Pogba and Fernandes

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
To be fair, every single player in our team has had many bad performances last season. It just the Pogba got most of the attention/blame. Despite his inconsistency and poor performances on some matches, he is at the same time our best performer over last season, both officially and in terms of stats. Just to put things into perspective, he was the only player from United who was officially voted in team of year in Premier league last season.

Is he really worldclass and worthy of his price tag/reputation? I don't think so, mainly because of his poor attitude and inconsistency

But is he really bad? Not at all, he is still our best outfield player over past few years.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah, it is stupid to assume all injuries are the same just as it is to think everybody who post online have no idea about what they're talking.
But what we can all say is that he has shown no commitment to this club and him and his agent have added fire to an already difficult period for our club.
I hope they all leave the club asap and as much as I don't wish them bad luck, I also do not wish them any goodluck.
Anybody still having his back need to have a word with themselves.
He is just a circus who has often flatter to deceive.
It also can be said that he has showed big commitment by coming back injured vs Arsenal only to get injured far worse.
Don't get me wrong, if the club can sell him for a big fee, I am all for it.
I just want give some context just to keep things fair.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I wish Pogba had an iota of commitment for United like Gerrard had for Liverpool.
Well, I guess if we pool all our resources we can probably arrange for some drug dealers to go round to Pogba's house and threaten his family...

It would be a shame to see Pogba go, but if he doesn't want to be here then there's no point hanging on to him and I don't think Ole will try. He clearly wants players who are willing to fight for the shirt. I just don't see where Pogba can go tbh. Nobody who can afford him really needs him.

My hope is that the Fernandes signing will encourage him we're moving in the right direction. With him and Rashford back in this team alongside Bruno, we're suddenly looking very dangerous. Really only a rightwinger away from being competitive again. Well, on paper at least.

Jibbs

Well, I guess if we pool all our resources we can probably arrange for some drug dealers to go round to Pogba's house and threaten his family...

It would be a shame to see Pogba go, but if he doesn't want to be here then there's no point hanging on to him and I don't think Ole will try. He clearly wants players who are willing to fight for the shirt. I just don't see where Pogba can go tbh. Nobody who can afford him really needs him.

My hope is that the Fernandes signing will encourage him we're moving in the right direction. With him and Rashford back in this team alongside Bruno, we're suddenly looking very dangerous. Really only a rightwinger away from being competitive again. Well, on paper at least.
Pogba should only be selected if he signs a new contract and publicly shows his commitment for the club. Imagine Pogba, Fernandes and Partey / Neves midfield, looks tasty, but commitment and respect come first.

fps

The thing is.
IF we sell Pogba, Utd will probably sign 3 players.

If we keep Pogba, Utd will probably sign 3 players.

So selling Pogba will make utd weaker.
No it won’t, he isn’t that good, because your best game isn’t how good you are, it’s how you back it up week in week out, and he’s a circus that stops the club focussing on being the best club it can be.

Dyslexic Untied

I have given up on Pogba, both as a consistent performer person we want in the team. He is just too unreliable in both aspects.

Can’t wait to see what Bruno and Rashford can do though. Rashford’s movement would bring out the best in Bruno. I’d be fairly confident of a top 4 finish had Rashford been fit.

Kostur

海尔的老板
You don't accommodate them. Pogba can piss off.

Don't even give the prick playing time to get him in shape for the Euros. Fernandes is the future.
Yup, this. Pogba can take Raiola and his dumb brothers and feck off straight away with his circus somewhere else.

Alemar

Why can’t we play something along the lines of 4-2-2-2 with the two of Fred, Matić and McTominay more defensive, whereas Bruno and Pogba will be more attack-minded midfielders? Up front - two of Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, with James and Ighalo providing cover and tactical flexibility

zenith

I fully expect pogba to be fit again soon. I hope we use him only has an impact player rather than try to change our manner of play around him. It's too late for us to now bother fitting him anywhere.

What's the point even when he's itching to run away in 3 months time

LiteralDave

Aslong as we get £100m I'd sell Pogba.

He killed Fred's game.
He killed McTominay's game.

Fernandes brings the best out of them all.

Use the 100m towards buying a CDM, CM, LB or Sancho.
Fernandes has only played a few minutes with McTominay, and you already know he brings the best out of him?

LiteralDave

Pogba deserves dick. Getting paid handsomely to vacation in Dubai while he pretends to be some woke character on Instagram while his teammates work their ass off to commit to the squad. Yeah feck him.
He is injured. Expecting him to be on the pitch while he is injured, is amazing to me. Rashford should be playing also right?

LiteralDave

Pogba was Player of the tournament in the europa league for us, and last year was in the PFA team of the year, but yet he is not our best player.

Nikelesh Reddy

We might only have Pogba until this summer unfortunately, but if we can get both Pogba and Fernandes on the pitch at the same time, it’ll be a pure joy to watch.

Both top quality midfielders who demand the ball and will always attempt creative, forward, risky passes :drool:

How could we line up to accommodate both Pogba and Fernandes? Who would play with them both in a 3?
Hypothetically it would be quite interesting to see how both of them fit into the same side.They both are quite similar in many ways,although Pogba is closer to being a 8 than a 10 and Bruno is probably the opposite.But like pointed out by some other posters,Pogba will definitely be gone in the summer so it’s an entirely futile debate...

Mainoldo

Pogba was Player of the tournament in the europa league for us, and last year was in the PFA team of the year, but yet he is not our best player.
He doesn’t do it week in week out you see. Or get raving reviews like Gerrard use to even though they finished in similar positions to how we are now.

Mainoldo

Hypothetically it would be quite interesting to see how both of them fit into the same side.They both are quite similar in many ways,although Pogba is closer to being a 8 than a 10 and Bruno is probably the opposite.But like pointed out by some other posters,Pogba will definitely be gone in the summer so it’s an entirely futile debate...
Bruno’s an 8 and if we have a good DM they can both occupy the 8 if we change formation. Just requires one to go and the other to sit.

MalcolmTucker

This would be my preferred; with a real attacking verve and reverting to two strikers peeling into channels if necessary. Pogba and Fernandes would naturally find themselves more advanced than the other at different points depending on when/where the ball is won back/which side the attack is built from. So no worries about two 8s.

With a four at the back of course a diamond could work behind two strikers, but what would be the point in having Pogba/Fernandes as 8's playing shorter balls to a no.10, instead of releasing pacey forwards. I'm not a fan of how our 433 has been but one can't deny that this on paper is seriously dangerous.

These are dreadful - proper 12 year old stuff

OleTheGreat

We might only have Pogba until this summer unfortunately, but if we can get both Pogba and Fernandes on the pitch at the same time, it’ll be a pure joy to watch.

Both top quality midfielders who demand the ball and will always attempt creative, forward, risky passes :drool:

How could we line up to accommodate both Pogba and Fernandes? Who would play with them both in a 3?
We can play Pogba and Bruno as 8s and Fred or Mctominay as a 6. I'm sure like you mentioned, it will be a pure joy to watch them both play together. I hope Pogba stays, i really do. He and Bruno can work wonders on the pitch and we can become one of the best teams in the world.

el3mel

But there is a big points difference isn't there?
We finished last season with 66 points. We will probably finish this one with average 60 or so as we are currently 41. Hardly a big difference.

The_Order

Pogba, MC sauce, Fred and Bruno would be the defacto midfield in the league.

crossy1686

career ending
Pogba is going to make a miraculous recovery just in time for the late Europa league stages and end of season run/Euro's. You heard it here first .

Whether or not he gets a game depends on whether or not Bruno is injured, for me.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Martial
Rashford - Pogba - Bruno (interchanging)
Fred - McTominay
Shaw (on current form) - Harry - Lindelof - AWB
Henderson

This is our best team. In my opinion, of course.

Dr Fink

Funny how Juventus managed to get a tune out of Pogba and yet we haven't fully as yet. Work for the manager I think! I'd like to see him and Bruno in the same team. One holder behind them. Bruno is not the answer - he'll get injured and drop off in form at some point. He is only human. The amount of desperation on here is mad.......Bruno as a silver bullet solution. He looks good, don't get me wrong. The lad has a swagger, confidence and ability to back it up, plus some leadership which is evident already. Mouth watering imagining him and Pogba in the same team. I'm no Poga fan-boy but the hate for him on here is savage. All his behaviour is speculative anyway.

Stick Rashford and Martial up top with James/Greenwood in a 4-3-3.

We just need someone to coach them well now..........and bin this fecking comical zonal marking. Oh well.......

TRUERED89

Martial
Rashford - Pogba - Bruno (interchanging)
Fred - McTominay
Shaw (on current form) - Harry - Lindelof - AWB
Henderson

This is our best team. In my opinion, of course.
You want Bruno/Pogba to interchange between RW? Have we not learnt any lessons from Mata/Kagawa/Mhiki? To hell with that mate! Unless im getting your shape wrong and that's supposed to be a diamond?

Silas

Obviously we'd all like to see it, but it could backfire and is not worth the risk or the effort at this point. It is as likely to make us really creative offensively, as it is to make the team look disjointed and confused.
Not sure there's any logical reasoning behind this. Why would having another creative player in the team cause 'confusion'? He isn't a new signing that needs to find his feet.

It could give everyone a lift, but the more predictable scenario is Pogba making a mess of the dressing room professionalism and focus, probably trying to use his popularity to turn the team against each other or Ole to make a point about how Pogba is too good for this club and how the club is forced to let him leave.
:lol: What's any of this based on? Reads like a fanfic.

Stadjer

We finished last season with 66 points. We will probably finish this one with average 60 or so as we are currently 41. Hardly a big difference.
The run that made Ole get the job and a when a lot of points were taken was when Pogba was playing really well. When Pogba is playing more points are taken, when he is playing well even more points are taken.

It is hard to admit for some (quite a lot people here) but Pogba is a really good player. Bruno is also a good player. The more good players you have the higher the chance of winning the game becomes. Pogba and Bruno together could actually be a fun and entertaining midfield... when was the last time Manchester Unied had something like that? Im atleast looking forward to seeing Pogba and Bruno to play together and hope that it works out and that Pogba stays at the club.

romufc

You want Bruno/Pogba to interchange between RW? Have we not learnt any lessons from Mata/Kagawa/Mhiki? To hell with that mate! Unless im getting your shape wrong and that's supposed to be a diamond?
One of the most frustrating things this. Playing a CAM as a RW...

We signed him to play central not RW. It is pointless signing someone if you will not use them in their preferred position.

The way I see it, Pogba needs to earn his place back. We cannot always let him do what he wants.

SER19

In a couple of games fernandes has shown pogba up completely as a player who can dig in and do other productive work even though it's not a brilliantly functional team.

Silas

In a couple of games fernandes has shown pogba up completely as a player who can dig in and do other productive work even though it's not a brilliantly functional team.
You think Bruno's performance yesterday is better than anything Pogba's done for United?

TRUERED89

One of the most frustrating things this. Playing a CAM as a RW...

We signed him to play central not RW. It is pointless signing someone if you will not use them in their preferred position.

The way I see it, Pogba needs to earn his place back. We cannot always let him do what he wants.
Exactly, almost as if OP hasn't watched us post SAF. Absolute NO-NO!!

OldTrevil

Just having someone else for the opposition to worry about in midfield will be huge for Pogba and the team. They can both play different positions in the middle so we'll be able to set up some interesting strategies.

4-4-2 diamond against top teams, with the ability to dominate possession or counter as necessary:
DDG
AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
Fred
McT Pogba
Bruno
Rashford Martial
4-3-3 against the rest:
DDG
AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
Fred
Bruno Pogba
Mason Martial Rashford​

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Not sure there's any logical reasoning behind this. Why would having another creative player in the team cause 'confusion'? He isn't a new signing that needs to find his feet.

:lol: What's any of this based on? Reads like a fanfic.
1. I didn't say that having another creative player would cause confusion, I said Pogba. He is much more than just a creative player, for better or worse. If you want to limit your logic only to the premiss of him being creative that's on you.
2. It is based on his previous actions. Speculations, rumours for which we've had no proof other than knowing the harmony in the club wasn't right. It has proved to be likely that Pogba indeed was responsible for much more of that than we wanted to be true. His motivation is to leave. I mean, him and his agent is still trying their best to do what they did with Mourinho, cause trouble for him so he will sell him, which is the proof I'm going of. Ridiculous thing to do right now when he isn't even playing, as it makes it much easier to see through. They've been exposed and the fans have rightly turned against him and his antics.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Pogba with creative help should be considered illegal. :lol: The guy has put up some of the best numbers in the league while surrounded by trash for at least 2 years ,last season top assists maker in PL from midfield. But he's tired of being the DM , he wants to be the number 10 but for some reason we don't want to play him at 10... Now with two 10's it might be a bad fit..
Pogba dwells on the ball much longer than is afforded to a #10. That's why he plays a 6 or an 8.

el3mel

The run that made Ole get the job and a when a lot of points were taken was when Pogba was playing really well. When Pogba is playing more points are taken, when he is playing well even more points are taken.

It is hard to admit for some (quite a lot people here) but Pogba is a really good player. Bruno is also a good player. The more good players you have the higher the chance of winning the game becomes. Pogba and Bruno together could actually be a fun and entertaining midfield... when was the last time Manchester Unied had something like that? Im atleast looking forward to seeing Pogba and Bruno to play together and hope that it works out and that Pogba stays at the club.
And he was part of the crap run at the end of the season too.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Yes, like we were rewarding Andres and Lingard all season for being our youth products. Get a grip, our future will get better only if we can show some real progress over the summer and get some more quality players in. (One Bruno signing is already showing how much it can make a difference to the team).

We put ourselves in the best place to do it if we get Champions League, and have a very strong finish to the season. Which means, our best players should play. Don't see how Pogba is anything but our best player (even with Bruno!)
I don’t think Pogba is anywhere close to being our best player. His inclusion means we have to do everything to accommodate his multiple and glaring weaknesses, which means we have to abandon many other tactical options, and the return on that investment has gotten us nowhere.

Can’t wait til this virus infects another club.