Paul Pogba | Back in full training

DoomSlayer

We won't buy anyone and will have to play Matic and Fred literally every game, resulting in us losing in all cups and dropping to mid-table again. Happy new year.

The Bloody-Nine

By the time he comes back he'll have been talked up into the best midfielder in the league. He's a decent young player but nothing more.

BlueHaze

I mean it was confirmed after the match against Newcastle McTom had injured his knee ligaments so a few months out was the expected. No one comes back a "few weeks" after having ligament damage in the knee.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
By the time he comes back he'll have been talked up into the best midfielder in the league. He's a decent young player but nothing more.
Decent but you can see how much you need him after tonight. If you don't bring in a new CM this window then something is very wrong.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I mean it was confirmed after the match against Newcastle McTom had injured his knee ligaments so a few months out was the expected. No one comes back a "few weeks" after having ligament damage in the knee.
Zlatan came back so early he played the week before his knee ligaments blew out. Incredible man.

peridigm

We won't buy anyone and will have to play Matic and Fred literally every game, resulting in us losing in all cups and dropping to mid-table again. Happy new year.
I expect us to take 2 pts at most from our next 3 PL matches. We could be well into the bottom half of the table come February. It’s not a large margin.

CM10

It's crazy to think the success of our season can hinge on an injury to Scott McTominay. That and the Pogba news leaves me with very little optimism for the coming weeks.

ShinjiNinja26

If we don’t sign at least one midfielder this window then the club is truly run by incompetent bastards and is even more fecked than we all thought.

Who’d have thought though at the start of the season that losing McTominay would’ve been an even bigger blow than losing Pogba? Amazing turn around from Scott, he’s become a real important cog in this team.

Flying_Heckfish

We are so far off where we should be...

McT is a promising player, would be a great bench option in a Fergie team.

That him being injured feels like such a devastating loss is damning. Our standards are so low right now.

It's important we don't rush him back, but we need to sign 2x first teamers right now so I can see it happening.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Its fine, Herrera can fill in, no, wait, Fellani can fill in.... actually, wait, maybe its time to release the Jones!

el3mel

Feck sake wasn't Scott's injury for about 8 weeks, 2 months I mean? Now it's few months. Things are going from bad to worse for our midfield.

Paul_Scholes18

This year start terribly. Our season might be gone by the time Mctominay is back. Wolves and City next in the cup is very hard games.
Liverpool away soon in the league too so we might fall further behind Chelsea.

Paul_Scholes18

I expect us to take 2 pts at most from our next 3 PL matches. We could be well into the bottom half of the table come February. It’s not a large margin.
We should beat Norwich though. If not Ole surely has to get sacked.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Pretty clear McT doesn’t want to play for us anymore. First a knock, then a few weeks, now a few months. Sick of the circus around him. GET OUT OF MY CLUB!!111 Bet he celebrated New Year last night too.

Snafu17

We basically need to bring in at least one CM and he needs to perform pretty much immediately, while staying fit until the end of the season or we're pretty much fecked.

How in the feck did we not bring a midfielder in in the summer is fecking beyond me. This is the most predictable feck up possible, it's quite incredible how much negligence you can show on such a high level.

Best case scenario we are going to get fleeced for someone who will manage to put up decent but not game changing performances until the end of the season and maybe another academy players steps up. Anything more is a fairy tale.

Last edited:

DoomSlayer

Pretty clear McT doesn’t want to play for us anymore. First a knock, then a few weeks, now a few months. Sick of the circus around him. GET OUT OF MY CLUB!!111 Bet he celebrated New Year last night too.
McTominay got injured so much because he gets stuck in and puts his body on the line every game. Your post is one of a typical Pogba fanboy.

Paul_Scholes18

Phil Jones in midfield might be the answer? Moyes made that work at least. Although he is way beyond Ole in terms of abilities.

DoomSlayer

that was the point, I'd say.
No, the point was to mock the people questioning the Pogba situation by making fun of McTominay in the process because he isn't a "saucy player", as I've seen him being described on social media. Well, McTominay literally puts his body on the line every game and goes into dangerous duels for the sake of the team. That;s the difference.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
So that's Mctominay out for the season and Pogba out indefinitely. Great.

Ed has nowhere to hide now. Reinforcements are a necessity if we harbor any hopes of finishing in the top four.

izec

Another 3-4 weeks is pretty convenient, enough time to sort out if he will be a United player til the summer or not.

Superunknown

If anything happens to Fred now, we are so screwed. Our midfield is already bare to begin with, so these injuries do not help one bit. Annoyed as McTominay and Fred looked to be playing quite well together. No reason at all not to invest in more players now in either this transfer window and/or the Summer window.

DoomSlayer

If anything happens to Fred now, we are so screwed. Our midfield is already bare to begin with, so these injuries do not help one bit. Annoyed as McTominay and Fred looked to be playing quite well together. No reason at all not to invest in more players now in either this transfer window and/or the Summer window.
We won't buy anyone in January and the reason is simple - incompetent, soft board and CEO. We are done.

Eric's Seagull

Agree entirely with your post. We need serious investment and I think we are now seeing how much of a silly decision it was to not invest in midfield in the summer.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
We don't even have anyone who can step into midfield as a makeshift, so we pretty much have to get someone in now.

Matic looked a lot better today than he has for a while, oddly, but even so he can't play two games a week for weeks on end and is still not suited for games like today.

Jericholyte2

I don’t care if it means we get our pants pulled down, we HAVE to get our summer (2020) CM targets now!

We are now at the point of Fred being our senior CM and one step away from Phil Jones in CM.

But of course it won’t happen and we’ll limp along to an 8/9/10th place finish.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It's crazy to think the success of our season can hinge on an injury to Scott McTominay. That and the Pogba news leaves me with very little optimism for the coming weeks.
Why do you say that? In the current market, McT is a £55m-60m signing.

dave1956

With regards to Pogba, he suffers an ankle / foot injury, plays 40 plus minutes and then ( Club statement "Feels not right to play " ), then is allowed to travel and play in a charity game, then news released that he has a ankle problem which may or may not require surgery but at least looking at a 4 week lay off.
Question 1 : When did the latest ankle problem occur or is it a continuation of the original injury. 2. If it was the reason why he did not feel right to play i.e., Burnley way was he allowed to play in a Charity game. 3. Did the injury occur as a result of the Charity game. 4. Is Pogba / agent working the ticket to leave sooner than later and is the club also providing a smoke screen i.e., injury problems, in order to maintain shirt sales, share value or season ticket sales for next season.
I am not expecting answers to these questions, but I would question the club's medical team in injury assessments, in the case of Pogba and Mctominay where the initial prognosis of the injury and recovery time was way off the mark.

Irwin99

Like Sir Alex used to do, you just have to try and manage with these things, maybe play a few players in there who can 'do a job'. Axel or Jones in the midfield or Lindelof. Aside from the midfield our injuries really aren't bad at the moment.

croadyman

Yeah if people thought we had been awful to watch for most of this season then boy is it about to get much worse with zero quality on the ball in the centre of midfield. I dread to think of the beating we are going to take at Anfield against their workhorses and City will also exact revenge in the league cup for that league defeat too.