Pogba’s Illness | Probably just ill

ti vu

Everytime Mourinho says anything about a player, people on here think it's "cryptic" or that it "doesn't bode well" or that he's "adding fuel to the fire"

Reports emerge of player being ill.
Player tweets saying he is ill.
Mourinho states after the game that the player is ill.

"Oh Mourinho has only added fuel to the fire there"

What the hell were you expecting him to say that could possibly have added any less fuel to any fire? Do you want him to produce a video of Paul Pogba throwing up into a toilet to prove he's actually ill or something?
Bring out the T shirt?

el3mel

@el3mel

I have this strong feeling that Pogba will come back in beast mode after all this BS.
He took enough time now to clear his head since that Newcastle game. We're about to enter a very difficult period and will need him so that period of rest was needed. Now it's up to him to show what he has in the upcoming games.

AkaAkuma

Maybe it's mind games ahead of the Sevilla game - gives Sevilla some false idea of disunity.

pacifictheme

Compartmentalizing your personal and professional life is a great trait to have for people who work in ridiculously high pressure jobs like he does.
Or any job. Who wants to take their job home with them? If i have a shit day at work i don't go and sit in a dark room all night. Well, only if i put the playstation on!

Having said that a part of top footballers jobs now is promoting their brand, so all the hair and other crap is both personal life and public life for him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How many times has Mourinho been accused of mind games over things that have turned out to be true?

MuranoLover

feck him. He's not bigger than the team and should be treated as such like fergy used to do. If it means we have to get rid in the summer then so be it. Clearly he's not up to the task and I know he's a fantastic player on his day but maybe it's better for the team if we cut loose.
At last someone on my mind , been telling the forum from his first day that Pogba is not a professional and does not have a place in the team with his current behaviour

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Has the possibility of him being genuinely sick and unable to play today been considered at all? Rather than him suffering with mental instability or a longing desire to join the circus that is Real Madrid.

When you're sick you're sick.
I don't think people are grasping how quickly you can fall sick. Although I know of someone who they thought just had a touch of flu and ended up in hospital with a bad virus. For all we know it could have been coming on before the Newcastle game. Football fans seem to be some of the most unsympathetic people at times.

Acole9

Outstanding
I genuinely think he was ill yesterday, far too much being made of this. Mourinho said in his press conference on Friday that he be starting, why would he lie about that.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I'm ill too currently, no idea what's the weather like in the UK but if it's half as shitty as here, it's no wonder really.

haram

Threads like these go some way to explaining the mindframe of some people on here.

tony54

:lol: Gold!

I seriously think he have one. His many comments seem to reflects the many posts here in the caf... weird.
He may or may not have an account on here. But surely every tom dick and harry, outside of the caf, knows we play best with Pogbain with a mid 3 or diamond.
At the moment we have a scenario where Pogba has had a bad dose of diarrhoea to leaving for Madrid.

Web of Bissaka

Let's give Pogba the benefit of this doubt. For now anyway. Some reports stated he was sick since the Newcastle game, if so, then it explain his not so energetic performance and "sickly" facial expression then.

Andersons Dietician

We’ve all been there out on the Friday night, have a couple, then next thing you know you’ve drank the equivelant of an elephants bladder and wake up the next morning with some weird ailment and just can’t get out of bed. I feel for you Pogba. Solidarity.:houllier:

luke511

If he's feeling even slightly ill it'd be fecking daft to play him when Sevilla is midweek simple as.

minoo-utd

He doesn't have to force him self out because he had a bad game or something, and he doesn't need to clear his head IMO. He needs to pick his shit and start producing.

SirAF

Ageist
He doesn't have to force him self out because he had a bad game or something, and he doesn't need to clear his head IMO. He needs to pick his shit and start producing.
If he's sick then he's sick :lol: Not exactly unlikely considering half the world's population are knocked out by the flu at this time of the year.