Pogba and De Gea out injured for Liverpool clash

Jambalaya

Those two would not make any diference.We are in relegation form and Liverpool is on the road to become best team in EPL history.

Foxbatt

I think Pogba is the most important one. Romero is a good deputy for DeGea.

Revaulx

I'm not claiming to be an ITK but I heard that Pogba is fit and he's being saved so he can be sold in January.
Definitely. Ditto for why he didn’t play against Rochdale.

Oh wait...

Edit: the cast he’s been wearing is obviously a fake

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
When did Ole find out Pogba played through the pain barrier, after the game or at half-time? If it was at half-time he should have taken him off, if it was at full-time what should he have done? - Educated guess here but whenever Ole found out it will have been after Paul, and it was up to him, his responsibility to ask to come off.

And yes senior players do volunteer to play, most of the regulars know they are going to get the night off whilst the youngsters get their chance in the League Cup but the Manager will still expect a few of the regulars to put their hands up to help guide them through the game, or be available from the bench.

Yeah we rushed back Pogba cos we needed him against mighty Rochdale. rightio
Seems like you didn’t read the post properly.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
From my blurry memory, Pogba has been dreadful every time he’s played against Liverpool.

I remember in one game where he gave up a penalty with a handball, then chokeslammed Henderson.

There was the 0-0 draw at Old Trafford last season where he was meh.

Then there was a 0-0 draw at Anfield where Pogba did nothing and was marked out of the game by Emre Can.

Man United’s best performance against Liverpool in recent times was the 2-1 win with a Rashford brace. Pogba didn’t play that game.

cyberman

So are we just allowed to claim our players fake injuries or are we just embracing the toxic atmosphere from here on in?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol: some people thinking Pogba is faking his injury... I've heard it all now.

You idiots will literally try anything to bad mouth him. The hate is real.

TsuWave

This thread is an event.

Got the OP saying that Pogba is faking injury so he can miss games, then got a post saying that Pogba selected himself and is responsible for him playing 90 minutes against Rochdale and Ole’s got nothing to do with that, then the customary “I have been following United for 50 years, something something could not lace Brian Robson’s shoes” and now we are even getting the “My neighbour’s friend’s uncle knows the soup lady at carrington, and I heard that Pogba’s fit but being saved to be sold in January. Not ITK though” posts.

quadfecta.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Because Pogba was declared fit to play by the medical staff at Manchester United. Paul Pogba is also our most important player and that game was supposed to be a easy chance for him to get some much needed match training in his legs again.

So that is why Pogba played. What, you think Ole told him to suck it up and play just because?
No I think would’ve been more prudent to let him have some extra time on the training ground first, and see if the injury reoccurs. Instead, Ole chucked him straight in a League Cup game. We shouldn’t need our most important player against a Rochdale starting the game.

In Rainbows

This thread is an event.

Got the OP saying that Pogba is faking injury so he can miss games, then got a post saying that Pogba selected himself and is responsible for him playing 90 minutes against Rochdale and Ole’s got nothing to do with that, then the customary “I have been following United for 50 years, something something could not lace Brian Robson’s shoes” and now we are even getting the “My neighbour’s friend’s uncle knows the soup lady at carrington, and I heard that Pogba’s fit but being saved to be sold in January. Not ITK though” posts.

quadfecta.
Our fanbase is insane.

Tel074

I agree with your point about his game management and player management to a lesser extent, but United have pretty much had a bit of an injury crisis every season for a long time before Ole came.
Not muscle injuries though . Look at the Liverpool game last season

Rendezvous with Ronaldo

Supports
Hartlepool
I can't help but feel like this is the fans fault. If they weren't so busy abusing Pogba, he would feel more motivated to shake off his 'injury' and play. Sort yourselves out.

Tel074

How stupid? Can you clarify on that?
Apparently from what I've read it's flat out fitness training . They are ignoring alot of the technical aspects and support giving by analysts . This is a big reason why we are picking up so many muscle injuries

Ban

Apparently from what I've read it's flat out fitness training . They are ignoring alot of the technical aspects and support giving by analysts . This is a big reason why we are picking up so many muscle injuries
Source?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We really need to stop training with actually swords... they have wooden ones for a reason.

Posh Red

Why does the thread title say 'injured' and not injured?

There is no doubt the pair are crocked right now.
Because the guy who started the thread hates Pogba and thinks he is feigning injury to ensure he gets a transfer in January. Which is of course complete bollocks.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
We haven't played attacking football once all season but now we're going to take it to Liverpool? :lol:
Why not? We are Manchester United and we should only play attacking fascinating football, no matter which team we play against or what kind of players we have. Just attack attack attack...

Manchester United manager should be able to make his team play attacking football even if most of the players he has are crap. He is not supposed to use defensive or sensible tactics based on the team he has. At least that’s what I understood from caf :smirk:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Because Pogba is working out at Dubai with his casts on.
Cast on
This thread is an event.

quadfecta.
This thread is full of some really daft posting.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
None of our lot are real United players, sadly, as has now been proven over successive seasons (Maguire/James/AWB aside).
I do understand the point you are making and sadly have to agree. Nevertheless this is a real opportunity to show their true desire and passion.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
This thread is an event.

quadfecta.
That sums it up well. Pogba has a bloody cast on. You wouldn't put one of those on for the fun of it. Are people saying it has velcrose at the back and he whips it off when out of sight?:houllier:

Infra-red

Do we have fitness coach?
Those double sessions look like they were a bad idea now.

I do understand the point you are making and sadly have to agree. Nevertheless this is a real opportunity to show their true desire and passion.
Let's hope so. Part of me thinks it would be just like us to get a win here and then go and lose at Carrow Road next week. To be honest, I'd probably take that if it was offered now.

red thru&thru

This thread is an event.

quadfecta.
Hahaaha.

Incredible how many conspiracies are out there. Even if Pogba is choosing and picking his games, the management would need sacking there and then. And I'm talking about Ed too. We have heard well too often that player power is rife in this club, then that again is the fault of the owners and Ed.

DomesticTadpole

Hahaaha.

Incredible how many conspiracies are out there. Even if Pogba is choosing and picking his games, the management would need sacking there and then. And I'm talking about Ed too. We have heard well too often that player power is rife in this club, then that again is the fault of the owners and Ed.
To me playing Pogba against Rochdale or at least leaving him on for the full game, showed a manager who is terrified of losing his job.

red thru&thru

To me playing Pogba against Rochdale or at least leaving him on for the full game, showed a manager who is terrified of losing his job.
It definitely showed naivety. We had enough to beat Rochdale, without Pogba...or we should have. I'm beginning to feel sorry for Ole now.

DomesticTadpole

It definitely showed naivety. We had enough to beat Rochdale, without Pogba...or we should have. I'm beginning to feel sorry for Ole now.
Think that is more the point. This is the state our squad has been left in. Inexperienced kids, has-beens and never will be's in the first place. Ole takes some of the blame for appearing so placid, note I said appears. The big blame is the recruitment in the past as has been said over and over again. This is the season it is all coming home to roost. Ole will now have to show if he has the mettle to succeed here.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Think that is more the point. This is the state our squad has been left in. Inexperienced kids, has-beens and never will be's in the first place. Ole takes some of the blame for appearing so placid, note I said appears. The big blame is the recruitment in the past as has been said over and over again. This is the season it is all coming home to roost. Ole will now have to show if he has the mettle to succeed here.
Ole has to prioritize. As any managers too.

Sometimes you have just to tactically lose a fight to win the war.

Does being in the league cup with our barebone squad a right thing to do? I'd throw 11 kids there and hope we lose