Pogba and Fernandes

OleGunnar20

I think:

Fernandes - Fred/McT - Pogba
Greenwood - Martial - Rashford

Is good enough to be right up there with city and Liverpool on their day in a functioning system.

Lacking a truly consistent #9 and a sufficiently solid DM to compliment two attacking 8's, but I'd feel really good about that lineup going into next year.

I get why people have gone off Pogba, the constant shite coming from his puppets is incredibly disrespectful. However if he were to stay and really commit then I'd love to see this core lineup in years to come.

I think we'd be the two aforementioned additions, a top CB & perhaps Henderson taking De Geas spot if he doesn't rekindle his form off a real title challenging team.

fps

Get Pogba gone for £100m and get it invested in more people of high quality and drive who actually want to play for Manchester United.

Josh 76

Get Pogba gone for £100m and get it invested in more people of high quality and drive who actually want to play for Manchester United.
The thing is.
IF we sell Pogba, Utd will probably sign 3 players.

If we keep Pogba, Utd will probably sign 3 players.

So selling Pogba will make utd weaker.

He'sRaldo

Hopefully by now we've learned not to have only one quality midfielder on the pitch for the opposition to target. It's possible to start both with the aim of controlling games, which we should definitely be doing.

Can be done with either a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3, so it could definitely work theoretically.

el3mel

Scott, Fred and Bruno looks an ideal midfield in terms of creativity, energy and work rate. No place for Pogba there. Both Scott and Fred aren't a strict number 6 that sets back so replacing one of them with a passenger who does nothing off ball might make us weak on defending counters.

el3mel

The thing is.
IF we sell Pogba, Utd will probably sign 3 players.

If we keep Pogba, Utd will probably sign 3 players.

So selling Pogba will make utd weaker.
We played the entire season without him so we're hardly missing him at this point. Sell and replace.

Mainoldo

We played the entire season without him so we're hardly missing him at this point. Sell and replace.
Worst premier league season ever!! I find your claim about over optimistic. Our midfield has been crap all season. Thank goodness we brought Bruno.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Even Pogba literally doing nothing for an entire season hasn't stopped people pretending he's "world class"

He hasn't been close to world class since he's been here. He has yet to prove he is capable of performing to a consistently even decent level, for a 4th-6th placed team. It's been 4 years now. It's time to stop pretending.

He also wants to feck off and has his agent repeatedly bad mouth the club to the world media. Why on earth does ANY sane United fan still want this man to be part of our team going forwards? Do people just like the idea of us continuing to be shite and have players with shite attitudes?

Mainoldo

Even Pogba literally doing nothing for an entire season hasn't stopped people pretending he's "world class"

He hasn't been close to world class since he's been here. He has yet to prove he is capable of performing to a consistently even decent level, for a 4th-6th placed team. It's been 4 years now. It's time to stop pretending.

He also wants to feck off and has his agent repeatedly bad mouth the club to the world media. Why on earth does ANY sane United fan still want this man to be part of our team going forwards? Do people just like the idea of us continuing to be shite and have players with shite attitudes?
He’s our best player.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I think:

Fernandes - Fred/McT - Pogba
Greenwood - Martial - Rashford

Is good enough to be right up there with city and Liverpool on their day in a functioning system.

Lacking a truly consistent #9 and a sufficiently solid DM to compliment two attacking 8's, but I'd feel really good about that lineup going into next year.

I get why people have gone off Pogba, the constant shite coming from his puppets is incredibly disrespectful. However if he were to stay and really commit then I'd love to see this core lineup in years to come.

I think we'd be the two aforementioned additions, a top CB & perhaps Henderson taking De Geas spot if he doesn't rekindle his form off a real title challenging team.
Winning is not just about skills, it's about consistency and mentality. Judging holistically, our current best midfield is:

Fernandes - Fred - McT

Pogba doesn't get a guaranteed spot, anymore. He needs to earn his place in the starting line-up, and if he thinks he's too god for that, he can feck off and we re-invest the money earned into players that put club first.

How has HE personally disrespected the club?
Here we go, with the same bullshit again. Your agent doesn't shit on your club if you don't let him. feck Raiola and Pogba with him, as well.

Gerald G

Winning is not just about skills, it's about consistency and mentality. Judging holistically, our current best midfield is:

Fernandes - Fred - McT

Pogba doesn't get a guaranteed spot, anymore. He needs to earn his place in the starting line-up, and if he thinks he's too god for that, he can feck off and we re-invest the money made into players that put club first.
Yes, he does. He'd walk back into our midfield. Let's not kid ourselves.

Irrational.

These people remind me of the kind of guy that would watch their significant other openly flirt with other men and yet still give them every benefit of the doubt despite every piece of compelling evidence available that they're cheating on them, whilst they keep telling themselves 'it's the best I can do'.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He’s our best player.
Based on what?

He's had more games where he's been our worst player than our best, and his attitude and constant sniping has caused endless problems and contributed largely to getting one of our managers the sack.

His best season with us coincided with our worst season since he's been here. Probably not a coincidence.

NewGlory

Yes, he does. He'd walk back into our midfield. Let's not kid ourselves.
He does if he delivers consistently. Just like anybody else would. If he doesn't or if he undermines team spirit, then he can shove his world cup winner ego up his and feck off.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Based on what?

He's had more games where he's been our worst player than our best, and his attitude and constant sniping has caused endless problems and contributed largely to getting one of our managers the sack.

His best season with us coincided with our worst season since he's been here. Probably not a coincidence.
Jose calling him a virus was accurate.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
These people remind me of the kind of guy that would watch their significant other openly flirt with other men and yet still give them every benefit of the doubt despite every piece of compelling evidence available that they're cheating on them, whilst they keep telling themselves 'it's the best I can do'.
At this point it's the equivalent of their missus sending them videos of her boning other men, and only not being ugly on the one occasion every 2 months she bothers to put her make up on.

Mainoldo

Whilst these people remind me of the guy that’s always flaccid.. But then feels let down when their significant other has been with someone else. Can’t put their finger on why they would do it.

OleGunnar20

Fernandes - Fred - McT

Pogba doesn't get a guaranteed spot, anymore. He needs to earn his place in the starting line-up, and if he thinks he's too god for that, he can feck off and we re-invest the money earned into players that put club first.

Here we go, with the same bullshit again. Your agent doesn't say shit about your club if you don't let him. feck Raiola and Pogba with him, as well.
Fair enough, definitely an argument to be had for that.

The way I see it though is that he may well not move on this summer, in which case a midfield of Bruno - Fred/McT - Pogba has a far higher ceiling than any variation without him in it.

And I'm not saying just give it to him, I think he's easily good enough to warrant that place on his ability.

Now whether we should cut all ties due to the constant sniping is another issue, tough one to call. My heart says yes but my head says no.

It's a shame really because by all player accounts, he's a really positive figure in the squad. The Raiola / brother nonsense suggests he's being snide in trying to engineer a way out which sucks. Maybe the right thing to do there is to cut him out but I don't know personally.

I suspect he'll still be here next year, we'll be lining up as above, and we'll be looking much healthier than we do currently.

Mainoldo

Based on what?

He’s just our best player. It’s not really a debate or argument. You either like him or you don’t... totally your choice. Doesn’t change the fact he’s our best player.

NewGlory

Fair enough, definitely an argument to be had for that.

The way I see it though is that he may well not move on this summer, in which case a midfield of Bruno - Fred/McT - Pogba has a far higher ceiling than any variation without him in it.

And I'm not saying just give it to him, I think he's easily good enough to warrant that place on his ability.

Now whether we should cut all ties due to the constant sniping is another issue, tough one to call. My heart says yes but my head says no.

It's a shame really because by all player accounts, he's a really positive figure in the squad. The Raiola / brother nonsense suggests he's being snide in trying to engineer a way out which sucks. Maybe the right thing to do there is to cut him out but I don't know personally.

I suspect he'll still be here next year, we'll be lining up as above, and we'll be looking much healthier than we do currently.
I think we are on the same page. I have nothing against Pogba if he plays for us well. Loved him getting us back to 2:3 after being down 2:0 with City and will always cherish that game. But it cannot be about 1-2 games over three seasons. He needs to deliver and deliver consistently. It would also be nice if he shut his loud-mouth twat of the agent.

NewGlory

He’s just our best player. It’s not really a debate or argument. You either like him or you don’t... totally your choice. Doesn’t change the fact he’s our best player.
If you keep repeating the same thing over and over again, endlessly – it doesn't just become a fact, but you can start sounding like a crazy person.

OleGunnar20

I think we are on the same page. I have nothing against Pogba if he plays for us well. Loved him getting us back to 2:3 after being down 2:0 with City and will always cherish that game. But it cannot be about 1-2 games over three seasons. He needs to deliver and deliver consistently. It would also be nice if he shut his loud-mouth twat of the agent.
Fingers crossed ey.

Him & Fernandes with a solid DM behind them might even stop my recurring Pereira / Lingard themed nightmares.

Mainoldo

If you keep repeating the same thing over and over again, endlessly – it doesn't just become a fact, but you can start sounding like a crazy person.
Don’t really take advice from people that can’t see talent. Years ago people claimed Ronaldo was useless and should never return back because of what he did to Rooney.

Ander herrera the warrior

How has HE personally disrespected the club?
Whatever said by Raiola in regards to Pogba, is authorized by him. Even the things Pogba's brother says.

If Pogba wants to leave, fine, even the club wouldn't mind selling him. The problem is there is no buyer, and it's not the clubs fault. If there is no buyer, he should just keep quiet and do his work on the pitch while his agent tries to find a buyer.

But what Pogba and his agent have been doing is acting unprofessionally and attacking the club so that they will let him go for peanuts.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Are there really still people who want Pogba playing for our club? I believe we’ve already moved on, I don’t believe he is in any way injured, it is just convenient to have him elsewhere while his move away is negotiated. Good riddance, what a terrible signing he has been.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He's been here 4 years. The first year, he wasn't our best player, nor anywhere close to it. The second year, he was one of our worst players. The third year, he played well for 2 months, the rest of the time was one of our worst players...he also spent half the season in an open battle with the club and manager. This season, he has played 5 games...he wasn't our best player in any of them.

What are you basing this on other than bollocks or wishful thinking?

Eventually this made up nonsense has to stop. He's literally openly taking the piss out of you at this point.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Don’t really take advice from people that can’t see talent. Years ago people claimed Ronaldo was useless and should never return back because of what he did to Rooney.
He was a teenager at the time...and even at that point he was a better player than Pogba has ever been for us. He was also easily the best player in the league by the time he'd been here as long as Pogba has, and was our best player, nearly every single game...and was by all accounts the hardest working and most focused player at the club.

You might as well be comparing Balotelli to Messi.

Mainoldo

He's been here 4 years. The first year, he wasn't our best player, nor anywhere close to it. The second year, he was one of our worst players. The third year, he played well for 2 months, the rest of the time was one of our worst players...he also spent half the season in an open battle with the club and manager. This season, he has played 5 games...he wasn't our best player in any of them.

What are you basing this on other than bollocks or wishful thinking?

Eventually this made up nonsense has to stop. He's literally openly taking the piss out of you at this point.
First year he wasn’t. Zlatan ones. Second year he was and then went on to win a World Cup. 3rd year he was and got the manager a job. When your team fails to play when he doesn’t turn up. Points to me that person is your best player. We will soon see as this season goes on.. that if Bruno doesn’t turn up. We won’t.

Like I said before. You just don’t like him. It has nothing to do with his ability.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Whatever said by Raiola in regards to Pogba, is authorized by him. Even the things Pogba's brother says.

If Pogba wants to leave, fine, even the club wouldn't mind selling him. The problem is there is no buyer, and it's not the clubs fault. If there is no buyer, he should just keep quiet and do his work on the pitch while his agent tries to find a buyer.

But what Pogba and his agent have been doing is acting unprofessionally and attacking the club so that they will let him go for peanuts.
This is all conjecture.

so pogba told Raiola to do the talksport interview? No chance. He’s his own man.

does pogba want to leave? Probably - but the closest he’s come to “disrespecting” the club was in the summer when he said he might want a new challenge.That is a very small thing in the grand scheme.

Tel074

So you have absolutely nothing apart from your opinion to back up why he is our best player haha..
On paper he is our best player but he has rarely shown that . Look at Fernandes he's come in and he's been outstanding. It's all about application

jem

First year he wasn’t. Zlatan ones. Second year he was and then went on to win a World Cup. 3rd year he was and got the manager a job. When your team fails to play when he doesn’t turn up. Points to me that person is your best player. We will soon see as this season goes on.. that if Bruno doesn’t turn up. We won’t.

Like I said before. You just don’t like him. It has nothing to do with his ability.
You're saying he was our best player in our second season? My memory is sketchy, but I remember him being poor that season, with the City game being the glaring exception.

noodlehair

"It's like..."

He wasn't our best player in his second season here. He played well for a couple of games at the start, then got injured for ages after (allegedly) ignoring the medical advice of the club...then when he came back he was mostly rubbish. There was literally about 3 massive fecking threads on here for over half the season blaming Mourinho for why Pogba was playing so badly. I mean are you serious? :lol:

He got Ole a job did he? So Pogba decides who we offer the manger's job to now? Last season was his best season for us...and we were shite, and over half the time, he was shite...so your argument makes no sense.

Why wouldn't I like him for any reason other than his performances for Manchester United? I have no other reason to give a shite about him either way.

You can't justify an argument by just completely making things up and hoping no one notices.

The problem is your inability to accept what is staring you in the face.

jem

I also don't get what the World Cup has to do with anything. If that were a deciding factor in how good a player was for United, then Kleberson would have been a great player for us.

Mainoldo

He’ll be back soon fellas and I’ll want answers from you all when he returns and gets us top 4.

jem

He’ll be back soon fellas and I’ll want answers from you all when he returns and gets us top 4.
Even if that happens, that wouldn't validate what you are saying about his performances up until now.