Pogba and Fernandes

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Honestly I think the problem Pogba has is massively fuelled by the fact no matter how badly he performs, or how much of a stink he kicks up, there's so many people willing to just stroke his ego anyway.

He's surrounded by people who will never tell him he's doing anything wrong, so why listen to the people who do?

Mainoldo

Even if that happens, that wouldn't validate what you are saying about his performances up until now.
It would because it proves what I said. He’s our best player and we play better with him.

Do you question Steven Gerrard being Liverpool’s best player in his prime? Did it matter if someone had a better season than him in the team? He was still there best player right?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He’ll be back soon fellas and I’ll want answers from you all when he returns and gets us top 4.
He wont be back soon according to Ole and I suspect unless he wants to get fit for France he wont be back full stop.

And even if he does come back, I'm not sure how this means you aren't talking shite. You're literally just making stuff up.

el3mel

Honestly I think the problem Pogba has is massively fuelled by the fact no matter how badly he performs, or how much of a stink he kicks up, there's so many people willing to just stroke his ego anyway.

He's surrounded by people who will never tell him he's doing anything wrong, so why listen to the people who do?
I think this escalated after he won the World Cup. After that he considered himself immune to criticism because of the "world cup winner" tag, which for him was more than enough as a reply whenever someone talks bad about him. His fans did the same too at some point.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I also don't get what the World Cup has to do with anything. If that were a deciding factor in how good a player was for United, then Kleberson would have been a great player for us.
It really has nothing to do with anything. World Cup and club football are different universes altogether, but when a player has an ego the size of the globe, they use whatever they can to brag about themselves. And so do their fanatic followers.

Not to mention that - even if Pogba is amazing, as long as United doesn't see any benefit from it - who gives a shit? Are we United fans or Pogba fans?

I think this escalated after he won the World Cup. After that he considered himself immune to criticism because of the "world cup winner" tag, which for him was more than enough as a reply whenever someone talks bad about him. His fans did the same too at some point.
Multiple sources have reported that his behavior changed dramatically after winning the world cup...

Last edited:

Mainoldo

Well that would just be stupid to assume someone who rates Pogba can’t see a crap performance. You think I don’t notice him stinking out the place on the field. Doing half arsed recover runs.. losing the ball in poor areas? I can give you a bunch of bad performances. Difference is I notice the whole 11 not just him.

jem

It would because it proves what I said. He’s our best player and we play better with him.

Do you question Steven Gerrard being Liverpool’s best player in his prime? Did it matter if someone had a better season than him in the team? He was still there best player right?
Ok Alexis Sanchez is our second best player. You will see when he comes back next year.

noodlehair

"It's like..."

Except Steven Gerrard was quite often Liverpool's best player over the course of a season, and also played for them his entire career, scoring crucial goals that won them major trophies and becoming one of the best players in the history of the Premier League. Gerrard's worst season for Liverpool would be better than Pogba's best for United.

You're clutching at straws except you're also imagining that the straws are even there.

Mainoldo

He wont be back soon according to Ole and I suspect unless he wants to get fit for France he wont be back full stop.

And even if he does come back, I'm not sure how this means you aren't talking shite. You're literally just making stuff up.
Just be prepared to give me answers at the end of the season.

There’s one guy round here telling me Jimenez is a better player than Martial. I gave him a year to come back at me. Might shorten it to 6 months.

jem

As for Gerrard, I think Alonso and Torres were equally as important in that 2008-9 season, but Gerrard did actually put in years of good, consistent service, something Pogba hasn't done

Mainoldo

As for Gerrard, I think Alonso and Torres were equally as important in that 2008-9 season, but Gerrard did actually put in years of good, consistent service, something Pogba hasn't done
Of course they were but Gerrard was there go to. Mascherano was very important too.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Well that would just be stupid to assume someone who rates Pogba can’t see a crap performance. You think I don’t notice him stinking out the place on the field. Doing half arsed recover runs.. losing the ball in poor areas? I can give you a bunch of bad performances. Difference is I notice the whole 11 not just him.
It's not the whole team though is it? That's another thing you just made up...And what you are describing is a majority of Paul Pogba's performances for United.

He also wants to leave, and is being a massive baby about it. He doesn't give a shite mate. It's really bizarre how people still defend him, considering how willing this forum has been to slag off the likes of Rooney.

jem

Want to bet on it?
Sure I'll bet you on the Pogba one, although I'm not really sure what the parameters are. Does he need to score X number of goals; play X number of games, etc.? There's also the correlation/causation issue. What if he comes back, doesn't play particularly well but we win regardless? Or vice-versa? Anyway, I'll bet you a beer that you can collect if you are ever in Toronto.

Mainoldo

Except Steven Gerrard was quite often Liverpool's best player over the course of a season, and also played for them his entire career, scoring crucial goals that won them major trophies and becoming one of the best players in the history of the Premier League. Gerrard's worst season for Liverpool would be better than Pogba's best for United.

You're clutching at straws except you're also imagining that the straws are even there.
Stats wise? Or just performance wise? For that to be try are you advocating you watched Gerrard at Liverpool a lot. I just find it hard to believe being in a team that finished a varied number of positions except for first meant your team was very consistent. So was he consistent week in week out?

We’ve witnessed a team like this over the last 6 years. Can you name me a consistent United performer except for our keeper?

Mainoldo

Sure I'll bet you on the Pogba one, although I'm not really sure what the parameters are. Does he need to score X number of goals; play X number of games, etc.? There's also the correlation/causation issue. What if he comes back, doesn't play particularly well but we win regardless? Or vice-versa? Anyway, I'll bet you a beer that you can collect if you are ever in Toronto.
Top 4 and he’s motm in 4 games. That fair?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Just be prepared to give me answers at the end of the season.

There’s one guy round here telling me Jimenez is a better player than Martial. I gave him a year to come back at me. Might shorten it to 6 months.
What are you on about? I don't care about Jimenez.

What would I be coming back at you about? You've made a load of shite up. You think Pogba is going to come back and what, drag us to 4th place? You realise we're only 3 points off 4th now and there's only 11 games left? What would Pogba coming back for about 5 of them prove either way?

Are you his mum?

Wheato

We turned a new page the day we signed Fernandes. Pogba is yesterdays news. It's all about the new team now and players who want to be here and want to be leaders. The only reason I can see us playing Pogba is to drive his price up and cover Bruno when he needs a rest.

Laters Paul.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Stats wise? Or just performance wise? For that to be try are you advocating you watched Gerrard at Liverpool a lot. I just find it hard to believe being in a team that finished a varied number of positions except for first meant your team was very consistent. So was he consistent week in week out?

We’ve witnessed a team like this over the last 6 years. Can you name me a consistent United performer except for our keeper?
His stats and performances were pretty good mate. You're comparing Paul Pogba to someone who would be in most people's top 5 ever premier league players. Pogba wouldn't even be in United's top 20.

The fact you've had to say except for our keeper, who is (in case you haven't noticed) currently one of our players, completely defeats your own argument, which already made no sense anyway.

I get that a team's best player might not always be their best player over a season, but then if they aren't the best player in the team over a season, you'd expect them on average to be one of the best over the course of the time they are at the club. Or at least to have moments of magic that make the difference in important games, or to a season. Does this apply to Pogba? The only real significant thing he's done is score 2 goals against City in a game that actually, was completely meaningless, and which he managed to belittle anyway by him and his agent behaving like idiots before the game.

He'sRaldo

Unfortunately, the thread has derailed predictably.

Sticking to the original premise, I think Scott would be a better option behind them than Fred, because he wins duels more consistently which is something Fred needs to work on.

It's also possible to play a diamond with Fernandes at the tip, Pogba on the left, and Fred, Matic, and Scott rotating for the other two positions. Of course, the fullbacks would need to work hard in attack for that to work but it's something to think about for sure.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm really looking forward to seeing him return. Football is entertainment and seeing the likes of Pogba and Fernandes in tandem would make me happy. The craft and guile both players posses is quite a sight and I can't wait to see them in the same line-up. We have been struggling for a while against teams who defend deep so having two players who are highly technical with fantastic playmaking qualities will be a real boost for our team.

Personally I'd keep Matic as the DM and play both Pogba and Fernandes ahead off him against the so called lesser teams. All three players are the best technical midfielders we have, and it will hopefully see us give a few teams a real thrashing.

Gasolin

I play with both on PES and I have never scored that many free kicks as with Bruno... yeah, I know where the door is.

Zlatattack

Personally I'd love to see this. We have been lacking variety in our creative department for years. To have 2 players who can make something from nothing would set our team on fire.

Champagne Football

Pogba, despite huge talent, has a toxic attitude. If there's no one constantly running around after him to wipe his arse for him after he craps, then it's tantrum time.

Bruno has exactly the attitude and mindset that we want in the dressing room moving forward.

Gasolin

Pogba, despite huge talent, has a toxic attitude. If there's no one running around after him to clean his arse for him in every moment, then it's tantrum time.

Bruno has exactly the attitude and mindset that we want in the dressing room moving forward.
Which means that Pogba will find a player to pass to with Bruno, when the forward are not making the runs. But they could also make the run. I think having both can make the team extremely interesting.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
You forget he even plays for us after a while. What’s even wrong with him now? Always seems to be about to Reuter’s from injury, or is he going to feck off somewhere better etc. It’s a shame because I feel with him and Bruno in midfield you might not even need good coaching to see some great results. That is some serious quality in midfield.

I really reckon pogba has no faith in our management. If we had a better setup he could be persuaded to stay. Seeing how he was with France, winning is priority 1 for him and it says it all that he has no faith in the current setup to deliver trophies now or in the near future.

UDontMessWith24

Where are we now if common sense was applied last summer? Pogba sold, Fernandes in there and then.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Which means that Pogba will find a player to pass to with Bruno, when the forward are not making the runs. But they could also make the run. I think having both can make the team extremely interesting.
Obviously we'd all like to see it, but it could backfire and is not worth the risk or the effort at this point. It is as likely to make us really creative offensively, as it is to make the team look disjointed and confused. It could give everyone a lift, but the more predictable scenario is Pogba making a mess of the dressing room professionalism and focus, probably trying to use his popularity to turn the team against each other or Ole to make a point about how Pogba is too good for this club and how the club is forced to let him leave.

Not trustable. That easy.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
There’s been a lot of interesting chat on this topic, and Pogba is clearly one of the polarising players in the squad, although reading through here most players have a split following these days.
I think your figure is closer to what we’ll end up getting, and I think you are right on Sancho - he would improve is more than Pogba at this point without a doubt. Ideally, I’d love Pogba to change his mentality, dump his agent and commit to Utd. However, given the choice of Pogba or Sancho, I’d choose Sancho every time. He won’t be cheap though.
I just think our focus needs to be on bringing in young, hungry players who want to be here. It’s much better to ask for a decent fee and go into next season with a brand new player with bags of potential, excited to be here, than take more chances on Pogba and his circus.

el3mel

Yet we have had our worst ever premier league season without him...............
He was playing regularly when we finished 6th last season. We are going to finish around same position this season too. Hardly a difference maker.

Giggsy13

Pogba can play a role till the end of the season but he most definitely should be sold this summer to help fund moves for Sancho and Maddison. Pogba does not have the right attitude to help lead us back to the top.

Shiva87

Pogba only has himself to blame.

You can't whore yourself out to all and sundry without displeasing your current club's fanbase.
The point is that he hasn't. It's all speculation and some agent talk (where the agent still keeps mentioning that he is committed to United till the summer). You may hate Mino's operating style, but give Pogba a break. Let him come out and disrespect the club before you go after him!

I think he will leave this summer, especially if we don't get into the champions league. But I still want him to stay. He is a professional who has done very well for us. Without him, we may not have won the EL or finished 2nd. It's no coincidence that our run of 10 wins or something when Ole came in was down to his form.

If Bruno and him can play in the same team, it will take the pressure off both players from having to play brilliantly every game. They can have a bit of an off day as long as the other one is not! Our problem last 2 seasons has been over reliance on Pogba's creativity. It's stupid to think that we should now do the same with Bruno and rely on him to produce every game.

Shiva87

100% agree. Even if the French dabbing mercenary gets match fit, I really hope OGS does not give him first team status. We should build for the future, and reward players who want to be part of that future with maximum game time and opportunity.

Put Pogba on the bench and let him have a few mins every game so Bruno, Fred or McT can save their legs. That's all Pogba is worth to me now.
Yes, like we were rewarding Andres and Lingard all season for being our youth products. Get a grip, our future will get better only if we can show some real progress over the summer and get some more quality players in. (One Bruno signing is already showing how much it can make a difference to the team).

We put ourselves in the best place to do it if we get Champions League, and have a very strong finish to the season. Which means, our best players should play. Don't see how Pogba is anything but our best player (even with Bruno!)

Jibbs

I wish Pogba had an iota of commitment for United like Gerrard had for Liverpool.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I just can't wait to have Pogba out of the club for good. Gomes apparently had a worse injury but he's back for Everton.
Of course am not blaming him for our season but the lack of commitment and the shit spout by his agent has left a sour taste in my mouth.
He has been a huge disappointment and I just want this chapter to come to an end and hopefully we move past this as a club.
I don't dream of any partnership with him in our team.
I can understand wanting him out, it's a valid desire but that part in bold is fecking stupid :lol: If you don't have access to medical files, you cannot just compare injuries like that, specially considering what happened to Pogba when he was rushed back earlier in the season.

Why do you think he cares?? Some of you guys need to get a grip :lol:
:lol::lol: This is a generation thing, we live in this kinda world

UDontMessWith24

Yet we have had our worst ever premier league season without him...............
Because he was being foolishly counted on when it was painfully obvious he didn't want to be and no replacement was brought in. Replace him with Fernandes in the summer and things may very well be different rn

E-mal

I can understand wanting him out, it's a valid desire but that part in bold is fecking stupid :lol: If you don't have access to medical files, you cannot just compare injuries like that, specially considering what happened to Pogba when he was rushed back earlier in the season.

:lol::lol: This is a generation thing, we live in this kinda world
Yeah, it is stupid to assume all injuries are the same just as it is to think everybody who post online have no idea about what they're talking.
But what we can all say is that he has shown no commitment to this club and him and his agent have added fire to an already difficult period for our club.
I hope they all leave the club asap and as much as I don't wish them bad luck, I also do not wish them any goodluck.
Anybody still having his back need to have a word with themselves.
He is just a circus who has often flatter to deceive.