probably relate to Colm the most also being from Norn Iron

Alock1

Was hard to disagree last night as it was universal praise pretty much, and rightly so with everyone playing so well. Couldn't fault it at all to be honest, all of you very knowledgeable and articulate. Probably relate to Colm the most also being from Norn Iron
He's actually Brummy you know! @Duafc

kundalini

My comments on what I heard:

De Gea made 4 saves. His pass completion was 59%. I was expecting both figures to be higher. On the replay, De Gea's saves were shots that you'd expect him to save, though over the last two seasons that hasn't always happened.

Tuanzebe - fantastic but game suited him. His weakness is in the air. Would like to see him get more starts. Agree that his pace might help a lot.

Lindelof - super but again game suited him, defending deep, hardly any physical duels.

Shaw - impressive. Hard to believe this is the same player who was fast asleep for Palace's first goal in our opening match of the season. Agree with the comments about his goals + assists (1 goal + 6 assists in PL for United). I'm clueless when it comes to Shaw; I'd happily have sold him in summer 2018, then he went on to win our player of the season for 2018/9

Wan-Bissaka - Fantastic but as mentioned, that suited him far more than the play coming from the other side, requiring him to defend at the back post. Nor did they put a lot of pressure on him when he had possession. Agree that it would be useful to have a right-back with a different skill-set, to provide an option if the situation doesn't suit AWB, or when he's exhausted.

Telles - brilliant crosses/corners, wasn't convinced by other aspects of his play. Gave the ball away cheaply a few times.

Fred - superb performance. Thought he was better than Scott in this game. Not as convinced as the panel that he should start every game.

McTominay - already demonstrated that he's a serious player in this type of match. Personally I thought he was good rather than amazing. A bit unlucky with one of his headers from Telles' corner.

Fernandes - poor saved penalty. Some good moments, some wasteful. Like the way he keeps going. Doesn't hide. Always seems to believe he can create a good chance with his next pass or score if he shoots.

Martial - agree that apart from winning pens against Spurs and PSG, he's been too quiet. Careless own goal. Don't know what he was thinking.

Rashford - brilliant goal but wasted good situations earlier in the game.

Pogba - fine. Don't think he's done enough to deserve to start just yet, after 3 dreadful performances at the start of the season.

Podcast - I enjoyed it. I thought the analysis was excellent, especially mentioning weaknesses that weren't exposed in this game.

Last edited:

Shiva87

Enjoyed that pod guys. Everyone got more articulate and thoughtful as the pod progressed ( I guess once the euphoria subsided).

Not a big fan of the player by player break down - but was a nice change for a one off performance. Would not recommend it more frequently though.

A few things I thought got missed out or could have got some more air time are - tactical set up and how it negated their front 3, Fred and Scott as a partnership v/s Matic and Pogba as a partnership (clearly Ole sees it like that), and switch to 4-3-1-2 set up for the last 30 mins (when we were actually under pressure).

Alock1

You're a harsh (but fair) critic @kundalini

Agree the plan suited a lot of players but I guess that's something Ole got right and it meant dropping some big names.

Appreciate the feedback.

GloryHunter07

Cheers mate! It means the audio quality isn't as good. More talking over eachother, less bleeping and not as clean. But hopefully it's worth it.

This season it hasn't been too difficult to organize. It's more that it's hard to collect thoughts. No time to watch post match analysis, see highlights or goal/moment replays or check out stats.

Definitely a bit more raw.

What did you think of the player by player format?
Didnt notice any drop in audio quality tbh!

I liked the player by player format, sometimes there isnt much to say about a performance so dont feel like they all need 10mins.

Keep up the good work lads!