Pogba and De Gea out injured for Liverpool clash

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Ole has to prioritize. As any managers too.

Sometimes you have just to tactically lose a fight to win the war.

Does being in the league cup with our barebone squad a right thing to do? I'd throw 11 kids there and hope we lose
Think not having a proper reserve league to let players get fit doesn't help or why not arrange a behind closed door game for Pogba to get fit. He said he was going to use the cups to blood kids, so if that is the case we need to stay in them as long as possible or they will get sod all playing time elsewhere.

Sara125

I can't help but feel like this is the fans fault. If they weren't so busy abusing Pogba, he would feel more motivated to shake off his 'injury' and play. Sort yourselves out.
I’ve just gone through your post history...what is this sudden influx of non united fans joining the caf literally just to chat shit about united and the fan base? First the Leicester guy now you. You even admitted you have a grudge against united so why are you even on here? Just to troll? Also, I don’t know why so many fans of smaller clubs seem to think they have a rivalry with united. Sorry to break it to you but I doubt anyone on here gives a feck about Hartlepool.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Think not having a proper reserve league to let players get fit doesn't help or why not arrange a behind closed door game for Pogba to get fit. He said he was going to use the cups to blood kids, so if that is the case we need to stay in them as long as possible or they will get sod all playing time elsewhere.
It's not about being fit though, Pogba clearly said he was fit before the Rochdale game. He was fine for the majority of the game until the end when he got hit by a late challenge. Shit happens, it's unfortunate. But I do agree, we need to try and stay in the cup for as long as we can imo, every game is an opportunity to find a way of reclaiming some form and confidence which our team really needs right now and it also helps give our young lads a game. Although that might not be a good thing right now given how much shit was thrown Chongs way mind you.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Upgraded? In ability terms, no chance. In desire, every chance.

But for whatever people say about wanting 11 lesser ability over quality without heart, they don't really mean it.
If Pogba was sold in the summer we could of got Bruno and Milinkovic savic for the same money. 2 consistently better upgrades right there. I'd rather 2 players get consistent 7 or 8/10 than 1 who averages 5. Even though he's supposedly technically better.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's not about being fit though, Pogba clearly said he was fit before the Rochdale game. He was fine for the majority of the game until the end when he got hit by a late challenge. Shit happens, it's unfortunate. But I do agree, we need to try and stay in the cup for as long as we can imo, every game is an opportunity to find a way of reclaiming some form and confidence which our team really needs right now and it also helps give our young lads a game. Although that might not be a good thing right now given how much shit was thrown Chongs way mind you.
People want to see the kids, but then scream that they aren't good enough. Then compare them to Chelsea's kids who are way ahead in their development through really good loans and the transfer ban giving them their chance. The fact we cannot send these lads on the same type of loans because the squad is so thin is very unfortunate.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
People want to see the kids, but then scream that they aren't good enough. Then compare them to Chelsea's kids who are way ahead in their development through really good loans and the transfer ban giving them their chance. The fact we cannot send these lads on the same type of loans because the squad is so thin is very unfortunate.
Aye, people forget that Chelsea have one of the biggest squads in Europe due to the amount of loans they send out each year. They have 15 out on loan this year and only one of those is younger than 21 years old. We on the other hand have 4 out on loan.

*Above taken from transfermarkt.

Armchair Manager

Supports
Northampton
Its evident that Man Utd aint winning PL and CL, anytime soon so they should make sure they keep winning either FA or League Cup on regular basis because otherwise its gonna hurt Man Utd's brand, reputation, finances and most importantly team morale.

If you want to build on from team full of youngsters and they dont win anything as they grow up they will end up leaving Utd as soon as they become good enough. Belief, confidence is really important before you can win major trophy and FA and League cup give you oppurtinuity to build up belief, confidence and winning mentality. Also it gives manager time to carry on their project.

Under Mourinho, the football on display was really bad but nobody said a thing for as long as he was winning something.

Rendezvous with Ronaldo

Supports
Hartlepool
I’ve just gone through your post history...what is this sudden influx of non united fans joining the caf literally just to chat shit about united and the fan base? First the Leicester guy now you. You even admitted you have a grudge against united so why are you even on here? Just to troll? Also, I don’t know why so many fans of smaller clubs seem to think they have a rivalry with united. Sorry to break it to you but I doubt anyone on here gives a feck about Hartlepool.
No shit :lol: I can't even blame the fact your global fanbase is so up their own arses for that.

Also, if you have actually gone through my post history, you will note that I have not even once taken a shot at either United as a club, or the local fans. I love and appreciate the good work they have historically done on and off the pitch. And, depending on who your manager is, I wish you relative success in the future.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Those double sessions look like they were a bad idea now.

Let's hope so. Part of me thinks it would be just like us to get a win here and then go and lose at Carrow Road next week. To be honest, I'd probably take that if it was offered now.
Certainly the first part.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
No shit :lol: I can't even blame the fact your global fanbase is so up their own arses for that.

Also, if you have actually gone through my post history, you will note that I have not even once taken a shot at either United as a club, or the local fans. I love and appreciate the good work they have historically done on and off the pitch. And, depending on who your manager is, I wish you relative success in the future.
I like Hartlepool because of Jeff Stelling and the monkey story, which is an interesting little oddity, so that's at least one on here. Keep the trolling down and we'll all be honourary monkey hangers before long :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If Pogba was sold in the summer we could of got Bruno and Milinkovic savic for the same money. 2 consistently better upgrades right there. I'd rather 2 players get consistent 7 or 8/10 than 1 who averages 5. Even though he's supposedly technically better.
When we sell Pogba for 100m, and buy Rice for 80-90m, we'll chat again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's going to be Mata and Perera and Lingard?
Ole might not have much idea, but he'll know we have to at least have the fittest quickest guys in for this one.
I'd expect Lingard for certain to have a key role, probably Rashford wide.

Surely no chance you put Mata or Pereira into this one.

Amerifan

Not surprised at wantaway Pogba not being fit. De Gea situation unfortunate.

But this injury problem at United right now is unprecedented and speaks to the desire within this squad.
Pogba has a broken toe and DDG got injured playing for Spain, but that “speaks to the desire within this squad”? Was this post written in some language Google Translate struggles to convert to English.

Bestietom

Yes, after that shit thrown at Chong I don't want to see Garner ending up the same way. So I would rather he was introduced in a cup game or Europa League game.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Not surprised at wantaway Pogba not being fit. De Gea situation unfortunate.

But this injury problem at United right now is unprecedented and speaks to the desire within this squad.
Wow, I've read my fair of crazy posts on these boards and this makes an entry into the top 10.
1) It isn't unprecedented, we have an injury crisis every single season - it usually doesnt happen within 10-games though. It's completely negligent to take this squad, with its record of multiple injuries at the same time, and strip it down to a situation where you're relying heavily on 17-19yr old kids and a winger from the Championship inside 10-games.

2) Pogba is being wrapped in cotton-wool. He's told Ole he's leaving it seems, now its a case of keeping him transfer-ready until the window opens.

EDIT - DISCLAIMER
Point #2 - I have recently started a new job working on a TV/Media project that has arms within the BBC in some sense. I'm not claiming to be ITK, I'm just basing my opinion here on the fact I've been told by two guys with links to the BBC's news department - that Pogba is definitely leaving United, and this is not impossible in January.
Pogba didn't leave in the summer when it was ideal. He sure as hell ain't leaving in January :lol:. This terrible run of form has seriously affected you. The stuff I have been reading on this thread is out of this world.

GenZRed

I wouldn't worry too much about Pogba being injured. He looked average against Rochdale.

Ban

I've seen several fans forums talking about it but if you are to lazy to Google it I'm not here to please you . Thanks
Thats not a source, that's just rumbling about what someone read in the sun. Thanks.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This thread is an event.

Got the OP saying that Pogba is faking injury so he can miss games, then got a post saying that Pogba selected himself and is responsible for him playing 90 minutes against Rochdale and Ole’s got nothing to do with that, then the customary “I have been following United for 50 years, something something could not lace Brian Robson’s shoes” and now we are even getting the “My neighbour’s friend’s uncle knows the soup lady at carrington, and I heard that Pogba’s fit but being saved to be sold in January. Not ITK though” posts.

quadfecta.
Moreover, the whole Robson bit came out of nowhere :lol:

Tel074

Thats not a source, that's just rumbling about what someone read in the sun. Thanks.
No it's nothing to do with the sun. A couple of these guys actually have ties to the club's so maybe have a look for yourself instead of being a child

Ban

No it's nothing to do with the sun. A couple of these guys actually have ties to the club's so maybe have a look for yourself instead of being a child
Who? Guys in various forums? It's not about being a child, I asked for a source, you didn't provide one. Give it up, cheers.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So you posted something random and when asked about the source, you said some forum and then call the guy who asked for link as a child. Awesome.

::sonny::

No problem looking at their performances

i feel more comfortable in the goal with Romero

Tel074

Who? Guys in various forums? It's not about being a child, I asked for a source, you didn't provide one. Give it up, cheers.

Sorry I wasn't aware I'm here at your beckoned call now I'm aware that I am I will make sure I satisfy you from now on . Cheers pal

Needham

When we sell Pogba for 100m, and buy Rice for 80-90m, we'll chat again.
You just know that will happen. Wonder how Woodward's 13 week performance evaluations go. He just hasn't got a scooby.

GenZRed

Yep, McTom, Matic and Mata will make us forget him..
I never claimed that the three midfielders you mentioned were any better. At least McTom plays like he cares, unlike Pogba.

Nice try at being clever though.